Witcher III embargo lifted week before launch

lament

CEO of CD Projekt RED, Adam Kiciński tells PAP (Polish Press Agency) that embargo for their flagship game reviews will be lifted week before launch. Recently Witcher III hit the gold status - copies of game are produced and distributed.

He told that in short statement aimed mainly at stockholders. No English website so far.

PCLab.pl (tech site, Google Translate)

https://translate.googleusercontent.com/translate_c?act=url&depth=1&hl=pl&ie=UTF8&prev=_t&rurl=translate.google.pl&sl=pl&tl=en&u=http://pclab.pl/news63431.html&usg=ALkJrhiE7wWRsnByOhGli1_FBgzxERWfOQ

PAP (official article about statement, Google Translate)

https://translate.google.pl/translate?sl=pl&tl=en&js=y&prev=_t&hl=pl&ie=UTF-8&u=http%3A%2F%2Fbiznes.pap.pl%2Fpl%2Fnews%2Fpap%2Finfo%2F1278969%2Ccd-projekt-w-polowie-roku-rozpocznie-prace-nad-aktualizacja-strategii&edit-text=&act=url

Great news, although some people are afraid that those reviews will not be objective. I think they are just confident, like publishers of Cities: Skylines.

Atleast they are confident in their product.

I've had collectors edition on pre-order for a year now. If there is any company I trust, it's CD Project RED.

They had a lot of youtubers like Angry Joe and Gopher come out to their headquarters and check out the game.  All those videos are hitting youtube today and look really interesting.

Dis track?  Jesus christ why'd we even fight a war?  - Ron Cadillac

Now this is fucking confidence in your product.

giphy.gif

Fucking finally someone having confidence in their product.

ﷲ   Muslim Member  ﷲ

KennyS and ScreaM are my role models in CSGO.

CPU: i3-4130 Motherboard: Gigabyte H81M-S2PH RAM: 8GB Kingston hyperx fury HDD: WD caviar black 1TB GPU: MSI 750TI twin frozr II Case: Aerocool Xpredator X3 PSU: Corsair RM650

And this is why I am comfortable preordering games like this. Same with NBA 2k and MLB the show. When developers are very open about what their product is and how much heart and soul they put into them I want to support it anyway I can. Especially if it means I can play right at midnight. 

Atleast they are confident in their product.

I've had collectors edition on pre-order for a year now. If there is any company I trust, it's CD Project RED.

CDPROJEKTRED is the Savior that people used to think was Gaben.

I run my browser through NSA ports to make their illegal jobs easier. :P
If it's not broken, take it apart and fix it.
http://pcpartpicker.com/b/fGM8TW

This is confidence in their product. ACU was Ubisoft knowing that the game was fucked up, and embargoing the reviewers so they'd get more sales.

"We also blind small animals with cosmetics.
We do not sell cosmetics. We just blind animals."

"Please don't mistake us for Equifax. Those fuckers are evil"

This PSA brought to you by Equifacks.
PMSL

Not like I give a damn about online publication review scores, but this is a new trend.

Lift pre-release review embargo: Game is a 8+/10

Enforce pre-release review embargo: Dumpster-bin game.

Evidence of theory: Ubisoft.

Nice, I will look at the reviews to see what I'm getting. I always take these reviews with a grain of salt because I always find the games I place more enjoyable then what reviewers give it credit for.

I don't know if I should be happy because this game will heavily interfere in my studies routine  :huh:

PC: 5600x @ 4.85GHz // RTX 3080 Eagle OC // 16GB Trident Z Neo  // Corsair RM750X // MSI B550M Mortar Wi-Fi // Noctua NH-D15S // Cooler Master NR400 // Samsung 50QN90A // Logitech G305 // Corsair K65 // Corsair Virtuoso //

Nice. It's kind of stupid that embargo can last up to exact time of realease.

| Ryzen 7 7800X3D | AM5 B650 Aorus Elite AX | G.Skill Trident Z5 Neo RGB DDR5 32GB 6000MHz C30 | Sapphire PULSE Radeon RX 7900 XTX | Samsung 990 PRO 1TB with heatsink | Arctic Liquid Freezer II 360 | Seasonic Focus GX-850 | Lian Li Lanccool III | Mousepad: Skypad 3.0 XL / Zowie GTF-X | Mouse: Zowie S1-C | Keyboard: Ducky One 3 TKL (Cherry MX-Speed-Silver)Beyerdynamic MMX 300 (2nd Gen) | Acer XV272U | OS: Windows 11 |

I don't know if I should be happy because this game will heavily interfere in my studies routine  :huh:

comes out day after my last exam :D then have 4 weeks left on the accommodation. 

• 2 weeks later...

CDPROJEKTRED is the Savior that people used to think was Gaben.

Ehhh

I'd say just let that PCMR mentality die off already, especially if you're not even in the subreddit. If CDPR does something good and reviewers give it the "go ahead", buy their stuff. If not, don't buy their stuff.