980 ti Specs, Performance, and Pictures Leaked (Updated)

i havent watched all of tech talk but if its the gpu he held up about an hour 20 in then thats a titan ....you can even see the titan on the end

He held a card up that was the metallic silver color and he said something like "More on that later" and "I've already said too much".

He held a card up that was the metallic silver color and he said something like "More on that later" and "I've already said too much".

I just posted pictures of the 980ti, I didn't watch the tech talk yet so idk if what he showed was actually the 980ti. Compare it to the picture and see if he actually did tease it because that would be awesome

those pictures are hilariously fake. the letters are always embossed in the metal. The pictures show a decal that anyone could have printed out

Case: Phanteks Evolve X with ITX mount  cpu: Ryzen 3900X 4.35ghz all cores Motherboard: MSI X570 Unify gpu: EVGA 1070 SC  psu: Phanteks revolt x 1200W Memory: 64GB Kingston Hyper X oc'd to 3600mhz ssd: Sabrent Rocket 4.0 1TB ITX System CPU: 4670k  Motherboard: some cheap asus h87 Ram: 16gb corsair vengeance 1600mhz

Isn't this what we were all expecting? Why are you surprised? A card that fits inbetween the 980 and Titan X.

If you look at the benchmark chart you can see that the 980ti OC is about 10% faster than the Titan X. Nvidia wouldn't let that happen because that would absolutely kill their Titan X sales.

I call these benchmark results BS 

If you look at the benchmark chart you can see that the 980ti OC is about 10% faster than the Titan X. Nvidia wouldn't let that happen because that would absolutely kill their Titan X sales.

The Titan X wasn't overclocked at all so I'm not sure how that automatically means the benchmarks are bs. You can overclock a 970 to be faster than a 980 at stock, so why wouldn't it be possible to do the same with the 980ti?

those pictures are hilariously fake. the letters are always embossed in the metal. The pictures show a decal that anyone could have printed out

They appear to be engraved to me. If you're talking about the black pieces inside the lettering, that's exactly what NVIDIA uses for their other cards.

If you look at the close up picture you can see that it is embossed in the metal. You can see the ridge where the letters are embossed into the card

The Titan x in the chart isn't overclocked. The stock ti is slower, therefore the Titan x will most likely still be faster when overclocked as well.

Stuff:  i7 7700k @ (dat nibba succ) | ASRock Z170M OC Formula | G.Skill TridentZ 3600 c16 | EKWB 1080 @ 2100 mhz  |  Acer X34 Predator | R4 | EVGA 1000 P2 | 1080mm Radiator Custom Loop | HD800 + Audio-GD NFB-11 | 850 Evo 1TB | 840 Pro 256GB | 3TB WD Blue | 2TB Barracuda

Hwbot: http://hwbot.org/user/lays/ 

FireStrike 980 ti @ 1800 Mhz http://hwbot.org/submission/3183338 http://www.3dmark.com/3dm/11574089

The Titan X wasn't overclocked at all so I'm not sure how that automatically means the benchmarks are bs. You can overclock a 970 to be faster than a 980 at stock, so why wouldn't it be possible to do the same with the 980ti?

Yeah I wouldn't be surprised if it can match it or such. But not gain somewhere along the lines of a 20% boost from OC, especially before it's even released and drivers are likely to be poorly optimised.

I did the math a moment ago.it's showing almost 16% faster then the titan.and 18% overall boost just from the OC. This is looking at Firestrike performance. 

Dunno, we'll see what happens when it's released but as I've mentioned, I doubt Nvidia would kill their titan sales like this.

Part of me is hoping this leak is fake due to the fact that AMD is only on par with a stock 980 and just beats out a heavily overclocked 970. But the other part of me is excited at the performance numbers for the 980 ti. I'm so conflicted right now, Nvidia y u do dis?

Those are rebranded 290/290X since they are Hawaii, the new gpu with HBM is fiji. Not bad for almost 2 year old gpus.

And yet no fucking back plate. I find it hard to believe you really had to save an extra 5 or 10 bucks on a card that is likely 700 fucking bucks.

-------

Current Rig

-------

With the pictures it seems pretty much confirmed now.
This gives me hope that we'll see Pascal already early next year as I can't see any other reason for Nvidia to skip an entire series.

RTX2070OC 

They appear to be engraved to me. If you're talking about the black pieces inside the lettering, that's exactly what NVIDIA uses for their other cards.

you're right, it looked like a sticker or something at first. 

Case: Phanteks Evolve X with ITX mount  cpu: Ryzen 3900X 4.35ghz all cores Motherboard: MSI X570 Unify gpu: EVGA 1070 SC  psu: Phanteks revolt x 1200W Memory: 64GB Kingston Hyper X oc'd to 3600mhz ssd: Sabrent Rocket 4.0 1TB ITX System CPU: 4670k  Motherboard: some cheap asus h87 Ram: 16gb corsair vengeance 1600mhz

Embossing is raised letters, this is engraving :)

Whoops, I'm embarrassed to say that I thought they were the opposite

Welp, looks like I'll be selling my 980. I was hoping Nvidia would release a Titan-esque GM200 card that isn't $1000. $700-800 for this card is what I'm hoping for. Will allow me to upgrade my montor without dealing with SLI issues.

CPU: Intel Core i7 7820X Cooling: Corsair Hydro Series H110i GTX Mobo: MSI X299 Gaming Pro Carbon AC RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 (3000MHz/16GB 2x8) SSD: 2x Samsung 850 Evo (250/250GB) + Samsung 850 Pro (512GB) GPU: NVidia GeForce GTX 1080 Ti FE (W/ EVGA Hybrid Kit) Case: Corsair Graphite Series 760T (Black) PSU: SeaSonic Platinum Series (860W) Monitor: Acer Predator XB241YU (165Hz / G-Sync) Fan Controller: NZXT Sentry Mix 2 Case Fans: Intake - 2x Noctua NF-A14 iPPC-3000 PWM / Radiator - 2x Noctua NF-A14 iPPC-3000 PWM / Rear Exhaust - 1x Noctua NF-F12 iPPC-3000 PWM

2816 cuda cores, I was exactly right! 

So 22/24 smm clusters enabled then right?

CPU: i7 6700k @ 4.6ghz | CASE: Corsair 780T White Edition | MB: Asus Z170 Deluxe | CPU Cooling: EK Predator 360 | GPU: NVIDIA Titan X Pascal w/ EKWB nickel waterblock | PSU: EVGA 850w P2 | RAM: 16GB DDR4 Corsair Domintator Platinum 2800mhz | Storage: Samsung 850 EVO 500GB | OS: Win 10 Pro x64 | Monitor: Acer Predator X34/HTC VIVE Keyboard: CM Storm Trigger-Z | Mouse: Razer Taipan | Sound: Audio Technica ATH-M50x / Klipsch Promedia 2.1 Sound System 

Oh my god I can't for these come out! Finally I can replace my 980s! I really hope EVGA will have their hybrid cooled version at launch :D

CPU: i7 6700k @ 4.6ghz | CASE: Corsair 780T White Edition | MB: Asus Z170 Deluxe | CPU Cooling: EK Predator 360 | GPU: NVIDIA Titan X Pascal w/ EKWB nickel waterblock | PSU: EVGA 850w P2 | RAM: 16GB DDR4 Corsair Domintator Platinum 2800mhz | Storage: Samsung 850 EVO 500GB | OS: Win 10 Pro x64 | Monitor: Acer Predator X34/HTC VIVE Keyboard: CM Storm Trigger-Z | Mouse: Razer Taipan | Sound: Audio Technica ATH-M50x / Klipsch Promedia 2.1 Sound System 

So 22/24 smm clusters enabled then right?

I wonder if this is Nvidia trying to guess at the performance of Fiji XT, or if they are trying not to devalue the Titan X, or if they are making a slightly lesser GM200 card to compete with Fiji Pro. 

We shall know soon enough, but interesting decision by Nvidia this time around.

R9 3900XT | Tomahawk B550 | Ventus OC RTX 3090 | Photon 1050W | 32GB DDR4 | TUF GT501 Case | Vizio 4K 50'' HDR

I cannot wait to see @TheSLSAMG chug that bottle of hot sauce :lol:

All over it.  Or maybe a pair if my rig could handle the heat.

ExMachina (2016-Present) i7-6700k/GTX970/32GB RAM/250GB SSD

Picard II (2015-Present) Surface Pro 4 i5-6300U/8GB RAM/256GB SSD

LlamaBox (2014-Present) i7-4790k/GTX 980Ti/16GB RAM/500GB SSD/Asus ROG Swift

Kronos (2009-2014) i7-920/GTX680/12GB RAM/120GB SSD

Welp, looks like I'll be selling my 980. I was hoping Nvidia would release a Titan-esque GM200 card that isn't $1000. $700-800 for this card is what I'm hoping for. Will allow me to upgrade my montor without dealing with SLI issues.

The estimated price for the card is around $650-$750 which is pretty much around the 780ti's launch price of $700

I cannot wait to see @TheSLSAMG chug that bottle of hot sauce :lol:

I demand to know who this man is and why he is going to chug a bottle of hot sauce!

2816 cuda cores, I was exactly right! 

First you predicted the Fiji XT being a Titanish AMD version

Now this

Pls, predict more thingz...

Lets all ripperoni in pepperoni