Zalman Z11 Neo: Aggressive but clean kinda

brownninja97

ZM-z11neo_eng_01.jpg

Not sure about this one, its got some improved internals but the exterior is odd, not as aggressive but its still aggressive and most aggressive cases have more airflow, this doesnt. Also they ditched those silly 40mm fans finally which make a bloomin racket but dont do anything, im happy that "feature" is gone. Anyways onto the actual overview (note the price hasnt changed, the front panel isnt brushed aluminium but it looks dangerously similar)

Z11NEO_kor_22.jpg

First up is the front IO and ill start with the thing you haven't noticed, the blue led under the power button is a sensor that makes the drive bay door go down or up which is nice so you dont have to vomit at the biege ODD you are using from 1995. Anyways there is two usb 2.0 and two usb 3.0 which is now using the 19 pin header(older versions are using the pass through cables BUT NO MORE I SAY). There is then the audio stuffs and the reset. 

Z11NEO_kor_18.jpg

This is that fancy touch system, it moves up and down, frankly i dont see the point for it but its a "feature" so yeah gg.

Z11NEO_kor_20.jpg

So there is a filter for the psu and dual filters for the dual intakes, but it brings up something i find confusing, where the hell is that top front intake drawing air from, there is just a plastic wall in front of it so modders you guys have fun. 

Z11NEO_kor_32.jpg

Rubber feat and rubber psu mount, just because there is action there doesnt need to be sound imma right or imma right. Also those feat will stop your psu from dying, to death. 

*engage yandere mode*= Its all good and well talking about the exterior BUT I WANT TO SEE ITS INSIDES *exits yandere mode* 

Z11NEO_kor_24.jpg

Pretty cookie cutter method for tooless installing(in which we all use tools anyways) but it serves its purpose regardless. Also look at the bottom you may see something you like, see it? SEE IT? Thats the missing rivets baby yeah you can remove both  drive cages for 240mm rads HELL YEAH. 

Z11NEO_kor_28.jpg

So i had to talk with zalman for a bit with this one which is why this didnt come out yesterday, you can remove all that crap in the front(but you will have to use ssds then or just put the hdd on top of the psu or something like that) and you can then use 240mm rads, they didnt mention it because they said some work some dont(they didnt go into detail). The psu can go over 250mm if you dont include that 120mm fan at the bottom of the case. You can install two ssds behind the mobo tray and one under the 5.25 platform. 

max gpu length : 320mm with bay, 400 without

max cooler length: 175mm, i dont need to give examples, everything fits.

Four stand offs are pre-installed because i said so.

Z11NEO_kor_08.jpg

So the 40mm are gone but there are now 80mm fans so there is a total of 5 fans in this case. I dont need to say anything about that, its awesome regardless. 

Z11NEO_kor_16.jpg

The window is clear, no tints but it gives you an example of what you will see, some people are fans of the embossed window some arent but it helps for coolers so theres that. 

Z11NEO_kor_35.jpg

This is the stuff which comes with it and thank the gods that they give that cpu extension cable still, its awesome however ive not used it for this case as pretty much all psus are fine with length either way its a nice addition. 

Pricing:

UK: £45-£50(depending on what part of the uk you are in)

US: $60

Euro: unknown

http://www.zalman.co.kr/global/product/Product_Read.php?Idx=935

http://www.techpowerup.com/206683/zalman-outs-z11-neo-mid-tower-case.html

http://hexus.net/tech/news/chassis/76413-zalman-launches-z11-neo-atx-mid-tower-chassis/

http://www.overclock3d.net/articles/cases_cooling/zalman_z11_neo_mid-tower_case/1

http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/241135-zalman-z11-neo-aggressive-but-clean-kinda/ 

cpu: intel i5 4670k @ 4.5ghz Ram: G skill ares 2x4gb 2166mhz cl10 Gpu: GTX 680 liquid cooled cpu cooler: Raijintek ereboss Mobo: gigabyte z87x ud5h psu: cm gx650 bronze Case: Zalman Z9 plus

Listen if you care.

Cpu: intel i7 4770k @ 4.2ghz Ram: G skill  ripjaws 2x4gb Gpu: nvidia gtx 970 cpu cooler: akasa venom voodoo Mobo: G1.Sniper Z6 Psu: XFX proseries 650w Case: Zalman H1

It looks so much better than the older model, but at the same time, it still looks ghastly to me.

What do they know of England, who only England know?

"Well that's what I always said I wanted to be remembered for, for being honest. Nothing else is worth a damn"

It looks so much better than the older model, but at the same time, it still looks ghastly to me.

tbh I like the design of mine better. Not a big fan of huge blank slate on the front.

"Rawr XD"

tbh I like the design of mine better. Not a big fan of huge blank slate on the front.

That's what I like about it. Then again, I do have a Define R4. 

What do they know of England, who only England know?

"Well that's what I always said I wanted to be remembered for, for being honest. Nothing else is worth a damn"

:o A new Z11?!?!!?

Maybe I will buy it, the original Z11+ was my first case.

Main Rig: CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 5800X | RAM: 32GB (2x16GB) KLEVV CRAS XR RGB DDR4-3600 | Motherboard: Gigabyte B550I AORUS PRO AX | Storage: 512GB SKHynix PC401, 1TB Samsung 970 EVO Plus, 2x Micron 1100 256GB SATA SSDs | GPU: EVGA RTX 3080 FTW3 Ultra 10GB | Cooling: ThermalTake Floe 280mm w/ be quiet! Pure Wings 3 | Case: Sliger SM580 (Black) | PSU: Lian Li SP 850W

Server: CPU: AMD Ryzen 3 3100 | RAM: 32GB (2x16GB) Crucial DDR4 Pro | Motherboard: ASUS PRIME B550-PLUS AC-HES | Storage: 128GB Samsung PM961, 4TB Seagate IronWolf | GPU: AMD FirePro WX 3100 | Cooling: EK-AIO Elite 360 D-RGB | Case: Corsair 5000D Airflow (White) | PSU: Seasonic Focus GM-850

Miscellaneous: Dell Optiplex 7060 Micro (i5-8500T/16GB/512GB), Lenovo ThinkCentre M715q Tiny (R5 2400GE/16GB/256GB), Dell Optiplex 7040 SFF (i5-6400/8GB/128GB)

:o A new Z11?!?!!?

Maybe I will buy it, the original Z11+ was my first case.

Still using mine

"Rawr XD"

Still using mine

I couldn't, even if I wanted to. It just didn't support the hardware I was putting in it. Not to mention the airflow was meh.

Cool looking it was though.

Main Rig: CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 5800X | RAM: 32GB (2x16GB) KLEVV CRAS XR RGB DDR4-3600 | Motherboard: Gigabyte B550I AORUS PRO AX | Storage: 512GB SKHynix PC401, 1TB Samsung 970 EVO Plus, 2x Micron 1100 256GB SATA SSDs | GPU: EVGA RTX 3080 FTW3 Ultra 10GB | Cooling: ThermalTake Floe 280mm w/ be quiet! Pure Wings 3 | Case: Sliger SM580 (Black) | PSU: Lian Li SP 850W

Server: CPU: AMD Ryzen 3 3100 | RAM: 32GB (2x16GB) Crucial DDR4 Pro | Motherboard: ASUS PRIME B550-PLUS AC-HES | Storage: 128GB Samsung PM961, 4TB Seagate IronWolf | GPU: AMD FirePro WX 3100 | Cooling: EK-AIO Elite 360 D-RGB | Case: Corsair 5000D Airflow (White) | PSU: Seasonic Focus GM-850

Miscellaneous: Dell Optiplex 7060 Micro (i5-8500T/16GB/512GB), Lenovo ThinkCentre M715q Tiny (R5 2400GE/16GB/256GB), Dell Optiplex 7040 SFF (i5-6400/8GB/128GB)

I would like to see the white wersion of it. I hope they will come up with white version at least.

hmmm I still like the look of my Z9 a bit more, those 2 fin like structures look odd

"Great minds discuss ideas; average minds discuss events; small minds discuss people."

Main rig:

i7-4790 - 24GB RAM - GTX 970 - Samsung 840 240GB Evo - 2x 2TB Seagate. - 4 monitors - G710+ - G600 - Zalman Z9U3

Other devices

Oneplus One 64GB Sandstone

Surface Pro 3 - i7 - 256Gb

Surface RT

Server:

SuperMicro something - Xeon e3 1220 V2 - 12GB RAM - 16TB of Seagates 

Thats the first Zalman case ive seen that looks pretty decent

Look at the zalman h1, one of the cheapest they made and one of the best

cpu: intel i5 4670k @ 4.5ghz Ram: G skill ares 2x4gb 2166mhz cl10 Gpu: GTX 680 liquid cooled cpu cooler: Raijintek ereboss Mobo: gigabyte z87x ud5h psu: cm gx650 bronze Case: Zalman Z9 plus

Listen if you care.

Cpu: intel i7 4770k @ 4.2ghz Ram: G skill  ripjaws 2x4gb Gpu: nvidia gtx 970 cpu cooler: akasa venom voodoo Mobo: G1.Sniper Z6 Psu: XFX proseries 650w Case: Zalman H1

I would like to see the white wersion of it. I hope they will come up with white version at least.

Not happening, I asked about colours and they said that it would increase the price to the above tier which isnt the market they are aiming for

Listen if you care.

You could say it's a "thug in a tie". 

Lu_Bu_Job_Costume_(DW8_DLC).jpg

LU BU APPROVES

Listen if you care.

That's not what I was referencing.

Lu_Bu_Job_Costume_(DW8_DLC).jpg

LU BU STILL APPROVES

Listen if you care.

I actually really do like this. I have the Z11 Plus (not in use), but a lot of the design features could have been worked on. Zalman worked on them and made a really good mid size case, wish I got this first.

It's like the badass-ness of the original Z11, but with a clean, respectable look. 

if you have to insist you think for yourself, i'm not going to believe you.

Look at the zalman h1, one of the cheapest they made and one of the best

Eh, I like my raijintek agos apart from the fact that i got de rivet it :(

Steve

I actually really do like this. I have the Z11 Plus (not in use), but a lot of the design features could have been worked on. Zalman worked on them and made a really good mid size case, wish I got this first.

It's like the badass-ness of the original Z11, but with a clean, respectable look. 

So what you are saying is that this case is like the moment i shave, no my god.

Listen if you care.

Zalamn cases are so stupid but soo cool

Like the one with the moving fins like the dumb alienware desktops used to have.

muh specs 

Gaming and HTPC (reparations)- ASUS 1080, MSI X99A SLI Plus, 5820k- 4.5GHz @ 1.25v, asetek based 360mm AIO, RM 1000x, 16GB memory, 750D with front USB 2.0 replaced with 3.0  ports, 2 250GB 850 EVOs in Raid 0 (why not, only has games on it), some hard drives

Screens- Acer preditor XB241H (1080p, 144Hz Gsync), LG 1080p ultrawide, (all mounted) directly wired to TV in other room

Stuff- k70 with reds, steel series rival, g13, full desk covering mouse mat

All parts black

Workstation(desk)- 3770k, 970 reference, 16GB of some crucial memory, a motherboard of some kind I don't remember, Micomsoft SC-512N1-L/DVI, CM Storm Trooper (It's got a handle, can you handle that?), 240mm Asetek based AIO, Crucial M550 256GB (upgrade soon), some hard drives, disc drives, and hot swap bays

Screens- 3  ASUS VN248H-P IPS 1080p screens mounted on a stand, some old tv on the wall above it. 

Stuff- Epicgear defiant (solderless swappable switches), g600, moutned mic and other stuff. 

Laptop docking area- 2 1440p korean monitors mounted, one AHVA matte, one samsung PLS gloss (very annoying, yes). Trashy Razer blackwidow chroma...I mean like the J key doesn't click anymore. I got a model M i use on it to, but its time for a new keyboard. Some edgy Utechsmart mouse similar to g600. Hooked to laptop dock for both of my dell precision laptops. (not only docking area)

Shelf- i7-2600 non-k (has vt-d), 380t, some ASUS sandy itx board, intel quad nic. Currently hosts shared files, setting up as pfsense box in VM. Also acts as spare gaming PC with a 580 or whatever someone brings. Hooked into laptop dock area via usb switch

imo the case looks a bit...confused is the word I'd use. It's like someone was dressing up to go for a formal, but then found out they were actually going to a slipknot concert and had to makeshift something hardcore out of their suit. (bad analogy but whatever)

Home is where the heart my desktop is.

Last Zalman product I ever bought, Reserator ~2005, never forget:

11-04-05_1746_155odprh.jpg

It didn't take it long to ruin my rig. And their other products I used were flawed too. I still see no reason to start trusting this brand again.

This is LTT. One cannot force "style over substance" values & agenda on people that actually aren't afraid to pop the lid off their electronic devices, which happens to be the most common denominator of this community. Rather than take shots at this community in every post, why not seek out like-minded individuals elsewhere?

Last Zalman product I ever bought, Reserator ~2005, never forget:

11-04-05_1746_155odprh.jpg

It didn't take it long to ruin my rig. And their other products I used were flawed too. I still see no reason to start trusting this brand again.

Oh those were indeed terrible. Terrible concept, quality, and execution. 

muh specs 

Gaming and HTPC (reparations)- ASUS 1080, MSI X99A SLI Plus, 5820k- 4.5GHz @ 1.25v, asetek based 360mm AIO, RM 1000x, 16GB memory, 750D with front USB 2.0 replaced with 3.0  ports, 2 250GB 850 EVOs in Raid 0 (why not, only has games on it), some hard drives

Screens- Acer preditor XB241H (1080p, 144Hz Gsync), LG 1080p ultrawide, (all mounted) directly wired to TV in other room

Stuff- k70 with reds, steel series rival, g13, full desk covering mouse mat

All parts black

Workstation(desk)- 3770k, 970 reference, 16GB of some crucial memory, a motherboard of some kind I don't remember, Micomsoft SC-512N1-L/DVI, CM Storm Trooper (It's got a handle, can you handle that?), 240mm Asetek based AIO, Crucial M550 256GB (upgrade soon), some hard drives, disc drives, and hot swap bays

Screens- 3  ASUS VN248H-P IPS 1080p screens mounted on a stand, some old tv on the wall above it. 

Stuff- Epicgear defiant (solderless swappable switches), g600, moutned mic and other stuff. 

Laptop docking area- 2 1440p korean monitors mounted, one AHVA matte, one samsung PLS gloss (very annoying, yes). Trashy Razer blackwidow chroma...I mean like the J key doesn't click anymore. I got a model M i use on it to, but its time for a new keyboard. Some edgy Utechsmart mouse similar to g600. Hooked to laptop dock for both of my dell precision laptops. (not only docking area)

Shelf- i7-2600 non-k (has vt-d), 380t, some ASUS sandy itx board, intel quad nic. Currently hosts shared files, setting up as pfsense box in VM. Also acts as spare gaming PC with a 580 or whatever someone brings. Hooked into laptop dock area via usb switch