ASUS RoG Swift PG278Q

Has asus announced anything on making a 24 inch gsync monitor?

Do you think this monitor could last as a beast monitor for say 5 years?

Not a chance.

i7 7700k @ 4.9ghz | Asus Maximus IX Hero | G.skill 32gb @ 3200 | Gtx 1080 classified | In win 909 | Samsung 960 pro 1tb | WD caviar blue 1tb x3 | Dell u3417w | Corsair H115i | Ducky premier dk9008p (mx reds) | Logitech g900 | Sennheiser hd 800s w/ hdvd 800 | Audioengine a5+ w/ s8

Does anyone know what this might be priced at, even an estimate?

800 dollars, TN panel and zero choice in inputs....pass.

I am in the process of purchasing a monitor for gaming. currently I am running 2x780s in sli, so a gsymc monitor is very tempting. I have found these two monitors  interesting. The links are to a Norwegian online store, but a lot of the info is in english, the price conversion is about 6000 NOK=1000 USD

https://www.komplett.no/asus-27-led-g-sync-rog-swift-pg278q/820440

https://www.komplett.no/acer-28-4k-led-g-sync-xb280hk/816993

They are about at the same price, so the question then becomes if my rig is good enough to run the 4k, and what is known about the 4K from Acer, I could not find a lot of reviews on it, actually none, help me Linus Tech Tips you are my only hope, to go with the Star Wars theme of the your rap video :P. Or if I should go rather for the 1440p from Asus, which Linus just have given a glowing approval of. Does anyone have any suggestions for me?

Unigine Heaven (benchmark software)

Thanks a lot :) .

800 dollars, TN panel and zero choice in inputs....pass.

You are so dumb I have no words to describe it.

I really want to end tearing forever, but I'm going to wait for Freesync to mature. If I had the cash or knew I wanted only Nvidia cards, I'd upgrade now. I'll stick with my Dell U2711 for now.

I am in the process of purchasing a monitor for gaming. currently I am running 2x780s in sli, so a gsymc monitor is very tempting. I have found these two monitors interesting. The links are to a Norwegian online store, but a lot of the info is in english, the price conversion is about 6000 NOK=1000 USD

https://www.komplett.no/asus-27-led-g-sync-rog-swift-pg278q/820440

https://www.komplett.no/acer-28-4k-led-g-sync-xb280hk/816993

The are about at the same price, so the question then becomes if my rig is good enough to run the 4k, and what is known about the 4K from Acer, I could not find a lot of reviews on it. Or if I should go rather for the 1440p from Asus, which Linus just have given a glowing approval of. Does anyone have any suggestions for me?

That's a tough question. At 4k, you're not going to run at ultra settings, but AA also isn't as necessary at 4k on 28". Since they're around the same price for you, I'd wait to see about the panel in the Acer.

The pre-order page is up on NCIX link.  $880 CAD... Well that is about equal to the $799US conversion.  Have it yet folks. :)

ExMachina (2016-Present) i7-6700k/GTX970/32GB RAM/250GB SSD

Picard II (2015-Present) Surface Pro 4 i5-6300U/8GB RAM/256GB SSD

LlamaBox (2014-Present) i7-4790k/GTX 980Ti/16GB RAM/500GB SSD/Asus ROG Swift

Kronos (2009-2014) i7-920/GTX680/12GB RAM/120GB SSD

Terve!

No offence to anyone, but don't you think you should be a little carefull with "next gen experience" after what we saw from other

"next gen experience" things?  ;)

Btw. I am looking to probably use three ASUS PB238Q monitors in horizontal Eye-Finity.

But that is not going to happen, if my GPU recently died...

Sayonara!

the reviews do not do justice on how GOOD gsync is

nothing wrong by being careful, but gsync is soooo smoooth and the difference is night and day 

I disagree with the review.

I would pick ULMB over G-Sync every single time.

If you are a hardcore gamer and you're system can achieve perfect frames (FPS is perfectly synchronize with refresh rate without dips) ULMB is just so much better.

If you do alot of motion panning (like on fast paced FPS or racing games), it totally reduces eye strain and improves your aiming.

Even small movement looks so buttery smooth.

If you are spending $600+ on a monitor, I bet you could spend money to get SLI or crossfire setup (like GTX 770 SLI or R9 290 CFX) which totally defeats the purpose of G-Sync.

on a sidenote, there is not even a mention if there is gamma raises past 60Hz or if there is any noticeable Image Doubling / Ghosting / Crosstalk under 144Hz non strobed or 120Hz strobed mode (which is really common on virtually all 144Hz available atm).

disappointing review is disappointing

umm.. not correct 770 sli gets 90+ fps on AAA games when u max settings

only seen blands hold stable maxed refresh rate

Waiting for my pre-order of this monitor. I didn't get it in early enough for the first wave of stock and the second wave comes in on the 15th (August), although I somehow doubt that I'll get one of that wave either. Slightly frustrated that they (scan.co.uk) won't even let me know what position in the queue I am considering how much it's cost me (and as they've taken the money already). On the bright side, at least I didn't pay as much for it as they're charging now, seems they put the price up when they realised how popular it was and how limited the stock was going to be.

I'm told that the place I got it from is getting roughly 40 of them every 2 weeks as far as they know.

I've been wanting a 1440p or 4k monitor with a 120+ Hz refresh rate for a few years now and was really excited when I first found out that someone was finally making one. It was still a tough choice between getting this monitor or getting a really nice 1440p/4k IPS screen, but I think there are just too many benefits to the ROG Swift to ignore.

It wasn't a very tough choice between the ROG Swift and a 4k 60Hz screen though. I don't think 4k is necessarily worth it until the text scaling issue in Windows is fixed and graphics cards are powerful enough to easily handle somewhat demanding games at 60+ refresh rates on them without needing 2+ expensive cards in sli.

Regardless, 144 FPS at 1440p will always be something nice to aim to hit without looking bad if it's not quite there, but not hitting around 40+ FPS at 4k will just not be a good experience imo. I'd rather have a good experience (60FPS 1440p) with the possibility of a great experience (144FPS 1440p) than a poor experience (30FPS 4k) with the possibility of a good experience (60FPS 4k). I definitely wouldn't want to get a 4k monitor without GSync (Or FreeSync eventually.......) and while these are coming out now I feel the lack of higher refresh rates and increased workload to use them just doesn't make them too viable for me at the moment.

the reviews do not do justice on how GOOD gsync is

nothing wrong by being careful, but gsync is soooo smoooth and the difference is night and day 

umm.. not correct 770 sli gets 90+ fps on AAA games when u max settings

only seen blands hold stable maxed refresh rate

You do realize ULMB works at 85Hz, 100Hz, 120Hz?

Yeah, we're all just a bunch of idiots experiencing nothing more than the placebo effect.

I have been waiting for this kind of solution.  This checks all the boxes I've been looking for: >1080p, >=27", 120 Hz +, and g-sync.  It sure costs a pretty penny though.  

I'll probably have to save up for this, but I think I'll be buying one in the fall or winter.  

Isopropyl alcohol is all you need for cleaning CPU's and motherboard components.  No, you don't need [insert cleaning solution here].  -Source: PhD Student, Chemistry

Why overclockers should understand Load-Line Calibration.

ASUS Rampage IV Black Edition || i7 3930k @ 4.5 GHz || 32 GB Corsair Vengeance CL8 || ASUS GTX 780 DCuII || ASUS Xonar Essence STX || XFX PRO 1000W

Lingering question for everyone and especially Linus who's used both:

If you personally had the choice of gaming on the LG 34UM95-P or the Asus PG278Q?

LG has IPS color and viewing angles paired with an immersive wide 21:9 panel.
Asus has the speed of it's TN display and no tearing with G-Sync.

Both come with WQHD resolutions and ~ $800-$1000 price tags.

Which would you personally choose having used both?

Lingering question for everyone and especially Linus who's used both:

If you personally had the choice of gaming on the LG 34UM95-P or the Asus PG278Q?

LG has IPS color and viewing angles paired with an immersive wide 21:9 panel.

Asus has the speed of it's TN display and no tearing with G-Sync.

Both come with WQHD resolutions and ~ $800-$1000 price tags.

Which would you personally choose having used both?

Alot of people ask that question, the answer is so simple.. What do you do with a monitor?.. You're welcome.

I now have it backordered, hoping it arrives with the first wave that hit NA.  I'll see about writing a review about it perhaps!

ExMachina (2016-Present) i7-6700k/GTX970/32GB RAM/250GB SSD

Picard II (2015-Present) Surface Pro 4 i5-6300U/8GB RAM/256GB SSD

LlamaBox (2014-Present) i7-4790k/GTX 980Ti/16GB RAM/500GB SSD/Asus ROG Swift

Kronos (2009-2014) i7-920/GTX680/12GB RAM/120GB SSD

Alot of people ask that question, the answer is so simple.. What do you do with a monitor?.. You're welcome.

Right. I'm asking for some personal answers.

HyperLime, which would you choose and what do you do that drives you to that choice?

Right. I'm asking for some personal answers.

HyperLime, which would you choose and what do you do that drives you to that choice?

I ordered the PG278Q, simply because IPS is more of a TV than a monitor, the only scenario where you would use it as a monitor is probably if you are a professional digital artist or alike. The 34UM95 is amazing beautiful, but can't support higher than 60hz refresh rates. The TN panel is a premium high end TN, and viewing angles when considering a single monitor setup are just stupid. Get the PG278Q, has much much more to offer, 3D and G-Sync. So it is future proof.

Ok a very sinful question exposing the limitations of my knowledge but will I be able to use this sreen with my macbook air? Thunderbolt is DP1.2 compatible I understand?

To reassure you, I have a Gaming PC desktop which I've just built and completely love for which the ROG Swift is intended 99.9% of the time...

but use a Macbook Air as my laptop and while I don't expect to use the ROG swift screen very often with my laptop, it would be nice from time to time when working on big work files at home (obviously without G-Sync/other Nvidia features).

Not going to impact my purchase decision but.... as I'm stuck waiting for the next batch to arrive in the UK...pre-ordered and paid on July 15th and have to wait till end of August looks like...I'm thinking of ways I'll be able to use this beautiful machine.

£600 is alot for a monitor. Unless you're a competitive player (who favors LCD)i don't see the point. 

Our Grace. The Feathered One. He shows us the way. His bob is majestic and shows us the path. Follow unto his guidance and His example. He knows the one true path. Our Saviour. Our Grace. Our Father Birb has taught us with His humble heart and gentle wing the way of the bob. Let us show Him our reverence and follow in His example. The True Path of the Feathered One. ~ Dimboble-dubabob III