Are your parent's into computers?

asim1999

Nope.

The simple act of ordering something online leads to "LET ME SEE I WANNA SEE!". I try to explain there is nothing advanced, nor exciting over entering a form and clicking submit to no avail. 

mom: why do you spend so much money on your computer???? later on: wow that starts up fast

dad, he has two beast rigs, one ncix assembled the other he built.

he has 2 xp machine(for work) and a 20 inch laptop running vista(for work also) on top of the 2 beast rigs.

so needless to say he is into computers

My dad is in to them, not to a extreme though. He just knows the very very basics. he couldn't build one he is more versed in software other than hardware. 

My mother knows nothing and could care a less to learn.

“Everything in excess! To enjoy the flavor of life, take big bites. Moderation is for monks.”

(About Dad) Um I'n not sure, I mean he does keep upgrading. He recently bought a Microsoft surface pro 3, And that's quite decent but he's never thought of building a PC.

My dad uses a brand new 27inch I Mac, I tried to get them to buy are let me build them a pc for the same price, but that's allot better. However no look, "apparently" macs have a lot better for price to performance. NOT!!!!! 

Nope.

Recovering Apple addict

ASUS Zephyrus G14 2022

Spoiler

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 6900HS GPU: AMD r680M / RX 6700S RAM: 16GB DDR5 

My dad was into computers like 10 years ago, but it's him who introduced me to computer things. I still remember as we both gathered cash to replace our old CRT Monitor to colour one (still 100% working), my first and only DVD drive i had ( still working) Lite-ON FTW!!!!1. Now he is more into gadget things, phones and stuff. 

My moms basically uses Facebook, Google and EMail post only.

My Parents dont know much about pcs but only use them for email and some social media stuff

Half my computer is from my dad's hand me downs cupboard. Ha!

My own parents own better computers than me.

PC: AMD Ryzen 7 5800X Gigabyte X570 UD Corsair Vengence 32gb 3200MHZ Gigabyte RTX 2070 Intel 512gb boot / Seagate 2tb spinner Windows 10 Corsair 4000D black

Fyi i am Autistic (Aspergers) so sorry for any social mistakes (im mostly okay) If you want to learn more, Just ask! 

My father is really in to techonology and computers, he was the one who told me that building a pc is better the buying one compleet. All though i have pulled him in to allot of tech like when the iphone 4 was new i bought one. And he compleetly fell in love with it and bought him selfe one. And that happened again when i bought a Samsung s5. So i can proudly say my father is quite good with tech and computer all though my mother isn't as good haha. She recently upgraded from and iphone 4s to a sony z3 and has been having allot of truble with that and. But she can handle with most things like facebook and emails and such so its save to say my parants arent so bad with tech

My mom is into computers in the sense of replacing her laptop almost every year beacause of the intel generations and insisting that her previous laptop was very slow given that she's only doing Microsoft Word, Excel and Web browsing.

My parents are NOT into computers. I got into computers because my dad and mom wanted me to wait until my birthday (like 11 months away) to get my Alienware desktop. I thought they were cool. But then I decided to build one and my parents said it would be a good learning experience so I used LTT's videos and maha here I am. They use macs aw well which says it all.

I really wish they didn't like computers as Im sick and tired of FIXING there computer after they break it,   Last week my Mum answered the phone to one of there Indian Techs who tell you the computer is faulty, and instead of just telling him to go away she let the guy have access into her computer  where he made the computer faulty then told her it would cost $300 to fix, she said i carn't afford that and hang up on him but now the computer wont bootup,   I had to do a reinstall of windows to fix it.

These Indian socalled Techs who ring people pray on older people and should be hung by the balls and shashed by old people with  keyboards lol 

My mom is into occasionally upgrades her laptop but my dad just uses whatever work gives to him.

Halfbreed

My father was.

My mother likes to use computers, but she hates having to fix them, maintain them or buy new hardware.

|  The United Empire of Earth Wants You | The Stormborn (ongoing build; 90% done)  |  Skyrim Mods Recommendations  LTT Blue Forum Theme! | Learning Russian! Blog |
|"They got a war on drugs so the police can bother me.”Tupac Shakur  | "Half of writing history is hiding the truth"Captain Malcolm Reynolds | "Museums are racist."Michelle Obama | "Slap a word like "racist" or "nazi" on it and you'll have an army at your back."MSM Logic | "A new command I give you: love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another"Jesus Christ | "I love the Union and the Constitution, but I would rather leave the Union with the Constitution than remain in the Union without it."Jefferson Davis |

My mom no...

My dad YES!

So my dad built his computer back in the day and now he has this

Intel Core 2 Quad Q9650 @3.0GHz (95W TPD)-Stock Cooler

Intel DG41TY M-ATX Board (Can only hold 8Gb of ram  :lol:)

Old DDR2 2x2GB Sticks

Western Digital 750GB Cavair Blue

Upgraded His GPU to MSI Radeon R7 250X

Old Random Power Supply from like the 1900's

Ghetto Case

Keyboard and Mosue from the dollar store

Phone: Galaxy S5 (He forgets how to download apps on the thing sometimes)

TV: Sony Google TV? (or whatever it's called)

Nope, my mom doesn't know anything about computers but she still supports my passion of building them, and my dad knows a little bit about the core components and hardware but nothing about software.

Exactly the same, in fact my dad's one of the only people who I can talk to about components without making them want to kill themselves.

Thank you.

Wardojack.

Both of my parents are. 

My mom wanted me to build her a home/office PC with the FX6300 that she bought and an inexpensive Asus AM3+ board. My dad on the other hand is mostly a laptop guy, cause he travels a lot. He got himself the Acer Aspire S7, the top of the line model with the latest i7 processor and the highest capacity SSD. 

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 - 3900x @ 4.4GHz with a Custom Loop | MBO: ASUS Crosshair VI Extreme | RAM: 4x4GB Apacer 2666MHz overclocked to 3933MHz with OCZ Reaper HPC Heatsinks | GPU: PowerColor Red Devil 6900XT | SSDs: Intel 660P 512GB SSD and Intel 660P 1TB SSD | HDD: 2x WD Black 6TB and Seagate Backup Plus 8TB External Drive | PSU: Corsair RM1000i | Case: Cooler Master C700P Black Edition | Build Log: here

Both of my parents are. 

My mom wanted me to build her a home/office PC with the FX6300 that she bought and an inexpensive Asus AM3+ board. My dad on the other hand is mostly a laptop guy, cause he travels a lot. He got himself the Acer Aspire S7, the top of the line model with the latest i7 processor and the highest capacity SSD. 

No wonder u are loaded with a desktop that 99% of us can only dream of owning

Current Rig:   CPU: AMD 1950X @4Ghz. Cooler: Enermax Liqtech TR4 360. Motherboard:Asus Zenith Extreme. RAM: 8GB Crucial DDR4 3666. GPU: Reference GTX 970  SSD: 250GB Samsung 970 EVO.  HDD: Seagate Barracuda 7200.14 2TB. Case: Phanteks Enthoo Pro. PSU: Corsair RM1000X. OS: Windows 10 Pro UEFI mode  (installed on SSD)

Peripherals:  Display: Acer XB272 1080p 240Hz G Sync Keyboard: Corsair K95 RGB Brown Mouse: Logitech G502 RGB Headhet: Roccat XTD 5.1 analogue

Daily Devices:Sony Xperia XZ1 Compact and 128GB iPad Pro

No wonder u are loaded with a desktop that 99% of us can only dream of owning

Actually, I didn't buy the i7 5960X myself, I got sent one for free. Other, than that, yeah, I am not denying that I can afford a more than decent rig, but I have to note that while my parents do indeed encourage me to do so, I earn my money all by myself. :)

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 - 3900x @ 4.4GHz with a Custom Loop | MBO: ASUS Crosshair VI Extreme | RAM: 4x4GB Apacer 2666MHz overclocked to 3933MHz with OCZ Reaper HPC Heatsinks | GPU: PowerColor Red Devil 6900XT | SSDs: Intel 660P 512GB SSD and Intel 660P 1TB SSD | HDD: 2x WD Black 6TB and Seagate Backup Plus 8TB External Drive | PSU: Corsair RM1000i | Case: Cooler Master C700P Black Edition | Build Log: here