Almost Crashed my car and killed myself

So today i almost crashed my car while going 100Km/h, It happened right after turning left at roundabout, Here is what and how it happened

It was a Tuesday morning, it had been raining all night, but by now the rain had stopped Get up at 6:30, have a shower get ready for work stop by and get a coffee from the Cafe down the road

after getting a coffee i was heading down towards the highway in front of me is a truck, and a bus they turned off before the Highway.

As i came up to a roundabout used to get on the highway. i had come to a complete stop to give way to those already in it, i turned to head to work, I dropped the throttle to the floor got up to 60km with 4000RPM i then snapped the car into 2nd gear, i got up to 95 @ 4000RPM, i then hit the car into third got up to 100Km/h when the car span out (Road was wet/But it wasn't Raining) I dumped the clutch and pulled the car out of gear as the car span to the right with car right next to me, me being half a car length ahead of him, he saw what is currently happening and he's sped off as i'm sliding into the right lane almost hitting him, he managed to get away fast enough while at the same time i turned left hard to fight for control of the car, it then span out to the left, i'm now in the right lane and almost going sideways so i turn hard to the right the can then spinning off to the right i turn hard left then immediately right, then again left to regain control of the car within 10 seconds of spinning out sliding down the highway at 100KM/H i regained control, i look behind me to see no cars for about 200 Meters, i think to myself Thank god there's no one there, i then pulled over to the side of the road to process what just happened.

This was a high speed incident that could have ended Fatal for me and/other drivers

My Car is Rear-Wheel Drive V6 straight 4L

I managed not to hit anyone or anything my car did not crash into the wall nor touch it, 

My car has no damage since I've looked the car that was next to me while it was happening took off and didn't stop to see if i was OK, i was stopped on the side of the road for 5 minutes before i continued to head to work, about 500 Meters down the road i see the person i almost hit looking to see if his car has any damage, he didn't see me so i didn't stop since he didn't do it for me.

I arrived at work a little before everyone else so i took time to check my care again for damage, still found none

I'm not Injured just a little shaken

I'm Lucky to be alive, Had there been a car or two behind me it would have been much much worse

This all happened right before Peak Traffic hour( Thank god)

What happened was the effect of aquaplaning,

I have not told anyone or informed police since i was within the speed limits, no one was hurt/injured 

and there was no crash or something to sort out

Speed Kills, Please Drive Safely

Keep the speed on a closed track

"Life's too Short, Use Express Install" Express install subject to spying
                                        -Microsoft 2015

glad you came out of this unharmed! this could have been much worse.

V6 straight 4L

so is it a V6 or a straight 6?

sorry for being a nazi on the details

Wow, good on you for gaining control. That could have gotten much, much worse. I'm always a bit more careful when it has been raining.

New to Star Citizen? Look no further!

Speed Kills, Please Drive Safely

Keep the speed on a closed track

speed-has-never-killed-anyone.jpg

Too soon?

Seriously though, don't treat speed limits like targets. Just because the road's limit is X doesn't mean it's safe to do that speed, especially when it's raining/snowing/icy. At least you kept control, that situation could've ended very differently.

wow crazy story  :o

rwd is a little hard to control when you spin out like that

congrats on being alive! :)

but tbh 100km/h is not that fast...

normal highway speed

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

glad you came out of this unharmed! this could have been much worse.

so is it a V6 or a straight 6?

sorry for being a nazi on the details

straight 6

-Microsoft 2015

Too soon?

Seriously though, don't treat speed limits like targets. Just because the road's limit is X doesn't mean it's safe to do that speed, especially when it's raining/snowing/icy. At least you kept control.

you made my day with that :)

-Microsoft 2015

I almost ran someone over on a bike over yesterday, it was so fucking close. But to my defense, she was driving like an idiot and flicking me off after I honked at her. Would have probably been better if I actually ran her over...

I suddenly appreciate my FF car with understeering...

I usually drive at 80km/h-120km/h on highways regardless of weather (if the engine feels like giving enough torque during heavy rain or high humidity sub 25C)...

Last time I experienced hydroplaning was when I entered a flooded area while going 70km/h out of a corner...

Going round a roundabout the other day, doing a lazy 10 mph round with cars behind and infront. Dry road. Suddenly, the Mini in front of my car spins. Was very strange. Driver looked terrified, I laughed because we were going so slowly.

CPU: AMD 7800X3D Motherboard: NZXT B650E RAM: 32GB 5600 30-CL Corsair Vengeance DDR5 GPU: MSI Gaming X Trio RTX 2070 PSU: Corsair RM850i Monitor: Samsung 27" 4K thing Cooling:Noctua Chromax Black NH-D15: Case: NZXT H510 Black

Sorry to say, but this was your own fault. You were not driving in correlation to conditions.

If you want to join a really cool Discord chatroom with some great guys here from LTT and outside this community then PM me!

Sorry to say, but this was your own fault. You were not driving in correlation to conditions.

Did i say it was someone elses fault?

no i didn't 

-Microsoft 2015

Did i say it was someone elses fault?

no i didn't 

Differences between UK and US (or wherever you are) aside it would be classed as reckless driving. Reckless acceleration combined with inexperience and ignorance of conditions. Any moderately experienced driver knows that when there has been rain it will often lift the oils and fluids to the surface of the road decreasing traction in combination with the risk of aquaplaning itself. It is a miracle that you didn't kill someone.

Sorry but someone has to say this: Brainless little shits such as yourself are the primary reason that there are so many deaths on the roads and such high insurance costs these days - irrespective of geographical location. Hopefully you were caught on the highway surveillance system.

The single biggest problem in communication is the illusion that it has taken place.

its not inexperience, i actually passed my Defensive driving course 

i knew how to handle the situation 

i knew I'm at fault, an i take full responsibility

you must have never driven on the roads here in Australia 

-Microsoft 2015

Differences between UK and US (or wherever you are) aside it would be classed as reckless driving. Reckless acceleration combined with inexperience and ignorance of conditions. Any moderately experienced driver knows that when there has been rain it will often lift the oils and fluids to the surface of the road decreasing traction in combination with the risk of aquaplaning itself. It is a miracle that you didn't kill someone.

Sorry but someone has to say this: Brainless little shits such as yourself are the primary reason that there are so many deaths on the roads and such high insurance costs these days - irrespective of geographical location. Hopefully you were caught on the highway surveillance system.

and thank you for taking concern about my safety

you should have just said, you should have let the car crash and kill you

-Microsoft 2015

You thought it was a good idea to accelerate fast on wet roads? Also if you slid and are sure it was not hydroplaning then maybe look for new tires.

You thought it was a good idea to accelerate fast on wet roads? Also if you slid and are sure it was not hydroplaning then maybe look for new tires.

i know it was HydroPlaning

-Microsoft 2015

I almost ran someone over on a bike over yesterday, it was so fucking close. But to my defense, she was driving like an idiot and flicking me off after I honked at her. Would have probably been better if I actually ran her over...

Don't even honk at people not in a car, please. Not even if they're idiots.

I go almost everywhere by bicycle, and I can tell you, someone honking at me doesn't help in any way, shape or form. IF I'm doing something wrong (which I'm usually not, for some reason people honk because they make a mistake) it'll only make it worse and startle me.

Yes, I do flip off most people who honk at me. It hurts my ears. It's f-in loud if you're not encased inside a car.

"It's a taxi, it has a FARE METER."

pulled the car out of gear

But why did you pull it out of gear? You have more breaking power in gear.

But why did you pull it out of gear? You have more breaking power in gear.

breaking makes it worse, i din't brake at all while spinning

-Microsoft 2015

Too soon?

Seriously though, don't treat speed limits like targets. Just because the road's limit is X doesn't mean it's safe to do that speed, especially when it's raining/snowing/icy. At least you kept control, that situation could've ended very differently.

That's not entirely true. If you jump out of your rocket ship while re-entering the earth's atmosphere, you're gonna die long before you hit the ground.

i know it was HydroPlaning

Can't do much about that then. Lucky nothing bad happened I guess. 

Don't even honk at people not in a car, please. Not even if they're idiots.

I go almost everywhere by bicycle, and I can tell you, someone honking at me doesn't help in any way, shape or form. IF I'm doing something wrong (which I'm usually not, for some reason people honk because they make a mistake) it'll only make it worse and startle me.

Yes, I do flip off most people who honk at me. It hurts my ears. It's f-in loud if you're not encased inside a car.

It should not startle you, and as for being loud yeah you know that ahead of time so if you don't want to hear it then don't go where someone might honk their horn.