Google's new subscription music service will reportedly be called 'YouTube Music Key'

Dietrichw

Source

nexus2cee_wm_Screenshot_2014-08-18-12-32

Google has been rumored to launch a YouTube-branded subscription music service for months now, and we're getting a big look at what it might entail when it finally launches. Android Police is reporting that the service will be called YouTube Music Key, which will offer ad-free playback, the ability to save songs and videos for offline listening, and an audio-only interface for when you're multitasking or want to have music on in the background, all for $9.99 per month.

It sounds like basically every other streaming music service out there, including Google's already-established Google Play All Access service — but at the same time as YouTube Music Key launches, Google is expected to rebrand its current offering to Google Play Music Key. It's not the best name we've ever heard, but it has a better ring to it than the current offering. It also sounds like a single $9.99 monthly subscription will include access to both the Google Play and YouTube music services

I'm not really into music streaming services, just because I don't listen to a huge variety of music due to the fact that I'm extremely picky, but for someone who listens to a lot of different music all the time that seems like a decent offer.

Don't ask to ask, just ask... please 🤨

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

What's wrong with Google Play Music

"It also sounds like a single $9.99 monthly subscription will include access to both the Google Play and YouTube music services"

$10 per month for unlimited (?) streaming and downloads of all the music on the Google Play Music store and YouTube (so you get most of the big names as well as a lot of smaller artists) actually sounds like a good deal. I'm not a music person personally, but I know a lot of people who I would expect to jump at a service like that.

(note that although Spotify appears to also be $10/month, it is also £10/month in the UK ($16.70 at time of posting), so if the conversion works out better, this could be better than spotify in the UK)

HTTP/2 203

What's wrong with Google Play Music

The fact that it is called Google Play Music All Access is ridiculous. 

The only way to deal with an unfree world is to become so absolutely free that your very existence is an act of rebellion.

... I suppose I'm not the one this service is targeted at. I listen to the same songs all the time, adding one or two each week or month (depends) usually. 

† Christian Member †

For my pertinent links to guides, reviews, and anything similar, go here, and look under the spoiler labeled such. A brief history of Unix and it's relation to OS X by Builder.

... I suppose I'm not the one this service is targeted at. I listen to the same songs all the time, adding one or two each week or month (depends) usually. 

I was doing the same thing and then I hopped onto a Spotify subscription for students. It amounts to around $4.99 a month. 

The only way to deal with an unfree world is to become so absolutely free that your very existence is an act of rebellion.

Nah Spotify is fine for me. Especially because they have a great desktop application and mobile app.

Hardware: Intel I7 4790K 4Ghz | Asus Maximus VII Hero Z97 | Gigabyte 780 Windforce OC | Noctua NH-U12P SE2 | Sandisk Extreme Pro 480GB | Seagate 500Gb 7200Rpm | Phanteks Enthoo Luxe | EVGA Supernova G2 850W | Noctua NF12 | SupremeFX 2014 | Patriot Viper 3 16GB.

Gaming Gear: Cooler Master TK Stealth | Sennheiser PC350SE | Steelseries Rival | LG IPS23L-BN ' 5ms | Philips Brillians 144hz 

Really? YOU F__KING MAKE PEOPLE PAY TO CLOSE THE BLOODY APP AND STILL HAVE THE MUSIC PLAYING? THE ONE DAMN FEATURE THAT WOULD HAVE BEEN IMPORTANT TO EVERYONE THAT USES THE APP AND YOU BLOODY BLEW IT! 

ugh.

Computing enthusiast. 
I use to be able to input a cheat code now I've got to input a credit card - Total Biscuit

Wait so you're telling me I can play music without ads and download music, as well as listen to music while doing something else? *cough* minimise tab *cough*
The only thing I can see being of merit is being able to lock the screen on Android devices without stopping playback.

CPU- 4690k @4.5ghz / 1.3v    Mobo- Asus Maximus VI Gene   RAM- 12GB GSkill Assorted 1600mhz   GPU- ASUS GTX 760 DCUII-OC 

Storage- 1TB 7200rpm WD Blue + Kingston SSDNow 240GB   PSU- Silverstone Strider ST75F-P