Formula One 2014 not coming to new consoles. PC and last gen only

Davehaslanded

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7cITOgqq3PA

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2014-07-31-f1-2014-is-pc-and-last-gen-only

So the newest F1 game isn't coming to the new consoles. That's now 2 games from Codemasters that have neglected the new consoles. Grid Autosport also launched on PC and last Gen only.

Codemasters do state they will release a F1 2015 version on the new consoles, but obviously not until next year. So is this a sign that Codemasters are taking time to learn the ins and outs of the new console or something else?

While i may skip this year anyway (at least until it hits a steam sale at the end of the F1 season ) i still have the option to play it if i want too. Whereas my brother (A PS4 owner) is a little disappointed.

Spoiler
  • Primary PC (Photo editing and gaming on a 4k Monitor): Intel I7 4790k @4.5ghz @1.2v | 24GB  Corsair Vengeance Ram @1600Mhz | 1x Palit GTX 1080 JetStream| 480GB Crucial SSD | 2x WD Blue 500gb | Corsair RM1000 | Corsair 600t
  • Secondary PC (Gaming and watching films on a 42" 4K LG IPS TV @4k60): Inteli7 4790k | Corsair H60 | Asus H81l-plus ITX | 16GB Kingston Hyperx Beast 1600MHz | 1x GTX 980 G1 Windforce| 1x Samsung 1 TB 850 EVO SSD |Corsair CXM750W | Coolermaster Elite 130

meh

My PC

[ I5 4690k (no oc) - Gigabyte Z97 D3H - 8GB Ram - Sapphire R9 280X Vapor-X ]

Userbase is still small, those games only sell for a year then they are totally dead, so I can understand the move.

Userbase is still small, those games only sell for a year then they are totally dead, so I can understand the move.

Not in Europe and the UK. Plus there is a big push to spread its popularity, thus why The US now has a dedicated race tracks and there are plans for a race in Jersey next year. This year also marks the first ever race in Russia. I also believe the sport is very popular in Australia.

Spoiler
  • Primary PC (Photo editing and gaming on a 4k Monitor): Intel I7 4790k @4.5ghz @1.2v | 24GB  Corsair Vengeance Ram @1600Mhz | 1x Palit GTX 1080 JetStream| 480GB Crucial SSD | 2x WD Blue 500gb | Corsair RM1000 | Corsair 600t
  • Secondary PC (Gaming and watching films on a 42" 4K LG IPS TV @4k60): Inteli7 4790k | Corsair H60 | Asus H81l-plus ITX | 16GB Kingston Hyperx Beast 1600MHz | 1x GTX 980 G1 Windforce| 1x Samsung 1 TB 850 EVO SSD |Corsair CXM750W | Coolermaster Elite 130

What is last gen?

I only know of prehistoric gen and medieval gen.

Im still playing F1 2013 just finished race an hour ago.

I dont see why anyone would buy it... first of all they wont upgrade much a few small tweaks here and there, adds turbo soud, digital steeringwheel display and done?in reality cars did change 6 cylinder from8 + turbo but ingame all it needs is a small adjustment barely worth of a 10$ expansion DLC.

Yet they will charge 60$ for it or 50 euro whatever i think they are very silly...

Im gonna save my money and buy a steering wheel this month for upcoming online racer project cars and f1 2013 but f1 2014? i dont see the point codemasters doing what EA did with NFS series but they actually put a ton less work (if any) in each year revision and they ask full price,sorry dont cry about piracy then,i bought f1 2013 on sale since last year at 1/3rd the release price since thats the real value.

Best f1 racer but still not worth it every year,mods are enough for me.

Im still playing F1 2013 just finished race an hour ago.

I dont see why anyone would buy it... first of all they wont upgrade much a few small tweaks here and there, adds turbo soud, digital steeringwheel display and done?in reality cars did change 6 cylinder from8 + turbo but ingame all it needs is a small adjustment barely worth of a 10$ expansion DLC.

Yet they will charge 60$ for it or 50 euro whatever i think they are very silly...

Im gonna save my money and buy a steering wheel this month for upcoming online racer project cars and f1 2013 but f1 2014? i dont see the point codemasters doing what EA did with NFS series but they actually put a ton less work (if any) in each year revision and they ask full price,sorry dont cry about piracy then,i bought f1 2013 on sale since last year at 1/3rd the release price since thats the real value.

Best f1 racer but still not worth it every year,mods are enough for me.

I'm planning to get a steering wheel later this year too. Probably the logitech with clutch pedal and manual shifter. Mine intention is to eventually play games with that and the consumer oculus rift for the ultimate, immerse experience.

Spoiler

I'm planning to get a steering wheel later this year too. Probably the logitech with clutch pedal and manual shifter. Mine intention is to eventually play games with that and the consumer oculus rift for the ultimate, immerse experience.

great tho i cant afford a logitech g27 best wheel on market but way too expensive ill have to be satisfied with something less, any recomendations? something 100-150$ tops...

Yes! That'll show the consoles that PC and last gen are better than that snooty new gen console.

"If it has tits or tires, at some point you will have problems with it." -@vinyldash303

this is probably the only place i'll hang out anymore: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/274320-the-long-awaited-car-thread/

Current Rig: Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600, Abit IN9-32MAX nForce 680i board, Galaxy GT610 1GB DDR3 gpu, Cooler Master Mystique 632S Full ATX case, 1 2TB Seagate Barracuda SATA and 1x200gb Maxtor SATA drives, 1 LG SATA DVD drive, Windows 10. All currently runs like shit :D 

great tho i cant afford a logitech g27 best wheel on market but way too expensive ill have to be satisfied with something less, any recomendations? something 100-150$ tops...

No idea i'm afraid. For a start im in England and our prices are completely different to yours

Spoiler

Im still on F1 2012...

These games could so easily be 30 a piece as DLC, but the FIA wouldn't stand for that. Full game or GTFO. 

They don't even line up the releases properly. 

F1 season is half done, yet no 2014 game for the 2014 season. Yea, lets release 2014 once the F1 season is almost done. That makes sense.

The British Grand Prix might be changing from Silverstone to a London Street Circuit

Shiver me timbers what part of London?

Whenever I'm unfortunate enough to have to drive there it's always an extreme traffic situation as it is, I cannot imagine the chaos of closing part of it off and having an influx of extra people/cars in the area.

Shiver me timbers what part of London?

Whenever I'm unfortunate enough to have to drive there it's always an extreme traffic situation as it is, I cannot imagine the chaos of closing part of it off and having an influx of extra people/cars in the area.

Central london: 

As you can see from video, idea is a few years old and i think it would be a one off, not annually like monaco

Spoiler

I've seen this years Grand Prix at silver stone, and I am sure that quite a few loyal fans, including me, would be very annoyed

On the game side of things,

yay

well done CodeMasters

Seriously, besides the Mec, all other cars of this season are so ugly......finger-noses. I'll skip F1 2014.

Just get a g25 it's just as good.

Rig 1 CPU: 3570K Motherboard: V Gene GPU: Power Color r9 280x at 1.35GHZ  RAM: 16 GB 1600mhz PSU: Cougar CMX 700W Storage: 1x Plexor M5S 256GB 1x 1TB HDD 1x 3TB GREEN HDD Case: Coolermaster HAFXB Cooling: Intel Watercooler
"My day so far, I've fixed 4 computers and caught a dog. Australian Tech Industry is weird."

"It's bent so far to the right, It's a hook."

If they're going to release F1 2015 on the new consoles then it's not that big of a deal. 

Codemasters still doesn't have a new engine which means they are still milking the old generation to death (Grid Autosport/F1 2014, possibly a new Dirt?)

144Hz goodness

The British Grand Prix might be changing from Silverstone to a London Street Circuit

That would be great, I'm moving down there in a few weeks and haven't been to an F1 race yet.

12600k | MSI MEG S280 | SSUPD Meshilicious | Asus ROG STRIX Z690-I | Crucial 16GB 4800MHz CL38 | MSI Gaming 980Ti | CM V850 SFX | WD SN850 1TB, WD SN550 1TB 
Pi 4TB NAS | Asus VG27AQ, Asus PB278Q | Logitech G Pro X Superlight | Glorious G-HXL-STEALTH | Keychron K4 V2 | Sennheiser HD 599 w/ Fiio E10

Don't forget to mention they are making a 2015 game right away for the x86 architecture, which will involve a lot more realistic physics, graphics, a whole new engine and great features for PC, just a few months into the next season; they also promise seasonly updates to driver and car performances, looks and designs.

Don't forget to mention they are making a 2015 game right away for the x86 architecture, which will involve a lot more realistic physics, graphics, a whole new engine and great features for PC, just a few months into the next season; they also promise seasonly updates to driver and car performances, looks and designs.

I'm yet to see any confirmation that version is for PC. Their Press release only mentioned the Xbox one and PS4

Spoiler