Corsair 250d, i5 4690k, GTX 750ti, H55, Linux

KingWilliam

So I came to this forum asking advice for my first build, time to come back to show what I ended up with!

So this is what I have put in there:

post-223033-0-57954800-1430159939.jpg

After putting it all together here is the end result:

First of all, I am not too proud of how I ran my cables, but it does the job and I don't feel like fiddling too much with it anymore.

post-223033-0-24607100-1430159943.jpg

Note that I tried installing the radiator and fan next to the fan which was already in the case, but it was physically not possible. Also lost a lot of time trying to put the radiator on top of the fan instead of the other way around. Also that is not possible without making any damage, I tried! :P

In case anybody would ever wonder, a 750ti fits easily into this case:

post-223033-0-81769200-1430159941.jpg

Just when I was completely done I realized I did not plug in the antennas. These little things are the worst thing ever! Connecting those tiny connectors with adult hands is just not meant to be done. Certainly after putting in all components, but I got only myself to blame for that. Those connectors are so small you can hardly see them on the image...

post-223033-0-21494600-1430159938.jpg

With the lid on top the following remains visible through the window. Damn that power cable for the nvidia card, messing up my view! 

post-223033-0-62836900-1430159944.jpg

And last but not least. The reason I gave in to the mini-ITX board. The corsair 250d is great to put on top of my desk. No dust catcher under my desk for me. 

post-223033-0-47252300-1430159940.jpg

It looks (and is) a bit cramped now on that desk, but I am buying a bigger (nicer) one next weekend so it will be perfectly fine.

To conclude, I never use windows. This thing makes for one mean linux machine. It is incredibly fast and feels like it will do exactly what I need it to do and more. I do play some casual games but this thing is mainly for working, as I am a software developer. Since for proper gaming I use my PS4 (please do not go all PC mustard race on me :P) I am very happy with the 750ti.

Why make a beautiful gaming system then put Linux on it? :/

Cause linux rocks!

But mainly because I work on linux, hate to reboot just to play a game, and more and more games come out for linux these day anyways. Lets just call it a steam machine if you prefer ;)

Cause linux rocks!

But mainly because I work on linux, hate to reboot just to play a game, and more and more games come out for linux these day anyways. Lets just call it a steam machine if you prefer ;)

Fair nuff :)

I wish i could have linux as my only system, but the games i play are on windows. Otherwise i would do a virtual machine for the other windows programs i use. As soon as ubuntu for phones comes out im dual-booting.

Intel i5-6600K, be quiet! Dark Rock Pro 3, Asus MAXIMUS VIII Gene, 16gb Crucial Ballistix Sport DDR4, 500gb Samsung 850 Evo, 2tb Seagate Barracuda, GTX 1080 EVGA FTW, Thermaltake Core v21, Seasonic M12II 850W

The 4690k supports VT-d for PCI passthrough so you can run a Windows VM with full 3D acceleration.

Holy poo that's neat! I will certainly give that I try when I get the time for it. 

i hope that your cx600 doesnt rattle and die after 3 weeks like mine

i hope that your cx600 doesnt rattle and die after 3 weeks like mine

I have had a cx430 for over a month now, with a g3258 overclocked and folding full load 24/7 and it has not even hiccuped. 

I am a member of the PCMasterRace. I am terribly sad to announce that I own a PeasantStation 3 Super Slim. it's in a drawer away from my glorious PC.
F@H stats:http://fah-web.stanford.edu/cgi-bin/main.py?qtype=userpage&username=AngelKoura

So glad I could help with finishing this build!

You really could redo those cables though :D 

My Buyer’s Guide!   

Build:                                               

CPU: Intel Core i5 4690K Cooler: Cryorig R1 Ultimate RAM: Kingston Fury White Series 8GB SSD: OCZ 100 ARC 240GB HDD: Seagate Barracuda 1TB Motherboard: MSI Z97S SLI Krait Edition Graphics Card: Powercolor PCS+ R9 390 Case: Phanteks Enthoo Pro (White) Power Supply: EVGA G2 750W Monitor: LG 29UM67-P 29" 21:9 Freesync Sexiness Mouse: Razer Deathadder ChromKeyboard: Razer Blackwidow 2014 Headset: Turtle Beach Ear Force XP400

I was gonna complain about the cables.... but your desk is clean... so you are pardoned. 

Main Rig: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/58641-the-i7-950s-gots-to-go-updated-104/ | CPU: Intel i7-4930K | GPU: 2x EVGA Geforce GTX Titan SC SLI| MB: EVGA X79 Dark | RAM: 16GB HyperX Beast 2400mhz | SSD: Samsung 840 Pro 256gb | HDD: 2x Western Digital Raptors 74gb | EX-H34B Hot Swap Rack | Case: Lian Li PC-D600 | Cooling: H100i | Power Supply: Corsair HX1050 |

Pfsense Build (Repurposed for plex) https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/715459-pfsense-build/