Apple Has Just Lost 300M Customers

EChondo

http://bgr.com/2013/07/16/apple-carrier-relations-analysis/

MTS, Russia’s largest mobile operator, made a splash last week by announcing it will stop offering iPhones due to the high subsidies and marketing support demanded by Apple. Now both Vimpelcom and Megafon have followed suit and dropped the iPhone after their five-year contracts recently expired.

Well, as the old saying goes, don't bite the hand that feeds you!

http://bgr.com/2013/07/16/apple-carrier-relations-analysis/

Well, as the old saying goes, don't bite the hand that feeds you!

I so much agree with you on that.

My Sig Rig: "X79 (3970X) -Midas"http://pcpartpicker.com/p/wsjGt6"  "Midas" Build Log - https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/59768-build-log-in-progress-code-name-midas/

"The Riddler" Custom Watercooled H440 Build Log ( in collaboration with my wife @ _TechPuppet_ ) - http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/149652-green-h440-special-edition-the-riddler-almost-there/

*Riptide Customs* " We sleeve PSU cables "

I so much agree with you on that.

+1   :)

Spoiler

-

CPU:Ryzen 9 5900X GPU: Asus GTX 1080ti Strix MB: Asus Crosshair Viii Hero RAM: G.Skill Trident Neo CPU Cooler: Corsair H110

and watch the apple stocks plunge again

<p>Wires Suck :angry:
!fY0|_|(4|\|R34[)7#!5PMM37#3(0[)3:1337 70833|\|73R3[)!|\|49!\/34\|/4Y 4|\|[)93741!f3

Part of me wants to say : Yay , the other half of me is afraid that due to this samsung , htc and other big android device manaufacturers will charge way more for their devices . we'll see how this goes..

Interested in Business and Technology

I think that source is not credible and Apple's stock is still rising 

http://www.google.ca/finance?client=safari&rls=en&q=apple&oe=UTF-8&redir_esc=&um=1&ie=UTF-8&sa=N&tab=we

Losing customers does not equal an immediate drop in stock. All the people in Russia that want a iPhone, will get a iPhone no matter what and I bet most of the people who do want a iPhone, already have one.

They will see a drop in sales when the new iPhone comes out, or maybe the next one after that since I do not know for sure how Russia's carriers work, I would assume it is the same upgrade cycle(2 year contract), but Apple won't see a problem until much later one.

Part of me wants to say : Yay , the other half of me is afraid that due to this samsung , htc and other big android device manaufacturers will charge way more for their devices . we'll see how this goes..

Maybe, If they do go up I would imagine it would be by much because nokia is still fighting for sales and some of the smaller brands out their like LG, hawai etc will still offer competition.

Grammar and spelling is not indicative of intelligence/knowledge.  Not having the same opinion does not always mean lack of understanding.  

Going by the numbers in that article, Apple would have only sold about 1 million iPhones in Russia in 2012, thats not really that many customers to them.

Also the 300 million number is misleading as that is the total number of subscribers those companies have combined in all the countries they are in, not just in Russia whose population is only around 140 million.

300 million is quite a bit. I don't know how may customers Apple has but it could only be around 2 billion at the most I would say so 300 million is quite a big chunk.

(\__/)

(='.'=)

(")_(")  GTX 1070 5820K 500GB Samsung EVO SSD 1TB WD Green 16GB of RAM Corsair 540 Air Black EVGA Supernova 750W Gold  Logitech G502 Fiio E10 Wharfedale Diamond 220 Yamaha A-S501 Lian Li Fan Controller NHD-15 KBTalking Keyboard

Up until August tenth 2012 apple had sold 85 Million iphones in the US alone.  SO I think the Russian sales figures might be closer to the 1 Million that jrfox87 said than the 300 insinuated in the news article.

Grammar and spelling is not indicative of intelligence/knowledge.  Not having the same opinion does not always mean lack of understanding.  

too bad steve jobs isn't here anymore. for them. i only had 1 apple product. bought before i got knowledgeable.

| i5 3570 | Palit GTX 680 jetsream | Gigabyte Z77x-ud3h | Corsair Vengeance 2x4 1600mhz | WD Caviar Black  1TB | Corsair TX 650m | Coolemaster Hyper212 X | NZXT Pantom 410 | Asus VS239 | Logitech G400s |

Click here to learn how to troll

Going by the numbers in that article, Apple would have only sold about 1 million iPhones in Russia in 2012, thats not really that many customers to them.

Also the 300 million number is misleading as that is the total number of subscribers those companies have combined in all the countries they are in, not just in Russia whose population is only around 140 million.

Up until August tenth 2012 apple had sold 85 Million iphones in the US alone.  SO I think the Russian sales figures might be closer to the 1 Million that jrfox87 said than the 300 insinuated in the news article.

These Russian carriers also cater to other countries like Pakistan. It's a combined figure(like jrfox87 has said).

Apple customers are not greatly swayed by the technical specs of Apple products. Apple products are a status symbol or lifestyle statement. "Ooooo look its got an Apple logo must have must have....." Steve Jobs catered to the bright shiny object crowd.

The cake is a lie!!! -- but the muffins are genuine.

While I do not use apple products I will admit that they make very functional cult products. However, I am so happy that Apple is finally receiving backlash for their ridiculous market strategies.