Apple beats Bose out of their retail/online stores

Victorious Secret

45709-22867-6.jpg

In a move that surprises, roughly, no one. I would hope so at any rate. Apple was none too pleased with how Bose won out the NFL sponsorship contract from Motorola, and that the NFL was fining players who didn't wear Bose/wore Beats products. 

You might be thinking this is stupid, but when the NFL accepted Bose's contract, the PA accepted it automatically. The NFL enforces these fines via the contracts. Just how things are. The issue also is that some players have Beats sponsorships, like Colin Kaepernick, so things get awkward. 

Bose and Apple have had a long standing retail relationship, and while I'm expecting DAE BOSE IS OVERPRICED SHITE comments here, Bose actually made some great stuff. Their sound docks are pretty good, the sound cancellation tech is amazing (no really, that stuff is) and for the most part, their professional grade stuff is still pretty good. Beats on the other hand has always been branding and hype, the less said about sound quality the better. 

It all seems childish. If Apple wanted to, they could've earned the contract with the NFL. They didn't, and now they've gone full scorched Earth on Bose as, what I can only call retribution. Yanking Bose out of the storefronts will be pretty brutal for sales, Apple stores are retail sales goldmines for the amount of traffic they generate. 

Curious to see what Bose has to say in return. 

You can't buy Bose products from Apple's online store anymore. As spotted by 9to5Mac, headphones from Bose's QuietComfort series and speakers including the SoundLink Mini and SoundLink III have completely vanished from Apple's web storefront. A search for "Bose" now points you to refurbished Apple routers and other non-related items. Presumably Bose's lineup will soon make an exit from retail stores, if products haven't been pulled down from shelves already. The abrupt disappearance comes amid a growing rivalry between Apple, which now owns Beats headphones, and Bose, another headphone manufacturer. Last week, MacRumors reported that Apple would soon remove all things Bose from its shelves. And now it's happened.

Starting with the 2014 NFL season, Bose has secured a high-profile sponsorship deal with the league that's seen Beats' recognizable gear banned from game day interviews and other on-camera appearances. Quarterback Colin Kaepernick was fined $10,000 this month for wearing Beats headphones and has since come up with an old-fashioned workaround to avoid further penalties.

http://www.theverge.com/2014/10/17/6995403/apple-removes-bose-products-from-store

Regardless of the NFL contract, it still would have happened. You don't just sell a competitors product... 

X-10 - 7980XE - Gigabyte Aorous Gaming 9 - 128GB GSkill TridentZ RGB - SLI Asus GTX 1080 TI Strix
Easy Desk GuideMalware Removal Guide - New mobo, Same OS Guide

Unsuprising, and not unexpected. All I know is that I never would have considered buying their products in the first place.

Main Rig: CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 5800X | RAM: 32GB (2x16GB) KLEVV CRAS XR RGB DDR4-3600 | Motherboard: Gigabyte B550I AORUS PRO AX | Storage: 512GB SKHynix PC401, 1TB Samsung 970 EVO Plus, 2x Micron 1100 256GB SATA SSDs | GPU: EVGA RTX 3080 FTW3 Ultra 10GB | Cooling: ThermalTake Floe 280mm w/ be quiet! Pure Wings 3 | Case: Sliger SM580 (Black) | PSU: Lian Li SP 850W

Server: CPU: AMD Ryzen 3 3100 | RAM: 32GB (2x16GB) Crucial DDR4 Pro | Motherboard: ASUS PRIME B550-PLUS AC-HES | Storage: 128GB Samsung PM961, 4TB Seagate IronWolf | GPU: AMD FirePro WX 3100 | Cooling: EK-AIO Elite 360 D-RGB | Case: Corsair 5000D Airflow (White) | PSU: Seasonic Focus GM-850

Miscellaneous: Dell Optiplex 7060 Micro (i5-8500T/16GB/512GB), Lenovo ThinkCentre M715q Tiny (R5 2400GE/16GB/256GB), Dell Optiplex 7040 SFF (i5-6400/8GB/128GB)

I do like Bose. They actually make decent products. I don't own any cuz they are expensive and also are not what I have been looking for but they are good. Very light and comfy headphones with great cancelation.

Well, it was probably going to happen anyway since apple bought beats.

Beats don't sound that bad.

Sound: Custom one pros, Audioengine A5+ with S8 sub.

K70 RGB

Bound to happen sooner or later I guess. Let's hope it doesn't lead to proprietary audio jacks in Apple/Beats products.

[spoiler=pc specs:]cpu: i5-4670k | mobo: z87-pro | cpu cooler: h100i | ram: 8gb vengeance pro | gpu: gtx770 ftw 4gb | case: nzxt switch 810 matte black | storage: 240gb ssd; 1tb hdd | psu: 750w corsair rm |
keyboards: max nighthawk x8 mx brown + blue led; corsair k60 mx red; ducky shine 3 tkl mx blue + orange led | mouse: deathadder black edition | audio: FiiO E10; sennheiser hd558; grado sr80i; sony mdr-nc200d; blue snowball |

Beats don't sound that bad.

*Monster don't sound that bad. 

Its ironic, all that engineering that Monster did went to waste when Beats wanted bass and nothing but bass. If thats what you want in a headphone, all the power to you. 

Monster's own headphones however? Things like the Turbines and Turbine Pros? Those things got some seriously smashing and competitive reviews/price points. They were worthy alternatives to stuff that Shure et al offered. 

This is business as usual. Apple has their own brand to sell. Who the fuck cares. This shit happens in every business everyday. 

Some people like to make a big deal for their love or hate for Apple.

To be honest, I am more interested to see if apple start chasing companies that sell beats lookalike products,  when they were dre's thing he didn't seem to care or if he did it was more a badge of honor that people were copying him, however apple are a serious business that don't have the same street mentality.  

Grammar and spelling is not indicative of intelligence/knowledge.  Not having the same opinion does not always mean lack of understanding.  

"Apple thought that 2 mediocre over priced products was redundant." 

Sound: Custom one pros, Audioengine A5+ with S8 sub.

K70 RGB

Well thats odd and funny, not sure if i should laugh

cpu: intel i5 4670k @ 4.5ghz Ram: G skill ares 2x4gb 2166mhz cl10 Gpu: GTX 680 liquid cooled cpu cooler: Raijintek ereboss Mobo: gigabyte z87x ud5h psu: cm gx650 bronze Case: Zalman Z9 plus

Listen if you care.

Cpu: intel i7 4770k @ 4.2ghz Ram: G skill  ripjaws 2x4gb Gpu: nvidia gtx 970 cpu cooler: akasa venom voodoo Mobo: G1.Sniper Z6 Psu: XFX proseries 650w Case: Zalman H1

To be honest, I am more interested to see if apple start chasing companies that sell beats lookalike products,  when they were dre's thing he didn't seem to care or if he did it was more a badge of honor that people were copying him, however apple are a serious business that don't have the same street mentality.  

Are you crazy?

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/thr-esq/dr-dres-beats-sues-headphones-420438

Good for Apple. Bose sucks, but so do Beats.

Hopefully Apple takes Beats into a realm of actual quality.

When Jony Ive gets his hands on them, ooooh my :D Maybe even include Beats earbuds with new products? That would boost popularity 1000x

When Jony Ive gets his hands on them, ooooh my :D Maybe even include Beats earbuds with new products? That would boost popularity 1000x

Beats earbuds suck. The only headphone they're selling worth a damn right now is the Solo 2. It actually has good sound quality.

Beats earbuds suck. The only headphone they're selling worth a damn right now is the Solo 2. It actually has good sound quality.

My point exactly.

Bose though! Their SoundLink Mini is the size of a stapler but is SO FUCKING SOLID. It's like 5 pounds and aluminum! Apple needs to get on that bandwagon.

My point exactly.

Bose though! Their SoundLink Mini is the size of a stapler but is SO FUCKING SOLID. It's like 5 pounds and aluminum! Apple needs to get on that bandwagon.

Apple is on that bandwagon. Haven't you lifted an aluminum MacBook>

Apple is on that bandwagon. Haven't you lifted an aluminum MacBook>

Duh, read my sig ;)

I meant with Beats; I don't want them to keep making the same cruddy headphones. Let Jony get his hands on them!

Bose is for people who want true, crisp sounding audio.

Beats is a fashion statement.

Call it what you will, but I love Bose. Sure they are expensive, but you sure get what you pay for, its well worth the money.

Not sure if Apple will merge the two products or offer one product with another.

Apple is far too uniform to offer beats earbuds with lets say the iPhone. But I could easily see discounts such as "buy an iPhone, get $50 off your Beats".

The studios are good as well. The better sound quality comes from Beats separating from monster a couple years ago. The in ear buds haven't been updated since hence the lesser sound quality but they are probably next. Anyone saying beats are overpriced in this thread should go in headfi. They aren't anymore.

The studios are good as well. The better sound quality comes from Beats separating from monster a couple years ago. The in ear buds haven't been updated since hence the lesser sound quality but they are probably next. Anyone saying beats are overpriced in this thread should go in headfi. They aren't anymore.

Yeah the Head Fi people don't seem to hate them anymore.