Racing wheel for PC?

Coombzy

Hey guys, I am looking for a pc racing wheel as I found it pretty fun trying it out at a friends house. I am looking for one at a max cost of £100. Does anybody have any recommendations?

PS: I have found this one http://www.overclockers.co.uk/showproduct.php?prodid=GC-059-TH but I am not sure if it's the best for the price.

Logitech DrivingForce GT is better if you can get it for that price. 

Logitech DrivingForce GT is better if you can get it for that price. 

When I look up that model it says this.

ySTpdVu.png

Hey guys, I am looking for a pc racing wheel as I found it pretty fun trying it out at a friends house. I am looking for one at a max cost of £100. Does anybody have any recommendations?

PS: I have found this one http://www.overclockers.co.uk/showproduct.php?prodid=GC-059-TH but I am not sure if it's the best for the price.

as for wheels, the cheapest you buy is the dfgt, its around £100 normally. If you get anything cheaper its a waste  100% of the time. Afterthat there is teh G27 if you have more money, after that is the T500RS and above that start going crazy with the fanatec stuff and modding etc.

cpu: intel i5 4670k @ 4.5ghz Ram: G skill ares 2x4gb 2166mhz cl10 Gpu: GTX 680 liquid cooled cpu cooler: Raijintek ereboss Mobo: gigabyte z87x ud5h psu: cm gx650 bronze Case: Zalman Z9 plus

Listen if you care.

Cpu: intel i7 4770k @ 4.2ghz Ram: G skill  ripjaws 2x4gb Gpu: nvidia gtx 970 cpu cooler: akasa venom voodoo Mobo: G1.Sniper Z6 Psu: XFX proseries 650w Case: Zalman H1

When I look up that model it says this.

ySTpdVu.png

it supports pc, its the most used pc racing wheel ive got one and its compatible which every reasonable racing game for pc and ps3/ps4 not sure about ps2

cpu: intel i5 4670k @ 4.5ghz Ram: G skill ares 2x4gb 2166mhz cl10 Gpu: GTX 680 liquid cooled cpu cooler: Raijintek ereboss Mobo: gigabyte z87x ud5h psu: cm gx650 bronze Case: Zalman Z9 plus

Listen if you care.

Cpu: intel i7 4770k @ 4.2ghz Ram: G skill  ripjaws 2x4gb Gpu: nvidia gtx 970 cpu cooler: akasa venom voodoo Mobo: G1.Sniper Z6 Psu: XFX proseries 650w Case: Zalman H1

~

It works in pretty much every pc game, what site is that info from?

It works in pretty much every pc game, what site is that info from?

Logitech's website

Logitech's website

Strange, but it will work and as stated on the site you'll need an empty USB port and windows xp or above. 

Try and buy a second hand G25 or G27 - the 900-degree lock, 6-speed shifter and clutch pedal are invaluable additions over "regular" steering wheels.

There was a second hand one locally (not locally for you) for $80 AUD (£42 GBP) - so they seem to definitely be out there... 

I just bought a G27 and its fantastic, its only a little better than the G25 though

Sim Rig:  Valve Index - Acer XV273KP - 5950x - GTX 2080ti - B550 Master - 32 GB ddr4 @ 3800c14 - DG-85 - HX1200 - 360mm AIO

Long Live VR. Pancake gaming is dead.

Try and buy a second hand G25 or G27 - the 900-degree lock, 6-speed shifter and clutch pedal are invaluable additions over "regular" steering wheels.

There was a second hand one locally (not locally for you) for $80 AUD (£42 GBP) - so they seem to definitely be out there... 

I just bought a G27 and its fantastic, its only a little better than the G25 though

I don't feel like I need that much control though as I really just want pedals and a wheel none of the racing games I play support the shifter.

I don't feel like I need that much control though as I really just want pedals and a wheel none of the racing games I play support the shifter.

Id highely consider what he said still. Even if none of the game your play right now do you can certainly expand your horizons  into others and I would say more satisfying racers when you start getting things down,

System Specs

CPU: Ryzen 5 5600x | Mobo: Gigabyte B550i Aorus Pro AX | RAM: Hyper X Fury 3600 64gb | GPU: Nvidia FE 4090 | Storage: WD Blk SN750 NVMe - 1tb, Samsung 860 Evo - 1tb, WD Blk - 6tb/5tb, WD Red - 10tb | PSU:Corsair ax860 | Cooling: AMD Wraith Stealth  Displays: 55" Samsung 4k Q80R, 24" BenQ XL2420TE/XL2411Z & Asus VG248QE | Kb: K70 RGB Blue | Mouse: Logitech G903 | Case: Fractal Torrent RGB | Extra: HTC Vive, Fanatec CSR/Shifters/CSR Elite Pedals w/ Rennsport stand, Thustmaster Warthog HOTAS, Track IR5,, ARCTIC Z3 Pro Triple Monitor Arm | OS: Win 10 Pro 64 bit

I would say get the G27 or nothing at all. The ability to shift with a manual transmission or like a Formula 1 driver with paddle shift is probably most important. Should be good for any of the Grid games.