I also feel like Linus missed the point of this case.  This case was, at one point, a pipe dream for two users over at Hardforum.  They drafted designs and eventually there was enough interest within that community that they decided to start a crowdfunding campaign to see if it would take ground.  I was one of the initial backers for the original version of the M1.  The only thing I had to go off of were the blueprints of their case and the 3D renderings of the full design.  Once the case was released and I recieved mine in the mail, it sat in the box due to my incompatible parts (PSU, Heatsink, too many mechanical hard drives, etc.). The beginnings of this case were trial and error for the users.  Yes, there were no manuals, but there were spread sheets on the threads first page of parts and other compatibilities.  Hell, there was a spread sheet telling which heatsink would fit on which motherboard because if you got the wrong heatsink on the wrong motherboard, you couldn't put the side panels back on due to clearance issues.  You don't have these problems with other cases because they're made to fit most aftermarket coolers to appeal to a larger market.  This case was designed to have no unused space.  I've seen this case with custom loops containing two 240mm rads cooling both CPU and GPU.  I don't think Linus should have approached this case with the same mindset that if he were reviewing a case from Corsair or another large manufacturer.  

The builders buying this case knew what they were getting into.  This wasn't a case you could order off of Newegg.  I would be very surprised if someone ordered this case without visiting the thread at HardForum. 

I also agree with the "handout" or the more politically correct version "review sample".  They didn't make much money off of this case and I'm even insulted that Linus would request a free case that he could make a five minute vidio out of just to have it sit in his garage with the rest of his review samples. This isn't a business for the two guys who made it, it was a project about something they were passionate about.  I just don't think that they expected to see this much interest in their design.

I actually didn't know that BeQuiet had sfx psu and it kills me that they are only 400W. I might have splurged for one if it was quiet. I am modding my sx600-G by attaching another fan to it so zero rpm mode is always on since it is so loud. Mine also buzzes sometimes and I've gotten 2 different ones so it's not a defect. 

That kind of sucks as I was thinking of getting the silverstone 600w sfx power supply when I go mITX

That kind of sucks as I was thinking of getting the silverstone 600w sfx power supply when I go mITX

There are lots of people who are happy with their silverstone sst-sx600-g

Mini-Desktop: NCASE M1 Build Log
Mini-Server: M350 Build Log

NCIX: http://bit.ly/1DtY6xc

Amazon: http://geni.us/22KD

NCASE: http://bit.ly/17gZc1m

Did the folks over at NCASE knock this whole PC case thing out of the park on their first try with the M1? Let's find out...

Amazon links to EVGA Hadron Air

Windows 10 Edu | Asus ROG Strix X570-F Gaming | Ryzen 9 3950x | 4x 16GB G.Skill Trident Z RGB| ROG Strix GeForce® RTX 2080 SUPER™ Advanced edition | Samsung 980 PRO 500GB + Samsung 970 Evo Plus 2TB + 8TB Seagate Barracuda | EVGA Supernova 650 G2 | Alienware AW3418DW + LG 34uc87c + Dell u3419w | Asus Zephyrus G14

After you tape on a quiet fan onto the side it's not a problem. But this forces you to intake air from the inside of your case and it takes up some cable management room. You won't be able to do this with 2 mech hard drvies on that cage. 

• 4 weeks later...

FYI I have the SilverStone SX600-G in mine and its not loud at all. Also I had official word from SilverStone that IF you can hear the fan from 12" away that's grounds for replacement as it exceeds their spec.