AMD to update never settle to include Star Citizen exclusive ship

Go to solution Solved by Notional,

The AMD racer in Star Citizen has been released now. The Never settle Space Star Citizen bundle contains (for me at the date of 9th of October 2014):

• Mustang Omega : AMD Edition
  • SelfLand Hangar
  • Arena Commander Pass
  • Starting Money: 1,000 UEC
  • 2 Month Insurance
  • Digital Star Citizen Manual
  • Star Citizen Digital Download
  • Squadron 42 Digital Download

AMD updates to Never Settle Space Edition

Unveiled at the 30th anniversary, AMD will update their Never Settle bundle to Never Settle Space from September the 2nd.

The bundle reintroduces Saints Row 4, and includes Payday 2.

The space part will contain Space Run, Habitat, Alien: Isolation and will come with the uniqie Star Citizen, Mustang Omega Racer AMD edition (out 30th September).

Caution: The fine print, does say additional fees may apply. It seems the Star Citizen part will only be the racer and (maybe) the Arena Commander and Murray Cup Race Series modules, NOT the full game.

UPDATE:http://sites.amd.com/us/promo/never-settle/Pages/never-settle.aspx (3rd of September 2014)

What is included for the Star Citizen Game Offer?

The Star Citizen Mustang Omega Variant Racer by Accelerated Mass Design! Along with the Star Citizen Mustang Omega Variant Racer you also get access to the Star Citizen multiplayer module “Arena Commander” and the “Murray Cup Race Series”.

Never Settle: Space Edition is available for all R9 series cards,

Excisting Gold and Silver tickets can be upgraded to Space Edition, if bought up to September the 2nd, and has to be redeemed between 2nd and 8th of September.1 

Never Settle: Space Edition

108a.jpg

The AMD exclusive Mustang Omega Racer, out the 30th of September. Can be used in Arena Commander and Murray Cup Race Series modules, as well as the full game.

AMDMustangRacingVarient_zps9c6ad7b0.jpg

Sources:

http://www.techpowerup.com/204465/amd-announces-never-settle-space-edition-rewards.html Story

https://forums.robertsspaceindustries.com/discussion/170369/amd-mustang-racing-variant Racer image

http://www.techpowerup.com/forums/threads/amd-announces-never-settle-space-edition-rewards.204465/#post-3153659 Fine print

1http://www.twitch.tv/amd/c/4970656 Time frames (1:50:00)

Watching Intel have competition is like watching a headless chicken trying to get out of a mine field

CPU: Intel I7 4790K@4.6 with NZXT X31 AIO; MOTHERBOARD: ASUS Z97 Maximus VII Ranger; RAM: 8 GB Kingston HyperX 1600 DDR3; GFX: ASUS R9 290 4GB; CASE: Lian Li v700wx; STORAGE: Corsair Force 3 120GB SSD; Samsung 850 500GB SSD; Various old Seagates; PSU: Corsair RM650; MONITOR: 2x 20" Dell IPS; KEYBOARD/MOUSE: Logitech K810/ MX Master; OS: Windows 10 Pro

AMD must be getting desperate, it's still a better value to save your money and get one of the really good ships.

Ketchup is better than mustard.

GUI is better than Command Line Interface.

Dubs are better than subs

That is one of the most disgusting things I've ever laid my eyes on.  

so its a special edition mustang skin, the ship will probably go for sale under 50$ with full game package, on the pledge store, also it would be kinda of bs to only have access to these modules and not the full game when there's a 40$ package that does that

this is one of the greatest thing that has happened to me recently, and it happened on this forum, those involved have my eternal gratitude http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/198850-update-alex-got-his-moto-g2-lets-get-a-moto-g-for-alexgoeshigh-unofficial/ :')

i use to have the second best link in the world here, but it died ;_; its a 404 now but it will always be here

AMD must be getting desperate, it's still a better value to save your money and get one of the really good ships.

I raise my hand as the genius/idiot who couldn't hold out for RSI to bring the Super Hornet back and bought the Hornet anyways. 

Who am I kidding, I'm the idiot who will buy the Super Hornet if it comes back on sale anyways. 

It's not an exclusive ship, it's more or less a time limited exclusive skin.

Ryzen 9 5950x | NH-D15 | ROG STRIX X570-F | G.Skill 32GB DDR4 | MSI Ventus RTX 3080 | WD Black SN850 1TB PCIe 4 | Samsung 850 EVO + 860 EVO 1TB | Corsair 5000D Airflow

Dell S3422DWG | Dell S2721DGF | Corsair K70 RGB Keyboard | Logitech G502 Lightspeed | ATH-R70x

I'm seeing more and more that makes this game more of a bad idea.

Certainly not the thing all the people hype it up to be, at least.

It's not an exclusive ship, it's more or less a time limited exclusive skin.

It's still a $40-80 value (depends on what the variant will cost as a pledge) when buying a graphics card, 10 times more appealing thant one of 12 tier three games that've all been on $5 sales on Steam already.

In case the moderators do not ban me as requested, this is a notice that I have left and am not coming back.

That's one hell of a sexy ship.

My rig: CPU: Intel core i5 4670K MoBo: MSI Z87-G45 Gaming RAM: Kingston HyperX Beast 2x4GB 1600mhz CL9 GPU: EVGA GTX780 SC ACX SSD: ADATA Premier Pro SP900 256GBHDD: Western Digital RED 2TB PSU: FSP Aurum CM 750W Case: Cooler Master HAF XM OS: Windows 8 Pro

My Build log, the Snowbird (heavy WIP): http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/188011-snowbird-by-lachy/?hl=snowbird

God dammit AMD, you can't do shit like this. Hardware and games should be separate... also the ship looks ass dont hurt me

Help me I'm surrounded by morons.

Can't wait for absolutely no one to ride around in their flying pop-up ad.

I hate these GPU companies cant let me make up my mind they just keep making more and more reasons to buy their cards.

The ship looks pretty cool. Kinda wish they had it in their greenish color, but red works fine.

Sir, I don't believe you understand science.

In science, it is a proven fact that the color red makes things go faster.  This applies to everything, even non-tangible concepts.  So please, get your facts straight, it is red for a reason!

Sir, I don't believe you understand science.

In science, it is a proven fact that the color red makes things go faster.  This applies to everything, even non-tangible concepts.  So please, get your facts straight, it is red for a reason!

The presence of racing stripes does the same thing. So a red car with, say, white racing stripes is faster and better than a blue car with no stripes.

Intel i7 5820K (4.5 GHz) | MSI X99A MPower | 32 GB Kingston HyperX Fury 2666MHz | Asus RoG STRIX GTX 1080ti OC | Samsung 951 m.2 nVME 512GB | Crucial MX200 1000GB | Western Digital Caviar Black 2000GB | Noctua NH-D15 | Fractal Define R5 | Seasonic 860 Platinum | Logitech G910 | Sennheiser 599 | Blue Yeti | Logitech G502

Nikon D500 | Nikon 300mm f/4 PF  | Nikon 200-500 f/5.6 | Nikon 50mm f/1.8 | Tamron 70-210 f/4 VCII | Sigma 10-20 f/3.5 | Nikon 17-55 f/2.8 | Tamron 90mm F2.8 SP Di VC USD Macro | Neewer 750II

The presence of racing stripes does the same thing. So a red car with, say, white racing stripes is faster and better than a blue car with no stripes.

Exactly, sir.

Also, if you add flames to the sides then it can take off like a rocket.

The ship looks pretty cool. Kinda wish they had it in their greenish color, but red works fine.

Yea, AMD should paint their ships green because that is their color and all. 

AMD is looking more and more compelling.  I really wish I had an R9 290X instead of my 780.  Damn mining prices.

"I genuinely dislike the promulgation of false information, especially to people who are asking for help selecting new parts."

Its official, Star Citizen just sold out to the BS commercial interest. Next up, the Nvidia vs AMD gang fire fights, followed up by Intel vs AMD, and closed off by Mac vs PC... :unsure:

Glad I didn't put in any money to support that.

I roll with sigs off so I have no idea what you're advertising.

This is NOT the signature you are looking for.