Toyota's new hydrogen sedan will be on sale next year for $57,500, free fuel for 3 years

Aniallation

http://www.theverge.com/2014/11/18/7242785/toyotas-new-hydrogen-powered-mirai-sedan-will-be-on-sale-next-year
http://jalopnik.com/the-hydrogen-toyota-mirai-gets-three-years-of-free-fuel-1660046315

Them angles... I should get one, paint it black and red, and call it the STRIX Corolla. That'll provide a huge bump in sales.

2016_toyota_fuel_cell_vehicle_001-970x54

2016-toyota-mirai-fuel-cell-vehicle-rear

3-2016-toyota-mirai-hydrogen-fuel-cell-s

Toyota has been teasing its upcoming hydrogen fuel cell car for the better part of the year, but at the Los Angeles auto show it has announced that consumers will be able to buy the Mirai sedan for $57,500 when it goes on sale in 2015. However, Toyota claims the final price for the four-door vehicle should be significantlylower when factoring in state and federal incentives that could push the price "under $45,000" when all is said and done.

As for the technology behind this car, Toyota claims that its fuel cell stack will be refillable in about five minutes and provide a driving range of 300 miles. It's no performance beast, but that range should make the driving experience much more like a standard gas-powered vehicle rather than most current electric vehicles, which still aren't quite feasible for most long-distance drives.

Of course, there are even less places to refuel a hydrogen-powered car than there are standard electric chargers — that five-minute refuel time won't be very useful if you can't find a place to fill up your car. To that end, the Mirai will first be only available in California, where a hydrogen refueling infrastructure is currently being built out. By the end of 2015, Toyota says some 20 stations will be online, with another 28 launching in 2016. Toyota also says that 2016 will see the first construction of stations on the east coast, with 12 stations spread across five states (New York, New Jersey, Massachusetts, Connecticut, and Rhode Island) expected that year.

Until more stations become commonplace, hydrogen-powered cars will remain a niche curiosity — but it's easy to see the attraction to such a vehicle. The Mirai (and other similar vehicles) use no gasoline and emit only water vapor in the process. That complete lack of emissions coupled with a more extensive range than current electrical cars makes hydrogen-powered cars sound like a pretty huge step forward in automotive technology.

Toyota will launch their mid-size hydrogen sedan next fall, with a range of up to 300 miles, 153 horsepower and a $57,500 price tag which includes free hydrogen for up to three years. But you can only get it in California.

"Rawr XD"

Looks like a cross between the new gen Corolla and the previous gen Camry. But what does the inside look like?

"If it has tits or tires, at some point you will have problems with it." -@vinyldash303

this is probably the only place i'll hang out anymore: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/274320-the-long-awaited-car-thread/

Current Rig: Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600, Abit IN9-32MAX nForce 680i board, Galaxy GT610 1GB DDR3 gpu, Cooler Master Mystique 632S Full ATX case, 1 2TB Seagate Barracuda SATA and 1x200gb Maxtor SATA drives, 1 LG SATA DVD drive, Windows 10. All currently runs like shit :D 

Other than the ass, I don't mind it. Then again, I have been around Toyotas my entire life, seeing as my dad work for them and we have two in the family (2013 Land Cruiser, 2013 Avalon.)

2013-toyota-avalon-hybrid-xle-front-end-

Am I the only one who thinks this is pretty? (sans Hybrid of course)

Main Rig: CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 5800X | RAM: 32GB (2x16GB) KLEVV CRAS XR RGB DDR4-3600 | Motherboard: Gigabyte B550I AORUS PRO AX | Storage: 512GB SKHynix PC401, 1TB Samsung 970 EVO Plus, 2x Micron 1100 256GB SATA SSDs | GPU: EVGA RTX 3080 FTW3 Ultra 10GB | Cooling: ThermalTake Floe 280mm w/ be quiet! Pure Wings 3 | Case: Sliger SM580 (Black) | PSU: Lian Li SP 850W

Server: CPU: AMD Ryzen 3 3100 | RAM: 32GB (2x16GB) Crucial DDR4 Pro | Motherboard: ASUS PRIME B550-PLUS AC-HES | Storage: 128GB Samsung PM961, 4TB Seagate IronWolf | GPU: AMD FirePro WX 3100 | Cooling: EK-AIO Elite 360 D-RGB | Case: Corsair 5000D Airflow (White) | PSU: Seasonic Focus GM-850

Miscellaneous: Dell Optiplex 7060 Micro (i5-8500T/16GB/512GB), Lenovo ThinkCentre M715q Tiny (R5 2400GE/16GB/256GB), Dell Optiplex 7040 SFF (i5-6400/8GB/128GB)

Looks like a cross between the new gen Corolla and the previous gen Camry. But what does the inside look like?

Updated post with interior pic

"Rawr XD"

Not a fan of the styling and put into the market at the wrong time. 

Spoiler

Corsair 400C- Intel i7 6700- Gigabyte Gaming 6- GTX 1080 Founders Ed. - Intel 530 120GB + 2xWD 1TB + Adata 610 256GB- 16GB 2400MHz G.Skill- Evga G2 650 PSU- Corsair H110- ASUS PB278Q- Dell u2412m- Logitech G710+ - Logitech g700 - Sennheiser PC350 SE/598se

Is it just me or is Grammar slowly becoming extinct on LTT? 

looks like a bulldog..

for the first time in my life, I prefer a Honda to a Toyota.... 

12135739401410225450-970x548-c.jpg

honda-fcev-concept-2013-los-angeles-auto

I done been through a whole lot. Trial, tribulations, but I know God - Kendrick Lamar

I question your mother's upbringing if you don't like me - Action Bronson

You apocalyptic dingleberry - James 'Captain Slow' May

Meh I don't like it, and why the fuck did they put the gauges in the middle? now you will have to look over to the side and down to see them instead of just glancing down.

Specs: CPU - Intel i7 8700K @ 5GHz | GPU - Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 Gaming | Motherboard - ASUS Strix Z370-G WIFI AC | RAM - XPG Gammix DDR4-3000MHz 32GB (2x16GB) | Main Drive - Samsung 850 Evo 500GB M.2 | Other Drives - 7TB/3 Drives | CPU Cooler - Corsair H100i Pro | Case - Fractal Design Define C Mini TG | Power Supply - EVGA G3 850W

Updated post with interior pic

Oh my god. Touchscreen center console. My fangirl is starting to rip me from the outside. EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

"If it has tits or tires, at some point you will have problems with it." -@vinyldash303

this is probably the only place i'll hang out anymore: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/274320-the-long-awaited-car-thread/

Current Rig: Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600, Abit IN9-32MAX nForce 680i board, Galaxy GT610 1GB DDR3 gpu, Cooler Master Mystique 632S Full ATX case, 1 2TB Seagate Barracuda SATA and 1x200gb Maxtor SATA drives, 1 LG SATA DVD drive, Windows 10. All currently runs like shit :D 

Interesting tech, but I get this feeling that hydrogen isn't going to be viable. Just the process of converting it requires more energy than it produces. 

I'll stick with Solar Panels and a Tesla made car. :D

Like watching Anime? Consider joining the unofficial LTT Anime Club Heaven Society~ ^.^

Interesting tech, but I get this feeling that hydrogen isn't going to be viable. Just the process of converting it requires more energy than it produces. 

But it's Hydrogen. The most plentiful element ever.

Meh I don't like it, and why the fuck did they put the gauges in the middle? now you will have to look over to the side and down to see them instead of just glancing down.

It's been like that since the original Prius from 1997.

"Rawr XD"

Oh my god. Touchscreen center console. My fangirl is starting to rip me from the outside. EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

Ford have had touch center consoles for a while now.

"Rawr XD"

Not exactly groundbreaking either:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Honda_FCX_Clarity

honda-fcx-clarity.jpg

System: Thinkpad T460

looks like a bulldog..

for once in my life, I prefer a Honda to a Toyota....

Honda_FCV_Concept_3109856a.jpg

To be fair, that's not production. The Toyota is a production car. If concepts, how about this? I know I'm taking it into a different genre, but why not?

2014_Toyota_FT-1_Concept_NAIASb.jpg

Main Rig: CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 5800X | RAM: 32GB (2x16GB) KLEVV CRAS XR RGB DDR4-3600 | Motherboard: Gigabyte B550I AORUS PRO AX | Storage: 512GB SKHynix PC401, 1TB Samsung 970 EVO Plus, 2x Micron 1100 256GB SATA SSDs | GPU: EVGA RTX 3080 FTW3 Ultra 10GB | Cooling: ThermalTake Floe 280mm w/ be quiet! Pure Wings 3 | Case: Sliger SM580 (Black) | PSU: Lian Li SP 850W

Server: CPU: AMD Ryzen 3 3100 | RAM: 32GB (2x16GB) Crucial DDR4 Pro | Motherboard: ASUS PRIME B550-PLUS AC-HES | Storage: 128GB Samsung PM961, 4TB Seagate IronWolf | GPU: AMD FirePro WX 3100 | Cooling: EK-AIO Elite 360 D-RGB | Case: Corsair 5000D Airflow (White) | PSU: Seasonic Focus GM-850

Miscellaneous: Dell Optiplex 7060 Micro (i5-8500T/16GB/512GB), Lenovo ThinkCentre M715q Tiny (R5 2400GE/16GB/256GB), Dell Optiplex 7040 SFF (i5-6400/8GB/128GB)

Because they don't want you to realise that your speeding, that way when your car gets permanently impounded for you will buy another one and then Toyota will make more money. 

Illuminati confirmed  

Hmmm...

2010-Honda-Insight-EX-0001.jpg

Looks like some engineer at Honda got a Pirus and Civic and started trading frame panels around
Spoiler

Corsair 400C- Intel i7 6700- Gigabyte Gaming 6- GTX 1080 Founders Ed. - Intel 530 120GB + 2xWD 1TB + Adata 610 256GB- 16GB 2400MHz G.Skill- Evga G2 650 PSU- Corsair H110- ASUS PB278Q- Dell u2412m- Logitech G710+ - Logitech g700 - Sennheiser PC350 SE/598se

Is it just me or is Grammar slowly becoming extinct on LTT? 

By the realease I will have my license, and this would be a sweet car to have! probs too expensive though.

// irenebb-pc v5 // [] Intel i5-9400F [] Radeon VII Lisa Su Edition [] 24GB Crucial Ballistix [] Acer ED323QUR (1440p/144hz) []

Because they don't want you to realise that your speeding, that way when your car gets permanently impounded for you will buy another one and then Toyota will make more money. 

Illuminati confirmed  

They're not the only ones

(I had one of these before for two months, and I never knew you could tilt the storage box backwards to hold drinks like that)

05x-trail_4.jpg

"Rawr XD"

Eh, at 1400 watts per square meter max, even with NASA grade solar panels I doubt you're even close to powering a real car. I do like the idea of either a hydrogen + battery hybrid or a natural gas + battery hybrid though.

I would buy it. 

Unless it was that or Volvo.

Also, another reason to live in Cali. 

5800X3D - RTX 4070 - 2K @ 165Hz

Who thought that bumper was a good idea?  Terrible

Sometimes I suspect Big Oil pays car companies to make their alternative fuel models ugly. 

Satan's buttcrack 4790K - MSI mpower ultramaxextreme AC - 16gb G.skillz Trident 2400 - ZLoLtac GTX 980  - Corsair H110 Overkill - Oculus Rift DK2 - Asus vg248qe7the144hzone

But it's Hydrogen. The most plentiful element ever.

Read below, there are more factors in play then "it" just being plentiful. It need to be economical, efficient with power conversion, and have a solid path for advancement. If we look at solar and battery tech, both are improving in experimental phases, we now have solar panels that can collect power even when its extraordinarily cloudy.

Eh, at 1400 watts per square meter max, even with NASA grade solar panels I doubt you're even close to powering a real car. I do like the idea of either a hydrogen + battery hybrid or a natural gas + battery hybrid though.

I didn't say anything about bolting solar panels onto cars. Solar Panel tech is improving at a pretty nice rate, solar companies like SolarCity(SCTY) and Vivint Solar(VSLR) are taking the lead.

The thing with Hydrogen is converting it requires more energy than it's able to produce right now. It's not a very economical solution, though companies like PLUG are pushing for it. 

EDIT: Oh oh and graphene may play a major roll in future battery tech!

Like watching Anime? Consider joining the unofficial LTT Anime Club Heaven Society~ ^.^