instead of companies working on 4k, 8k, 12k! why dont they work on displays without pixels?

saiftech

im sure in the future were gonna have tv or monitors without pixels so instead of companies focusing on 4k, 8k, 12k why not just eliminate pixels

What do you mean not having Pixels? You NEED pixels to get a display.

Intel I9-9900k (5Ghz) Asus ROG Maximus XI Formula | Corsair Vengeance 16GB DDR4-4133mhz | ASUS ROG Strix 2080Ti | EVGA Supernova G2 1050w 80+Gold | Samsung 950 Pro M.2 (512GB) + (1TB) | Full EK custom water loop |IN-WIN S-Frame (No. 263/500)

bruh, that's like saying why doesn't the universe just get rid of Atoms.

I'm a fucking AMD kawaii weeaboo desu I have seen the light

i5 6600k EVGA 980 FTW Z170A PC Mate 1TB WD Blue240GB SSD Plus NZXT S340 | EVGA 600b  | Dedotated 8GB

i guess ive youd use some kind of liquid, like a lavalamp and move it into place, then youd have a vector screen, but that seems stupid. pixels ftw!

i9 11900k - NH-D15S - ASUS Z-590-F - 64GB 2400Mhz - 1080ti SC - 970evo 1TB - 960evo 250GB - 850evo 250GB - WDblack 1TB - WDblue 3TB - HX850i - 27GN850-B - PB278Q - VX229 - HP P224 - HP P224 - HannsG HT231 - 450D                                                         

In fact analogue displays exists, but since your grafic calculation is done in the digital domain, your output is bound the finite smal dots. Therefor you won't gain some visual fidelity by showing them somehow analogue.

Mineral oil and 40 kg aluminium heat sinks are a perfect combination: 73 cores and a Titan X, Twenty Thousand Leagues Under the Oil

And replace them with what?

"My game vs my brains, who gets more fatal errors?" ~ Camper125Lv, GMC Jam #15

Why? Even if you didn't use pixels, you're still gonna have some specification for detail and clarity; there would still be the demand for higher resolution.

If you have any alternative ideas, please do tell :)

You can create displays without specifically defined pixels (i.e. CRTs, SEDs) but the equipment will still have a finite level of precision, and therefore a maximum resolution. The most you can do without defined pixels is create a display that can display any resolution below max natively. Also even if you can get rid of defined pixels in the output device, you still can't get rid of them in the input, as all images will still have to be stored digitally as a collection of sample points as all digital signals are. An image is essentially a measurement of color in 2 dimensions after all. The images themselves still have limited precision, limited by the number of sample points (pixels) in the image.

Pixels are just the most cost effective way to make displays right now. Will we eventually replace pixels with something else? Probably. Will it be outrageously expensive and lower quality than pixels for the first 3-5 years? Almost certainly.

I've built 3 PC's, but none for myself... In fact, I'm using an iMac that my dad bought for me as my desktop. Awkward...

Please don't say "SSD drive." By doing so, you are literally saying "Solid State Drive Drive" and causing my brain cells to commit suicide. The same applies to HDD (Hard Disk Drive) and PCIe (Peripheral Component Interconnect Express).

They already have these. They even have curved models, which are pretty common. Its a shame that they don't have a normal connector.

lightbulb.png

I've thought of this too, but we just don't have another way yet.

They already have these. They even have curved models, which are pretty common. Its a shame that they don't have a normal connector.

lightbulb.png

This is a single pixel display. Still have pixel(s) ;)

Mineral oil and 40 kg aluminium heat sinks are a perfect combination: 73 cores and a Titan X, Twenty Thousand Leagues Under the Oil

This is a single pixel display. Still have pixel(s) ;)

Nope, its a backlight. Unless the display is OLED, then there will be a full backlight, which doesn't have pixels.