Dual Dell U2414H

Synyster

2wg65c5.jpg

I made a thread a week ago with a challenge to find a better monitor than the Dell U2412M, here.

The winner was the U2414H and I just got them today, so, I set them up and show anyone whose interested in them as well as answering questions or concerns they have - hopefully I can answer the question. 

Ask away fellow techies.

Sorry for the dim lighting - it was flash or no flash.

Dang nice monitors. I wish I had bezels that small on my PC.

Computing enthusiast. 
I use to be able to input a cheat code now I've got to input a credit card - Total Biscuit

@Synyster 

How is it for gaming? Like what games did you play so far, any noticeable blurring etc.?

I'm consider this one against the cheaper but otherwise almost similarly specced Asus VX239H.

Not sure if it's worth the extra 40 EUR and the 8ms GTG is kind of concerning. 

It does look really nice, sweet setup! :)

Bert & Ernie before squirting spermie. 

@Synyster 

How is it for gaming? Like what games did you play so far, any noticeable blurring etc.?

I'm consider this one against the cheaper but otherwise almost similarly specced Asus VX239H.

Not sure if it's worth the extra 40 EUR and the 8ms GTG is kind of concerning. 

It does look really nice, sweet setup! :)

Haven't done anything extreme with them yet. I'll probably do some gaming this weekend, console and PC. The screen has great vibrant colors though.

I wouldn't worry about the 8ms GTG, the U2412M had it and I only noticed slight blurring ect when playing Battle Field.

Portrait Mode... how are those vertical viewing angles?

Also... once you go glass desk, you never go back, amirite?

:)

Portrait Mode... how are those vertical viewing angles?

Also... once you go glass desk, you never go back, amirite?

:)

I don't know, I'll change it right now and see how it is.

I'm actually going to look into a new desk because this desk shakes when I type and it's driving me fucking insane. It sucks because I love this desk / set it's with but with what I'm doing, it's not ideal anymore. =/

You can see the whole desk and my old set up here: http://i61.tinypic.com/rjl72f.jpg

Haven't done anything extreme with them yet. I'll probably do some gaming this weekend, console and PC. The screen has great vibrant colors though.

I wouldn't worry about the 8ms GTG, the U2412M had it and I only noticed slight blurring ect when playing Battle Field.

Alrighty thanks! Loved to hear more about your experience after you've done some gaming sessions on it. 

Bert & Ernie before squirting spermie. 

I'm planning on eventually getting 3 :D

Nice desk.

Someone told Luke and Linus at CES 2017 to "Unban the legend known as Jerakl" and that's about all I've got going for me. (It didn't work)

I can't help but notice that the colour on those monitors looks kinda weird. The whites are quite yellow and the greys quite blueish. Is that how it is in person or is that just your rooms lighting conditions or camera?

@Synyster

ON A 7 MONTH BREAK FROM THESE LTT FORUMS. WILL BE BACK ON NOVEMBER 5th.

Advisor in the 'Displays' Sub-forum | Sony Vegas Pro Enthusiast & Advisor

Tech Tips Christian Fellowship Founder & Coordinator 

Alrighty thanks! Loved to hear more about your experience after you've done some gaming sessions on it. 

Yeah dude, might take a couple days, but I'll do it.

I'm planning on eventually getting 3 :D

Nice desk.

Shiiit, 3 would be too much for me, ha.

I can't help but notice that the colour on those monitors looks kinda weird. The whites are quite yellow and the greys quite blueish. Is that how it is in person or is that just your rooms lighting conditions or camera?

@Synyster

I haven't calibrated anything or changed the settings on anything yet. What you're seeing is a Paper mode at 75 brightness, 75 contrast. The vibrant-ness of the colors change with each setting, but yeah, there is a slight color notice in the white and gray's. It's not much though.

Shiiit, 3 would be too much for me, ha.

That'll be a couple years down the line, by then something better will probably be out though, so I'll stick to 1 for now :)

I can't get over how nice that desk it.

Someone told Luke and Linus at CES 2017 to "Unban the legend known as Jerakl" and that's about all I've got going for me. (It didn't work)

@Jerakl did you look at my post above of the whole set up?

@elkenrod literally cannot figure out how to get it into portrait mode...

@Geekazoid now that you mention is the yellow is quite noticeable. I'm wondering if it's a setting that can change it. Once your eyes adjust it looks white, but I can see it - hopefully this doesn't make me hate them.
*edit* Once I change the color settings to something else, the color completely changed!! I'll post a picture in a second.

Might go for Dell U2414H instead of Asus VN247H's for my tri-monitor setup :P

NCASE M1 i5-9600k  GTX 1080 FE Z370N-WIFI SF600 NH-U9S LPX 32GB 960EVO

I'm a self-identifying Corsair Nvidia Fanboy; Get over it.

I haven't calibrated anything or changed the settings on anything yet. What you're seeing is a Paper mode at 75 brightness, 75 contrast. The vibrant-ness of the colors change with each setting, but yeah, there is a slight color notice in the white and gray's. It's not much though.

Aah okay. Sorry, I'm just quite fussy about colour accuracy. You might even say a little OCD about it. :D

Might go for Dell U2414H instead of Asus VN247H's for my tri-monitor setup :P

IPS > TN

C'mon now.

Seriously, it's worth the extra money. Plus, the Height, Tilt, Swivel and Pivot is one of the biggest things I look for in a monitor.

Aah okay. Sorry, I'm just quite fussy about colour accuracy. You might even say a little OCD about it. :D

hwk07r.jpg

The left is Paper Mode the right is Game Mode on the presets.

So far the biggest complaint I have is the incredible annoying buttons to use the menu. Touch sensitive and they hardly register a touch. Thankfully I hardly need to use them.

@Jerakl @Geekazoid Now that you mention is the yellow is quite noticeable. I'm wondering if it's a setting that can change it. Once your eyes adjust it looks white, but I can see it - hopefully this doesn't make me hate them.

*edit* Once I change the color settings to something else, the color completely changed!! I'll post a picture in a second.

Alright! I'm not sure if it's still the case, but on must Dell monitors, unless you leave the contrast at 75% it will make whites look very yellow. Try to make sure that the contrast on each monitors OSD is set to 75 so that white is pure white. As for the colours, I'd try going to the user settings and adjusting the red, green and blue colours there, as this give more control over the colour accuracy. ;)

Alright! I'm not sure if it's still the case, but on must Dell monitors, unless you leave the contrast at 75% it will make whites look very yellow. Try to make sure that the contrast on each monitors OSD is set to 75 so that white is pure white. As for the colours, I'd try going to the user settings and adjusting the red, green and blue colours there, as this give more control over the colour accuracy. ;)

Should I always have contrast higher?

Check the post above this one, I posted a picture inside the spoiler.

hwk07r.jpg

The left is Paper Mode the right is Game Mode on the presets.

So far the biggest complaint I have is the incredible annoying buttons to use the menu. Touch sensitive and they hardly register a touch. Thankfully I hardly need to use them.

That's quite a drastic change. Looks much better now. :)

@Jerakl did you look at my post above of the whole set up?

If you mean from the picture of the monitors you posted, then yes. If not, I have no idea what you're talking about.

That's quite a drastic change. Looks much better now. :)

Yeah, so, it's still good =]

If you mean from the picture of the monitors you posted, then yes. If not, I have no idea what you're talking about.

http://i61.tinypic.com/rjl72f.jpg

This is what the entire set looks like. I'm currently only using the desk with the keyboard pull out.

Yeah, so, it's still good =]

This is what the entire set looks like. I'm currently only using the desk with the keyboard pull out.

Where did you get those desks/shelves as well as, what is that thing on the desk to the left. looks kinda like a test bench of sorts.

Should I always have contrast higher?

Well, unless Dell has fixed the problem (which was that if you set the contrast to just 1% up or down away from the default 75, whites would look instantly yellowish), then you should be right. Give it a try anyway on a white background, like this LTT site, and see if there's any noticeable change in whites.

Check the post above this one, I posted a picture inside the spoiler.

Yep, saw that and I replied to it already. ;)

That looks fantastic mate, even with just the part you're using. :)

Where did you get those desks/shelves as well as, what is that thing on the desk to the left. looks kinda like a test bench of sorts.

If I would guess... I would say someone is mixing some deep house