So..what do you guys think of the Star Wars Battlefront Alpha?

Muffinmaddness

those who got in the alpha what are your thoughts so far,

iv only played about an hour and, so far its meh.,..

the air combat is awful, and most players actively avoid flying around. The map iv played on is Hoth. its basically battlefield just not as good.

graphically, im running it at 1080p ultra and its not amazing, its "ok" . weapons are accurate to the movie, meaning i cant hit anything with a rifle just like a real stormtrooper, xD.

but yea not overly impressed, but i never played the older ones so maybe its better. im not sure, but to me if feels just like a battlefield 4 mod, that spent 20 minutes sorting out the air combat

and spent 95% of their time on skins and maps...and trenches....lots...of trenches.....

AT-AT and ( the other one) are annoying if your against. hope you can use a lightsaber on therm like Luke did in the full release.

so yeah anyone played it? anyone got any questions?...anyone still care?

Edited by Muffinmaddness

Specs 

CPU-Intel I7 4790K- @ 4.5Ghz / Mobo - Asus Maximus Hero VII / GPU - GTX 980 @ 1592MHz / RAM - 16Gb Corsair Vengeance Pro @ 2400Mhz / Cooler - Corsair H105 / SSD - Samsung 250gb 840 EVO / HDD - 2x 2tb Seagate/3x 3tb Seagate / PSU - Corsair RM1000 / Keyboard - Corsair K70 / Mouse - Corsair M65 / Case - Custom Glass panel Corsair Obsidian 750D -  Still saving for upgrades =)

I'm just hoping that they release a beta aka demo for the game. The game looks too simplistic to be fun for a long time. Too accessible(good thing yet a bad thing at the same time) and made it too easy from the looks of it. Also they wont have taken any risks because they want to be as authentic as possible.

CPU: Intel 3570 GPUs: Nvidia GTX 660Ti Case: Fractal design Define R4  Storage: 1TB WD Caviar Black & 240GB Hyper X 3k SSD Sound: Custom One Pros Keyboard: Ducky Shine 4 Mouse: Logitech G500

it feels just like a battlefield 4 mod

Just like I expected. You know EA. They don't make games anymore, they edit games and release it for $60.

I'm just hoping that they release a beta aka demo for the game. The game looks too simplistic to be fun for a long time. Too accessible(good thing yet a bad thing at the same time) and made it too easy from the looks of it. Also they wont have taken any risks because they want to be as authentic as possible.

it is quite simple... you have, in the alpha, 2 sets of 3 sub weapons., that, apart from the jetpack- are next to useless, i found, and a pick of 5-6 guns, thats about it,. im assuming they will add more, but i dont remember any "class" as such, you just pick your weapons and gear then play. 

Specs 

CPU-Intel I7 4790K- @ 4.5Ghz / Mobo - Asus Maximus Hero VII / GPU - GTX 980 @ 1592MHz / RAM - 16Gb Corsair Vengeance Pro @ 2400Mhz / Cooler - Corsair H105 / SSD - Samsung 250gb 840 EVO / HDD - 2x 2tb Seagate/3x 3tb Seagate / PSU - Corsair RM1000 / Keyboard - Corsair K70 / Mouse - Corsair M65 / Case - Custom Glass panel Corsair Obsidian 750D -  Still saving for upgrades =)

Just like I expected. You know EA. They don't make games anymore, they edit games and release it for $60.

Yeah because every other studio doesn't edit older games and release it for a high price..nope

snip

What is wrong with the air combat? Is it hard to control or something? Also, is every single weapon accurate or do you think its just like that for the testing?

Yeah because every other studio doesn't edit older games and release it for a high price..nope

I never said EA was the only one...

What is wrong with the air combat? Is it hard to control or something? Also, is every single weapon accurate or do you think its just like that for the testing?

ok air combat, just feels,.. awkward, its the best way to put it, its hard to describe but as soon as you get into an x-wing or a speeder, you just rock everywhere, and because of the pop in textures and models and map,  its hard to see units on the ground, by the time you do, you've flown over or you crashed into an invisible rock., on the level i was on, the air craft were dropping like flies. so 90% of people were using ground combat, also, you collect "power ups" to get the vehicles rather then battlefield where they are on the map and you jump in, the ones on the map are just for show, and you have to collect little tokens to get an x-wing for instance then to call it you kneel down for 5-7 seconds and if your not killed you start in the x-wing already in the air.

as for weapons im not sure, I used the E-11 rifle ( seems to be the weapon of choice on the games iv played)  and its just like a slow machine gun, also after youve fired off some rounds there's a charge bar, once its full you cant fire but there is a quick cool down where you press R at the right time, and you can fire again, ( alot like gears of war's quick reload )  

Specs 

space battles. I WANT MY SPACE BATTLES

"I believe that if life gives you lemons, you should make lemonade... And try to find somebody whose life has given them vodka, and have a party."

-Ron White

space battles. I WANT MY SPACE BATTLES

probably  DLC at some point -_- 

Specs 

By "too accessible", do you mean too simple, as in not complex enough?

I'm telling the truth! I AM a 12 year old girl!

probably  DLC at some point -_-

Another $60........ or maybe an unsuppourted mod? I'll just play some more BF2............ Maybe some day.... there will be a star wars game not made by EA. Or Ubisoft. Or Activision. Can't be valve because this would technically be 3rd in the series..... Maybe Square Enix? They're pretty good.

"I believe that if life gives you lemons, you should make lemonade... And try to find somebody whose life has given them vodka, and have a party."

-Ron White

Another $60........ or maybe an unsuppourted mod? I'll just play some more BF2............ Maybe some day.... there will be a star wars game not made by EA. Or Ubisoft. Or Activision. Can't be valve because this would technically be 3rd in the series..... Maybe Square Enix? They're pretty good.

Didn't they say it was going to be a free dlc?cI vaguely remember reading that somewhere. I might be mistaken though.

EA? Free DLC? What are your sources?

-Ron White

Didn't they say it was going to be a free dlc?cI vaguely remember reading that somewhere. I might be mistaken though.

(oops)

-Ron White

(oops)

The first bit of DLC (battle of Jakkau or something :P ) is free

and if you pre-order then you get to play the dlc a week earlier than everyone else(facepalm)

My PC Specs: CPU: Core i5 4590 @ stock speeds, GPU: RX 480 8GB, RAM: 16GB DDR3 @1600mhz

Case: Zalman ZM-T4,Motherboard: GigaByte GA-H81M-S2H LGA 1150, HDD/SSD: 2TB Seagate Expansion drive, 1TB Samsung Portable HDD, 160gb Intel SSD, PSU: 550w corsair cxm

:lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol: 

I'm sure you aren't allowed to post screenshots because of NDA...

Anyways, I think it is really good. There is single player but it isn't the typical single player people are accustomed to. There is a sliver of story, but not like CoD, BF or Mass Effect. The game is mostly FPS online action, so I don't think many will consider it worth 60$ by itself and when I think about it, 30$ tops feels more accurate a price tag. However, the economy is rough, production takes a lot of money blah blah so the price tag is justified.

However it doesn't just feel like a mod, not like Hardline. And Alpha clearly states what we are playing and what we see is completely unfinished. They could very well decide to even put a good single player into the game, make matches 60 players total, add more elements etc etc.

As it stands though...the alpha is real good. There is room for improvement but definitely isn't bad and it is definitely fun. :)

|  The United Empire of Earth Wants You | The Stormborn (ongoing build; 90% done)  |  Skyrim Mods Recommendations  LTT Blue Forum Theme! | Learning Russian! Blog |
|"They got a war on drugs so the police can bother me.”Tupac Shakur  | "Half of writing history is hiding the truth"Captain Malcolm Reynolds | "Museums are racist."Michelle Obama | "Slap a word like "racist" or "nazi" on it and you'll have an army at your back."MSM Logic | "A new command I give you: love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another"Jesus Christ | "I love the Union and the Constitution, but I would rather leave the Union with the Constitution than remain in the Union without it."Jefferson Davis |

I'm sure you aren't allowed to post screenshots because of NDA...

If you go of what EA has said, no content about it what so ever is allowed, ie video, screenshots, writeups, anything about it. 

I'm hoping to get into the beta or something to try this game out, I do want it to be good.

But I don't want a reskinned BF4, I want it to feel more like a Star Wars game than a shooter with laser guns and occasionally light sabres.

It looks fun from some of the stuff I've seen, and it is only alpha so it can change a lot from now aswell.

CPU: 6700k GPU: Zotac RTX 2070 S RAM: 16GB 3200MHz  SSD: 2x1TB M.2  Case: DAN Case A4

If you go of what EA has said, no content about it what so ever is allowed, ie video, screenshots, writeups, anything about it. 

I'm hoping to get into the beta or something to try this game out, I do want it to be good.

But I don't want a reskinned BF4, I want it to feel more like a Star Wars game than a shooter with laser guns and occasionally light sabres.

It looks fun from some of the stuff I've seen, and it is only alpha so it can change a lot from now aswell.

Ah...well then...screw NDA somewhat. They claim there is an alpha forum but it doesn't even exist, so they can either make one that actually exists or shut up about writeups/texts.

It isn't exactly a reskin, but there are a lot of elements of BF4 in it. Mostly the engine and how the shooting and running etc is handled. The idea of the objectives, too, but beyond that not much else. Expecting it to not be similar in any way to BF is far off, unfortunately.

Isn't that all that matters? If it is fun, it is good. The problem is that if there is another Battlefront in the future it will follow the same path BF has and become something that could have been DLC or an expansion pack. :(

|  The United Empire of Earth Wants You | The Stormborn (ongoing build; 90% done)  |  Skyrim Mods Recommendations  LTT Blue Forum Theme! | Learning Russian! Blog |
|"They got a war on drugs so the police can bother me.”Tupac Shakur  | "Half of writing history is hiding the truth"Captain Malcolm Reynolds | "Museums are racist."Michelle Obama | "Slap a word like "racist" or "nazi" on it and you'll have an army at your back."MSM Logic | "A new command I give you: love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another"Jesus Christ | "I love the Union and the Constitution, but I would rather leave the Union with the Constitution than remain in the Union without it."Jefferson Davis |

Ah...well then...screw NDA somewhat. They claim there is an alpha forum but it doesn't even exist, so they can either make one that actually exists or shut up about writeups/texts.

It isn't exactly a reskin, but there are a lot of elements of BF4 in it. Mostly the engine and how the shooting and running etc is handled. The idea of the objectives, too, but beyond that not much else. Expecting it to not be similar in any way to BF is far off, unfortunately.

Isn't that all that matters? If it is fun, it is good. The problem is that if there is another Battlefront in the future it will follow the same path BF has and become something that could have been DLC or an expansion pack. :(

If it feels like a Star Wars game, then thats fine to me. 

Was just worried it would be like Hardline, where it feels the exact same, and that it could have very easily been just a mod/expansion for BF4.

I know that its going to feel similar in a lot of ways just because of the engine, but if the weapons all felt like BF weapons and not the laser weapons they are, that would be more a disappointment.

Guess what I'm trying to say is that I know that a lot of things will be the/feel the same just because its the same engine and same company, of course its going to be the same, but as long as the game is fun, fits in the world and contains enough content to warrant its price tag and being a standalone title, then I'll be happy with it.

I played a tonne of the first 2 Battlefronts, so I am very interested in this one aswell.

CPU: 6700k GPU: Zotac RTX 2070 S RAM: 16GB 3200MHz  SSD: 2x1TB M.2  Case: DAN Case A4

Just saying, screenshots of the game will not only remove you from beta but it also bans your origin account.

The game was fun for me especially the air combat. It got to the point that I was scoring 40+ kills wihout any deaths. The only annoying thing was the overheat of the guns during the times where I really needed it.

Corsair 760T White | Asus X99 Deluxe | Intel i7-5930k @ 4.4ghz | Corsair H110 | G.Skill Ripjawz 2400mhz | Gigabyte GTX 970 Windforce G1 Gaming (1584mhz/8000mhz) | Corsair AX 760w | Samsung 850 pro | WD Black 1TB | IceModz Sleeved Cables | IceModz RGB LED pack

If it feels like a Star Wars game, then thats fine to me. 

Was just worried it would be like Hardline, where it feels the exact same, and that it could have very easily been just a mod/expansion for BF4.

I know that its going to feel similar in a lot of ways just because of the engine, but if the weapons all felt like BF weapons and not the laser weapons they are, that would be more a disappointment.

Guess what I'm trying to say is that I know that a lot of things will be the/feel the same just because its the same engine and same company, of course its going to be the same, but as long as the game is fun, fits in the world and contains enough content to warrant its price tag and being a standalone title, then I'll be happy with it.

I played a tonne of the first 2 Battlefronts, so I am very interested in this one aswell.

They feel like I am using blasters, not BF guns. However a lot of the guns are designed too...what's the right way to say this..."modern". It doesn't look like Star Wars weapons. There's one long blaster that looks like a gun from BF with a different muzzle and that's all. But the smaller blasters look the part and feel the part.

I think you'll enjoy it. :)

Just saying, screenshots of the game will not only remove you from beta but it also bans your origin account.

The game was fun for me especially the air combat. It got to the point that I was scoring 40+ kills wihout any deaths. The only annoying thing was the overheat of the guns during the times where I really needed it.

I found the piloting to be difficult but then again I cannot fly any vehicle in any game so I can't it is bad or good. haha

And yea, I think they overheat too fast. There isn't even a difference in overheating between the weapons. They all act the same expect for damage and range. And the overheating cooldown takes too long and almost always seems to occur during the Raids to take down the AT-ATs. :(

I wasn't invited to the alpha :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( 

Case: NZXT Phantom PSU: EVGA G2 650w Motherboard: Asus Z97-Pro (Wifi-AC) CPU: 4690K @4.2ghz/1.2V Cooler: Noctua NH-D15 Ram: Kingston HyperX FURY 16GB 1866mhz GPU: Gigabyte G1 GTX970 Storage: (2x) WD Caviar Blue 1TB, Crucial MX100 256GB SSD, Samsung 840 SSD Wifi: TP Link WDN4800

Donkeys are love, Donkeys are life.                    "No answer means no problem!" - Luke 2015

The battlefield series decided to adopt the COD mentality, since then its not worth playing. I was hoping this was different.