School hacking stories

Hey,

seeing as all of us are either at or have finished school I thought it would be interesting/funny for people to share their success stories, or not so successful stories of finding loopholes around and hacking into school security

I have been amusing myself with the complete lack of actual security around our school network, for instance I discorvered that the C drive whas not blocked, moved, or restricted to admin users. it was merely hidden. You could go to any program and go to the C drive from there, and this means (as I'm sure you know) that you could intall and run what ever the heck you want, I mean come on IT, really? they were either really lazy or really incompetent. Thank goodness for their sake though they disabled cmd so I can't use it, I can get to it, but not use it, but I'm sure I'll find another way to become and admin huehehehe. even thinking about getting a Rasberry Pie to hack the school >:)

Anyway, please share you're experiences with getting around school security (or even the lack of it)

not exactly "hacking" but if you added the http// to the front of some blocked websites they wouldn't be blocked. also remove the rubber band in the disk drive then close it, they will never open again.

why would you share something like that

it has a faint hint of illegal to it

because I'm EVIL

Heh. All I did was go on the Google front page and fuck around by adjusting the parameters in the html code.  

hehhehhehhehhehhehhehhehhehhehheh SWIGGITY SWOOTY I'M COMING FOR THAT BOOTY hehhehhehhehhehhehhehhehhehhehheh

huehuehuehuehuehuehuehuehuehuehuehue LINIXTEKTEPS R DE BES I LUV LINUX huehuehuehuehuehuehuehuehuehuehue

Well, I didn't hack anything. But i messed my math sir's laptop. He called me and said go and run this pendrive. it has some info on it which i'd like you to run and project it on the board. I went, i opened his laptop. He had two accounts, admin and one his name. he told me to open the name one. After doing all those pendrive stuff, I just changed the password to admin and added a password to his another account. I was sued then :D. He didn't have much stuff on his lenovo. He just had some school files, some files which were personal and were pass-worded,  so I couldn't check 'em! :D

[spoiler=CORMAC]CPU:Intel celeron 1.6ghz RAM:Kingston 400mhz 1.99gb MOBO:MSI G31TM-P21 GPU:Will add one later on! CASE:local ROUTER D-Link 2750U, D-LINK 2730U MOUSE:HP,DELL,ViP KEYBOARD: v7 SPEAKERS:Creative 245  MONITOR:AOC E970Sw HEADSET: Sony MDRx05s UPS:conex ups avr 500va PSU:idk OD:Samsung super writemaster STORAGE:80 gb seagate+ Seagate 1TB OS:Windows xp sp3 themed to Windows 7 + Linux |Rest all pc in my house will be updated from time-time

COMING SOON

We play halo 1 at school sometimes, i stole a teachers login while helping him to log in and we sometimes turn the screen upside down to fuck with people thats about it :) 

|| MAELSTROM ||

|| i5 3570K W/ CM 212x @ 4GHz || r9 290 Windforce || Corsair Obsidian 450D || 2tb HDD + 120gb 840 evo SSD || 2x4gb Hyperx Fury Blue

Well to start here is a story, it's pretty short and happened on April fools day.

So, April 1st, a prank day. It was the usual day in my Software Dev class. I am pretty much 100% fluent in C# so I of course finished early in a 500-lines of code assignment. I was using my personal laptop and after 3 password tries I was into the Administrative Server, all kinds of sensitive data all blocked by a 4-letter password. Well, on there were personal files of the principal so I thought I'd have some fun! After I logged onto the Main Offices Secondary Router, the one the Principals use, and blocked anyone from logging into the network. I then found their personal computer files, and in the main principals folder cleverly named "Cute Kittens :P" I was like well, this must be accessed a good 4-5 times a day. (now a little background information - My next class I TA [teachers assistant] for the school IT guy, he was cool, fresh out of college and just all around awesome, now back to the story) I opened photoshop, and made a 5M-5M(million) pixel image saying "APRIL FOOLS!" with a leprechaun. This took my laptop with a GTX 780m and a i7-4700mq 20 minutes to render out and send to that folder. Now I'm assisting that cool IT guy. He gets a call from the principal saying her computer is locked up for no reason, so I was sent to the rescue!! Sure enough, she tried to open that Image I put in there saying april fools, and the computer run out of RAM. The moment I saw the screen I was laughing hysterically. But it gets better, this image was on every office computer after she told them to try to open it, I was laughing so hard the resource officer told me to calm down. I fixed the computers buy just resetting them.  From there on I was always sent to the office for computer help. 

Yeah, that was a long story; TL;DR I put a large image on the administrative server and principals computer that said april fools and it was funny a/f.

Well to start here is a story, it's pretty short and happened on April fools day.

So, April 1st, a prank day. It was the usual day in my Software Dev class. I am pretty much 100% fluent in C# so I of course finished early in a 500-lines of code assignment. I was using my personal laptop and after 3 password tries I was into the Administrative Server, all kinds of sensitive data all blocked by a 4-letter password. Well, on there were personal files of the principal so I thought I'd have some fun! After I logged onto the Main Offices Secondary Router, the one the Principals use, and blocked anyone from logging into the network. I then found their personal computer files, and in the main principals folder cleverly named "Cute Kittens :P" I was like well, this must be accessed a good 4-5 times a day. (now a little background information - My next class I TA [teachers assistant] for the school IT guy, he was cool, fresh out of college and just all around awesome, now back to the story) I opened photoshop, and made a 5M-5M(million) pixel image saying "APRIL FOOLS!" with a leprechaun. This took my laptop with a GTX 780m and a i7-4700mq 20 minutes to render out and send to that folder. Now I'm assisting that cool IT guy. He gets a call from the principal saying her computer is locked up for no reason, so I was sent to the rescue!! Sure enough, she tried to open that Image I put in there saying april fools, and the computer run out of RAM. The moment I saw the screen I was laughing hysterically. But it gets better, this image was on every office computer after she told them to try to open it, I was laughing so hard the resource officer told me to calm down. I fixed the computers buy just resetting them.  From there on I was always sent to the office for computer help. 

Yeah, that was a long story; TL;DR I put a large image on the administrative server and principals computer that said april fools and it was funny a/f.

Hahahahaha. How the hell were you able to guess the password, I mean what are the chances :D

well, after trying '1234' and '1111' I knew it was a 4 letter password and it was 'CATS'. Like wut

Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha! Wow, just wow, that's hilarious!

My school used ZenWORKS to combine all computers, students' info, and keep logs of what everyone did on each respective computer.

While in Video Production, I got into it (fairly easy), and found out that when a computer boots, it asks a central computer what to do, and what to load for each student.
So, I made it my mission to Rick Roll the school.

I contacted John, the IT guy, and asked him about various things before bringing up how loose ZenWORKS was (how flimsy and easy it was to manipulate). He talked about, "Yeah, I've tried getting them to switch to something a bit more stable and secure, but they say "It's worked so far, no need to change!" and all that crap."

I idly chit-chattered with him normally, until finally, "So, does the school like, run on a cloud network or something?"

He laughed.

"No, nonono, the computers are far too old for that, some can't handle opening three IE windows." Etc explaining, nothing important.

"We uh, we actually have a computer in one of the rooms by the main office with like, 20 hard drives in it that handles everything. I'm called in almost hourly because the principal goofs something."

Cool guy, he was.

So I got a colleague; Bep, we'll call him.

Now, Bep controlled the school. He was in Video Production all four years, and practically ran the morning announcements. He got medals in state and nationals on multiple occasions in video and Open/Close ceremony, as well as extemporaneous speech.

He's pretty tall too.

So during lunch, he goes into the main office. Small talks with the ladies. I come in, act as if I'm going to copy papers. The first room I check is connected to the copying room; No-go, just storage.

The next, I need Bep's help. I peak my head out, and do the signal. He shifts his body, leaning his tall-self over the desk to grab one of the ladies' cat statuettes. As he inquiries, I walk by, disappearing as I move behind him, into a door.

Sure enough, it's in there. Only took two shots.

I sit down, there's a few computers in there. It's fairly obvious which is the central one.

After some messing around, I find the boot sequencer. Some program I don't recall the name of.

I take out my thumb drive, plug it in, and throw Rick Astley deep into one of the drives, and rename it a jumble of letters. Then edit the sequencer to launch the video 40 seconds after booting, to make up for the slowness of the computers.

Then make it so you need administrator privileges to close the window.

Done.

The next day, no class was on computers until second period. So all was nice and calm until then.

John was running around the school the whole period, practically. Then third period hits, the period that Video Production does the morning announcements. Bep knows what's happening.

The VP computers are much faster than the rest of the school's. So we wait until the last second to boot them. The Morning Announcements crew is confused, as we usually like to review scripts and prepare graphics.

Well. The Morning Announcements start, the computers are booted...

Things go as normal. Bep introduces himself, Mob was Talent 2 that day, and I wave to Bep as the 30 second mark hits.

With a massive raptor-like shriek, he pushes Mob off the screen, and then points into the air as he yells, "No, it can't be! Not you! Not now! NOOOOO-" and then it starts playing.

The graphics computer immediately shows it on the screen, the computer with the audio mixer plugged into it BLASTS IT, and Bep starts dancing through it as I turn the opacity up a bit on the video, so both show.

It was wonderful.

Of course, he got the blame for it, until I stepped up. The school got a new security system and such after I graduated, John has me added on Facebook and is happy.

edit: I feel I should also note, that when you tried to close the video, it popped up with a message saying "I'm afraid I can't let you do that, Dave.", and Hal9000 on the bar.

I really wish that we'd just make organic hardware already, that grows and adapts to the demands it needs to meet. That way, grannies' computers can be floppy sacks of organicness and the 12 year old Minecrafters will look like the guys that only do bicep curls, and the nerdy programmers will finally have justice, with their body-builder rigs that skipped leg day.

CPU: i7-4770k 4.8GHz | Motherboard: Asus Maximus Hero | RAM: 16gigs 2133MHz | GPU: SLI Gigabyte OC 2gb 770's | Case: INWIN GRone | Storage: 1tb Blue, 60gb SSD | PSU: Silencer MK II 950w | Cooling: Modded H100i

We barely even  had websites to  look at when i was in school...Took like 5 mins for a picture of some boobs to load.

My school used ZenWORKS to combine all computers, students' info, and keep logs of what everyone did on each respective computer.

While in Video Production, I got into it (fairly easy), and found out that when a computer boots, it asks a central computer what to do, and what to load for each student.

So, I made it my mission to Rick Roll the school.

I contacted John, the IT guy, and asked him about various things before bringing up how loose ZenWORKS was (how flimsy and easy it was to manipulate). He talked about, "Yeah, I've tried getting them to switch to something a bit more stable and secure, but they say "It's worked so far, no need to change!" and all that crap."

I idly chit-chattered with him normally, until finally, "So, does the school like, run on a cloud network or something?"

He laughed.

"No, nonono, the computers are far too old for that, some can't handle opening three IE windows." Etc explaining, nothing important.

"We uh, we actually have a computer in one of the rooms by the main office with like, 20 hard drives in it that handles everything. I'm called in almost hourly because the principal goofs something."

Cool guy, he was.

So I got a colleague; Bep, we'll call him.

Now, Bep controlled the school. He was in Video Production all four years, and practically ran the morning announcements. He got medals in state and nationals on multiple occasions in video and Open/Close ceremony, as well as extemporaneous speech.

He's pretty tall too.

So during lunch, he goes into the main office. Small talks with the ladies. I come in, act as if I'm going to copy papers. The first room I check is connected to the copying room; No-go, just storage.

The next, I need Bep's help. I peak my head out, and do the signal. He shifts his body, leaning his tall-self over the desk to grab one of the ladies' cat statuettes. As he inquiries, I walk by, disappearing as I move behind him, into a door.

Sure enough, it's in there. Only took two shots.

I sit down, there's a few computers in there. It's fairly obvious which is the central one.

After some messing around, I find the boot sequencer. Some program I don't recall the name of.

I take out my thumb drive, plug it in, and throw Rick Astley deep into one of the drives, and rename it a jumble of letters. Then edit the sequencer to launch the video 40 seconds after booting, to make up for the slowness of the computers.

Then make it so you need administrator privileges to close the window.

Done.

The next day, no class was on computers until second period. So all was nice and calm until then.

John was running around the school the whole period, practically. Then third period hits, the period that Video Production does the morning announcements. Bep knows what's happening.

The VP computers are much faster than the rest of the school's. So we wait until the last second to boot them. The Morning Announcements crew is confused, as we usually like to review scripts and prepare graphics.

Well. The Morning Announcements start, the computers are booted...

Things go as normal. Bep introduces himself, Mob was Talent 2 that day, and I wave to Bep as the 30 second mark hits.

With a massive raptor-like shriek, he pushes Mob off the screen, and then points into the air as he yells, "No, it can't be! Not you! Not now! NOOOOO-" and then it starts playing.

The graphics computer immediately shows it on the screen, the computer with the audio mixer plugged into it BLASTS IT, and Bep starts dancing through it as I turn the opacity up a bit on the video, so both show.

It was wonderful.

Of course, he got the blame for it, until I stepped up. The school got a new security system and such after I graduated, John has me added on Facebook and is happy.

edit: I feel I should also note, that when you tried to close the video, it popped up with a message saying "I'm afraid I can't let you do that, Dave.", and Hal9000 on the bar.

Haha. I didn't think you actually wanted to Literally rick roll the computers xD

I used the VNC protocol to get into the admin pc of the library's computer resources department... Not really hacking per se since I know the person who set the monitoring system and only backtracked using what I know about him...

Also that sweet ssh into the admin PC to rickroll the staff (who were cool about it)...

At my school normal facebook is blocked but the mobile version is availeble stupid it

No No No

R9 280X can crack at about 150K WPA passwords per second

How many can it do for WPA2? Seems interesting.

CPU: i7 2600 @ 4.2GHz  COOLING: NZXT Kraken X31 RAM: 4x2GB Corsair XMS3 @ 1600MHz MOBO: Gigabyte Z68-UD3-XP GPU: XFX R9 280X Double Dissipation SSD #1: 120GB OCZ Vertex 2  SSD #2: 240GB Corsair Force 3 HDD #1: 1TB Seagate Barracuda 7200RPM PSU: Silverstone Strider Plus 600W CASE: NZXT H230
CPU: Intel Core 2 Quad Q9550 @ 2.83GHz COOLING: Cooler Master Eclipse RAM: 4x1GB Corsair XMS2 @ 800MHz MOBO: XFX nForce 780i 3-Way SLi GPU: 2x ASUS GTX 560 DirectCU in SLi HDD #1: 1TB Seagate Barracuda 7200RPM PSU: TBA CASE: Antec 300

-snip-

Excellent execution.

We had a network drive on some computers in my programming class we stored funny pics on. Also used BorgChat to communicate a lot. Some one from another period stole the ram out of my computer so I printed out a picture of details I won't say and put it in there after stealing some ram from elsewhere in the room.

Unfroze a computer stuck on a frozen screen saver by hitting it on the side. There's nothing but empty space there but it worked. Everyone called me "the fonz" from then on. Other than that, nothing really.

why would you share something like that

it has a faint hint of illegal to it

faint illegal is the best illegal.

Our Grace. The Feathered One. He shows us the way. His bob is majestic and shows us the path. Follow unto his guidance and His example. He knows the one true path. Our Saviour. Our Grace. Our Father Birb has taught us with His humble heart and gentle wing the way of the bob. Let us show Him our reverence and follow in His example. The True Path of the Feathered One. ~ Dimboble-dubabob III

I haven't done anything personally, but I have a friend who's done a lot of hacking. First, he used a batch file to make himself an admin, and then accidentally deleted the 'ADMIN' account while f***ing about with it. He also created a program in Small Basic that created a lot of folders. By a lot I mean over a million in total. Once I had to give evidence to the head about him. The fun we have...

Heh. All I did was go on the Google front page and fuck around by adjusting the parameters in the html code.  

I learned basic HTML just for the purpose of doing that xD.

Then I would leave the computer and watch people confusion when they sat down. :)

am I a bad person ?

I got suspended for a few days for showing my Tech teacher an exploit I found in the school's security.

Like what the fuck

INTEL CORE I5 4670K | NVIDIA GTX 980 | NOCTUA NH-L9i | GIGABYTE GA-Z97X-SLI | KINGSTON 120GB V300

CM STORM QUICKFIRE TK | BENQ XL2420TE | ROCCAT SAVU | FRACTAL DEFINE R4