Someome is trying to access my steam and gmail account! :O

Recon97

For the past 2 days I have been getting notifications from steam and gmail that someone from united States tried to access my account.Luckily I have 2 step verification on gmail which means that the hacker won't be able to access both of accounts since steam is linked to my gmail. (Fuck me to the eternity)If so the hacker tried to access my gmail through Linux. What should I do to stop it?

For the past 2 days I have been getting notifications from steam and gmail that someone from united States tried to access my account.Luckily I have 2 step verification on gmail which means that the hacker won't be able to access both of accounts since steam is linked to my gmail.I heard that Linux is uised for hacking,is this true? If so the hacker tried to access my gmail through Linux. What should I do to stop it?

Change your password and add extra symbols and numbers

<p>Wish I could have this already!! : http://pcpartpicker.com/p/qTLRjX

change your password. make sure you have 2/3 step verification on and if possible, report it to google/valve

"Unofficially Official" Leading Scientific Research and Development Officer of the Official Star Citizen LTT Conglomerate | Reaper Squad, Idris Captain | 1x Aurora LN

Game developer, AI researcher, Developing the UOLTT mobile apps

G SIX [My Mac Pro G5 CaseMod Thread]

change the PWs to be secure as fuck..not much else you can do.

System Specs

CPU: Ryzen 5 5600x | Mobo: Gigabyte B550i Aorus Pro AX | RAM: Hyper X Fury 3600 64gb | GPU: Nvidia FE 4090 | Storage: WD Blk SN750 NVMe - 1tb, Samsung 860 Evo - 1tb, WD Blk - 6tb/5tb, WD Red - 10tb | PSU:Corsair ax860 | Cooling: AMD Wraith Stealth  Displays: 55" Samsung 4k Q80R, 24" BenQ XL2420TE/XL2411Z & Asus VG248QE | Kb: K70 RGB Blue | Mouse: Logitech G903 | Case: Fractal Torrent RGB | Extra: HTC Vive, Fanatec CSR/Shifters/CSR Elite Pedals w/ Rennsport stand, Thustmaster Warthog HOTAS, Track IR5,, ARCTIC Z3 Pro Triple Monitor Arm | OS: Win 10 Pro 64 bit

Change all of your passwords. It's less likely a hacker and more likely some kid who got lucky guessing passwords.

i7 2600k @ 5GHz 1.49v - EVGA GTX 1070 ACX 3.0 - 16GB DDR3 2000MHz Corsair Vengence

Asus p8z77-v lk - 480GB Samsung 870 EVO w/ W10 LTSC - 2x1TB HDD storage - 240GB SATA SSD w/ W7 - EVGA 650w 80+G G2

3x 1080p 60hz Viewsonic LCDs, 1 glorious Dell CRT running at anywhere from 60hz to 120hz

Model M w/ Soarer's adapter - Logitch g502 - Audio-Techinca M20X - Cambridge SoundWorks speakers w/ woofer

For the past 2 days I have been getting notifications from steam and gmail that someone from united States tried to access my account.Luckily I have 2 step verification on gmail which means that the hacker won't be able to access both of accounts since steam is linked to my gmail.I heard that Linux is uised for hacking,is this true? If so the hacker tried to access my gmail through Linux. What should I do to stop it?

Lol. The way you refer to Linux amuses me

No offense intended but it reminds me of an old person referring to the Internet.

There's nothing you can really do aside from have a good password and use the 2 step authentication. Maybe run a virus scan on your computer to make sure there isn't a key logger or anything installed

01010010 01101111 01100010  01001101 01100001 01100011 01010010 01100001 01100101

Just ensure you have all the security features that those accounts offer (such as two-step), change your password on those accounts and i'd also recomend changing your email to something like this: Wf$f2#AHGu&$NQQ89@

https://lastpass.com/generatepassword.php

EDIT: Use the maximum character length allowed, use LastPass to store them (great password manager) 

People also use windows to hack, whats your point on the linux thing?...

The best you can do is change passwords to even more difficult ones and keep the 2 step authentication.

CPU     4790K  4.7GHz @ 1.17 volts

MOBO  Asus Z97-K

GPU     980ti Strix

RAM    16GB G.Skill

Thank you all. @LoneRangerS thanx for sharing that link.

And to people getting amused by my Linux question, I am noob in this matter.I had been away from internet since 3 or 4 month.So yeah giggle hard!

And to people getting amused by my Linux question, I am noob in this matter.I had been away from internet since 3 or 4 month.So yeah giggle hard!

Linux is literally decades old, its likely older then you.

System Specs

CPU: Ryzen 5 5600x | Mobo: Gigabyte B550i Aorus Pro AX | RAM: Hyper X Fury 3600 64gb | GPU: Nvidia FE 4090 | Storage: WD Blk SN750 NVMe - 1tb, Samsung 860 Evo - 1tb, WD Blk - 6tb/5tb, WD Red - 10tb | PSU:Corsair ax860 | Cooling: AMD Wraith Stealth  Displays: 55" Samsung 4k Q80R, 24" BenQ XL2420TE/XL2411Z & Asus VG248QE | Kb: K70 RGB Blue | Mouse: Logitech G903 | Case: Fractal Torrent RGB | Extra: HTC Vive, Fanatec CSR/Shifters/CSR Elite Pedals w/ Rennsport stand, Thustmaster Warthog HOTAS, Track IR5,, ARCTIC Z3 Pro Triple Monitor Arm | OS: Win 10 Pro 64 bit

change your password. make sure you have 2/3 step verification on and if possible, report it to google/valve

3 step O.o

i only know of 2

Actually, you should run a virus scan on your system before you change any passwords.

linux has been a thing for years.... but nevermind xD

Well, linux is a tiny bit older than 3 or 4 months.

Change all of your passwords. It's less likely a hacker and more likely some kid who got lucky guessing passwords.

More likely a keylogger if they are going after gmail and steam. In that case password strength means nothing. Run malware scans before changing all your passwords.

5800X3D / ASUS X570 Dark Hero / 32GB 3600mhz / EVGA RTX 3090ti FTW3 Ultra / Dell S3422DWG / Logitech G815 / Logitech G502 / Sennheiser HD 599

2021 Razer Blade 14 3070 / S23 Ultra

More likely a keylogger if they are going after gmail and steam. In that case password strength means nothing. Run malware scans before changing all your passwords.

Good point.

i7 2600k @ 5GHz 1.49v - EVGA GTX 1070 ACX 3.0 - 16GB DDR3 2000MHz Corsair Vengence

Asus p8z77-v lk - 480GB Samsung 870 EVO w/ W10 LTSC - 2x1TB HDD storage - 240GB SATA SSD w/ W7 - EVGA 650w 80+G G2

3x 1080p 60hz Viewsonic LCDs, 1 glorious Dell CRT running at anywhere from 60hz to 120hz

Model M w/ Soarer's adapter - Logitch g502 - Audio-Techinca M20X - Cambridge SoundWorks speakers w/ woofer

Yes and use a REAL anti virus not norton or some crap.

Malwarebytes, HitmanPro, Bitdefender, Roguekiller, adwcleaner to name a few are great anti malware programs.

3 step O.o

i only know of 2

Well 1 step is password. 2 step is for example a security question along with a password. 3 step is a confirmation code sent to your phone number or something like that

"Unofficially Official" Leading Scientific Research and Development Officer of the Official Star Citizen LTT Conglomerate | Reaper Squad, Idris Captain | 1x Aurora LN

Game developer, AI researcher, Developing the UOLTT mobile apps

G SIX [My Mac Pro G5 CaseMod Thread]

Damn that sucks. Best of luck.

Love cats and Linus. Check out linuscattips-fan-club. http://pcpartpicker.com/p/Z9QDVn and Asus ROG Swift. I love anime as well. Check out Heaven Society heaven-society. My own personal giveaway thread http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/387856-evga-geforce-gtx-970-giveaway-presented-by-grimneo/.

3 step O.o

i only know of 2

The 3 steps of authentication that can exist are:

• Something you know (a password)
  • Something you have (sms authentication etc)
  • Something you are (biometrics)

Obviously the 3rd one isn't used very much though, and isn't reasonable here either.

If you have a security question, an attacker can find out the answer just as easily as they can your password (keylogger/hacked another site/etc)

HTTP/2 203

im doing this just to spam you notifications more.

System Specs

I have changed the password.Now it's a very very hard oneand will run scan using malaarebytes.I am done so you all people have my consent to derail my topic.

SOUNDS LIKE YOU GOT RATTED

Man RATS are some pretty tough shits to remove

wipe your harddrive then your squeky cleen safe