Should I upgrade to Windows 10?

Hello Forum,

As you read, I want to upgrade to Windows 10 since I can change the save file location of Minecraft for my journey to the Far Lands. And I also want to see the new stuff and try out Office 16.

But some questions, where can I download the Office 16 preview and if I play Minecraft 1.7, will it still contain The Far Lands if I download it from the official launcher today?

Thanks! :)

Edit: When are the new episodes of Scrapyard Wars getting uploaded on YouTube?

CPU: i5 4690K @ Stock                GPU: Asus GTX 970 STRIX @ Stock      SSD: Samsung 850 EVO 120GB (OS and Drivers)     Headset: Audio-Technica M20X

Case: Corsair Obsidian 250D        RAM: Kingston HyperX 16GB LP             HDD: WD Caviar Black 2TB                                         Mouse: Logitech m185

OS: Windows 8.1 OEM                 PSU: Corsair RM650                                Motherboard: Gigabyte Z97N Mini ITX                         Keyboard: Corsair Gaming K65 RGB

CPU: i5 4690K @ Stock                GPU: Asus GTX 970 STRIX @ Stock      SSD: Samsung 850 EVO 120GB (OS and Drivers)     Headset: Audio-Technica M20X

Case: Corsair Obsidian 250D        RAM: Kingston HyperX 16GB LP             HDD: WD Caviar Black 2TB                                         Mouse: Logitech m185

OS: Windows 8.1 OEM                 PSU: Corsair RM650                                Motherboard: Gigabyte Z97N Mini ITX                         Keyboard: Corsair Gaming K65 RGB

SNIP

Sir I mentioned you because you do help me out a lot and I saw you online.

I guess I'll upgrade. I can always format and reinstall Windows 8.1, I purchased an OEM CD.

The Windows 10 Insider Preview is not meant to be used in production environments although I've been using it as a daily driver pretty much since Build 99xx. 

You might encounter some issues, e.g. certain games flatout not working (I'm looking at you, Warhammer 40k Space Marine :()

Honestly, the release of it is less than 2 months away (Rumored to be released End of July) and the future preview builds will pretty much only be polishing and fixing bugs up until they're happy enough with it to make a RTM build.

My advise would be to wait until it's officially out, then upgrade via Windows Update.

OS: Microsoft Windows 10 Pro Insider Preview Build 14257                   GPU: Gigabyte G1 Gaming R9 380 4GB

CPU: Intel Core i5-2500 @ 4x 3.7 GHz                                                          Storage: 128GB SanDisk Extreme II

RAM: 16GB Kingston DDR3-1333                                                                  Peripherals: Logitech G910 Orion Spark RGB, Razer DeathAdder Black Ed., XBOX 360 Gamepad

I'm using 8.1 just so I can upgrade.

Born too early to explore the galaxy, born too late to explore the seas, born just in time to make memes.

Wait till the official consumer version is released, a beta environment isn't stable so things can go wrong.