Parents and Video Games

FloRolf

My mum plays mahjjong. and dad plays solitaire.

So yeah, they are gamers.

Grammar and spelling is not indicative of intelligence/knowledge.  Not having the same opinion does not always mean lack of understanding.  

Games? my dad got me into gaming... he plays harder games than i do!

PC: AMD Ryzen 7 5800X Gigabyte X570 UD Corsair Vengence 32gb 3200MHZ Gigabyte RTX 2070 Intel 512gb boot / Seagate 2tb spinner Windows 10 Corsair 4000D black

Fyi i am Autistic (Aspergers) so sorry for any social mistakes (im mostly okay) If you want to learn more, Just ask! 

I'm a dad, and I play games.   I'm #371 (in the world) in Resogun.   Woo.

MY dad?  No way.  

Now they both don't really have the time.

Suuuure they do.  They just chose to do other things with their free time.   

My mum was into RPG's in the 90's/00's. Don't know exactly what she played but Final Fantasy VII.

My dad, haven't seen him in almost 10 years. He always played WoW. 

My mum got me started on video games, its a shame that the old joysticks don't work on new computers, they were awesome in flight simulators.

"We also blind small animals with cosmetics.
We do not sell cosmetics. We just blind animals."

"Please don't mistake us for Equifax. Those fuckers are evil"

This PSA brought to you by Equifacks.
PMSL

My parents got motion sickness whenever I tried to get them to play video games. I give up trying to introduce them to it a good few years back. 

My dad used to put me on his lap and make me play Prince of Persia on DOS back when I was like 2 or 3 years old. Never been a gamer himself though.

Nowadays he doesn't play much, or rather he doesn't play videogames at all. Still, he's always up for some Mario Kart 8 when he has the chance.

I managed to get my mother play videogames only twice in my entire life. Back in 2001 I sneaked on her while she was playing some Tarzan Freeride, which by the way was a really fun game for a kid like me. During the last summer she fell in love with Nintendo Land on my Wii U, we had quite a bit of fun with that game. It looks like just a bunch of minigames, but it's great fun to play them with friends.

And that's it, they still don't get why I keep assembling new PCs.

Usually my parents are busy all the time. They always argue with me all the time i sit on my PC for hours and don't study so that's the issue.

I asked my Dad for buying me an xbox and he was like "what are you 8 year old?"

I ain't sayin' jack shit!!

Sooooo,

i already got my mom to the point where she wants to try Portal (we suggested it since its pretty much the best game ever made) but now i have the following problem:

I don't want to buy it for her (cause i want her to try some other games too :P) and i don't want to give her my steam account directly PLUS her Notebook is crap and wouldn't even handle it but she would prefer gaming on her notebook over gaming on my rig (while i'm at work)

So i thought i would:

1. Create a Steam Account for her

2. Give her Account full access to my games (Family Share)

3. Log into her account on my PC

4. Log into her account on her Laptop

5. Start Gamestream on my PC

6. Game on her Laptop

7. Profit.

Do you think there's a better way to do it or is this the non plus ultra for my case?

Greetings! :)

^Dis shiz is solved.

Main Topic Q is now:

Attaching a Poll to see if your Moms/Parents play Video Games (Candy Crush doesn't coun)

My dad wants to play skyrim. but anyway you have the best setup for you so unless your mom would be willing to buy a better PC or you could build her one

Hi friend.Who are you?

My mum used to be obsessed with Nights into Dreams a long time ago before I was born... But she hasn't played video games in a long time other than the odd out of control destructive rampage on Need For Speed.

Thank you.

Wardojack.

• 11 months later...

while not related to me i know a 67 year old man that has played Elder scrolls game since dagger fall he is primarily a console gamer though.

my father used to play command and conquer with me when i was younger. he likes those real time tactics games such as sudden strike or blitzkrieg

mum likes... Candy crush...

I know right, every mum I know plays it

My parents used to play some games with me (mostly my dad, not that my mum has anything against it but she is terrible at it), kids games first and then some racing games (including and especially mario kart). My dad was never really a fan of shooters or rts, I played those with my uncle and my cousin. Eventually I started to have stuff to do though, and I usually had to do it in the scarce free time my parents had.

Don't ask to ask, just ask... please 🤨

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

My dad always says "I work on a computer all day. I won't want to have my entertainment there too."

Whether on console or PC, and he's seen me playing video games all the way growing up, and never wanted to try it out.

My mom only ever plays flash-based memory games because her doctor told her to.

She praised Wii Sports but never actually played it.

---

please do not revive 11 month topics:

http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/95599-linus-tech-tips-forum-code-of-conduct/

4.3 Thread Necroing

Thread necroing consists of reviving a previously resolved, settled, or "dead" thread after a prolonged period of time by the OP with the intention of bumping the thread to the top of the board. Threads with an activity gap of 1 month or greater that are brought back to the front page is considered "thread necroing". A shorter duration may be considered when dealing with situations like previously resolved threads being reposted or simply for the purpose of bumping it to the front page. Build logs are exempt from this rule.