Oneplus starts digging! Ignores all RMA requests for One

XTankSlayerX

d2e617c3e8.jpg

Never Settle indeed!

=TalkAndroid.com=

If you decide to order a OnePlus One, you should hope that you get a flawless device the first time around. According to some comments on Reddit and the OnePlus forums, customers that received defective devices have been ignored when they tried to file RMAs to get the devices replaced.

One user’s device was having audio issues, and when he tried to contact OnePlus to have the problem fixed they sent a file to flash on the device that wiped the phone. Unfortunately, it didn’t fix the audio bug, either. When asked about exchanging the device or getting a refund, it was complete radio silence from OnePlus.

Unfortunately, that’s not the only instance, and there are some unanswered comments on the OnePlus forums with similar issues. To be clear, OnePlus isn’t intentionally sending out tons of defective units, but they’re completely dropping the ball in the support department.

=Reddit User: fonderwall=

I submitted a ticket to OnePlus describing my problem. The next day, they sent me a response - it had a batch file attached for me to run that they said would fix the problem. I'm pretty excited at this point, so I flash the file, following the provided instructions exactly. What the instructions did NOT tell me was that it would wipe my device, erasing all of my pictures, videos, etc. And after all that, it still didn't fix my problem. I sent another message stating what happened, and I was sent yet another batch file. Flashed that - still didn't work. Now I'm pretty angry - I cant keep wiping my daily driver. I sent yet another ticket just asking for a replacement device, or a refund. That was about a week and a half ago, and they haven't responded. Maybe I'm freaking out over nothing, but I'd like a "Hey, we'll get to you as soon as we can!" I'm comparing their customer service to Google, which I admittedly shouldnt do - I had a problem with my old nexus phone, and Google had a new one at my doorstep within 24 hours of my call. Should I just be giving them more time? It's a pretty big inconvenience at this point.

Thanks for your help.

OnePlus one Review by Scirca

The only problem with this thread is that yes, while other, more expensive phones were susceptible to the same problem as the OPO, regarding the yellow tint, the difference is that in most of the threads, the people talk about how their devices were replaced with functioning devices by their respective manufacturers. A screen is the most important part of the phone, and it's extremely childish for a company to be calling certain defects in their panels a "normal occurrence". Seriously? Normal in the sense it happens often, not normal in the sense that the screen is working in the way that it is intended to. BTW, not only am I referring to yellow screens, but to your pixel anomalies. The customer service has seriously been the only bad thing I can find with the phone, which is extremely infuriating, since it's an optimal part of the phone, and various companies with sub-par phones (*cough* Apple *cough*) has prided themselves in customer service and iPhones have been and will continue selling like hotcakes, I mean ffs my iPhone 5S was once replaced by them just because the screen was slightly elevated from the body.

Not matter how cheap this goes for, I agree with Scirca, don't but this phone. Customer Service is a big part of a company and it seems that OnePlus's is non existent.

Source(s): http://www.talkandroid.com/226665-oneplus-not-solving-issues-with-defective-devices-ignoring-rma-requests/

http://www.reddit.com/r/oneplus/comments/2m94c1/my_one_was_shipped_defective_oneplus_is_not/

Someone told Luke and Linus at CES 2017 to "Unban the legend known as Jerakl" and that's about all I've got going for me. (It didn't work)

guess thats what u pay for <_<

My Main Build: NZXT S340 - NZXT Kraken X31 - Crucial MX100 256GB - i5 4460 - Gigabyte Z97P D3 - Kingston HyperX Red 8GB - MSI Nvidia GTX 780 3GB - Corsair LL & HD RGB Fans, Corsair Lighting Node Pro. 

@XTankSlayerX, just trying to get the info in before anyone else are we? :P JK

ON A 7 MONTH BREAK FROM THESE LTT FORUMS. WILL BE BACK ON NOVEMBER 5th.

Advisor in the 'Displays' Sub-forum | Sony Vegas Pro Enthusiast & Advisor

Tech Tips Christian Fellowship Founder & Coordinator 

better get Expensive G3 Than A cheap OnePlus but sucks customer service

Current Build + Setup

AMD Ryzen 7 5700X | GIGABYTE B550 Aorus Pro v2 | CORSAIR Dominator Platinum 16gb 3600Mhz | GIGABYTE RTX 3070 AORUS MASTER OC 8 GB | NZXT H510 Elite | 2TB Seagate Barracuda 7200RPM | ADATA XPG GAMMIX S7 512GB M.2-2280 NVME | Corsair RM850 80+ Gold Modular PSU | NZXT Kraken X63 | Harman Kardon Soundstick 4 | Koorui 27E1Q

RIP 1+1.

NCASE M1 i5-9600k  GTX 1080 FE Z370N-WIFI SF600 NH-U9S LPX 32GB 960EVO

I'm a self-identifying Corsair Nvidia Fanboy; Get over it.

Early bird gets the worm!

Damn straight! :D

ON A 7 MONTH BREAK FROM THESE LTT FORUMS. WILL BE BACK ON NOVEMBER 5th.

Advisor in the 'Displays' Sub-forum | Sony Vegas Pro Enthusiast & Advisor

Tech Tips Christian Fellowship Founder & Coordinator 

how did people not see this whole one plus one buble bursting top of the line phone for 350.....there has to be a catch

"if nothing is impossible, try slamming a revolving door....." - unknown

my new rig bob https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/b/sGRG3C#cx710255

Kumaresh - "Judging whether something is alive by it's capability to live is one of the most idiotic arguments I've ever seen." - jan 2017

I knew it, oneplus one is a fucking shit company! I told you all not to buy it! They are china for effs sake

Computer Specifications:

AMD Ryzen 5 3600  Gigabyte B550M Aorus Elite | ADATA XPG SPECTRIX D50 32 GB 3600 MHz | Asus RTX 3060 KO Edition CoolerMaster Silencio S400 Klevv Cras C700 M.2 SSD 256GB 

1TB Crucial MX500 | 1 TB SanDisk SSD Corsair RM650W

Camera Equipment:

Camera Bodies: 

Olympus Pen-F Panasonic GH3 (Retired)

Lenses:

Sigma 30mm F1.4 | Sigma 16mm F1.4 | Sigma 19mm F2.8 | Laowa 17mm F1.8 | Olympus 45mm F1.8

I knew it, oneplus one is a fucking shit company! I told you all not to buy it! They are china for effs sake

So is Lenovo, and their laptops are about as durable as a tank.

Intel i7 5820K (4.5 GHz) | MSI X99A MPower | 32 GB Kingston HyperX Fury 2666MHz | Asus RoG STRIX GTX 1080ti OC | Samsung 951 m.2 nVME 512GB | Crucial MX200 1000GB | Western Digital Caviar Black 2000GB | Noctua NH-D15 | Fractal Define R5 | Seasonic 860 Platinum | Logitech G910 | Sennheiser 599 | Blue Yeti | Logitech G502

Nikon D500 | Nikon 300mm f/4 PF  | Nikon 200-500 f/5.6 | Nikon 50mm f/1.8 | Tamron 70-210 f/4 VCII | Sigma 10-20 f/3.5 | Nikon 17-55 f/2.8 | Tamron 90mm F2.8 SP Di VC USD Macro | Neewer 750II

So is Lenovo, and their laptops are about as durable as a tank.

Lenovo is different though, they don't have shit marketing, and are easier to buy, with better RMA

Uhh is that instant bias I see?

Yes.

Computer Specifications:

AMD Ryzen 5 3600  Gigabyte B550M Aorus Elite | ADATA XPG SPECTRIX D50 32 GB 3600 MHz | Asus RTX 3060 KO Edition CoolerMaster Silencio S400 Klevv Cras C700 M.2 SSD 256GB 

Camera Equipment:

Camera Bodies: 

Lenses:

Sigma 30mm F1.4 | Sigma 16mm F1.4 | Sigma 19mm F2.8 | Laowa 17mm F1.8 | Olympus 45mm F1.8

Lenovo is different though, they don't have shit marketing, and are easier to buy, with better RMA

Yes.

I'd tear down this post in many different ways but I'm too lazy so I'll just point out some areas...

Lenovo makes various different products and wasn't founded for the purpose of beating out other flagship phones. The OnePlus one is easy to buy to if you really want it... Preorders are ongoing.

So you have a bias on China made products. But when lenovo is mention you state they don't have shit marketing and are easy to obtain plus have good RMA service? Do you really have a bias against China made products or do you only hate bad China based companies? If so then how is that a bias?.... Everyone dislikes bad companies that provide bad services... Did you just say that because you felt more ppl would agree with your statement?

Like watching Anime? Consider joining the unofficial LTT Anime Club Heaven Society~ ^.^

I'd tear down this post in many different ways but I'm too lazy so I'll just point out some areas...

Lenovo makes various different products and wasn't founded for the purpose of beating out other flagship phones. The OnePlus one is easy to buy to if you really want it... Preorders are ongoing.

So you have a bias on China made products. But when lenovo is mention you state they don't have shit marketing and are easy to obtain plus have good RMA service? Do you really have a bias against China made products or do you only hate bad China based companies? If so then how is that a bias?.... Everyone dislikes bad companies that provide bad services... Did you just say that because you felt more ppl would agree with your statement?

No I don't hate china based companies, not all anyways, just a small hand full, like Oneplus, but I don't hate Oppo

Computer Specifications:

Camera Equipment:

Camera Bodies: 

Lenses:

No I don't hate china based companies, not all anyways, just a small hand full, like Oneplus, but I don't hate Oppo

But... Isn't Oneplus basically Oppo's sister company?

So if you don't dislike China based companies what's with the post?

Like watching Anime? Consider joining the unofficial LTT Anime Club Heaven Society~ ^.^

But... Isn't Oneplus basically Oppo's sister company?

So if you don't dislike China based companies what's with the post?

I just hate Oneplus, I mean I don't even hate apple as much as this hate fuelled inside of me

Computer Specifications:

Camera Equipment:

Camera Bodies: 

Lenses:

Meh, OnePlus used to make me wet. Not anymore. Using LiPo batteries which is not only dangerous but overkill for a smartphone with no real benefit, being sexist with the whole campaign thing, and then invite only for so long, and finally this.

But still I would still buy it if I was in need of an upgrade, just ain't so thrilled about the people behind the phone, rocking my S4 with CM11 M12 woot woot.

Meh, OnePlus used to make me wet. Not anymore. Using LiPo batteries which is not only dangerous but overkill for a smartphone with no real benefit, being sexist with the whole campaign thing, and then invite only for so long, and finally this.

But still I would still buy it if I was in need of an upgrade, just ain't so thrilled about the people behind the phone, rocking my S4 with CM11 M12 woot woot.

Lmao good way of showing love for a device.

Nothing really new. People on the Oneplus forums have said this several times in the past. It can take months to get your phone rma'd.
The general consensus is that your screwed if something goes wrong, but the majority of devices do run fine.

My acct for OPO was stolen and their customer support refused to help me recover it despite having previous emails/passwords. Really disappointing customer support.

proud owner of alienware 13 with graphic amplifier and also a alienware X51 gaming PC!!! really powerfulL!!

xoxo samantha <3

Why are we surprised their customer support sucks?

They are a brand new company, give it some time. This is literally their first product, i think you need to lower your expectations a touch

Specs: 4790k | Asus Z-97 Pro Wifi | MX100 512GB SSD | NZXT H440 Plastidipped Black | Dark Rock 3 CPU Cooler | MSI 290x Lightning | EVGA 850 G2 | 3x Noctua Industrial NF-F12's

Bought a powermac G5, expect a mod log sometime in 2015

Corsair is overrated, and Anime is ruined by the people who watch it

You'd probably be surprised as to how many things are actually made in China.

"It pays to keep an open mind, but not so open your brain falls out." - Carl Sagan.

"I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you" - Edward I. Koch