AMD to update never settle to include Star Citizen exclusive ship

Go to solution Solved by Notional,

The AMD racer in Star Citizen has been released now. The Never settle Space Star Citizen bundle contains (for me at the date of 9th of October 2014):

• Mustang Omega : AMD Edition
  • SelfLand Hangar
  • Arena Commander Pass
  • Starting Money: 1,000 UEC
  • 2 Month Insurance
  • Digital Star Citizen Manual
  • Star Citizen Digital Download
  • Squadron 42 Digital Download

Its official, Star Citizen just sold out to the BS commercial interest. Next up, the Nvidia vs AMD gang fire fights, followed up by Intel vs AMD, and closed off by Mac vs PC... :unsure:

Glad I didn't put in any money to support that.

That isn't true.

Take a read of Ben Lesnick's response:

Hey guys! To address some of the general comments about the 'AMD ship.'

The Mustang Omega is the 'racer' variant of the ship, seen here with a 'racing team' skin (think modern day stock cars that are covered in logos.) The Mustang Omega is not exclusive to this AMD card pack; they'll be available alongside the standard Mustang Alpha (and other variants) when they're ready for Star Citizen! Note that you're seeing a concept model and not the finished ship, so details of the skin itself may change.

As for advertising partners: as we've said before, we are not against the concept as long as it makes sense inside our universe. That is to say it would make sense to see a racing ship with a company's logo on it... or even to fly past a billboard during a race... but you'll never have a situation where you land on a pirate base and have to listen to a talk about the great taste of 7-Up before loading your ship. :)

There's two (or more) ways to do that. One is to create ads for companies that might still exist in the 30th century and then a fictional ad campaign for them. So if McDonalds picks up a space billboard at a racetrack (not likely, just an example!), it has to advertise 30th century space food and not tell you to head on down to your local restaurant because the Filet o Fish is now on the dollar menu.

For AMD, we suggested that first and they came back and said no rather than build a 900 year future history for AMD we should build a company into Star Citizen's fiction that could ALSO be named AMD and that might sponsor racing ships. We create fiction for the companies behind all our components (and beyond!) so it was entirely in our wheelhouse to create a backstory for "Accelerated Mass Design."

Ryzen 9 5950x | NH-D15 | ROG STRIX X570-F | G.Skill 32GB DDR4 | MSI Ventus RTX 3080 | WD Black SN850 1TB PCIe 4 | Samsung 850 EVO + 860 EVO 1TB | Corsair 5000D Airflow

Dell S3422DWG | Dell S2721DGF | Corsair K70 RGB Keyboard | Logitech G502 Lightspeed | ATH-R70x

Its official, Star Citizen just sold out to the BS commercial interest. Next up, the Nvidia vs AMD gang fire fights, followed up by Intel vs AMD, and closed off by Mac vs PC... :unsure:

Glad I didn't put in any money to support that.

27424758d1394748813-fansproject-stuntico

The exclusive skin really pisses me off.

Despite every one not liking it, i do,

And i want it and i want it now.

Why does noone like it? it looks fing hot. Reminds me of a hot rod. Def going to get a friend to get an amd card and give me the code. Was this for silver as well? i think he was planning on a 270

Yea, AMD should paint their ships green because that is their color and all. 

Yeah, it is their color;

AMD.jpg

They've been using that green color for years. Also color doesn't represent the company in its entirety. Going by your logic, since ASUS likes to use red so much, they must be in bed with AMD, right? I mean, that is AMD's color and all.

That isn't true.

Take a read of Ben Lesnick's response:

Right, just like TV commercials or Movie product placement ads, TV commercials are to allow you to take "a break" and movies its because that particular product is written in specifically in the script and adds greatly to the plot line :rolleyes:

I roll with sigs off so I have no idea what you're advertising.

This is NOT the signature you are looking for.

Redeemed my never settle about 2 weeks ago, any idea if this will be on the Gaming Evolved App?

Yeah, it is their color;

AMD.jpg

They've been using that green color for years. Also color doesn't represent the company in its entirety. Going by your logic, since ASUS likes to use red so much, they must be in bed with AMD, right? I mean, that is AMD's color and all.

Perhaps red for Radeon?

• 2 weeks later...

Updated with official confirmation about the Star Citizen offer.

Watching Intel have competition is like watching a headless chicken trying to get out of a mine field

CPU: Intel I7 4790K@4.6 with NZXT X31 AIO; MOTHERBOARD: ASUS Z97 Maximus VII Ranger; RAM: 8 GB Kingston HyperX 1600 DDR3; GFX: ASUS R9 290 4GB; CASE: Lian Li v700wx; STORAGE: Corsair Force 3 120GB SSD; Samsung 850 500GB SSD; Various old Seagates; PSU: Corsair RM650; MONITOR: 2x 20" Dell IPS; KEYBOARD/MOUSE: Logitech K810/ MX Master; OS: Windows 10 Pro

• 1 month later...

What a load of crap! When I first got the email from AMD and went to their site to check the offer, it just said "star citizen", as in the game... No racer, or module or anything specifying it wouldn't be the full game... And that was the reason I claimed my code, more than Alien... Now a few weeks after redeeming and inly through their email that it will be late do I found out it won't be the full game after all... I think I'm going to contact customer support see if I can have it changed or something...

Welp I know what one of my 3 choices will be later this week :).

Think Alien Isolation for another (the IGN review was the dumbest, most unprofessional review I ever read, so I will get it to spite them) and I guess Sniper Elite for the last one? 

What a load of crap! When I first got the email from AMD and went to their site to check the offer, it just said "star citizen", as in the game... No racer, or module or anything specifying it wouldn't be the full game... And that was the reason I claimed my code, more than Alien... Now a few weeks after redeeming and inly through their email that it will be late do I found out it won't be the full game after all... I think I'm going to contact customer support see if I can have it changed or something...

You could prob sell the ship for more than one of your came choices would be worth. I mean look at how much this game has made in crowdfunding...Sure someone would buy it and maybe someone from LTT :).

CPU:24/7-4770k @ 4.5ghz/4.0 cache @ 1.22V override, 1.776 VCCIN. MB: Z87-G41 PC Mate. Cooling: Hyper 212 evo push/pull. Ram: Gskill Ares 1600 CL9 @ 2133 1.56v 10-12-10-31-T1 150 TRFC. Case: HAF 912 stock fans (no LED crap). HD: Seagate Barracuda 1 TB. Display: Dell S2340M IPS. GPU: Sapphire Tri-x R9 290. PSU:CX600M OS: Win 7 64 bit/Mac OS X Mavericks, dual boot Hackintosh.

If you read the OP, you would see that this was a question, before Never Settle Space was even released. When it got released, all the fine print was finalized and on the page. So you cannot criticize AMD for something they made clear. 

Watching Intel have competition is like watching a headless chicken trying to get out of a mine field

CPU: Intel I7 4790K@4.6 with NZXT X31 AIO; MOTHERBOARD: ASUS Z97 Maximus VII Ranger; RAM: 8 GB Kingston HyperX 1600 DDR3; GFX: ASUS R9 290 4GB; CASE: Lian Li v700wx; STORAGE: Corsair Force 3 120GB SSD; Samsung 850 500GB SSD; Various old Seagates; PSU: Corsair RM650; MONITOR: 2x 20" Dell IPS; KEYBOARD/MOUSE: Logitech K810/ MX Master; OS: Windows 10 Pro

The AMD racer in Star Citizen has been released now. The Never settle Space Star Citizen bundle contains (for me at the date of 9th of October 2014):

• Mustang Omega : AMD Edition
  • SelfLand Hangar
  • Arena Commander Pass
  • Starting Money: 1,000 UEC
  • 2 Month Insurance
  • Digital Star Citizen Manual
  • Star Citizen Digital Download
  • Squadron 42 Digital Download