After having reviewed the SG09B some many years ago, I was surprised that you never mentioned the Silverstone SG10 when reviewing the NCASE M1. I definitely think you should reach out to Silverstone to get a review product, because even though it's been out for awhile, you never covered it and there isn't much other competition.

CPU: (hard to see under the cooler :P)

As we know linus it has to be i7. (Always the good stuff I can't afford lol)

I don't mind the missing manual. But I could see some missing fingers trying to build in this tiny thing. Oh so cramped.

After having reviewed the SG09B some many years ago, I was surprised that you never mentioned the Silverstone SG10 when reviewing the NCASE M1.

The SG09 and the SG10 are essentially the same cases with only some small differences. Also it is quite a different concept from the M1.

The M1 started out as an improved aluminiumized version of the SG05.

Mini-Desktop: NCASE M1 Build Log
Mini-Server: M350 Build Log

The SG09 and the SG10 are essentially the same cases with only some small differences. Also it is quite a different concept from the M1.

The M1 started out as an improved aluminiumized version of the SG05.

SG10 is simply more refined, and having a better video done of it wouldn't hurt. The SG09B's was really poor in comparison to their current quality.

How is it a drastically different concept? Focuses on long-width cards, slot-loaded optical drives, and relocating the PSU to the front of the case in order to give extra room for CPU coolers. The only really different parts I can notice are the lack of cooling options and the different locations for storage.

SG10 is simply more refined, and having a better video done of it wouldn't hurt. The SG09B's was really poor in comparison to their current quality.

How is it a drastically different concept? Focuses on long-width cards, slot-loaded optical drives, and relocating the PSU to the front of the case in order to give extra room for CPU coolers. The only really different parts I can notice are the lack of cooling options and the different locations for storage.

- mITX vs mATX

- aluminium vs steel

- 240mm rad support vs 120mm rad

-12 litres vs 23 litres (i.e. twice the size)

- mITX vs mATX

- aluminium vs steel

- 240mm rad support vs 120mm rad

-12 litres vs 23 litres (i.e. twice the size)

ITX vs mATX isn't that big of a difference. Same mounting points, the NCASE M1 has one less expansion slot, big whoop.

Same with the different metal types - in a painted computer case, simply using a different type of metal when the competitor is also using metal isn't enough to tout innovation.

Rad support is an odd topic because just stating rad support doesn't actually describe the rest of the cooling. The NCASE M1 seems to be more geared towards a liquid cooled setup with a large rad, while the SG10 has support for two 120mm rads on top of having a giant 180mm fan up top, and room for three 80/92mm fans. Simply splitting the 240mm rad into two 120mm rads isn't something I would consider to be a conceptual difference, just a technical one.

Size comes from ITX, smaller PSU, and hard drive relocation, but I still wouldn't tout it as a conceptual difference. It's a thinner tower but it still has the same general layout and concept behind it, just a bit smaller.

Case: NCASE M1

CPU: (hard to see under the cooler :P)

RAM: G.Skill RipjawsZ

PSU: Silverstone SST-SX600-G PSU

MB: ASUS Maximus VI Impact

GPU: NVIDIA GTX 780 Ti

SSD: Samsung 840/850? + another brand

HDD: 3.5" Seagate

Cooler: Corsair H100i

Thanks for the list :D

now to amazon to buy..........Buy....... BUY!?!?!?!??!!?!?

I find it funny that you post this video right when my Ncase m1 arrives.

ITX vs mATX isn't that big of a difference. Same mounting points, the NCASE M1 has one less expansion slot, big whoop.

same mounting points? no not really.

If by that you mean the motherboard orientation in the case, then I guess it is like 99% of computer cases.

Same with the different metal types - in a painted computer case, simply using a different type of metal when the competitor is also using metal isn't enough to tout innovation.

The M1 is anodized, not painted. and yes it makes a BIG difference in appearance.

The inside of the M1 is painted aluminium and I have to say it is MUCH MUCH nicer than those sugo series silverstone cases.

Rad support is an odd topic because just stating rad support doesn't actually describe the rest of the cooling. The NCASE M1 seems to be more geared towards a liquid cooled setup with a large rad, while the SG10 has support for two 120mm rads on top of having a giant 180mm fan up top, and room for three 80/92mm fans. Simply splitting the 240mm rad into two 120mm rads isn't something I would consider to be a conceptual difference, just a technical one.

The M1 was from ground up designed to support 240mm rads to be able to watercool the whole system. Again the whole project started out from the Sivlerstone SG05/06

Size comes from ITX, smaller PSU, and hard drive relocation, but I still wouldn't tout it as a conceptual difference. It's a thinner tower but it still has the same general layout and concept behind it, just a bit smaller.

Again it has the same "general layout" as 99% of computer cases.

The concept is completely different.

It is like saying a corsair 900D is the same concept as the SG10

very cool looking case. Its a shame my next build will have to be X99, otherwise I'd seriously consider it.

Why everyone reviewed this case didn`t mention this case can only fit full length GPU if SFX PSU is installed.

And I would be much happier if linus did a thermal review on this case with everything pushed to limit.(4790 OC+ open fan design GTX980 + 2 bottom mounted 120mm fans)

Moreover, to me the M1 case would be a nobrainer  if I can fit a 140-150mm psu and a full length GPU together.

My recent build had a RVZ01 case but the VRM(Impact VII) will get crazy hot while game is running and the sx600 not only has a noisy 80mm fan but also experiencing the electrical whine all the time... 

Why everyone reviewed this case didn`t mention this case can only fit full length GPU if SFX PSU is installed.

did you even watch the video? because Linus said, that you can't install a full length GPU with anything other than a SFX PSU ;)

And I would be much happier if linus did a thermal review on this case with everything pushed to limit.(4790 OC+ open fan design GTX980 + 2 bottom mounted 120mm fans)

there are tons of builds (especially on [H]ardForum) with temp measurements)

Moreover, to me the M1 case would be a nobrainer  if I can fit a 140-150mm psu and a full length GPU together.

it was never meant to be a nobrainer, but rather a better version of the Silverstone SG05.

It is only slightly larger than the SG05, MUCH better in terms of build quality and MUCH more flexible in terms of components.

I meant not everyone reviewed the case listed this as a con.

As linus discussed in the video. It is very hard for people to find info they want in a super super long thread... It shouldnt be hard to do a review like this for any major reviewers.

It could solve a lot of concerns among thermal performance. especially for ppl who want a Non reference design for better OC.  

In todays market, SFX PSU is still not as widely available as normal PSU and the smaller fan=more noise...

I like it but its expensive and everything is extreeeemly cramped

Longboarders/ skaters message me!

I meant not everyone reviewed the case listed this as a con.

Cause it really isn't. The case was always intended to be used with SFX power supplies.

The ATX bracket only came up as an alternative during the design of the case.

As linus discussed in the video. It is very hard for people to find info they want in a super super long thread... It shouldnt be hard to do a review like this for any major reviewers.

Linus never was to much into really detailed reviews.

Their is a SCPR and a PCPerspective review.

In todays market, SFX PSU is still not as widely available as normal PSU and the smaller fan=more noise...

There are 5 different SFX PSUs from Silverstone, at least 2 from BeQuiet and some from other brands.

lol okay. Just saying there is still a lot can be improved 

Linus should have mentioned that this case is backed by Lian Li. Some people wont byy a new case for fear that it will skimp on quality but this thing is no joke.

Also personally i disagree with Linus on the documentation needed to be newb friendly. If your building in this case you're and enthusiast and know what you're doing. Much like the Case Labs cases.

Sexy little case tho.... Would love to find an excuse to build in one lol

Wait a second. How did Linus connect two SSDs that close to each other? O.o

Sweet case though...! I like the looks.

I'd be interested in a quick follow up with some shorter custom cables to clean up some of that rat nest in the back.

Wow, this case looks complicated to build in.

It's actually incredibly easy to work in, because all but the rear and bottom of the case can be removed to leave it completely open for access. Much easier to work in the my previous 550D and P180.