Bill Gates is world's richest man again, for the sixteenth time

Overl0rd

actually he is giving tons of money to his children just not in the billions 

Oh yeah, forgot about giving some. 

Maybe a few mil which is enough for them to expand on that. 

It's either 1 million or 10 million.

Specs: 4790k | Asus Z-97 Pro Wifi | MX100 512GB SSD | NZXT H440 Plastidipped Black | Dark Rock 3 CPU Cooler | MSI 290x Lightning | EVGA 850 G2 | 3x Noctua Industrial NF-F12's

Bought a powermac G5, expect a mod log sometime in 2015

Corsair is overrated, and Anime is ruined by the people who watch it

Bill gates also was behind a project to recycle clean water from sht. Literally.

And he drank it.

Oh yea 300 posts.

Pretty much all the water we drink came from shit, Bill is not the first xD.

Oh, and congrats on the 300.

The stars died for you to be here today.

A locked bathroom in the right place can make all the difference in the world.

my favorite billionare is Elon Musk, the man's a genious/visionary. I think he should surpass Bill Gates as the world's richest man 

CPU- i7 5960x MOTHERBOARD- Asus Rampage V extreme RAM- 32gb Corsair Dominator Platinum ddr4 2800mhz GPU-  2X EVGA GTX 980 SC in SLI PSU- Corsair ax860 CASE- Corsair Obsidian 750d COOLING- EK cpu+dual gpu custom loop (ek supremacy evo, dual gtx 980 copper/acetal waterblocks) MOUSE- Logitech g502 proteus core KEYBOARD- Ducky shine 3 cherry mx blue switches and blue LED MONITOR- Samsung u28d590d UHD  STORAGE -  120 gb samsung 850 evo ssd, 960 gb ocz trion ssd OS- Windows 10 pro http://pcpartpicker.com/p/jtP8GX

A4dbWzF.jpg

I practice and study Buddhism, admire art, love cats, build computers and enjoy civil debate.

But that's almost half, at this rate he should lose all his money before summer

sweden has the highest taxes in the world as far as i know.

Not in capital gains. I would imagine that he also wasn't the only stakeholder in Mojang, some of it went for the people working in the company.

I don't idolize Gates - Microsoft had plenty of anti-trust, anti-competitive and just bs practises. That said, the charity work he does makes a big difference.

I hate Gates for non tech reasons. Fuck that bastard

No, fuck YOU, you bastard. 

He's done the exact opposite to deserve a lack of praise such as this. What have you done to make the world a better place? Or anything that contributes to the world rather than just doing a day-to-day job and moving nothing more than the dirt it will take to bury your cold, dead body? (not a threat lol)

This is what I think of Pre-Ordering video games: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wp98SH3vW2Y

Guys there is no need for flaming the dude and swearing at him. He obviously didn't word his sentence correctly, and from what I can see English is not his first language. There are alot of us from all around the world and you need to remember this.

We all voice different opinions..

As for Gates, I think he has done good to the world and continues to do so through out his charities.

Guys there is no need for flaming the dude and swearing at him. He obviously didn't word his sentence correctly, and from what I can see English is not his first language. There are alot of us from all around the world and you need to remember this.

We all voice different opinions..

As for Gates, I think he has done good to the world and continues to do so through out his charities.

I think that people really just wanna know his reason.

I think that people really just wanna know his reason.

I agree too, but you don't go swearing at him for what he said. 

I agree too, but you don't go swearing at him for what he said. 

Yeah, but it's the internet.  You can't express a strong opinion without any reasons and not expect to be flamed for it.

Yeah, but it's the internet.  You can't express a strong opinion without any reasons and not expect to be flamed for it.

True, but this is a forum with mods and there are guidlines to be followed if I am correct?

Again, we are all eager to hear his explanation..

True, but this is a forum with mods and there are guidlines to be followed if I am correct?

Again, we are all eager to hear his explanation..

Yeah.  Let's see if he delivers...

Yeah.  Let's see if he delivers...

He is gone... long gone, because he knows he has no leg to stand one. Whatever they say will be countered by someone as clearly he has an opposite opinion. I wouldn't respond either - doesn't matter what he writes it will get shot down. 

Spoiler

Corsair 400C- Intel i7 6700- Gigabyte Gaming 6- GTX 1080 Founders Ed. - Intel 530 120GB + 2xWD 1TB + Adata 610 256GB- 16GB 2400MHz G.Skill- Evga G2 650 PSU- Corsair H110- ASUS PB278Q- Dell u2412m- Logitech G710+ - Logitech g700 - Sennheiser PC350 SE/598se

Is it just me or is Grammar slowly becoming extinct on LTT? 

As for Gates...

If you've had dozens of billions of dollars for decades, then you're probably well past the "w00t I can buy whatever I want" point in your life. Props to him for not wasting it all on hookers and drugs. Not sure if that is even possible, tbh.

I don't really play many games for gameplay anymore honestly. I play most games just for the graphics.

I saw that he has given over 30 billion over his life time. That's a lot of money...

Main Rig "Rocinante" - Ryzen 9 5900X, EVGA FTW3 RTX 3080 Ultra Gaming, 32GB 3600MHz DDR4

I hate Gates for non tech reasons. Fuck that bastard

He will do more for this world than you ever will. He has improved the lives of millions. What have you done? 

I saw that he has given over 30 billion over his life time. That's a lot of money...

http://www.cnet.com/news/bill-and-melinda-gates-top-forbes-list-as-most-philanthropic-americans/

There's a time and place for everything! But not now. - Professor Oak

i7 2600K 4.3GHz  -  GTX 1060 3GB  - ASUS P8Z68-V - 16GB DDR3-1600 CL9 - EIZO 1080p 120Hz VA

Intel Skulltrail: 2x Core 2 Quad QX9775 - Intel D5400XS - 16GB FB DDR2-800 CL5 Quad Channel

EVGA SR-2 Classified - 2x Xeon X5675 4.2GHz - 24GB DDR3-1830 C10 Triple Channel

Intel Skulltrail #2: 2x Xeon E5472  - Intel D5400XS - 16GB FB DDR2-667 CL5 Quad Channel

Whos carlos slim?

If I had 80 billion I would probably buy a state and declare it horse territory XDD

Case: NZXT Phantom PSU: EVGA G2 650w Motherboard: Asus Z97-Pro (Wifi-AC) CPU: 4690K @4.2ghz/1.2V Cooler: Noctua NH-D15 Ram: Kingston HyperX FURY 16GB 1866mhz GPU: Gigabyte G1 GTX970 Storage: (2x) WD Caviar Blue 1TB, Crucial MX100 256GB SSD, Samsung 840 SSD Wifi: TP Link WDN4800

Donkeys are love, Donkeys are life.                    "No answer means no problem!" - Luke 2015

as @DildorTheDecent say not only he isnt giving money to his kids but also donating almost everything ....altough i hate billy for windows.... hes a great guy all around helps so many children and actually works rather than throwing cash at them...... altough he did invent ebola .. tinfoil hat

You hate him for creating the best operating system of all time?

Well damn. Can I ask why?

I personally think we need more people like Bill Gates in the world. The "1%" doesn't need to be a bad thing if more of the 1% gave back to the community in truly innovative ways(that only these people can do). Anyways, as this topic was about Bill Gates and his wealth(I think), here is a video I always found hit home the true amount of wealth Bill Gates has. (Keep in mind, this is with a worth of 50 billion as opposed to the 79.2 billion currently)

lamo...its not the best os around ....... its heavy full of bugs,propertier........ because

-snip

So you took a screen shot of your desktop?

I'd like to see some evidence of these bugs. I'm not attacking you i'd just like to see your evidence.

onenote is broken..... everything it changes itself to default printer,not fixed yet,bad metro ui ...... crazy ram usage spike,random bsods etc

1. One note is not Windows.

2. Changes to default printer? I work in IT. I have never had that issue.

3. Not fixed yet? Not fixed what

4. Bad metro UI - You can disable it. Like I did with all my clients.

5. Crazy Ram Usage - Eh? Last I checked Chrome is pretty much responsible for all of that mess Not windows. All my clients have 8GB Ram No issues.

6. Random BSOD - BSOD Is most of the times at the software level. You fucked something up.

7. I'll await that ETC.