Witcher 3 Reviews Go Live A Week Before Release

carolkarine

http://us.reddit.com/r/witcher/comments/35pdzm/official_review_thread/

I know the link is to reddit, but it is a composite list of all the reviews so far. note that it's on the witcher subreddit, so the comments are all going to be in favor of the game, but to be fair the game has received nothing but glowing reviews (The current metacritic score from critics is a 92 - matching bloodbourne for highest score of this console generation that isn't a re-release)

Personally I'm happy that CDPR have been clearly so confident in their game that they're opening reviews up THIS early. reviewers got the game almost two weeks ago, and Van Ord at gamespot (which gave the game a 10/10, the third perfect score from gamespot in over four years the last two being bayonetta 2 and Mario Galaxy 2) said he has put in about 100 hours into reviewing the game.

I'm one of those people that's hyped to hell for this game, so seeing these reviews to me is just some level of justification for my excitement.

Daily Driver:

Case: Red Prodigy CPU: i5 3570K @ 4.3 GHZ GPU: Powercolor PCS+ 290x @1100 mhz MOBO: Asus P8Z77-I CPU Cooler: NZXT x40 RAM: 8GB 2133mhz AMD Gamer series Storage: A 1TB WD Blue, a 500GB WD Blue, a Samsung 840 EVO 250GB

*note to self: finish Witcher 2 ASAP*

Current Rig: i5 3570K @ 4.2 GHz, Corsair H100i, Asus Maximus V Gene, Asus GTX 970 Turbo, Patriot Viper Black Mamba 8 GB DDR-3 1600 (2x4GB), Sandisk 120 GB SSD + Seagate 500 GB HDD + WD Blue 1 TB HDD, XFX 750W Black Edition, Corsair 350D - https://ca.pcpartpicker.com/b/cbxrxr

I see a few 10/10 reviews...

1248743195230491310z4ul8.gif

This is LTT. One cannot force "style over substance" values & agenda on people that actually aren't afraid to pop the lid off their electronic devices, which happens to be the most common denominator of this community. Rather than take shots at this community in every post, why not seek out like-minded individuals elsewhere?

I'm linking to a list of reviews themselves, that was more of just an announcement that they would be coming  soon.

I already finished it.. I just need to finish it once more.. Iorweth path :)

I did only Roches so far.

I like roche a whole lot more than iorveth, but to be honest iorveth's path is more fun.

Daily Driver:

Case: Red Prodigy CPU: i5 3570K @ 4.3 GHZ GPU: Powercolor PCS+ 290x @1100 mhz MOBO: Asus P8Z77-I CPU Cooler: NZXT x40 RAM: 8GB 2133mhz AMD Gamer series Storage: A 1TB WD Blue, a 500GB WD Blue, a Samsung 840 EVO 250GB

*note to self: finish Witcher 2 ASAP*

how much do you have left?

Daily Driver:

There it is, definitely one of the best RPGs of all times. Finished the first and the second game, both several times and I can clearly say, both are RPGs, that everyone should have played.

I'm linking to a list of reviews themselves, that was more of just an announcement that they would be coming  soon.

Right, my bad.

I like roche a whole lot more than iorveth, but to be honest iorveth's path is more fun.

I also liked Roche but Iorweth is more cool. Both seem like an assholes though.

I was trying to be neutral when playing Roches path but now when I play Iorweths patch I am playing it like a Witcher scumbag. I wonder what ending I will get :D

you know a games good when the devs are open about it before release

you know a games good when the devs are open about it before release

I watched 3 video reviews and it looks like there are FPS problems on PS4. They mentioned it in every review I watched. Frames dips bellow 30FPS very often. CD Project says they will resolve it by Day1 patch.

I already finished it.. I just need to finish it once more.. Iorweth path :)

I did only Roches so far.

I have to do reverse of this.  :)

Finally got PS4 Pro

First i got to finish iorveths path, then il play witcher 1(which was 1,19 or something like that a couple days ago), and then roach. Maybe ill buy 3 afterwards

Intel 3570k 3,4@4,5 1,12v Scythe Mugen 3 gigabyte 770     MSi z77a GD55    corsair vengeance 8 gb  corsair CX600M Bitfenix Outlaw 4 casefans

First i got to finish iorveths path, then il play witcher 1(which was 1,19 or something like that a couple days ago), and then roach. Maybe ill buy 3 afterwards

just warning ya, witcher 1 is painful to play if you're not invested in the story.

Daily Driver:

just warning ya, witcher 1 is painful to play if you're not invested in the story.

witcher 1 combat is pretty terrible, some mmo's have better combat

I am not interested in any of those "reviews" from the typical bunch of bought motherfuckers calling themselves the gaming press. Let's wait out for streamers and youtubers to take on it.

-------

Current Rig

-------

I am not interested in any of those "reviews" from the typical bunch of bought motherfuckers calling themselves the gaming press. Let's wait out for streamers and youtubers to take on it.

Jessie Cox as incredibly enthusiastic about it, although it was only initial impressions due to him only completing 10 or so hours at the CDPR event.

Daily Driver:

It's not that bad. The weakest part is the first chapter.

4K // R5 3600 // RTX2080Ti

Jessie Cox as incredibly enthusiastic about it, although it was only initial impressions due to him only completing 10 or so hours at the CDPR event.

Yes but it wasn't a review yet. But that's the kind of persons I want to hear point btw.

-------

Current Rig

-------

I'm of the same mind. I'm not trusting any reviews written by diehard fans of the series. Plus, the game will probably be 25 dollars in a couple months.

The Witcher 3 needs to have a lot more polish (no pun intended) than 1 and 2, now that CDPR are more experienced and seasoned. The clunky feel of 1 and 2 needs to be gone, and the combat could use a tweak here and there compared to 2, especially the UI.

R9 3900XT | Tomahawk B550 | Ventus OC RTX 3090 | Photon 1050W | 32GB DDR4 | TUF GT501 Case | Vizio 4K 50'' HDR

GOG has Witcher 1 and 2 super cheap

It's not that bad. The weakest part is the first chapter.

I've played it twice (I needed the two different saves so I could have save I wanted for Witcher 2) and to be honest, it doesn't get much better. chapter 2 was pretty poor, chapter 4 was all right in the sense that the story was best there.

Daily Driver:

Now if only they let the game go live on steam a few days early

CPU -AMD R5 2600X @ 4.15 GHz / RAM - 2x8Gb GSkill Ripjaws 3000 MHz/ MB- Asus Crosshair VII Hero X470/  GPU- MSI Gaming X GTX 1080/ CPU Cooler - Be Quiet! Dark Rock 3/ PSU - Seasonic G-series 550W/ Case - NZXT H440 (Black/Red)/ SSD - Crucial MX300 500GB/ Storage - WD Caviar Blue 1TB/ Keyboard - Corsair Vengeance K70 w/ Red switches/ Mouse - Logitech g900/ Display - 27" Benq GW2765 1440p display/ Audio - Sennheiser HD 558 and Logitech z323 speakers

Now if only they let the game go live on steam a few days early

they won't. people who pre-ordered the physical version (as well as all physical retailers) would crucify them. (trust me, I want it too) but this game isn't a digital-only release, so in order to be fair they've got to release it may 19th.

Daily Driver:

GOG has Witcher 1 and 2 super cheap

I got witcher 2 for half the gog price last week on steam

Intel 3570k 3,4@4,5 1,12v Scythe Mugen 3 gigabyte 770     MSi z77a GD55    corsair vengeance 8 gb  corsair CX600M Bitfenix Outlaw 4 casefans