Overpriced last gen tech

linuxfan66

I was looking around for a budget constricted person i knew, and noticed something which disturbed me alot. you can still buy new 750 ti and they are sold like 960 replacements. Last time i checked they should be nowhere near new machines. Second, 780 tis were going for more 970s when they were last gen tech and quite frankly should be half that of a 970.

Why and how are last gen dead ends being sold at new gen prices.

Everything you need to know about AMD cpus in one simple post.  Christian Member 

Wii u, ps3(2 usb fat),ps4

Iphone 6 64gb and surface RT

Hp DL380 G5 with one E5345 and bunch of hot swappable hdds in raid 5 from when i got it. intend to run xen server on it

Apple Power Macintosh G5 2.0 DP (PCI-X) with notebook hdd i had lying around 4GB of ram

TOSHIBA Satellite P850 with Core i7-3610QM,8gb of ram,default 750hdd has dual screens via a external display as main and laptop display as second running windows 10

MacBookPro11,3:I7-4870HQ, 512gb ssd,16gb of memory

Because of low stock. Not being produced anymore.

Intel Core i7-5820K (4.4 GHz) | Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 Gaming | Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB  | 2x 360mm Custom Loop (Noctua iPPC) | ASRock X99 Extreme6 | Samsung 840 EVO 250GB | Fractal Design Define S | Corsair HX750 | Windows 10 | Corsair M65 RGB PRO | Corsair K70 RGB LUX (CherryMX Brown) | Beyerdynamic Custom One Pro & Creative Sound Blaster Z | Nexus 6P (32GB Aluminium) | Check out my setup: Project Kalte Here!

Who is paying for  last gen tech at ludicrious prices if supply and demand is active?

Everything you need to know about AMD cpus in one simple post.  Christian Member 

Wii u, ps3(2 usb fat),ps4

Iphone 6 64gb and surface RT

Hp DL380 G5 with one E5345 and bunch of hot swappable hdds in raid 5 from when i got it. intend to run xen server on it

Apple Power Macintosh G5 2.0 DP (PCI-X) with notebook hdd i had lying around 4GB of ram

TOSHIBA Satellite P850 with Core i7-3610QM,8gb of ram,default 750hdd has dual screens via a external display as main and laptop display as second running windows 10

MacBookPro11,3:I7-4870HQ, 512gb ssd,16gb of memory

I was looking around for a budget constricted person i knew, and noticed something which disturbed me alot. you can still buy new 750 ti and they are sold like 960 replacements. Last time i checked they should be nowhere near new machines. Second, 780 tis were going for more 970s when they were last gen tech and quite frankly should be half that of a 970.

Why and how are last gen dead ends being sold at new gen prices.

The 750 Ti isn't really "last gen" until there is a GTX 900 replacement. The 750's use a Maxwell GPU, they are still current. Unreasonably priced next to AMD's competition, but current.

Most of this hardware does not see major price cuts solely on the basis of age. They may have dropped lower for a few weeks just to clear out old stock after the 970/980 launch, but then low supply caught up with them. Additionally, many of those still being sold are probably by third-party sellers (rather than directly by Newegg or Amazon or whoever), and they are able to sell for however much they want. Usually a lot.

its just the way the computer industry works. if they kept selling off older tech for massively lower prices, then the 780ti would be way better price to performance than a 970, the card positioned in the nvidia line up for price to performance in the high end. besides by pricing them higher it keeps some older tech around for rma's as well, which i'm sure factors into it. why replace a 760 with a 960 if you can use an unsold 760

My rig:
CPU: i5 4690k 24/7 @4.4ghz (1.165v) Max 4.7ghz (1.325v) COOLER: NZXT Kraken X61 MOBO: Asus Z97-A   RAM: 16GB Crucial Ballistix Tactical   GPU: EVGA GTX 970 SSC   PSU: EVGA GS 650W   CASE: NZXT Phantom 530 HDD: WD Caviar Blue 1TB + WD Black 2TB

If 780ti would be half the price of 970 then why should we buy any other card beside 980 and TitanX?

780 ti still should be at that price imo.

i5 2400 | ASUS RTX 4090 TUF OC | Seasonic 1200W Prime Gold | WD Green 120gb | WD Blue 1tb | some ram | a random case