Witcher Series

Guest Oakley

Do I need to play the first two games before I play the third? Is it essential?

Thanks

Thanks

Not really

GAMING RIG:

CPU: Ryzen 5 5800X3D

MOBO: ASUS TUF Gaming X570 PLUS (Wi-Fi)

RAM: 32GB G.Skill Ripjaws @ 3600MHz

GPU: PowerColor Fighter RX 6700 XT

STORAGE: 500GB Crucial MX500 M.2 (Boot Drive) / 500GB Crucial SATA / 1TB WD HDD

CASE: Dimas Tech EasyBench V3.0

VR RIG:

CPU: Ryzen 7 5700x

MOBO: MSI B550 Gaming GEN3

GPU: Zotac AMP! 2080 Super

STORAGE: 250GB ADATA SSD / 500GB WD Blue SSD / 1TB WD Blue HD

Yes, because if you play The Wicher 3 without playing the other titles, your eyeballs will explode.

But seriously, you don't "need" to, but it will give you a better idea of what's happening.

"Fighting for peace is like screwing for virginity"

- George Carlin (1937-2008)

Plus if you play the first two you can transfer save files

GAMING RIG:

CPU: Ryzen 5 5800X3D

MOBO: ASUS TUF Gaming X570 PLUS (Wi-Fi)

GPU: PowerColor Fighter RX 6700 XT

STORAGE: 500GB Crucial MX500 M.2 (Boot Drive) / 500GB Crucial SATA / 1TB WD HDD

CASE: Dimas Tech EasyBench V3.0

VR RIG:

CPU: Ryzen 7 5700x

MOBO: MSI B550 Gaming GEN3

GPU: Zotac AMP! 2080 Super

STORAGE: 250GB ADATA SSD / 500GB WD Blue SSD / 1TB WD Blue HD

Not really but playing it is better as sometimes you get questions about that past.

ﷲ   Muslim Member  ﷲ

KennyS and ScreaM are my role models in CSGO.

CPU: i3-4130 Motherboard: Gigabyte H81M-S2PH RAM: 8GB Kingston hyperx fury HDD: WD caviar black 1TB GPU: MSI 750TI twin frozr II Case: Aerocool Xpredator X3 PSU: Corsair RM650

They've made it so that you can jump in without having played the last 2 games, but it's really just like watching the last film of a sequel trillogy without seeing the rest of the trillogy, or the story before it (which is referenced, but not spoiled, a fair bit in 3)

Aragorn (WS): 250D | 6800k | 840 Pro 512GB | Intel 530 480GB  | Asus X99-M WS | 64GB DDR4 | Corsair HX720i | GTX 1070 | Corsair H115i | Philips BDM4350UC 43" 3840x2160 IPS

Gimli (server):  Node 304 | G4560 | ADATA XPG SX8000 128GB | 2x 5TB WD Red | ASROCK H270M-ITX/AC  | 8GB DDR4 | Seasonic 400FL

Omega (server):                 Fractal Arc Mini R2 | i3 4130 | 500GB Maxtor | 2TB WD Red : Raid 1 | 3TB Seagate Barracuda | 16GB RAM | Seasonic G-450w
Alpha (WS): 900D | 4770k | GTX 780  | 840 Pro 512GB  | GA-Z87X-OC | Corsair RM 850 | 24GB 2400mhz | Samsung S27B970D 2560x1440

||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||

Not really, you don't need to play the other games, but the story would make more sense if you read or played the books other games.

Computing enthusiast. 
I use to be able to input a cheat code now I've got to input a credit card - Total Biscuit

Just watch an explanation video on YouTube instead. It will save you hours of your life. The original witcher has pretty bad gameplay compared to today's standards, and it's not particularly pretty. The witcher 2 is a massive leap forward and worth the time just because it's a fun game and still looks pretty good. But it's not absolutely necessary for story.

If you don't then your missing out. Those two games have a lot of content. Though you don't really need to play inorder to know the lore its still nice to know what really happened and the experience is worth it. From gameplay changes fron W1 to W2 as well (started and finished playing W2 straight from dark difficulty) as some choices you have to make affect what happen in the next games. Kinda like mass effect. W2 graphics was a big step forward (as in that big, for me it kinda looks better than W3)  Plus you get to transfer save files. Heck I'm just starting W3 now not even past chapter 1 LOL!

Desktop: ARX-Laevatein : soon to be ARX-8 http://au.pcpartpicker.com/p/8RyhHx

Custom Aurora R4 ALX case + Caselabs Merlin Pedestal | i7- 4820k @ 4.8 Ghz | Asus Rampage IV Gene Mobo | 16gb Corsair Dominator Platinum | EVGA/Gigabyte 12GB Titan X SLI | 128GB Samsung 850 Pro + 1TB Samsung 850 Pro + 2x WD RED 3TB| EVGA 1200 P2 PSU | Win 10 | Razer Black Widow Chroma | Corsair M95 | Asus ROG Swift PG278Q | Sennheiser G4ME ZERO White

Laptop: M17x R4 Stealth Black :

i7-3940xm | 32 Gb G.Skill Ripjaws | 8Gb GTX 880m | Killer Wireless N-1103 | 500Gb Samsung 840 EVO, 1TB WD 5400rpm + 32Gb Msata SSD Cache | 1920 x 1080 120Hz 3D screen | DVDRWBD | Sound Blaster recon 3Di | M18x 330w PSU | Win 7 Ultimate | Zalman ZM-NC11 Black | Corsair Vengeance K70 RGB | Razer Mamba 2012 | Sennheiser PC 363D 7.1 Headset

Ok, thanks for the feedback guys!

I did not and have thoroughly enjoyed my experience. There are some instances, however, where characters are introduced (or re-introduced) that Geralt should know yet I was oblivious. Luckily the in-game Characters or whatever page has their bios and the important info. 

So you do not need to play the others to enjoy and understand the new one. That being said, I picked up the others during the Summer Sale and plan on playing them after I finish 3 (130 hours in and still not done lol).

Whenever I don't know something during a conversation between characters whether it's an event or person they're talking about, I always google it. So yeah, IMO you don't need to play the previous titles.

Corsair 760T White | Asus X99 Deluxe | Intel i7-5930k @ 4.4ghz | Corsair H110 | G.Skill Ripjawz 2400mhz | Gigabyte GTX 970 Windforce G1 Gaming (1584mhz/8000mhz) | Corsair AX 760w | Samsung 850 pro | WD Black 1TB | IceModz Sleeved Cables | IceModz RGB LED pack

Well the first game is old and dated. You could skip that and just watch some youtube videos about it.

I would say play the 2nd one. It's still a modern game that should be enjoyable.

No not really, but you are really missing out on great games. Some parts in the Witcher 3 may not make sense because they ask you what happened in the past titles.

Thanks

Its not necessarily required. But it helps giving a lot of insight into the characters in the game. If anything maybe play Witcher 2, its still an amazing game and it will further deepen your experience in The Witcher 3.

My Rigs:

Gaming/CAD/Rendering Rig
Case:
 Corsair Air 240 , CPU: i7-4790K, Mobo: ASUS Gryphon Z97 mATX,  GPU: Gigabyte G1 Gaming GTX 970, RAM: G.Skill Sniper 16GB, SSD: SAMSUNG 1TB 840 EVO, Cooling: Corsair H80i PCPP: https://au.pcpartpicker.com/b/f2TH99SFF HTPC
Case:
Silverstone ML06B, CPU: Pentium G3258, Mobo: Gigabyte GA-H97N-WiFi, RAM: G.Skill 4GB, SSD: Kingston SSDNow 120GB PCPP: https://au.pcpartpicker.com/b/JmZ8TW

I also skipped the 1st one. But 2 is very amazing.

Right now finishing 2 again because 3 will take a lot of time from what I have heard.

Finally got PS4 Pro

Thanks

Witcher 3 is my first witcher, and im get bored now. Plan to stop playing it. But everyone says that the third game is the best witcher

Yeaa.. Maybe u get the idea