Crucial Ballistix Elite, Ballistix Sport DDR4 Memory Kits Available For Pre-order At OCUK – 16 GB Kit Starts At £169.99, 32 GB At £329.99

X1XNobleX1X

This year at Computex 2014, Crucial displayed their latest DDR4 memory kits included their renowned Ballistix brand. While the Haswell-E platform is still a month away from launch, the DDR4 memory kits have begun to appear across several retail outlets such as Overclockers.Co.Uk who have listed Crucial’s entire DDR4 lineup and available for pre-order.

Crucial Ballistix Elite, Ballistix Sport and Value DDR4 Memory Kits Available For Pre-order At OCUK

One of the most interesting features regarding the upcoming Haswell-E HEDT platform is the fact that it will be the first consumer platform to support DDR4 memory (optimized for quad channel operation). Being Intel’s high-end platform, it will also include the first 8 core processor from Intel codenamed Core i7-5960X based on Intel’s Haswell microarchitecture. While we still have to see real-time performance benefits of DDR4 memory in action, we know now what kind of prices to expect from the upcoming memory kits for future generation platforms.

OCUK have listed a total of eight memory kits for pre-order which include four 16 GB DDR4 memory and four 32 GB DDR4 memory kits. Each memory kit belongs to a different brand, the top-tier “Ballistix Elite” brand would be the expensive of the bunch followed by “Ballistix Sport” which features a low-profile heatsink incase you are using high-end coolers which may cause installation issues using memory with bigger heatsinks and the “Value” series which are optimized for stability and feature low cost compared to the Ballistix series memory kits.

The Ballistix elite memory comes in four variants, two 16 GB and two 32 GB kits. The most high-end memory you can grab under this brand is clocked at 3000 MHz (CAS 15), 4 x 8 GB DIMMs and priced at £666.66 while the 2666 MHz clocked kit is priced at £479.99. The 16 GB kits also have the same specifications, one comes in 3000 MHz at£329.99 while the 2666 MHz kit is priced at £239.99. The Ballistix Elite memory features a maximum bandwidth of 24 GB/s delivering improved system performance and responsiveness since the processor can access data faster and delivers up to 40 percent more efficiency compared to standard DDR3 memory type. The Ballistix Elite brand is designed with gamers in mind hence is optimized towards the Intel X99 platform with support for XMP 2.0 profile.

The memory modules feature an aggressively styled anodized aluminum heat spreader which helps dissipate heat more effectively while the memory stick uses a full black PCB which looks great from an aesthetic point of view. It even comes with the M.O.D (Memory Overview Display) utility that allows users to monitor thermals in real time.

Features:

Speeds start at 2666 MT/s and faster speeds are expected to be available as DDR4 technology matures

Faster speeds and responsiveness than standard Crucial DDR4 memory

Four channel memory architecture maximizes data rates

Integrated heat spreader and black PCB

Easy plug-and-play installation

Intel XMP 2.0 profiles for easy configuration1

Optimized for the latest Intel X99 platforms (X99 Platform required)

Limited lifetime warranty

Specifications:

3000MHz/2666 MHz (PC4-24000/21300)

CAS Timings: 15-15-15 TBC

Voltage: 1.20v

Next up, we have the Crucial’s Ballistix Sport memory which are optimized for a wide variety of users since they are available in a wide range of module types, configurations, and heat spreader options. Sport modules are available in UDIMM/SODIMM form factors, DDR3/DDR4 memory technology, and tall/short height profile. These are available in two memory kits which include a 32 GB clocked at 2400 MHz (CAS 16) priced at £359.99 and a 16 GB variant clocked at 2400 MHz (CAS 16) priced at £179.99.

Features:

Speeds start at 2400 MT/s and faster speeds are expected to be available as DDR4 technology matures

Faster speeds and responsiveness than standard Crucial DDR4 memory

Four channel memory architecture maximizes data rates

Integrated heat spreader and black PCB

Easy plug-and-play installation

Intel XMP 2.0 profiles for easy configuration1

Optimized for the latest Intel X99 platforms (X99 Platform required)

Limited lifetime warranty

Specifications:

2400MHz (PC4-19200)

CAS Timings: 16-16-16

Last up are the Crucial Value series DDR4 memory kits which come in 32 GB and 16 GB variants clocked at 2133 MHz (CAS 16) and priced at £329.99 and £169.99 respectively. Both variants come without any heatsink so you’ll be able to find very little overclocking on this series if you are lucky but at the end of the day, more users who are on a budget will aim for the value series since they offer just about the same performance to users who are not in to overclocking and rather stick to gaming and application oriented tasks.

Specifications:

2133MHz (PC4-17000)

CAS Timings: 16-16-16

Warranty: Lifetime

Looks like DDR4 memory is around the same price as DDR3 memory.

That's great news, I'll probably pick up a 16Gb kit.

Hopefully this is not a repost, couldn't see anything on this subject beforehand.

Source :http://wccftech.com/crucial-ballistix-elite-ballistix-sport-ddr4-memory-kits-preorder-ocuk-16-gb-kit-starts-16999-32-gb-32999/

DDR4 memory: http://www.overclockers.co.uk/search_results.php?keywords=Ddr4&_=1406900382925

|CPU: Intel 5960X|MOBO:Rampage V Extreme|GPU:EVGA 980Ti SC 2 - Way SLI|RAM:G-Skill 32GB|CASE:900D|PSU:CorsairAX1200i|DISPLAY :Dell U2412M X3|SSD Intel 750 400GB, 2X Samsung 850 Pro|

Peripherals : | MOUSE : Logitech G602 | KEYBOARD: K70 RGB (Cherry MX Brown) | NAS: Synology DS1515+  - WD RED 3TB X 5|ROUTER: AC68U

Sound : | HEADPHONES: Sennheiser HD800 SPEAKERS: B&W CM9 (Front floorstanding) ,  B&W CM Center 2 (Centre) | AV RECEIVER : Denon 3806 | MY X99 BUILD LOG!

mother_of_god_by_rober_raik-d4cw2di.png

Please quote/tag ( Found by typing @DarrenP) In all posts directed at me. I do not check my current content. 

Intel Core i7-4790K - Gigabyte Z97X-UD5H-BK - 16GB Corsair Vengeance Pro 1866Mhz - EVGA GTX 980 - 256GB MX100 - 2TB WD RED - 900D - H100I - Corsair HX1050 - DNS 320L 2x2TB Seagate Barracuda 

ddr4 is still only flash chips soldered to a slightly longer pcb, so in theory it shouldnt be more expensive anyways, I guess...

Personal Build Project "Rained-On"

helped building up the CPU Overclocking Database and GPU Overclocking Database, check them out ;)

#KilledMyWife #MakeBombs #LinusIsNotFunny || Please, dont use non-default grey font colors. Think about the night-theme users! ;)

Pretty good. Although I think the Adata prices are better.

2XFnP6h.gif

"How hard can it be?" - Jeremy Clarkson

"Speed has never killed anyone. Suddenly becoming stationary, that's what gets you." - Jeremy Clarkson

"There's an old saying that God exists in your search for him. I just want you to understand that I ain't looking." - Leslie Nielsen

aqg9l.gif

WHO CARES IT'S FRIGGIN DDR4!!!

Main rig on profile

VAULT - File Server

Spoiler

Intel Core i5 11400 w/ Shadow Rock LP, 2x16GB SP GAMING 3200MHz CL16, ASUS PRIME Z590-A, 2x LSI 9211-8i, Fractal Define 7, 256GB Team MP33, 3x 6TB WD Red Pro (general storage), 3x 1TB Seagate Barracuda (dumping ground), 3x 8TB WD White-Label (Plex) (all 3 arrays in their respective Windows Parity storage spaces), Corsair RM750x, Windows 11 Education

Sleeper HP Pavilion A6137C

Spoiler

Intel Core i7 6700K @ 4.4GHz, 4x8GB G.SKILL Ares 1800MHz CL10, ASUS Z170M-E D3, 128GB Team MP33, 1TB Seagate Barracuda, 320GB Samsung Spinpoint (for video capture), MSI GTX 970 100ME, EVGA 650G1, Windows 10 Pro

Mac Mini (Late 2020)

Spoiler

Apple M1, 8GB RAM, 256GB, macOS Sonoma

Consoles: Softmodded 1.4 Xbox w/ 500GB HDD, Xbox 360 Elite 120GB Falcon, XB1X w/2TB MX500, Xbox Series X, PS1 1001, PS2 Slim 70000 w/ FreeMcBoot, PS4 Pro 7015B 1TB (retired), PS5 Digital, Nintendo Switch OLED, Nintendo Wii RVL-001 (black)

Doesn't Crucial Ballistix sport ram kinda suck, though? The "sport" moniker stuff, anyway. (¬ω¬)

Doesn't Crucial Ballistix sport ram kinda suck, though? The "sport" moniker stuff, anyway. (¬ω¬)

I have them and from my experience I would not say so. I was even able to OC them from 1600MHz to 2133 without touching voltage. I can do 2400 on stock 1,5V but then CAS is 13 and I dont like that.

I have them and from my experience I would not say so. I was even able to OC them from 1600MHz to 2133 without touching voltage. I can do 2400 on stock 1,5V but then CAS is 13 and I dont like that.

That latency is where the suck part of my comment stems from. Whenever I was last shopping from ram, the sport line from Crucial had such loose timings that I never considered if it was good elsewhere.

That latency is where the suck part of my comment stems from. Whenever I was last shopping from ram, the sport line from Crucial had such loose timings that I never considered if it was good elsewhere.

I honestly dont care much about latency because I am still using my PC mainly for games. I bet I could get those timings down because I left everything at auto and did not bother manualy testing bit by bit max possible OC with least latency possible but I made some synthetic benchmarks at those speeds and compared it to G.Skill Ripjaws at 2400MHz which got lower latency and there was almost no difference so I would say that Crucial vs G.Skill wins in terms of power/price (at least in my country).

I dont know if Crucial Elite are better I wanted to pick them at first but then I would not be able to fit them under my cooler.

I honestly dont care much about latency because I am still using my PC mainly for games. I bet I could get those timings down because I left everything at auto and did not bother manualy testing bit by bit max possible OC with least latency possible but I made some synthetic benchmarks at those speeds and compared it to G.Skill Ripjaws at 2400MHz which got lower latency and there was almost no difference so I would say that Crucial vs G.Skill wins in terms of power/price (at least in my country).

I dont know if Crucial Elite are better I wanted to pick them at first but then I would not be able to fit them under my cooler.

That's pretty cool getting feedback from an actual user, though. I guess compared to their other series, Crucial left these to look seriously underrated. As for my own kit, I wish I could get 2133mhz on stock voltage, but that requires 1.65v to keep it at Cas9.

Here you guys have a waaaay more reliable source:

http://www.sweclockers.com/nyhet/19108-ddr4-minnen-pa-uppemot-3-000-mhz-fran-crucial-i-butikslistning

pretty good prices :)

My Rig "Jenova" Ryzen 7 3900X with EK Supremacy Elite, RTX3090 with EK Fullcover Acetal + Nickel & EK Backplate, Corsair AX1200i (sleeved), ASUS X570-E, 4x 8gb Corsair Vengeance Pro RGB 3800MHz 16CL, 500gb Samsung 980 Pro, Raijintek Paean

That's pretty cool getting feedback from an actual user, though. I guess compared to their other series, Crucial left these to look seriously underrated. As for my own kit, I wish I could get 2133mhz on stock voltage, but that requires 1.65v to keep it at Cas9.

I feel you. I really wonder how much could I bring latency down if I pushed it to 1,65V but I have no CMOS reset button on my I/O shield if something will go wrong and I am too lazy to take my side panel off and tinker with it ... :D

I feel you. I really wonder how much could I bring latency down if I pushed it to 1,65V but I have no CMOS reset button on my I/O shield if something will go wrong and I am too lazy to take my side panel off and tinker with it ... :D

I do have a clear CMOS button, but I prefer to not spend so much time tinkering because of being greedy with my ram specs. I remember last time bad stuff happened, I thought a dimm somehow fried since one stick kept causing error 55. After clearing cmos and having it be recognized right away as usual, I stick to the XMP profile..so much less of a hassle. :P

In 2-3  years, Standard DDR4 specs will blow both our kits out of the water and it shall be glorious.