Shaving Your Face

cae

If you shave, how do you do it? Cartridge? Double edge? Straight razor? :o Electric? Some sort of Nair for your face? What brand(s) do you like?

Do you put goo on your face? If so, what kind of goo?

Are you happy with your shaving experience? What would make it better?

What kind of hair do you have, and how does that affect your routine?

I shave my face with a delta fan

-The Bellerophon- Obsidian 550D-i5-3570k@4.5Ghz -Asus Sabertooth Z77-16GB Corsair Dominator Platinum 1866Mhz-x2 EVGA GTX 760 Dual FTW 4GB-Creative Sound Blaster XF-i Titanium-OCZ Vertex Plus 120GB-Seagate Barracuda 2TB- https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/60154-the-not-really-a-build-log-build-log/ Twofold http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/121043-twofold-a-dual-itx-system/ How great is EVGA? http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/110662-evga-how-great-are-they/#entry1478299

i use Bic razors... like the really cheap kind, except int eh 4 blade model xD 

My Car: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/274320-the-long-awaited-car-thread/?p=4442206

CPU: i5 4590 |Motherboard: ASRock H97M PRO4|Memory: Corsair Vengance 8gbs|Storage: WD Caviar Blue 1TB|GPU: ZOTAC GTX 760 2gb|PSU: Thermaltech TR2 500W|Monitors: LG24M35 24" & Dual 19"|Mouse:Razer DeathAdder 2013 with SteelSeries Qck mini|Keyboard: Ducky DK2087 Zero MX Red|Headset: HyperX Cloud|Cooling: Corsair 120mm blue LED, Lepa vortex 120mm, stock 120mm|Case:Enermax Ostrog Blue Windowed

Parker 96R double edge razor with wilkinson sword blades.

Arko shaving stick. Wilkinson sword shaving brush. Bought a derby shaving stick but yet to use it (I've been using the same arko stick for over a year. Man for £2 that stuff lasts AGES)

Osma alum block to finish off after I've done shaving. Takes the sting and any small nicks away.

Sometimes use a straight razor if I need to shape my beard again, but thats rare as I thread the excess hair from my beard curve, although I'm a boss at using straight razors.

I'm happy with my shaving experience, the blades cut nicely, the razor has a nice weight to it, the arko stick lathers nicely, and the alum block takes away any sting at the end of my shave. Some don't like the smell of arko, but I think it smells okay.

"The only person you are destined to become is the person you decide to be."

CPU: Intel i5 4690K - Motherboard: Asus Maximus VII Ranger - RAM: Corsair Vengeance LP - 2x4GB @ 1866Mhz - GPU: MSI Twin Frozr GTX 770 4GB - CPU Cooler: Be Quiet! Dark Rock Pro 3 CPU Cooler - PSU: EVGA SuperNova G2 750W - Storage: Seagate Barracuda 2TB HDD- Case: Fractal Design Define R4 Windowed (with Red AKASA Led Strips) - Display: Benq GL2460HM 24" Monitor

FztM2Jp.gif

I don't shave since it grows so slow... Since 5th grade I had a mustache stubble, then around 11th I "grew" a goatee stubble.

| CPU: An abacus | Motherboard: Tin foil | RAM: 2 Popsicle sticks | GPU: Virtual Boy | Case: Cardboard box | Storage: Cardboard | PSU: 3... Er... Make that 2 hamsters | Display(s): Broken glass | Cooling: Brawndo | Keyboard: More cardboard | Mouse: Jerry | Sound: 2 Cans of SpaghettiO's |

Does it look like I shave BOY!

Do not  as I  do, and  not  as I say. Instead do as you may..

HSS Revenir: CPU=i7 5960x @4.5GHz Heatsink=Corsair H100i MOBO=ROG Rampage 5 RAM=Kingston HyperX Predator 16GB @3000MHz SSD=Corsair Neutron GTX 480GB GPU=R9 295x2 PSU=Corsair AX1500i OS=Windows 7 Ultimate

THIS MAY BE TMI FOR SOME.

I can't really shave all that much even though I'm 17. If you don't know me I have ADHD. I take medication to help cope with the disorder. The problem is, is that the medication slows down multiple things in my body. Let's just say the changes have been prolonged. They will still be done with the same job but I have been taking longer then most guys. When I shave me whiskers on ma face I use the Gillette Fusion ProGlide and the Gillette Gel. The good thing is since I can't shave as much it doesn't cost me a fortune but I do notice I have to do it more and more.

Current System: CPU - I5-6500 | Motherboard - ASRock H170M-ITX/ac | RAM - Mushkin Blackline 16GB DDR4 @ 2400mHz | GPU - EVGA 1060 3GB | Case - Fractal Design Nano S | Storage - 250GB 850 EVO, 3TB Barracuda | PSU - EVGA 450W 80+ Bronze | Display - AOC 22" 1080p IPS | Cooling - Phanteks PH-TC12DX_BK | Keyboard - Cooler Master QuickFire Rapid(MX Blues) | Mouse - Logitech G602 | Sound - Schiit Stack | Operating System - Windows 10

The OG System: I3-2370M @ 2.4 GHz, 750GB 5400 RPM HDD, 8GB RAM @1333Mhz, Lenovo Z580 Laptop (Ubuntu 16.04 LTS).

Peripherals: G602, AKG 240, Sennheiser HD 6XX, Audio-Technica 2500, Oneplus 5T, Odroid C2(NAS).

post-54950-0-38520600-1407215267.jpg

post-54950-0-38520600-1407215267.jpg

CORSAIR RIPPER: AMD 3970X - 3080TI & 2080TI - 64GB Ram - 2.5TB NVME SSD's - 35" G-Sync 120hz 1440P
MFB (Mining/Folding/Boinc): AMD 1600 - 3080 & 1080Ti - 16GB Ram - 240GB SSD
Dell OPTIPLEX:  Intel i5 6500 - 8GB Ram - 256GB SSD

PC & CONSOLE GAMER

Don't shave, grow a beard, be a man.

Seriously though, I'm growing a beard again so I don't shave right now. Usually I would use a beard trimmer to trim it down to a few millimeters and then leave it at that or use my electrical razor to get a clean shave.

Parker 96R double edge razor with wilkinson sword blades.

Arko shaving stick. Wilkinson sword shaving brush. Bought a derby shaving stick but yet to use it (I've been using the same arko stick for over a year. Man for £2 that stuff lasts AGES)

Osma alum block to finish off after I've done shaving. Takes the sting and any small nicks away.

Sometimes use a straight razor if I need to shape my beard again, but thats rare as I thread the excess hair from my beard curve, although I'm a boss at using straight razors.

I'm happy with my shaving experience, the blades cut nicely, the razor has a nice weight to it, the arko stick lathers nicely, and the alum block takes away any sting at the end of my shave. Some don't like the smell of arko, but I think it smells okay.

Aw man, I love arko. Got myself the 12 pack, then realized I commited to shaving with this stuff for years to come. But my favourite is still taylor of old bondstreet and proraso red

I use edge shaving cream and a 4 blade razor that I've been using for a long time

I barely shave, so as long as it gets rid of the hair I'm fine

Linux "nerd".  If I helped you please like my post and maybe add me as a friend :)  ^_^!

I use that Dollar Shave Club. Seriously. I used Linus' sponsor link and signed up for it. I use their razors and shave butter.

And I use Stetson Black for after shave. It burns so good.

Case: Fractal Design Define R4 MB: MSI Z77A-GD55  CPU: i5 3330 OCd to 3.4Ghz CPU Cooler: Corsair H100i RAM: Kingston HyperX Blu 2x8GB @ 1600MHz GPU: Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 Gaming PSU: Seasonic M12II 650W HDD: Two Seagate Barracuda 2TB @ 7200 RPM SSD: Samsung 840 EVO 250GB

Well, @cae, i could type for hours about our conversation, but I think it is easier to link you to this: 

I just don't want to Baraka my face for another 3 weeks or more to get the practice makes perfect shave. I can echo this guy's feelings about the DE.

I really do like the Taylor of Old Bond Street almond shaving cream, that's definitely going to stay. Have an Edwin Jagger DE89Lbl and shaving brush. Like the brush, and the handle is probably great, but it's pretty much a paperweight now.

I use hair trimmers and shave my face and head at the same time, usually on fridays. I've thought about dollar shave club, but it seems like a lot of work and I don't mind looking scruffy for a few days at the end of the week. 

I just don't want to Baraka my face for another 3 weeks or more to get the practice makes perfect shave. I can echo this guy's feelings about the DE.

I really do like the Taylor of Old Bond Street almond shaving cream, that's definitely going to stay. Have an Edwin Jagger DE89Lbl and shaving brush. Like the brush, and the handle is probably great, but it's pretty much a paperweight now.

Looks like you tried more than I thought. Fair enough, all the power to you.

Electric. But I only do my neck and parts of my face. Beards ftw.

I plan on buying a Mach3 cartridge compatible handle soon and I'll try doing that instead. Not quite as easy as an electric but it's a little closer of a shave.

I have manly hair.

CPU: Ryzen 9 5900 Cooler: EVGA CLC280 Motherboard: Gigabyte B550i Pro AX RAM: Kingston Hyper X 32GB 3200mhz

Storage: WD 750 SE 500GB, WD 730 SE 1TB GPU: EVGA RTX 3070 Ti PSU: Corsair SF750 Case: Streacom DA2

Monitor: LG 27GL83B Mouse: Razer Basilisk V2 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red Speakers: Mackie CR5BT

MiniPC - Sold for $100 Profit

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i3 4160 Cooler: Integrated Motherboard: Integrated

RAM: G.Skill RipJaws 16GB DDR3 Storage: Transcend MSA370 128GB GPU: Intel 4400 Graphics

PSU: Integrated Case: Shuttle XPC Slim

Monitor: LG 29WK500 Mouse: G.Skill MX780 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

Budget Rig 1 - Sold For $750 Profit

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i5 7600k Cooler: CryOrig H7 Motherboard: MSI Z270 M5

RAM: Crucial LPX 16GB DDR4 Storage: Intel S3510 800GB GPU: Nvidia GTX 980

PSU: Corsair CX650M Case: EVGA DG73

Monitor: LG 29WK500 Mouse: G.Skill MX780 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

OG Gaming Rig - Gone

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i5 4690k Cooler: Corsair H100i V2 Motherboard: MSI Z97i AC ITX

RAM: Crucial Ballistix 16GB DDR3 Storage: Kingston Fury 240GB GPU: Asus Strix GTX 970

PSU: Thermaltake TR2 Case: Phanteks Enthoo Evolv ITX

Monitor: Dell P2214H x2 Mouse: Logitech MX Master Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

I don't really have a lot of growth at the moment. It takes me around a week to grow patches of thick but few and spaced-out hair (i.e, the patches dont have as much hair in them but each individual hair is thick) that are around 3-5mm long. I just use whatever is cheapest but with decent quality at the moment I'm using some cheaper Schick razors. I would sign up for DSC but I don't really shave enough to justify it. The older I get the bigger the patches get, so hopefully by the time I'm in my 20's I'll be able to grow a full beard. Right now I get hair on my chin, sideburns, jawline and the moustache area and some on my cheeks.

waffle waffle waffle on and on and on

I don't really have a lot of growth at the moment. It takes me around a week to grow patches of thick but few and spaced-out hair (i.e, the patches dont have as much hair in them but each individual hair is thick) that are around 3-5mm long. I just use whatever is cheapest but with decent quality at the moment I'm using some cheaper Schick razors. I would sign up for DSC but I don't really shave enough to justify it. The older I get the bigger the patches get, so hopefully by the time I'm in my 20's I'll be able to grow a full beard. Right now I get hair on my chin, sideburns, jawline and the moustache area and some on my cheeks.

That's kind of how my beard grew in. Real spotty at first, but not very thick. Looked terrible so I always shaved. When I was ~25 or so I didn't shave one Christmas holiday and it finally grew in nicely. Can't go too crazy with the beard because all my hairs grow straight; there's no bushiness to them. Have to keep it under about 13mm or it starts to look funky. Good luck!

That's kind of how my beard grew in. Real spotty at first, but not very thick. Looked terrible so I always shaved. When I was ~25 or so I didn't shave one Christmas holiday and it finally grew in nicely. Can't go too crazy with the beard because all my hairs grow straight; there's no bushiness to them. Have to keep it under about 13mm or it starts to look funky. Good luck!

That's pretty cool. Mine looks like this, just with less hair and more patchiness. Probably when I'm your age it will look like that, which I'd be pretty happy with.

waffle waffle waffle on and on and on

I use an electric razor, simply because it's easy, can't cut myself, and there's little to no setup.

COMIC SANS

baby faced my entire life never had to shave :P 

Specs

CPU: i5 4670k i won the silicon lottery Cooler: Corsair H100i w/ 2x Corsair SP120 quiet editions Mobo: ASUS Z97 SABERTOOTH MARK 1 Ram: Corsair Platnums 16gb (4x4gb) Storage: Samsun 840 evo 256gb and random hard drives GPU: EVGA acx 2.0 gtx 980 PSU: Corsair RM 850w Case: Fractal Arc Midi R2 windowed