ASUS RoG Swift PG278Q

Love the idea of G-sync, but I will wait a while for G-sync monitors to get cheaper.

Paragon [ Intel i7 4770k @ 4.2GHz | 16GB @ 1866MHz Kingston HyperX Fury DDR3 | ASUS Z87-Pro | Zotac AMP GTX 1080 Ti | Corsair H100i GTX | Samsung 850 EVO 500GB SSD | 2 x Crucial M500 240GB SSDs | Seagate Barracuda 2TB HDD | EVGA SuperNOVA 850W G2 | Corsair Carbide 300R ] (Backup Storage: Seagate Expansion 5TB USB3.0 HDD)

ASUS ROG Swift PG279Q }

WHERE IS MY PRE-ORDER BUTTON !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'l wait.

CPU: Ryzen 2600 GPU: RX 6800 RAM: ddr4 3000Mhz 4x8GB  MOBO: MSI B450-A PRO Display: 4k120hz with freesync premium.

well i'm not a pro gamer but i like fps games and wondering if i should go for an overkill like this monitor or should i go for an ips monitor for better image like asus pb278q. all i know is i want a 27" monitor with 1440p :) does anybody have a suggestion about these 2 monitors or maybe another monitor? and another question about image quality. is there any noticeable difference between an 8 bit monitor vs 6 bit+frc monitor?

Can you please tell me what desktop background photo are you using ?

I already have a xl2720z, so should I upgrade? I bought it in January, so it's not that new anyway.

it's too bad noctua industrial fans are SO expensive

WANT! :drool: OMG! But in reality I'm going to have to wait until the price drops quite a bit and until mainstream mid range cards can run @1440p without problems. :/

this costs 700 pounds in the uk, so i wont be getting one.

Its cheaper to get a 4k gsync monitor,

Hi, could you please tell me what is the simulation/video running on the screen thru majority of the review?

Thanks!

Awesome monitor would love to get on but not for the $1500 price tag here, ill wait till they get to about $600.

Deal breaker for me is the lack of 3D Vision support out of the box. I don't want to buy a hugely expensive monitor and then STILL have to spend a fair bit more just to get a feature working that I use rarely (but not rarely enough to forego it). 1440p 3D...make it happen.

Otherwise this looks like the absolute perfect day to day monitor.

Well done with the review Linus, your consistency is one of the reasons why you are the best.

Could some generous person link me to the wallpaper used to survey the viewing angles of the monitor? 

this costs 700 pounds in the uk, so i wont be getting one.

Its cheaper to get a 4k gsync monitor,

Let me know where you can find a 4K G-Sync monitor today... 

You can buy the DIY G-Sync kit for 200 Bucks though.

CPU: Intel I7-4790k | MOBO: Asus Sabertooth Z97 Mark 1 | Ram: Corsair Vengance 32GB 1600hz | GPU: EVGA GTX980 Reference

PSU: Corsair EVGA G2 850W  | SSD: Intel 730 Series 480GB, Kingston SSDNow V300 120GB | HDD: WD Black 1TB

CPU Cooler: Corsair H105 | Case: Corsair 760T (White) | Peripherals: (2)Asus VS247H-P, Corsair M65, Corsair K70 RGB w/ Brown Switches

Frame timings seem off on this video.

Was it rendered at 24fps by mistake?

I have a gtx 770 4gb in my rig. Is it worth upgrading to this monitor?

CPU: Intel Core i7 4770 | Motherboard: Asus Z97-A | RAM: 8gb (2x4gb) Corsair LP @1600mhz | GPU: Asus TUF GTX 1660 OC 6GB | Case: Fractal Design Define R4 | Storage: 250gb Samsung 840 EVO and 1TB WD Black 7200rpm | PSU: Corsair CX750M | Display: Asus VG245H 1920x1080 | Cooling: Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO and default case fans | Laptop: Early 2015 13" Macbook Pro Retina - i5 2.7Ghz - 256GB SSD

Alright I take back my previous comment, I tried looking for one a while back but only saw the DIY kits.

That's sweet at a pretty good price too.

CPU: Intel I7-4790k | MOBO: Asus Sabertooth Z97 Mark 1 | Ram: Corsair Vengance 32GB 1600hz | GPU: EVGA GTX980 Reference

PSU: Corsair EVGA G2 850W  | SSD: Intel 730 Series 480GB, Kingston SSDNow V300 120GB | HDD: WD Black 1TB

CPU Cooler: Corsair H105 | Case: Corsair 760T (White) | Peripherals: (2)Asus VS247H-P, Corsair M65, Corsair K70 RGB w/ Brown Switches

Why no newegg link :/

We want that third link that goes nowhere because it's not out in those regions! :)

ExMachina (2016-Present) i7-6700k/GTX970/32GB RAM/250GB SSD

Picard II (2015-Present) Surface Pro 4 i5-6300U/8GB RAM/256GB SSD

LlamaBox (2014-Present) i7-4790k/GTX 980Ti/16GB RAM/500GB SSD/Asus ROG Swift

Kronos (2009-2014) i7-920/GTX680/12GB RAM/120GB SSD

awesome monitor. That price point is still a bit high at the moment, but man, if they dropped the price and made a 24" version.... Might be hard to not buy it instantly :D