ASUS RoG Swift PG278Q

This thing looks awesome, but honestly, I really wish they had included another input, at least hdmi. Especially for kids in college who can only fit one screen in their dorm room.

Or like me, i hook up my 360 to my pc monitor when I wanna play a console only game like gta v.

Intel i7 8700k @ 5.3GHz - Asus Maximus X Hero - 16GB Gskill TridentZ RGB 3200Mhz - EVGA GTX 1080 Ti FTW3 - Viotek 27" 1440p 144hz curved- Corsair AX860i - CM H500M - Custom watercooling loop (BlackIce GT 360mm w/ Corsair SP120s in pull) - Swiftech MCP35X Pump - XSPC WaterBlock - Intel 760p 512gb nvme m.2 + [2x] 512GB Samsung 850 Pro SSDs (RAID0) + 512GB Samsung 840 pro + (2) 2TB WD Black + 1TB WD Black + 1TB SCSI WD External for Plex Media Server storage - CM QuickFire TK w/ Cherry MX Blues - Roccat Tyon - VModa Crossfade LP - Klipsche ProMedia 2.1's pushed with a FiiO Andes F07K DAC

the reviews do not do justice on how GOOD gsync is

nothing wrong by being careful, but gsync is soooo smoooth and the difference is night and day 

Terve!

That was a little joke, because of what we were getting with "next gen consoles".

As a "member" of the red team, I will have to wate a little tough.

Sayonara!

Hello,

Can anyone explain how the price on us amazon is around 500$ while in europe its 950€+ (1270$) ?

I would buy one at 500$ right now, but going on the german amazon and seeing it prices at 1k euros crushed my dreams. Why is the difference so fkin big?

Hello,

Can anyone explain how the price on us amazon is around 500$ while in europe its 950€+ (1270$) ?

I would buy one at 500$ right now, but going on the german amazon and seeing it prices at 1k euros crushed my dreams. Why is the difference so fkin big?

Are you sure you're looking at the right monitor? My searches for the ROG SWIFT and PG278Q both returned another ASUS monitor at the top of the search results on the USA version of Amazon (ASUS PB278Q at about $500). I couldn't find it at all on New Egg either. It's possible that my search fu is weak, but I also read in a few places that the ROG SWIFT won't be hitting the USA until the end of August or in September and that the price will be roughly $799.

There's still a fairly large price difference but I imagine that a largeish chunk of that comes from a combination of transport costs and import tax. The rest is probably just because they feel that they can charge more due to the average person in countries where it's higher being able to afford more than they can in the USA or because their previous sales data shows that people in those countries are willing to spend more.

The other possibility is that a lot of stores are currently selling them at a premium due to the high demand for the monitor and the low supply. It's possible that the price will drop a bit when they've not got backorders any more and the rate of selling them has dropped significantly.

Are you sure you're looking at the right monitor? My searches for the ROG SWIFT and PG278Q both returned another ASUS monitor at the top of the search results on the USA version of Amazon (ASUS PB278Q at about $500). I couldn't find it at all on New Egg either. It's possible that my search fu is weak, but I also read in a few places that the ROG SWIFT won't be hitting the USA until the end of August or in September and that the price will be roughly $799.

There's still a fairly large price difference but I imagine that a largeish chunk of that comes from a combination of transport costs and import tax. The rest is probably just because they feel that they can charge more due to the average person in countries where it's higher being able to afford more than they can in the USA or because their previous sales data shows that people in those countries are willing to spend more.

The other possibility is that a lot of stores are currently selling them at a premium due to the high demand for the monitor and the low supply. It's possible that the price will drop a bit when they've not got backorders any more and the rate of selling them has dropped significantly.

977 euros here as well.. fml!That is too damn expensive!

i5 3570k @4.all over the place || CM Hyper TX3 Evo || ASRock Z77 professional-m || 8GB G.SKILL Ripjaws Z 2400mhz CL10 || MSI GTX770 2GB OC'd 1280/3825mhz || ADATA SP900 128GB || Fractal Design Arc Mini R2 || Logitech G502 || Audio Technica ATH-M50

A spy is always better than a ninja!See burn notice. EVERYTHING is just a number!

977 euros here as well.. fml!That is too damn expensive!

Yea, it's £680 ish here (850 euros / $1127). But it is the only monitor of it's type pretty much =/ If you want something similar then you either have to wait probably quite a while for it or buy an overclocked monitor that won't perform as well. There's always a hell of a premium on the latest technology, personally I only usually pay the premium if it's a big enough (in my opinion) step up from what I already have, otherwise it's usually worth just waiting.

The ROG SWIFT is a big step up from the monitor I'm currently using (in resolution, refresh rate and features), so I went for it. Just hoping that the "out of bounds" error that I've read the monitor has been having with GSync at 60FPS+ is fixed soon (it seems to be related to nvidia drivers from what I've heard) *crosses fingers*

A very cool monitor, but unfortunately I will not be getting it for two reasons:

1) I run a multi-device setup; being limited to a single DisplayPort connection really limits my options here. I hope in the future that G-Sync allows HDMI and DVI. They don't even need to use the G-sync feature, and that is fine by me.

2) With how I run my workplace, I actually need the IPS features. so no TN for me.

Read the community standards; it's like a guide on how to not be a moron.

Gerdauf's Law: Each and every human being, without exception, is the direct carbon copy of the types of people that he/she bitterly opposes.

Remember, calling facts opinions does not ever make the facts opinions, no matter what nonsense you pull.

When the next line of AMD graphics cards comes out hopefully in the spring, I am going to get an r9 290 so I can use this monitor at reasonable frames. I don't need G sync. I'm perfectly happy with 60 frames TBH. Everyone says 1440p gaming is so much better and I want to get in on the fun so I don't feel left out. At 27 inches this should look very nice. 

Here's Paul's overview on it. 

I get 60 frames at 1080p on a dual core APU. Ask me how.

AMD FX 8350 CPU / R9 280X GPU / Asus M5A97 LE R 2.0 motherboard / 8GB Kingston HyperX Blue 1600 RAM / 128G OCZ Vertex 4 SSD / 256G Crucial SSD / 2T WD Black HDD / 1T Seagate Barracude HDD / Antec Earthwatts 650W PSU / Coolermaster HAF 922 Case

i picked up the swift i don't have any problems paying the early adopters fee for gsync but i really do hope the tech gets cheaper though for the more reserved pc users

Where did you guys even get it from? I still can't find it anywhere

Where did you guys even get it from? I still can't find it anywhere

Got mine from PC Case Gear in aus.

Got mine from PC Case Gear in aus.

Guess I still have to wait a while in Canada :P

Any one have a direct Amazon link? I know they are sold out, I want to keep an eye on it.

I see people in America are getting theirs already and I'm stuck here in Canada waiting for an unknown amount of time  <_<  

I see people in America are getting theirs already and I'm stuck here in Canada waiting for an unknown amount of time  <_<  

Just a little insider tip, but I know of one Canadian retailer (Ontario) got their first shipment of the Swifts on Friday.  From that I'm expecting others to pop up sometime this week.

ExMachina (2016-Present) i7-6700k/GTX970/32GB RAM/250GB SSD

Picard II (2015-Present) Surface Pro 4 i5-6300U/8GB RAM/256GB SSD

LlamaBox (2014-Present) i7-4790k/GTX 980Ti/16GB RAM/500GB SSD/Asus ROG Swift

Kronos (2009-2014) i7-920/GTX680/12GB RAM/120GB SSD

Just a little insider tip, but I know of one Canadian retailer (Ontario) got their first shipment of the Swifts on Friday.  From that I'm expecting others to pop up sometime this week.

You were right. Got mine today  :D

When the next line of AMD graphics cards comes out hopefully in the spring, I am going to get an r9 290 so I can use this monitor at reasonable frames. I don't need G sync. I'm perfectly happy with 60 frames TBH. Everyone says 1440p gaming is so much better and I want to get in on the fun so I don't feel left out. At 27 inches this should look very nice. 

Here's Paul's overview on it. 

what case is that? it is like perfect.

CPU: i7 4770k@4.3Ghz GPU: GTX 780ti Motherboard: ROG maximus vi formula PSU: Evga supernova 1000w Platinum

Case: NZXT Switch 810 Memory: g.skill ripjaws X Cooler: Corsair h100i(getting custom loop when i get money next) Storage: Samsung 840 evo 250gb Keyboard: Corsair K95 Mouse: SteelSeries Rival

You were right. Got mine today  :D

Got mine today!  Going to use it for a little while and then hopefully put together a little comparative review.  Until then... 144Hz Skyrim!

what case is that? it is like perfect.

Build quality is horrible though. At that price point the only reason to get it would be the looks.

SimRacer - Casual FSX Pilot!

Spoiler

Mobo: MSI B550 Tomahawk | CPU: Ryzen R5 3600 | GPU: Vega 64 Sapphire Nitro | RAM: 16GB Crucial Ballistix DDR4 3200Mhz | PSU: EVGA P2 1000W 80Plus Platinum | Storage: 256GB Samsung 840 Pro SSD - 1TB WD Black - 2TB Seagate HDD | Cooling: Dark Rock Pro 3, Noiseblocker eLoop Fans | Case: Phanteks Enthoo Luxe | Audio: Sennheiser HD598 - JBL LSR305s | Display: BenQ EX3501R, Asus VG278H

Spoiler

Typing this post on the Swift now, my first G-Sync enabled forum experience.  I've never seen posting this smooth!

Corsair 760T :P

yea i might buy it and re install my pc in it.

CPU: i7 4770k@4.3Ghz GPU: GTX 780ti Motherboard: ROG maximus vi formula PSU: Evga supernova 1000w Platinum

Case: NZXT Switch 810 Memory: g.skill ripjaws X Cooler: Corsair h100i(getting custom loop when i get money next) Storage: Samsung 840 evo 250gb Keyboard: Corsair K95 Mouse: SteelSeries Rival

Kind of regret getting my PB278Q only a few months ago. Then again it was about half the price of this.

CPU: 3570K @ 4.2 | RAM: 16GB Corsair | GPU: EVGA GTX 780ti ACX SC | PSU: Corsair AX850 | Monitor: Asus PB278Q | Sound: ATH-M50X | Mic: Blue Snowball

• 1 month later...

I can't find this anywhere! its driving me crazy...

is it discontinued or something??