i know you guys are already overworked and are doing your best but guys please try to fix the color,pls

Dwm 2015-01-04 23-27-41-81.jpg

Doesn't look anything like that on my phone or monitor, I suggest checking your colour calibration

CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 3700X - CPU Cooler: Deepcool Castle 240EX - Motherboard: MSI B450 GAMING PRO CARBON AC

RAM: 2 x 8GB Corsair Vengeance Pro RBG 3200MHz - GPU: MSI RTX 3080 GAMING X TRIO

Month view in calendar is in there by clicking on the month, which is why it has a down arrow next to it. It is not taken out

I get that this is the flagship for a new mobile OS, but couldn't help feel coverage of the physical hardware, the 'phone' itself, was particularly light, in favor of a software overview. We didn't even get to see it without that wrap all over it, even a little B-roll of the phone naked would have been nice. Linus barely even made mention to it, he spent almost as much time talking about the wrap than the design of the phone. (I know they provided the phone and all, but this is a phone review after all and (at least last time I checked) dbrand seemed only to ship to the US, so its not even as if that wrap is relevant to the rest of the world.)

Another thing was, he barely made mention to the battery life, build quality, material feel (without a wrap) speaker quality or even call quality. I know its a secondary issue now-a-days but it only takes 5 seconds to say and after all, its still meant to be a phone, right?

I'm sorry, I generally don't like to complain, especially as you're all so busy with CES at the moment, but it definitely felt like Linus had gotten distracted my minor annoyances like the rubbish camera app (that I would expect to be updated within a couple months, given how bad it is), instead of giving a well rounded video.

I get that this is the flagship for a new mobile OS, but couldn't help feel coverage of the physical hardware, the 'phone' itself, was particularly light, in favor of a software overview. We didn't even get to see it without that wrap all over it, even a little B-roll of the phone naked would have been nice. Linus barely even made mention to it, he spent almost as much time talking about the wrap than the design of the phone. (I know they provided the phone and all, but this is a phone review after all and (at least last time I checked) dbrand seemed only to ship to the US, so its not even as if that wrap is relevant to the rest of the world.)

Another thing was, he barely made mention to the battery life, build quality, material feel (without a wrap) speaker quality or even call quality. I know its a secondary issue now-a-days but it only takes 5 seconds to say and after all, its still meant to be a phone, right?

I'm sorry, I generally don't like to complain, especially as you're all so busy with CES at the moment, but it definitely felt like Linus had gotten distracted my minor annoyances like the rubbish camera app (that I would expect to be updated within a couple months, given how bad it is), instead of giving a well rounded video.

He mentioned the speaker quality and mentioned the battery life. He mentions the build quality before talking about the wrap. Dbrand ship to other countries other than the US, i just ordered a wrap for my phone. I've also seen other cases of them shipping to the UK.

Simple Stryker (Now Finished  ;) )

The Terrible HP

The problem with the Nexus 6 is beyond the camera and screen, its specs are pretty much identical to any flagship Android phone right now.

As such, the main difference is the software experience, the focus of the review

CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 3700X - CPU Cooler: Deepcool Castle 240EX - Motherboard: MSI B450 GAMING PRO CARBON AC

RAM: 2 x 8GB Corsair Vengeance Pro RBG 3200MHz - GPU: MSI RTX 3080 GAMING X TRIO

The calendar did not remove the month view. It can be pulled from the dropdown list on top. Also, you can restart the device by holding the power button for 10 seconds.

Here is my 10 cents worth on it.

1. No expandable storage. Fine if the minimum is 64 GB in this day and age and ideally 128 GB. The great decison to make the minimum 32 GB ensures most UK mobile operators will sell you nothing but the cheapest option, thus ensuring you will never get the 64 GB option through them. This is a reality in the UK and I suspect across most, if not all of Europe. Considering 128 GB SDXC cadrs are now available and I have been using 64 GB for about a year this is rather shortsighted IMHO. Before someone starts on about cloud storage. What use is it if I am on a underground train ahd have no reception and who is going to pay my data charges for the transfers. I have 50 GB on my 64 SD card and as it much of it is music I don't want to be constantly moving stuff around and the costs that results from it.

2. The battery. The droid Turbo actually has a considerably larger battery depsite being physically smaller.

3. The screen. Now this is not specific to the Nexus 6 but I still ask the question and the lack of any sensible repsone says it all as far as I am concerned. Why do I need 2K resolution on a 6 inch screen, You would be lucky to see the difference on a 32 inch TV!

4. The supply problems have quite possibly delayed this device just long enough that I will wait for SD 810 based phones to ship now. A Samsung Galaxy S6 with an SD 810 processor, 4 GB of RAM, and a 5.5 inch screen in a Google Play edition would leave this device for dust now and there is a remote possibility it will be announced with the next 24 - 48 hours. Granted MWC is more likely than CES so a March announcement is more likely now but even that is only a couple of months away.

5. The real reason for all the delays I suspect. Isn't it funny all the software issues with Android 5 were idnetified at the same time all the delays were going on and once fixed stock mysteriously starts appearing. This leads on to the next gripe. Android 5 and please excuse my succinctness here, was a bug ridden pile of junk with Wi-Fi issues, random reboots and poor battery life to name but a few. Just great for a device that the user cannot remove and hence change the battery and is smaller than it could be. The Huawei Ascend Mate 7 has a 4100 mAh battery in almost an identical form factor device. It only has a 1080p screen which then leads to the question is the 2K gimmick the reason for the smaller battery? Thus we are trading somehting everyone needs for a pointless gimmick!

Ended up buying a Dbrand skin for my OnePlus One because of this video :P

If you get easily offended by people on the Internet there is something really wrong with you. You focus on the opinions of a few people instead of worrying about why you have a terrible taste in video games.

Linus went off the chain in this one.

He really did not like that phone one bit.

3. The screen. Now this is not specific to the Nexus 6 but I still ask the question and the lack of any sensible repsone says it all as far as I am concerned. Why do I need 2K resolution on a 6 inch screen, You would be lucky to see the difference on a 32 inch TV!

Yes we do.

The PPI on paper is only a slight increase over the Nexus 5, and if you look at the amount of subpixels the PPI is actually smaller (RGBRGB counts as 2 pixel on the Nexus 5, RGBG counts as 2 on the Nexus 6).

Quite agree with the video, IMO:

-screen too large.

-res to high (1080p max).

-price too high.

are all dealbreakers to me, so I wasn't planning on getting it anyway.

But stock android always felt like any other operating system like windows or whatever; They provide a somewhat complete package of stuff, and it's up to you to customize it.

They should have stayed at a lower pricerange where it was ok to suck.

(\__/)
(='.'=) This is Bunny. Copy Bunny into your signature to
(")_(") help him on his way to world domination.

I did indeed. I was surprised by Linus saying he thought the screen looked great.

The screen is one of the worst aspects of it. Pathetic brightness and the calibration is so bad you'd think it was done by a blind person.

I am so pissed at Google for the Nexus 6 and 9 so the more negative reviews they get the better.

That effect when comparing photos (at about 5 minutes in) was great. Very good idea and it made it very easy to compare photos. Two thumbs up for that.

It's music to my ears to hear someone else complain about the camera app as well. The new API will be fantastic though. Right now, if your stock camera app sucks (like on the Nexus devices) then you're shit out of luck because third party cameras will be even worse (because the APIs are terrible). With the new Camera2 APIs we will hopefully get third party cameras which will be great.

Edit: I should never have looked in the comments section... It's full of Nexus 6 fanboys saying that it is the best device on the market when it's obvious that the Note 4 is better in every single way except TouchWiz (which is kind of subjective anyway).

If Google want to charge premium prices then they should at least be as good as their competitors.

Yeah I agree, the effect was amazing so amazing I mean amazing, I agree on the camera app I use L camera on my Nexus 5 which is an amazing app, gives me manual focus and exposure also raw photo capture, also the note 4 destroys the Nexus 6.

ﷲ   Muslim Member  ﷲ

KennyS and ScreaM are my role models in CSGO.

CPU: i3-4130 Motherboard: Gigabyte H81M-S2PH RAM: 8GB Kingston hyperx fury HDD: WD caviar black 1TB GPU: MSI 750TI twin frozr II Case: Aerocool Xpredator X3 PSU: Corsair RM650

He mentioned the speaker quality and mentioned the battery life. He mentions the build quality before talking about the wrap. Dbrand ship to other countries other than the US, i just ordered a wrap for my phone. I've also seen other cases of them shipping to the UK.

He mentioned that the volume was sufficient to hear in a car and he had 40-50% left at the end of the day but that could mean anything, ah and that it can charge wirelessly, sometimes. Neither really give you a very good idea of actual use. He literally just says solid and premium aluminium before moving on to talk for twice as long about the wrap. That must be a relatively new thing, because I had a look for UK shipping when Linus first showed off the skins, I think it was around the time of the Z3 review and couldn't see any shipping options.

The problem with the Nexus 6 is beyond the camera and screen, its specs are pretty much identical to any flagship Android phone right now.

As such, the main difference is the software experience, the focus of the review

But so is the software, a bunch of my friends have Nexus 5s and have all had this software for a month or 2, its been a while now anyway. In fact the only unique bit is how the software works with and utilizes the hardware. And the internal specs may be similar but the physical phone is always different.

i really dont like the fact that Nexus 6 is phablet. It would have been nicer if they would have made Nexus 6, well a size of a phone, 5" screen would have been good. OS bugs, i dont really care i will usually use CyanogenMod rom and tweak it little bit but Nexus phones are usually more of a new OS showcase phones than anything else.

Even though most of Nexus 6's cons can be aided from 3rd party apps and mods, I still think Nexus 6 should deliver better out-of-the-box experience for 650 dollars. 

Then again, Nexus linup is not a general-public pleaser, it's more like a clean canvas for the user to customise upon. (Did I just make up a phrase? :D )

My nexus with black titanium dbrand skin:

7olkFtN.jpg

The front:

iidSgQp.png

I just don't get the move to gigantic phones. I have a computer/laptop/tablet which will be more useful and more powerful at a cheaper price. I want something to hold comfortably in my hand and make PHONE CALLS on. Thanks for letting us know, Linus.

i really dont like the fact that Nexus 6 is phablet. It would have been nicer if they would have made Nexus 6, well a size of a phone, 5" screen would have been good. OS bugs, i dont really care i will usually use CyanogenMod rom and tweak it little bit but Nexus phones are usually more of a new OS showcase phones than anything else.

Nexus five with lollipop: what we all wanted the nexus six to be.

F#$k timezone programming. Use UTC! (See XKCD #1883)

PC Specs:

Ryzen 5900x, MSI 3070Ti, 2 x 1 TiB SSDs, 32 GB 3400 DDR4, Cooler Master NR200P

I have a Nexus 6, and I see absolutely none of the issues discussed in this video. No Wi-Fi issues, no software bugs. The camera works perfectly for me, and it shoots fast.

Device: Motorola Nexus 6

ROM: Stock 5.0.1 Decrypted

Kernel: LeanKernel

I just don't get the move to gigantic phones. I have a computer/laptop/tablet which will be more useful and more powerful at a cheaper price. I want something to hold comfortably in my hand and make PHONE CALLS on. Thanks for letting us know, Linus.

Nexus five with lollipop: what we all wanted the nexus six to be.

Can you take a picture of your hand holding a 5 inch device? It sounds like you have REALLY tiny hands. I'm curious because I have pretty giant hands, and the Nexus 6 is the perfect phone I've been looking for, as in it fits perfectly.

Device: Motorola Nexus 6

ROM: Stock 5.0.1 Decrypted

Kernel: LeanKernel

...but my conclusion about it may surprise you...

No isn't a surprise for me.

Nice outro.

That's all I have to say about this video.

something

As big of a fan of Google and Motorola as I am, I have to admit that I am glad that Linus was hard on the Nexus 6, It's not perfect, and unless someone points of the flaws, then nothing will change.