IOS to Android switch, which phone?

matwoodson

Hi all!

So I am currently using an iPhone 6+ and don't mind the largeness at all, I actually find the iphone 6 a little small. But I am looking to switch to android soon because I am not a fan of the apple watch and I would like to get a smartwatch that actually has a proper display on it. Also I just want to try out android for a year, im on the Verizon edge program, so I get free upgrades every year. So what would people suggest? I would like at least a 5' display, other than that, there's not much else that I need from the phone. Just please no Samsung phones, I have not been happy with Samsung in the past.

Thanks!

Python/C# Programming

Code to learn, don't learn to code. -Napalm

I would say S6 as its considered the best phone at the moment... but you said no Samsung so perhaps wait for the LG G4?

Intel I9-9900k (5Ghz) Asus ROG Maximus XI Formula | Corsair Vengeance 16GB DDR4-4133mhz | ASUS ROG Strix 2080Ti | EVGA Supernova G2 1050w 80+Gold | Samsung 950 Pro M.2 (512GB) + (1TB) | Full EK custom water loop |IN-WIN S-Frame (No. 263/500)

Sony Xperia Z3/Z3+

Samsung is a joke *grabs popcorn*

This. Sony all the way. Their phones are superb. And the price is right.

Location: Kaunas, Lithuania, Europe, Earth, Solar System, Local Interstellar Cloud, Local Bubble, Gould Belt, Orion Arm, Milky Way, Milky Way subgroup, Local Group, Virgo Supercluster, Laniakea, Pisces–Cetus Supercluster Complex, Observable universe, Universe.

Spoiler

12700, B660M Mortar DDR4, 32GB 3200C16 Viper Steel, 2TB SN570, EVGA Supernova G6 850W, be quiet! 500FX, EVGA 3070Ti FTW3 Ultra.

Sony Xperia Z3/Z3+

Samsung is a joke *grabs popcorn*

Boy! You're right!

*grabs XL popcorn*

In the spirit of relevancy, I want either an LG G3 or G4.

• AMD Athlon X4 760K CPU   |   MSI FM2+ ATX A88X-G45 Motherboard   |   8GB 1600MHz RAM   |   MSI GTX 760 GPU (Reference)
  • Thermaltake Versa H22 Case   |   1TB Seagate, 0.5TB Hitachi (7200RPM)   |   ArcticRed+ 700WStock    |   Windows 8.1

nexus 6

LG G4

One M9

Z3+

Zenphone 2 64gb

Thats that. If you need to get in touch chances are you can find someone that knows me that can get in touch.

Depends on what you want tbh but seeing as you're not a stranger to spending lots for a phone...

If you don't mind Chinese brands, Xiaomi Mi Note Pro or the ZTE Nubia Z9, might be a bit hard to obtain atm though. They might be easier to get later on but at the same time they might not. Two of the better 810 phones tbh, they aren't sub par when it comes to performance compared to previous chips like other phones which generally offer pitiful scores and usually end up being beaten out by the 805. 

If you don't want a Chinese phone... Nexus 6, LG G Flex 2 or HTC One M9

huawei P8 MAX

Computer's don't make errors. What they do, they do on purpose.

nexus 6

LG G4

One M9

Z3+

Zenphone 2 64gb

non + z3 is just as good...

Location: Kaunas, Lithuania, Europe, Earth, Solar System, Local Interstellar Cloud, Local Bubble, Gould Belt, Orion Arm, Milky Way, Milky Way subgroup, Local Group, Virgo Supercluster, Laniakea, Pisces–Cetus Supercluster Complex, Observable universe, Universe.

Spoiler

12700, B660M Mortar DDR4, 32GB 3200C16 Viper Steel, 2TB SN570, EVGA Supernova G6 850W, be quiet! 500FX, EVGA 3070Ti FTW3 Ultra.

To be honest everything this year (2015 and Q4 2014) has been completely disappointing due to not only lollipop being riddled with memory leak issues and wakelock problems but also because of the fact that qualcomm rushed on an SoC that doesn't use their own architecture just so they can advertise "64-bit", which has bite them in the arse more than anything. So the 810 and 806 or whatever the LG G4 uses is pretty poor performing and suffers from overheating with OEMs throttling the crap out of it. If anything, get the S6, that has met so many expectations it's actually a great phone. Software maybe not so much but it's pretty damn good. I'd also wait and consider what Motorola is going to put out.

Hi all!

So I am currently using an iPhone 6+ and don't mind the largeness at all, I actually find the iphone 6 a little small. But I am looking to switch to android soon because I am not a fan of the apple watch and I would like to get a smartwatch that actually has a proper display on it. Also I just want to try out android for a year, im on the Verizon edge program, so I get free upgrades every year. So what would people suggest? I would like at least a 5' display, other than that, there's not much else that I need from the phone. Just please no Samsung phones, I have not been happy with Samsung in the past.

Thanks!

What about the Nexus 6?

"Sulit" (adj.) something that is worth it

i7 8700K 4.8Ghz delidded / Corsair H100i V2 / Asus Strix Z370-F / G.Skill Trident Z RGB 16GB 3200 / EVGA GTX 1080Ti FTW3 / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q

Samsung 850 EVO 500GB & 250GB - Crucial MX300 M.2 525GB / Fractal Design Define S / Corsair K70 MX Reds / Logitech G502 / Beyerdynamic DT770 250Ohm

SMSL SD793II AMP/DAC - Schiit Magni 3 / PCPP

Old Rig

i5 2500k 4.5Ghz | Gigabyte Z68XP-UD3P | Zotac GTX 980 AMP! Extreme | Crucial Ballistix Tactical 16GB 1866MHz

non + z3 is just as good...

810 vs 801 is a thing

Thats that. If you need to get in touch chances are you can find someone that knows me that can get in touch.

I applaud you for not going with Samsung.

Nexus 4 or 5. While aged it still performs superbly. I don't really like the 6th, it's priced way to high and I don't particularly like the design, though that's personal preference.

If you go new, look through the comments above:
LG's G or Flex series are great, with little to no bloatware.

The same goes for Motorola's Moto-series, which are very well build as well.
HTCs flagships are great too, if you don't mind Sense UI.
Personally I really want to try the Yotaphone 2 it seems great if you read a lot of books or want some innovation.

“I like being alone. I have control over my own shit. Therefore, in order to win me over, your presence has to feel better than my solitude. You're not competing with another person, you are competing with my comfort zones.”  - portfolio - twitter - instagram - youtube

nexus 6

Not the Nexus 6. Doesn't take advantage of the screen real estate, and is almost as bad as the iPhone 6+ in that regard. If you want big, go Note 4. Yeah, it's a Samsung phone, but it has got to be the best as far as massive phones go.

I don't do signatures.

810 vs 801 is a thing

if the 810 doesn't overheat then sure. but 801 is powerful enough and it's cheaper.

Spoiler

If you want the best, there's the Samsung Galaxy S6 and then there's the upcoing LG G4 which I am excited for. 

If you want the best budget smartphone, look at videos of the Asus Zenfone 2 64GB. That's a good one.

What about the Nexus 6?

I was actually thinking about getting the nexus 6. Yes I got a new account

If you want the best, there's the Samsung Galaxy S6 and then there's the upcoing LG G4 which I am excited for.

If you want the best budget smartphone, look at videos of the Asus Zenfone 2 64GB. That's a good one.

I'm heraring a lot good things about the G4 and S6, I might go for the G4, it depends on when my contract ends with the 6+, a better phone might come by then like the nexus 7 idk. Thanks all

Every phone would be a downgrade for you if you choose any phone other than the S6. 

810 vs 801 is a thing

The z3+ can't keep the 810 cool anyway. In fact, the Z3+  is one of, if not the worse performing phone with an 810. Given how bad it is, I wouldn't be surprised to see an 801 outperform an 810 in a Z3+ in the long run.