Holy Crap ! (gtx 970)

So i just got My Gigabyte GTX970 in the mail :D

I slammed it in my pc not even worried about the cable manage mentor anything , re-installed the drivers for it and fired up some games

and this is where the title comes in lol , HOLY CRAP this 970 is a beast , i havent done any OC'ing yet and it still manages to run BF4 maxed out at 1080p , no AA but the resolution scale was set at %150 and it stayed above 60 fps all the time , i played bf4 for 3 hours lol

then i tried Hitman Absolution , a rather intensive game , again i maxed it out and it stayed about 80fps all the time , played that for 2 hours without realizing it lol

has anyone got any game requests for me too test the 970 on ? if i have the game you ask for i will play it for an hour or so and give you an fps number , maxed out of course :D

but i am really glad i upgraded from 660 sli setup , way more stable FPS and alot smoother too , and less heat dumped into my case lol ( CPU cooling issue )

if anyone reading this is uming and aring about a 970 i say go for it , amazing price to performance 

EDIT : My Gigabyte card reached 63c while playing bf4 for 3 hours pinned at 99%

My Pc Specs

CPU : AMD FX-8350 @stock w/Noctua NH D-14   Mobo: Asus M5A99FX    Ram : 16gb Corsair XMS3 @1600mhz    GPU : Gigabyte GTX970 Windforce OC 4GB @1429mhz   SSD: Sandisk X110 256gb    Case: Be Quiet Silent Base 800 Windowed  PSU: EVGA 850w g2  Peripherals : Corsair K70 w/Red Switches , Logitech G502 , Samsung SyncMaster S22B300 (1920x1080) , Ttesports Shock one headset , Phone : HTC one A9

Sweet, the Gigabyte looks nice but that STRIX (same for the 980) is damn sexy

DESKTOP - Motherboard - Gigabyte GA-Z77X-D3H Processor - Intel Core i5-2500K @ Stock 1.135v Cooling - Cooler Master Hyper TX3 RAM - Kingston Hyper-X Fury White 4x4GB DDR3-1866 Graphics Card - MSI GeForce GTX 780 Lightning PSU - Seasonic M12II EVO Edition 850w  HDD -  WD Caviar  Blue 500GB (Boot Drive)  /  WD Scorpio Black 750GB (Games Storage) / WD Green 2TB (Main Storage) Case - Cooler Master 335U Elite OS - Microsoft Windows 7 Ultimate

So i just got My Gigabyte GTX970 in the mail :D

I slammed it in my pc not even worried about the cable manage mentor anything , re-installed the drivers for it and fired up some games

and this is where the title comes in lol , HOLY CRAP this 970 is a beast , i havent done any OC'ing yet and it still manages to run BF4 maxed out at 1080p , no AA but the resolution scale was set at %150 and it stayed above 60 fps all the time , i played bf4 for 3 hours lol

then i tried Hitman Absolution , a rather intensive game , again i maxed it out and it stayed about 80fps all the time , played that for 2 hours without realizing it lol

has anyone got any game requests for me too test the 970 on ? if i have the game you ask for i will play it for an hour or so and give you an fps number , maxed out of course :D

but i am really glad i upgraded from 660 sli setup , way more stable FPS and alot smoother too , and less heat dumped into my case lol ( CPU cooling issue )

if anyone reading this is uming and aring about a 970 i say go for it , amazing price to performance 

EDIT : My Gigabyte card reached 63c while playing bf4 for 3 hours pinned at 99%

minecraft? and remember to follow your posts and quote the person your replying too

Spoiler

My system is the Dell Inspiron 15 5559 Microsoft Signature Edition

The Austrailian king of LTT said that I'm awesome and a funny guy. the greatest psu list known to man DDR3 ram guide

i got 477 posts in my first 30 days on LinusTechTips.com

Function over form. Mine reaches only 65C max with a 1500MHz OC (After a few hours of Valley, it usually hovers around 61-63 for valley). I really do not see why people say the Gigabyte G1 GTX 970 is so overpriced. It's so damn worth its money.

Edit: I really don't see why people adore the strix so much.

RIG: I7-4790k @ 4.5GHz | MSI Z97S SLI Plus | 12GB Geil Dragon RAM 1333MHz | Gigabyte G1 Gaming GTX 970 (1550MHz core/7800MHz memory) @ +18mV(Maxed out at 1650/7800 so far) | Corsair RM750 | Samsung 840 EVO 120GB, 1TB Seagate Barracuda | Fractal Design Arc Midi R2 (Closed) | Sound Blaster Z                                                                                                                        Getting: Noctua NH-D15 | Possible 250GB Samsung 850 Evo                                                                                        Need a console killer that actually shits on every console? Here you go (No MIR/Promo)

This is why you should not get an FX CPU for ANY scenario other than rendering on a budget http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/286142-fx-8350-r9-290-psu-requirements/?p=3892901 http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/266481-an-issue-with-people-bashing-the-fx-cpus/?p=3620861

I would really love the 970 strix, but I think it was the backplate or something, but the ek 670 dc2 block has an issue with it. 

Function over form. Mine reaches only 65C max with a 1500MHz OC (After a few hours of Valley, it usually hovers around 61-63 for valley). I really do not see why people say the Gigabyte G1 GTX 970 is so overpriced. It's so damn worth its money.

That is what I love about the new Maxwell architecture, I can't believe how much they clock to and still achieve good temperatures.

DESKTOP - Motherboard - Gigabyte GA-Z77X-D3H Processor - Intel Core i5-2500K @ Stock 1.135v Cooling - Cooler Master Hyper TX3 RAM - Kingston Hyper-X Fury White 4x4GB DDR3-1866 Graphics Card - MSI GeForce GTX 780 Lightning PSU - Seasonic M12II EVO Edition 850w  HDD -  WD Caviar  Blue 500GB (Boot Drive)  /  WD Scorpio Black 750GB (Games Storage) / WD Green 2TB (Main Storage) Case - Cooler Master 335U Elite OS - Microsoft Windows 7 Ultimate

I adore the zotac one(non amp) because the reference pcb. 

Strix is a gimmick imo, Gigabyte ftw

"Rawr XD"

minecraft? and remember to follow your posts and quote the person your replying too

my bro was playing it earlier on my PC he has it modded to high hell , but he was getting around 90-100fps i think , ill ask him when he gets home to make sure tho :)

My Pc Specs

CPU : AMD FX-8350 @stock w/Noctua NH D-14   Mobo: Asus M5A99FX    Ram : 16gb Corsair XMS3 @1600mhz    GPU : Gigabyte GTX970 Windforce OC 4GB @1429mhz   SSD: Sandisk X110 256gb    Case: Be Quiet Silent Base 800 Windowed  PSU: EVGA 850w g2  Peripherals : Corsair K70 w/Red Switches , Logitech G502 , Samsung SyncMaster S22B300 (1920x1080) , Ttesports Shock one headset , Phone : HTC one A9

Strix is a gimmick imo, Gigabyte ftw

I wouldn't go as far as saying it is a gimick but certainly not priced as good as the others but honestly I do like the new MSI cooler but I keep comparing TF V with my GTX 660's TF IV and I can't decide which I think is nicer. Obviously TF V is the newer generation and should perform better.

my bro was playing it earlier on my PC he has it modded to high hell , but he was getting around 90-100fps i think , ill ask him when he gets home to make sure tho :)

ok what about the least intensive game you have other than minecraft

Spoiler

The Austrailian king of LTT said that I'm awesome and a funny guy. the greatest psu list known to man DDR3 ram guide

mine isnt the G1 Gaming edition :D , i have the normal Windforce 3 cooler on mine but it still cools amazingly well , as for the back plate , im gonna make my own soon :D

My Pc Specs

mine isnt the G1 Gaming edition :D

Maaawww, shame :C

RIG: I7-4790k @ 4.5GHz | MSI Z97S SLI Plus | 12GB Geil Dragon RAM 1333MHz | Gigabyte G1 Gaming GTX 970 (1550MHz core/7800MHz memory) @ +18mV(Maxed out at 1650/7800 so far) | Corsair RM750 | Samsung 840 EVO 120GB, 1TB Seagate Barracuda | Fractal Design Arc Midi R2 (Closed) | Sound Blaster Z                                                                                                                        Getting: Noctua NH-D15 | Possible 250GB Samsung 850 Evo                                                                                        Need a console killer that actually shits on every console? Here you go (No MIR/Promo)

This is why you should not get an FX CPU for ANY scenario other than rendering on a budget http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/286142-fx-8350-r9-290-psu-requirements/?p=3892901 http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/266481-an-issue-with-people-bashing-the-fx-cpus/?p=3620861

ok what about the least intensive game you have other than minecraft

Haha that would be my modded underground 2 , about 30% GPU usage , and a solid 120 fps lol

My Pc Specs

All you people with new graphics cards and i am playing on a non overclocked potato with a radeon hd 5670 

Save a little money and get a nice little GTX 750, should be a nice upgrade compared to that :)

Haha that would be my modded underground 2 , about 30% GPU usage , and a solid 120 fps lol

ok how about an assassins creed game which ever one you have if you have one

Spoiler

Save a little money and get a nice little GTX 750, should be a nice upgrade compared to that :)

yeah, as much i would love to and have the money, i would need to upgrade the rest of my rig to avoid bottlenecking and my parents wouldn't let me :(

yeah, as much i would love to and have the money, i would need to upgrade the rest of my rig to avoid bottlenecking and my parents wouldn't let me :(

but you have dual xeons how would they bottleneck the 970

Spoiler

they are so old i cant find the model number anywhere

ok just upgrade the gpu when you can and then later on upgrade the cpu and motherboard and ram

Spoiler

Skyrim with an ENB and a few graphic mods?

yea i was gonna get my bro to do this ( i dont play skyrim ) but for some reason his ENB dosent like the new Nvidia drivers , i will test it when he fixes it tonight :)

My Pc Specs