Facebook developing giant drones to 'fly for months'

Ethnod

_77816471_drone_lab_624.jpg

Ok so when we were talking about Google drones/baloons etc I was not that scared, I have not reached the "Google is Evil" level of scared yet, mainly cause they have not done much to deserve it imho yet, they are honest and upfront in almost all they do and their goals are clear in almost all cases... but Facebook? You mofos are scary and now drones? Not in my skies bitches, I'll be getting myself a rifle if you enter Irish Air Space, and seeing as I am ex-reserve I am entitled to get one. Target practice my boys :P

Source:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/newsbeat/29364362

Never trust a man, who, when left alone with a tea cosey... Doesn't try it on. Billy Connolly
Marriage is a wonderful invention: then again, so is a bicycle repair kit. Billy Connolly
Before you judge a man, walk a mile in his shoes. After that, who cares? He's a mile away and you've got his shoes. Billy Connolly

We will just move the space junk issue into our atmosphere. Just great. 

Spoiler

Corsair 400C- Intel i7 6700- Gigabyte Gaming 6- GTX 1080 Founders Ed. - Intel 530 120GB + 2xWD 1TB + Adata 610 256GB- 16GB 2400MHz G.Skill- Evga G2 650 PSU- Corsair H110- ASUS PB278Q- Dell u2412m- Logitech G710+ - Logitech g700 - Sennheiser PC350 SE/598se

Is it just me or is Grammar slowly becoming extinct on LTT? 

Im lining my roof with lead and im getting a gun.. 

====>The car thread<====>Dark Souls thread<====>Placeholder<====
"Life is like a raging river, Its gonna get rough downstream. And people's gonna piss in it" 

"Who discovered we could get milk from cows, and what did he THINK he was doing at the time?"

Facebook scares me... 

If this was google I might be okay with it. 

As long as drones are kept under 500 agl and at least 3 mi away for class C,D,E,F and 5mi for class B go drones. 

Facebook scares me... 

As long as drones are kept under 500 agl and at least 3 mi away for class C,D,E,F and 5mi for class B go drones. 

There are maybe 5 people here that understand what you just said.

Is there an English version of this? :P

Would you like an explanation? :)

yes please ;)

Never trust a man, who, when left alone with a tea cosey... Doesn't try it on. Billy Connolly
Marriage is a wonderful invention: then again, so is a bicycle repair kit. Billy Connolly
Before you judge a man, walk a mile in his shoes. After that, who cares? He's a mile away and you've got his shoes. Billy Connolly

Facebook scares me... 

There are maybe 5 people here that understand what you just said.

Is there an English version of this? :P

yes please ;)

I would like drones to follow specific rules. 

Stay under 500ft agl (Above Ground Level)

Stay at least 3 nm (Nautical Miles) away from Class D,E,G (The airspace around most small airports)

Stay at least 5 nm (Nautical Miles) away from Class C,B (The airspace around larger commercial airports) (I left out class A airspace as it is the airspace above 18,000 ft msl (Mean Sea Level) so that is covered by the 500ft agl (Above Ground Level)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Airspace_class_(United_States)

Time for tin foil hats and creative home made anti air defences

You mean anti tank rifles

Someone told Luke and Linus at CES 2017 to "Unban the legend known as Jerakl" and that's about all I've got going for me. (It didn't work)

Oh god no! Amazon and Google I'm okay with (more Amazon than Google; also nb4builder), but after that Facebook Messenger fiasco, NO! ._.

Ok so when we were talking about Google drones/baloons etc I was not that scared, I have not reached the "Google is Evil" level of scared yet, mainly cause they have not done much to deserve it imho yet, they are honest and upfront in almost all they do and their goals are clear in almost all cases... but Facebook? You mofos are scary and now drones? Not in my skies bitches, I'll be getting myself a rifle if you enter Irish Air Space, and seeing as I am ex-reserve I am entitled to get one. Target practice my boys :P

Source:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/newsbeat/29364362

Quoted from the news :

Maguire explained: "In order for us to fly these planes we actually have to fly above the weather, above all airspace. That's between 60,000 and 90,000 feet. Routinely, planes don't fly there, and certainly not drones."

So i think a rifle aint gonna do anything.

But i am actually excited about these technologies, because living in developing country is not easy to get internet if you're living in rural areas. I hope Google, Facebook and others that are developing this kinda thing are actually serious and prioritize developing country for their use.

You mean anti tank rifles

Drones are a lot smaller than tanks

And so GabeN has told us to march forthith unto the Land of Holy welding our swords of mice, shields of keyboards, and helmets of Oculus Rifts where we shall reclaim it-which is rightfully ours-from the PUNY Console Peasants from whom armed only with mere controllers we shall decimate in all forms of battle and we shall dominate even in their most ridiculous tradition and infatuation of CoD. Yes, my brothers- sisters and trans sexuals too- we shall destroy the inferior of races with our might and majesty. And if any Peasants wish to join us they must speak now or forever perish. -Ancient Speech from a Leader of Old, Book of Murratri section 2

Drones are a lot smaller than tanks

SO?! The more pieces the better

Someone told Luke and Linus at CES 2017 to "Unban the legend known as Jerakl" and that's about all I've got going for me. (It didn't work)

SO?! The more pieces the better

Its hard to hit one with a big ass 75mm round and a hell of a lot easier with say .50 cal. Threfore we must equip all suvs, mini vans, trucks, and sedans with browning .50 machine guns mounted on the roof.

And so GabeN has told us to march forthith unto the Land of Holy welding our swords of mice, shields of keyboards, and helmets of Oculus Rifts where we shall reclaim it-which is rightfully ours-from the PUNY Console Peasants from whom armed only with mere controllers we shall decimate in all forms of battle and we shall dominate even in their most ridiculous tradition and infatuation of CoD. Yes, my brothers- sisters and trans sexuals too- we shall destroy the inferior of races with our might and majesty. And if any Peasants wish to join us they must speak now or forever perish. -Ancient Speech from a Leader of Old, Book of Murratri section 2

Its hard to hit one with a big ass 75mm round and a hell of a lot easier with say .50 cal. Threfore we must equip all suvs, mini vans, trucks, and sedans with browning .50 machine guns mounted on the roof.

PSSSSSH. Bigger bullet, easier to hit a target!

Hell, why not use a tank!?

PSSSSSH. Bigger bullet, easier to hit a target!

Hell, why not use a tank!?

I mean if the bullet is as big as the drone than it has to hit it right?

Jesus! the sky is going to be cluttered in the future with all these drones , Don't get me wrong , the technology is good , but at what price?

Details separate people.

I mean if the bullet is as big as the drone than it has to hit it right?

Why not use a bigger bullet?!

Why not use a bigger bullet?!

Why not just shoot damned cars?

Why not just shoot damned cars?

We need suicide drones!

We need suicide drones!

We need kamikazes

We need kamikazes

That's what I said. Except not people.

That's what I said. Except not people.

No, they need to uhhh do stuff- not just so that we can thin the cess pool of humans.