Can Someone Please Explain to Me G2A Windows Keys.

Cokeman

So I have heard mixed things about G2A.com windows keys. I have heard a lot of people tell me they are just regular windows keys and I have heard a lot of people tell me they are MSDN (whatever that means) keys and that they expire after four years and they are illegal. So are they just regular keys or not?

Depends on the seller, for most parts; Regular keys 

"My opinion is that your opinion is wrong." - AlwaysFSX    CPU I5 4690k MB MSI Gaming 5 RAM 2 x 4GB HyperX Blu DDR3 GPU Asus GTX970 Strix,  Case Corsair 760T Storage 1 x 120GB 840EVO 1 x 1TB WD Blue, 1 x 500GB Toshiba  

The cave/beast v2 (OLD) http://imgur.com/a/8AmeH                                  PSU 600W Raidmax RX600AF Displays ASUS VS278Q-P x2, BenQ Xl2720z Cooling Dark Rock 3, 4 AP120s Keyboard Logitech G710+ Mouse Razer Deathadder 

It's likely that they are resold MSDN codes, which expire after (I believe) a year or two. It's not legal to sell them, and Microsoft have stated that G2A are not an authorized reseller of Windows licenses.

Basically, watch out and don't get burned.

Main Rig: CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 5800X | RAM: 32GB (2x16GB) KLEVV CRAS XR RGB DDR4-3600 | Motherboard: Gigabyte B550I AORUS PRO AX | Storage: 512GB SKHynix PC401, 1TB Samsung 970 EVO Plus, 2x Micron 1100 256GB SATA SSDs | GPU: EVGA RTX 3080 FTW3 Ultra 10GB | Cooling: ThermalTake Floe 280mm w/ be quiet! Pure Wings 3 | Case: Sliger SM580 (Black) | PSU: Lian Li SP 850W

Server: CPU: AMD Ryzen 3 3100 | RAM: 32GB (2x16GB) Crucial DDR4 Pro | Motherboard: ASUS PRIME B550-PLUS AC-HES | Storage: 128GB Samsung PM961, 4TB Seagate IronWolf | GPU: AMD FirePro WX 3100 | Cooling: EK-AIO Elite 360 D-RGB | Case: Corsair 5000D Airflow (White) | PSU: Seasonic Focus GM-850

Miscellaneous: Dell Optiplex 7060 Micro (i5-8500T/16GB/512GB), Lenovo ThinkCentre M715q Tiny (R5 2400GE/16GB/256GB), Dell Optiplex 7040 SFF (i5-6400/8GB/128GB)

People buy them in some unknown country like Uzbekistan, where it is cheaper and then sell it to us at a similar price.

Besides, I'm fine with my 20 Windows 7 Professional key codes :D

Compatible with Windows 95

Regular keys. 

That is incorrect. G2A.com Marketplace Windows keys are more commonly MSDN Keys. As they can be bought in bulk for very cheap. However they are not to be resold. Which is why after 1-2 years most keys are removed, and your windows copy will become invalid, and need a new key. So i mean you're kinda right, however at the same time still incorrect. Yes they'll work. However it's not legal to sell MSDN keys. They are mainly for business and corporate use. 

Please quote/tag ( Found by typing @DarrenP) In all posts directed at me. I do not check my current content. 

Intel Core i7-4790K - Gigabyte Z97X-UD5H-BK - 16GB Corsair Vengeance Pro 1866Mhz - EVGA GTX 980 - 256GB MX100 - 2TB WD RED - 900D - H100I - Corsair HX1050 - DNS 320L 2x2TB Seagate Barracuda 

Depends on the seller, for most parts; Regular keys 

It's likely that they are resold MSDN codes, which expire after (I believe) a year or two. It's not legal to sell them, and Microsoft have stated that G2A are not an authorized reseller of Windows licenses.

Basically, watch out and don't get burned.

Now you see contradicting answers.

Why do people never search to see if their question has already been answered? http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/194840-g2a-windows-settling-this-issue/

12600k | MSI MEG S280 | SSUPD Meshilicious | Asus ROG STRIX Z690-I | Crucial 16GB 4800MHz CL38 | MSI Gaming 980Ti | CM V850 SFX | WD SN850 1TB, WD SN550 1TB 
Pi 4TB NAS | Asus VG27AQ, Asus PB278Q | Logitech G Pro X Superlight | Glorious G-HXL-STEALTH | Keychron K4 V2 | Sennheiser HD 599 w/ Fiio E10

That is incorrect. G2A.com Marketplace Windows keys are more commonly MSDN Keys. As they can be bought in bulk for very cheap. However they are not to be resold. Which is why after 1-2 years most keys are removed, and your windows copy will become invalid, and need a new key. So i mean you're kinda right, however at the same time still incorrect. Yes they'll work. However it's not legal to sell MSDN keys. They are mainly for business and corporate use. 

Edited just about a minute before you replied. 

"My opinion is that your opinion is wrong." - AlwaysFSX    CPU I5 4690k MB MSI Gaming 5 RAM 2 x 4GB HyperX Blu DDR3 GPU Asus GTX970 Strix,  Case Corsair 760T Storage 1 x 120GB 840EVO 1 x 1TB WD Blue, 1 x 500GB Toshiba  

The cave/beast v2 (OLD) http://imgur.com/a/8AmeH                                  PSU 600W Raidmax RX600AF Displays ASUS VS278Q-P x2, BenQ Xl2720z Cooling Dark Rock 3, 4 AP120s Keyboard Logitech G710+ Mouse Razer Deathadder 

Why do people never search to see if their question has already been answered? http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/194840-g2a-windows-settling-this-issue/

Evidence supporting my answer.

Main Rig: CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 5800X | RAM: 32GB (2x16GB) KLEVV CRAS XR RGB DDR4-3600 | Motherboard: Gigabyte B550I AORUS PRO AX | Storage: 512GB SKHynix PC401, 1TB Samsung 970 EVO Plus, 2x Micron 1100 256GB SATA SSDs | GPU: EVGA RTX 3080 FTW3 Ultra 10GB | Cooling: ThermalTake Floe 280mm w/ be quiet! Pure Wings 3 | Case: Sliger SM580 (Black) | PSU: Lian Li SP 850W

Server: CPU: AMD Ryzen 3 3100 | RAM: 32GB (2x16GB) Crucial DDR4 Pro | Motherboard: ASUS PRIME B550-PLUS AC-HES | Storage: 128GB Samsung PM961, 4TB Seagate IronWolf | GPU: AMD FirePro WX 3100 | Cooling: EK-AIO Elite 360 D-RGB | Case: Corsair 5000D Airflow (White) | PSU: Seasonic Focus GM-850

Miscellaneous: Dell Optiplex 7060 Micro (i5-8500T/16GB/512GB), Lenovo ThinkCentre M715q Tiny (R5 2400GE/16GB/256GB), Dell Optiplex 7040 SFF (i5-6400/8GB/128GB)

It's like eBay for key codes basically.

You get some people who exploit it and some people who use it.

Compatible with Windows 95

MSDN = Microsoft Developer Network. For about 800 euros you can gain access to all of their OSs until the end of your subscription. They come with special keys and distribution of them is illegal. Don't get keys from there, it's pretty much an expensive way of piracy. And OEM keys aren't that expensive.

LTT's unofficial Windows activation expert.

Edited just about a minute before you replied. 

You're still wrong though. They're not regular keys. 

Please quote/tag ( Found by typing @DarrenP) In all posts directed at me. I do not check my current content. 

Intel Core i7-4790K - Gigabyte Z97X-UD5H-BK - 16GB Corsair Vengeance Pro 1866Mhz - EVGA GTX 980 - 256GB MX100 - 2TB WD RED - 900D - H100I - Corsair HX1050 - DNS 320L 2x2TB Seagate Barracuda 

You're still wrong though. They're not regular keys. 

Proove me wrong. 

They are MSDN and illegal to the general public because the resellers on G2A are not authorized microsoft product resellers. However, the key would still work when used.

Edit:

The only real way to come to a solid conclusion is to drop a quick mail to microsoft tech support and see for yourself.

The most common result of insufficient wattage is a paperweight that looks like a PC

Proove me wrong. 

There is no exact way to prove you wrong other than me buying a key and calling Microsoft to confirm it's legitimacy. Seeing as i am not in a position to drop 30 bucks. I will bring up a bunch of articles to your attention that say they are in fact MSDN keys. 

Reddit: http://www.reddit.com/r/buildapcsales/comments/29g1mj/other_is_this_legit_microsoft_windows_81/

Tom's Hardware: http://www.tomshardware.com/answers/id-2211493/g2a-windows-professional-64bit-legitimate.html

Futuremark Forums: http://community.futuremark.com/forum/showthread.php?181075-How-is-windows-8-1-Pro-so-cheap-on-G2A

As you can notice a pattern. You'll notice that there is NO WHERE to buy Microsoft keys this cheap other than the MSDN program. Which is against the TOS (Terms of service) to sell them. And in turn illegal. If you were smart enough to put two and two together, you would realize no one is "nice" or getting a deal here, no one is going to sell you a piece of software for $70 less than the MSRP unless it's shady business. 

So here if you want your proof, go buy one of G2A and call Microsoft and ask about it's legitimacy. 

Now please for the love of god, stop spreading the bullshit that they're legit keys. It really annoys me. Because you're incorrect. 

There is no exact way to prove you wrong other than me buying a key and calling Microsoft to confirm it's legitimacy. Seeing as i am not in a position to drop 30 bucks. I will bring up a bunch of articles to your attention that say they are in fact MSDN keys. 

Reddit: http://www.reddit.com/r/buildapcsales/comments/29g1mj/other_is_this_legit_microsoft_windows_81/

Tom's Hardware: http://www.tomshardware.com/answers/id-2211493/g2a-windows-professional-64bit-legitimate.html

Futuremark Forums: http://community.futuremark.com/forum/showthread.php?181075-How-is-windows-8-1-Pro-so-cheap-on-G2A

As you can notice a pattern. You'll notice that there is NO WHERE to buy Microsoft keys this cheap other than the MSDN program. Which is against the TOS (Terms of service) to sell them. And in turn illegal. If you were smart enough to put two and two together, you would realize no one is "nice" or getting a deal here, no one is going to sell you a piece of software for $70 less than the MSRP unless it's shady business. 

So here if you want your proof, go buy one of G2A and call Microsoft and ask about it's legitimacy. 

Now please for the love of god, stop spreading the bullshit that they're legit keys. It really annoys me. Because you're incorrect. 

So... What is said quite a lot of times is that it all depends on the seller. 

Just because they're MSDN keys doesn't mean they're not legit copies of Windows.... Microsoft won't treat it as pirated software, and they do not expire.

I have bought 4 keys myself and had no problems. 

Also... You mad? 

So... What is said quite a lot of times is that it all depends on the seller. 

Just because they're MSDN keys doesn't mean they're not legit copies of Windows.... Microsoft won't treat it as pirated software, and they do not expire.

I have bought 4 keys myself and had no problems. 

Also... You mad? 

I will repeat myself one final time. MSDN keys are not for public use. Therefore are not LEGAL for use or sale to the public. They do expire, when the subscription to MSDN expires. 

Also the "You mad?" comment, what are you some 12 year old xbox live loser? Honestly. Grow up. 

I will repeat myself one final time. MSDN keys are not for public use. Therefore are not LEGAL for use or sale to the public. They do expire, when the subscription to MSDN expires. 

Also the "You mad?" comment, what are you some 12 year old xbox live loser? Honestly. Grow up. 

Check the comments of those links you threw my way.

Doritos and Mtn Dew 4ever

(Grow up? you're the one getting mad on a random comment on the internet) 

:)