Creating an app

1mperator

Hello there internet!

So i'm trying to create an mobile app for a Fraternal organization I belong to. 

I have no experience programming apart from 2 C++ semesters at college.

What is the best website/program/thing that I could use to start this adventure?

Please help me internet.

-snip-

iOS, Android or Windows Phone?

iOS: XCode

Android: Android Studio

WP: Visual Studio (2010 or '13)

"We're all in this together, might as well be friends" Tom, Toonami.

mini eLiXiVy: my open source 65% mechanical PCB, a build log, PCB anatomy and discussing open source licenses: https://linustechtips.com/topic/1366493-elixivy-a-65-mechanical-keyboard-build-log-pcb-anatomy-and-how-i-open-sourced-this-project/

mini_cardboard: a 4% keyboard build log and how keyboards workhttps://linustechtips.com/topic/1328547-mini_cardboard-a-4-keyboard-build-log-and-how-keyboards-work/

For speedy development and cross device support- iOS, Android, Blackberry etc. I would look at cordova.js. HTML/CSS is super easy to pick up, and that's pretty much what controls how it will look. Scripting is done using JavaScript. Then cordova will port it to each different language for whatever device you want. PhoneGap uses cordova, and that's the adobe endorsed version if you want to try it out.

This way you won't need to learn Java and Swift and a few other things if targeting smaller OS'

I am good at computer

Spoiler

Motherboard: Gigabyte G1 sniper 3 | CPU: Intel 3770k @5.1Ghz | RAM: 32Gb G.Skill Ripjaws X @1600Mhz | Graphics card: EVGA 980 Ti SC | HDD: Seagate barracuda 3298534883327.74B + Samsung OEM 5400rpm drive + Seatgate barracude 2TB | PSU: Cougar CMX 1200w | CPU cooler: Custom loop

Do Android - $25 once and your apps go on the store forever*.  Android is also the most popular mobile OS, so they will likely be able to use it.  iOS app development is $99/year and you need a Crapintosh to program for it.  So unless you have/will spend $1100+ to get your iOS app out there, you're probably going to like android.  Also, android apps can go on the Amazon appstore free of charge once you have a developer account.

Need help deciding on building computer?  Message me, I can help decide on parts.  

Do Android with Android Studio

|Intel Core i5-4670K| |Gigabyte Z97P-D3| |Seagate 1TB SSHD| |Fractal Design Define S| |Corsair CS650M| |Asus PB278Q| |Cooler Master CM Storm Devastator Bundle|

Do Android with Android Studio

What he said

Need help deciding on building computer?  Message me, I can help decide on parts.  

could also use jquery mobile to an html based app. Then you can host it on the internet and creat a simple wrapper application.

You can use http://ai2.appinventor.mit.edu/ it allows you to drag and drop then use blocks to create the functionalty, it's pretty much scratch if you have ever used it.

¸„»°'´¸„»°'´ Vorticalbox `'°«„¸`'°«„¸
`'°«„¸¸„»°'´¸„»°'´`'°«„¸Scientia Potentia est  ¸„»°'´`'°«„¸`'°«„¸¸„»°'´