Corsair Returns The Sails Logo

Dicehunter

Looks like that petition that everyone said wouldn't work, Worked.

Corsair are keeping the Vengeance line it seems, Although I can't help but think it was all a little overboard and drama queened for 1 tiny little logo rolleyes.gif

Here is the official statement from Corsair that i received at 7:33 pm from CorsairGeorge:

"Hello all,
Last week we pointed out the availability of a Vengeance K70 and Vengeance K70 RGB keyboards with red switches for fans of our Corsair “sails” logo. We have since rolled up our sleeves to see just how many additional “sails” logo versions we can add to our line. The answer is 11 configurations which were based on requests we’ve received. We also added a matching M65 RGB mouse.
• Vengeance K70 RGB - Cherry MX red – US, UK, Nordic (US now, UK/Nordic available late November)
• Vengeance K70 RGB - Cherry MX brown – US, UK (available late November)
• Vengeance K95 RGB - Cherry MX red – US, UK (available late November)
• Vengeance K70 - Cherry MX red – US, UK (available mid October)
• Vengeance K70 - Cherry MX brown – US, UK (available mid October)
• M65 RGB – black (late November)
Both Corsair Gaming and Vengeance branded products are made to the same level of precision and are awesome. We promise."

Thank you Corsair for listening to your loyal customers.

Source - http://www.change.org/p/corsair-comp...n_update_email

Battle.Net - Dicehunter#2746

Origin - Dicehunter

Steam - Dicehunter

Uplay - Dicehunter

Congrats, at least Corsair is considerate enough to change stuff for their fans :)

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

Oh man, sucks for my brother, he just bought the K95 RGB with the tramp-stamp :P I'm glad Corsair listened to us, it really makes me love them even more than I already do.

Intel Core i7-5820K (4.4 GHz) | Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 Gaming | Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB  | 2x 360mm Custom Loop (Noctua iPPC) | ASRock X99 Extreme6 | Samsung 840 EVO 250GB | Fractal Design Define S | Corsair HX750 | Windows 10 | Corsair M65 RGB PRO | Corsair K70 RGB LUX (CherryMX Brown) | Beyerdynamic Custom One Pro & Creative Sound Blaster Z | Nexus 6P (32GB Aluminium) | Check out my setup: Project Kalte Here!

Wow, as much as the new logo wasn't all that great, I feel that if Corsair makes a decision they should at least have the backbone to stick to it.

The Vengeance and gaming brands are going to co-exist side by side apparently, I'm thinking this will be a limited run myself and if not then they should at least start sell name plate removal/replacement kits for the gaming K70/K95's.

Origin - Dicehunter

Steam - Dicehunter

Uplay - Dicehunter

Awesome! MX reds are dumb!

Boy, if only your opinion really reflected the quality of Cherry MX Reds as "dumb". If only...

Intel Core i7-5820K (4.4 GHz) | Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 Gaming | Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB  | 2x 360mm Custom Loop (Noctua iPPC) | ASRock X99 Extreme6 | Samsung 840 EVO 250GB | Fractal Design Define S | Corsair HX750 | Windows 10 | Corsair M65 RGB PRO | Corsair K70 RGB LUX (CherryMX Brown) | Beyerdynamic Custom One Pro & Creative Sound Blaster Z | Nexus 6P (32GB Aluminium) | Check out my setup: Project Kalte Here!

I honestly didn't mind the new logo. That being said, I have a K95 and M65 with the old logo on them :)

GW2: Vettexl.9726

Where's the MX blue switches??????  

Reserved for the Gaming Brand.

Origin - Dicehunter

Steam - Dicehunter

Uplay - Dicehunter

WHAT! :angry:

They have to sell the Gaming brand somehow, And it's a tiny logo, The amount of foot stamping and tantrums people have had over the logo is verging on the childish and pathetic side to be honest.

Origin - Dicehunter

Steam - Dicehunter

Uplay - Dicehunter

They have to sell the Gaming brand somehow, And it's a tiny logo, The amount of foot stamping and tantrums people have had over the logo is verging on the childish and pathetic side to be honest.

Guess i'll have to stick with it or buy another switch.

Boy, if only your opinion really reflected the quality of Cherry MX Reds as "dumb". If only...

That was meant facetiously. You're still cool if you like MX Reds!

Wow, as much as the new logo wasn't all that great, I feel that if Corsair makes a decision they should at least have the backbone to stick to it.

Indeed, I remember only a few weeks ago Corsair saying "The Gaming brand is here to stay".

Origin - Dicehunter

Steam - Dicehunter

Uplay - Dicehunter

On the contrary, I wonder how the world would look today if more people would yield their stubborn 'backbones' and admit their mistakes.

I applaud Corsair in showing a true strength in admitting they made a bad move and backtracking to give their fans what they want.

Anyway, i'll have to wait till the end of November, but it seems i'll be getting my K70 RGB after all <3 *dances*

On the contrary, I wonder how the world would look today if more people would yield their stubborn 'backbones' and admit their mistakes.

I applaud Corsair in showing a true strength in admitting they made a bad move and backtracking to give their fans what they want.

Anyway, i'll have to wait till the end of November, but it seems i'll be getting my K70 RGB after all <3 *dances*

Actually, I think that all too many companies have done this lately. When Microsoft had a PR trainwreck about the xbox one, they decided to go back on the decisions they made as a company. There were some really cool really promising features that we might have to wait years for now thanks to a lack of confidence in their product (I would never buy an xbox anyways... but that's none of my buisness). The consumer-base of a gamer often seems like the most difficult to please, and making something better for some people, might ruin it for the rest. Tailoring to this kind of market means making decisions you can stand by, and sticking to them.

my 2 cents

Actually, I think that all too many companies have done this lately. When Microsoft had a PR trainwreck about the xbox one, they decided to go back on the decisions they made as a company. There were some really cool really promising features that we might have to wait years for now thanks to a lack of confidence in their product (I would never buy an xbox anyways... but that's none of my buisness). The consumer-base of a gamer often seems like the most difficult to please, and making something better for some people, might ruin it for the rest. Tailoring to this kind of market means making decisions you can stand by, and sticking to them.

my 2 cents

Well said, Seeing companies back track on their decisions isn't really encouraging to be honest and lets face it a lot of people had temper tantrums because of this logo, Threw their toys out of the pram and starting screaming :P

Origin - Dicehunter

Steam - Dicehunter

Uplay - Dicehunter

That's neat and kinda sad at the same time. I would be as proud to own a keyboard the old sails logo or the new gaming logo. To not want to buy a companies product because of a logo change is silly imo. Im not the biggest fan of the new logo personally. I would rather have had Corsair ask their fans to design a bunch of logos and have everyone vote for their favortie one. That would have been cool for their new "gaming" brand. Kind of like how Logitech has their own "gaming" brand.

Now if I can get a K70 RBG with Cherry MX Clear switches lol.

AMD FX-6300, 16GB G.Skill RAM, EVGA GTX 760, EVGA 650 watt PSU, 1TB WB Blue HDD

Corsair should just start selling nameplate change kits or something like that. It would be compatible to their entire keyboard lineup, and they wouldn't have to make any changes to their in-production keyboards. Of course, they would need to add a disclaimer saying that, 'We do not accept any responsibility for damaged keyboards.' or something like that, but I think it would be a largely feasible option.

Sorry for the convoluted speech pattern.

Corsair should just start selling nameplate change kits or something like that. It would be compatible to their entire keyboard lineup, and they wouldn't have to make any changes to their in-production keyboards. Of course, they would need to add a disclaimer saying that, 'We do not accept any responsibility for damaged keyboards.' or something like that, but I think it would be a largely feasible option.

Yeah but then people would start complaining about that, This whole fiasco reminds me of a good word the English have for these people, Anoraks, Years ago these people would of been called stamp collectors or train spotters, Now they're called "Enthusiasts" :D

Origin - Dicehunter

Steam - Dicehunter

Uplay - Dicehunter

they should have it as a line if people want it so much

My Rig  

PCPartPicker part list: http://ca.pcpartpicker.com/p/kGNksY

CPU: Intel Core i7-4770 3.4GHz Quad-Core Processor  ($379.00 @ shopRBC) 

CPU Cooler: RAIJINTEK THEMIS 65.7 CFM Sleeve Bearing CPU Cooler  ($34.99 @ NCIX) 

Motherboard: MSI CSM-H87M-G43 Micro ATX LGA1150 Motherboard  ($78.83 @ DirectCanada) 

Memory: Kingston HyperX 16GB (4 x 4GB) DDR3-1600 Memory  ($139.99 @ Memory Express) 

Storage: Kingston Fury 120GB 2.5" Solid State Drive  ($71.34 @ DirectCanada) 

Storage: Seagate Barracuda 2TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive  ($92.95 @ Vuugo) 

Video Card: Gigabyte Radeon R9 280X 3GB Video Card  ($298.98 @ Newegg Canada) 

Case: Fractal Design Define R4 w/Window (Black Pearl) ATX Mid Tower Case  ($125.98 @ Newegg Canada) 

Power Supply: Corsair CX 600W 80+ Bronze Certified Semi-Modular ATX Power Supply  ($66.99 @ NCIX) 

Operating System: Microsoft Windows 8.1 - 64-bit (OEM) (64-bit)  ($116.00 @ shopRBC) 

Case Fan: Cougar Turbine 120 (4-Pack) 60.4 CFM 120mm  Fans  ($23.99 @ NCIX) 

Monitor: HP 22xi 60Hz 21.5" Monitor  ($187.11 @ Amazon Canada) 

Monitor: HP 22xi 60Hz 21.5" Monitor  ($187.11 @ Amazon Canada) 

Keyboard: Logitech G710 Wired Gaming Keyboard  ($114.99 @ NCIX) 

Mouse: Razer DeathAdder 2013 Wired Optical Mouse  ($76.99 @ Amazon Canada) 

Headphones: Kingston HyperX Cloud Pro Headset  ($78.98 @ DirectCanada) 

Total: $2074.22

Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when availableGenerated by PCPartPicker 2015-04-10 15:33 EDT-0400Build log http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/303263-the-dell-from-hell/#entry4121100 

Phone Compassion Spreadsheet https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1EN6s426gyxqPloIqT4wQ7Y7yovkkQy_5B3djVN-N-R8/edit#gid=0

Gta V Pc Online Crew http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/344773-unofficial-linus-tech-tips-gta-v-crew-pc/