Parents and Video Games

FloRolf

Does tablet games count? 

|EVGA 850 P2| |1440p PG279Q| |X570 Aorus Extreme| |Ryzen 9 3950x WC| |FE 2080Ti WC|TridentZ Neo 64GB| |Samsung 970 EVO M.2 1TB x3

|Logitech G900|K70 Cherry MX Speed|  |Logitech Z906 |  |HD650|  |CaseLabs SMA8 (one of the last ones made)

My mother is disinterested in games, so we can put her aside.

As for my dad, he used to be big on gaming. He doesn't have much time for it anymore, so he is reduced to playing your average Facebook-style puzzle game, though he plays to keep his brain at a functional peak as opposed to doing so for lesiure. I got him to play Modern Warfare 3 once, but he didn't really like it, noting that it made him a bit dizzy and it wasn't his type of game. He did however show interest in getting Forza Horizon 2 and an Xbox One, so maybe he will go that route. (I will be glued to it if he does :P)

Main Rig: CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 5800X | RAM: 32GB (2x16GB) KLEVV CRAS XR RGB DDR4-3600 | Motherboard: Gigabyte B550I AORUS PRO AX | Storage: 512GB SKHynix PC401, 1TB Samsung 970 EVO Plus, 2x Micron 1100 256GB SATA SSDs | GPU: EVGA RTX 3080 FTW3 Ultra 10GB | Cooling: ThermalTake Floe 280mm w/ be quiet! Pure Wings 3 | Case: Sliger SM580 (Black) | PSU: Lian Li SP 850W

Server: CPU: AMD Ryzen 3 3100 | RAM: 32GB (2x16GB) Crucial DDR4 Pro | Motherboard: ASUS PRIME B550-PLUS AC-HES | Storage: 128GB Samsung PM961, 4TB Seagate IronWolf | GPU: AMD FirePro WX 3100 | Cooling: EK-AIO Elite 360 D-RGB | Case: Corsair 5000D Airflow (White) | PSU: Seasonic Focus GM-850

Miscellaneous: Dell Optiplex 7060 Micro (i5-8500T/16GB/512GB), Lenovo ThinkCentre M715q Tiny (R5 2400GE/16GB/256GB), Dell Optiplex 7040 SFF (i5-6400/8GB/128GB)

They think its complete waste of time. Even when I was 17-18, they told me you are too old to play video games now  :(  :(

Finally got PS4 Pro

My mum was watching me play bf4 on my pc and she was kinda just...sitting there...for a while (long enough to drain 800 tickets on conquest large, so probably around 10 minutes).

But afterwards she was like "oh, this game looks interesting, I should give it a try. Can I?"

So i gave my desktop over to her and joined a "noobs only" server (you know, the ones that are always full of rank 100+ players) and let her play around after telling her the basics. (right click to aim, put the red dot on a target and click to shoot)

Anyways....she played around for ten minutes and holy shit! she was pwning!!!!!

lol jk. she just raked in the deaths and didn't get a single kill :P

but it was good that she tried :D

Other than that, no. Both my parents don't game. Neither does my sister. So that makes me the only "gamer" in the household.

Home is where the heart my desktop is.

My father plays chess titans so I guess it doesn't count at all...

My mother sometimes plays Civ V tho

Civ V?! dem games.

my father is painfully trying out DOTA 2. He screams sometimes "WHAT HOW DOES HE DO THAT WHAT IN THE WORLD!?". now i know why my father told me to stop raging

(NOW)War Horse:

CPU: AMD FX-6300 | Motherboard: MSI 970A-G43 | RAM: Corsair Vengeance Dual Channel 8GB 1600Mhz | GPU: MSI R7790 | Case: Dazumba D-Vito 903 | HDD 1 & 2: Seagate 1TB and Seagate 500GB | PSU: Corsair CX600
(WAS)Old Coop:
CPU: Intel C2D E7500 | Motherboard: Gigabyte G31M-ES2L | RAM: V-Gen 4GB Dual Channel | GPU: Galaxy GT210 | Case: Power-Up ??? | HDD: Seagate 500GB | PSU: Power-up 500W

MyAnimeList Profile | Heaven Society | HEIL THE MIGHTY AND POWERFUL LINUS | My Blog 'Unfinished Pieces' | Code of Conduct

Civ V?! dem games.

my father is painfully trying out DOTA 2. He screams sometimes "WHAT HOW DOES HE DO THAT WHAT IN THE WORLD!?". now i know why my father told me to stop raging

Everybody says that, it's called "When other people play that hero-syndrome" You play hero x? You do no damage and are not tanky. Others play hero x? Holy shit they are unkillable and 1-hit you.

RIG: I7-4790k @ 4.5GHz | MSI Z97S SLI Plus | 12GB Geil Dragon RAM 1333MHz | Gigabyte G1 Gaming GTX 970 (1550MHz core/7800MHz memory) @ +18mV(Maxed out at 1650/7800 so far) | Corsair RM750 | Samsung 840 EVO 120GB, 1TB Seagate Barracuda | Fractal Design Arc Midi R2 (Closed) | Sound Blaster Z                                                                                                                        Getting: Noctua NH-D15 | Possible 250GB Samsung 850 Evo                                                                                        Need a console killer that actually shits on every console? Here you go (No MIR/Promo)

This is why you should not get an FX CPU for ANY scenario other than rendering on a budget http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/286142-fx-8350-r9-290-psu-requirements/?p=3892901 http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/266481-an-issue-with-people-bashing-the-fx-cpus/?p=3620861

Everybody says that, it's called "When other people play that hero-syndrome" You play hero x? You do no damage and are not tanky. Others play hero x? Holy shit they are unkillable and 1-hit you.

i know that feel bro. play OP hero myself, owns ppl. enemy play OP hero, owns me, i rage. but when i own, i laughed. im a hypocrite... D:

(NOW)War Horse:

CPU: AMD FX-6300 | Motherboard: MSI 970A-G43 | RAM: Corsair Vengeance Dual Channel 8GB 1600Mhz | GPU: MSI R7790 | Case: Dazumba D-Vito 903 | HDD 1 & 2: Seagate 1TB and Seagate 500GB | PSU: Corsair CX600
(WAS)Old Coop:
CPU: Intel C2D E7500 | Motherboard: Gigabyte G31M-ES2L | RAM: V-Gen 4GB Dual Channel | GPU: Galaxy GT210 | Case: Power-Up ??? | HDD: Seagate 500GB | PSU: Power-up 500W

MyAnimeList Profile | Heaven Society | HEIL THE MIGHTY AND POWERFUL LINUS | My Blog 'Unfinished Pieces' | Code of Conduct

when I was a kid.. my mom was addicted to counter strike.... but as time goes by.. she got brainwashed by................................... candy crush..

Case: NZXT H440     CPU: Intel core i7-4790k    RAM: 2x G.Skill ripjaws 4gb 1600mhz   GPU: Soon   CPU Cooler: Stock (will buy a decent one soon)     PSU: CM V650 80+ gold PSU.

My parent's are that older gender. That back then they don't have computer's about when they have been young. So my dad doesn't even know how to start freaking thing. :D My mom tough is using computer for her work. So she kind use it. But she doesn't get that why she have to spent any extra time next to it. But that i am so proud that, i recently got her a tablet time. So now day's when she is sitting on facebook. She use Galaxy tab 3 and even like to use it. So no my parent's don't play. But maybe some day just some day, i get my mother to hooked on Angry Bird's.  :rolleyes:

Failure is not an option!

My father would prefer to not waste his time on entertainment designed for plebians. My mother on the other hand is addicted to iOS games.

back then I played counter strike with my dad and it was fun.

also played ragnarok with my mom (private server) she enjoyed it but not really addicted to it.

Live your life like a dream.

My father loves playing racing and sports games with me. He trys the occasional shooter but he isn't really good, or enjoys it. We also play a bunch of party games.

My mother loves playing party games but gets motion sick doing anything else. (She goes so tryhard on just dance on the wii.)

My parents are pretty chill. ;)

My mother plays a fair amount of Papers please while my father used to play CS1.5

My dad plays FIFA with me, that's about it. He had COD3 once on his old XBOX360 (he sold it in 2007/2008) but I don't think he liked it that much

Edit: he used to help my brother with Tomb Raider PS1 in the 90's

My dad has played a few games (such as WoW and Skyrim) but normally my Mom gets mad at him for playing them so he hasn't played a mainstream game in a while. I'm thinking about getting him Fallout 3 or something for Christmas anyway since I can get it super cheap and he can set the difficulty he wants.

My dad likes to play arcade games but anything on consoles or PC is uninteresting to him. My grandparents would always ask us to let them play Mario Party with us, and they tried, but they never knew what was going on or what to do, etc.

Corsair 5000D / Intel Core i7 12700k / Noctua NH-D15 / MSI Z690 Pro-Wifi DDR4 / RTX 3080 Ti Founder's Edition / 16GB Crucial Ballistix 3200 MHz / EVGA SuperNova 650w / Samsung 850 Pro EVO 256GB / ADATA SX8200 Pro / MSI Mag 274QRF-QD / LG CX 55" / Logitech G-Pro Wireless

My mom plays point and click clue games, and my dad hasn't played anything other than spider, and my grandma is surprisingly good at candy-crush-like games

My parents while interested in video games, they won't play due to time constraints. That said,  my Pa sometimes plays dirt 3 with me.

• 4 weeks later...

I got my dad to play Halo with me a couple of times, and he used to play Black Hawk Down, but he doesn't anymore because he finds it too stressful (heart problems).

"The unexamined life is not worth living" - Apology 38a, Socrates

Yeah, my Dad would never try to play video games, last time I talked to him about a game... He told me "So you want to be a terrorist?" 

Could you ever guess what I was playing?

Hint hint:  C_:G_

You're reading this. Why are you reading this?

My mum played quite a lot of Need for Speed: Underground back in the day and dad was really into flight simulators.

Now they both don't really have the time.

rm -rf /

The average gamer is 35 years old according to statistics. So I imagine quite a few parents play games.