Tampa man accused of scamming Apple out of $309,768

Dietrichw

Good man. Any number combination is the override? wow. Like why even put the prompt there in the first place? Like seriously. Someone's either a really bad programmer, or if this was done on purpose... some people at Apple or who ever made the POS software are complete morons.

Oh Florida man you always get up to interesting shenanigans

Intel 4670K /w TT water 2.0 performer, GTX 1070FE, Gigabyte Z87X-DH3, Corsair HX750, 16GB Mushkin 1333mhz, Fractal R4 Windowed, Varmilo mint TKL, Logitech m310, HP Pavilion 23bw, Logitech 2.1 Speakers

Okay so any combination of digits will override it.... That seems broken?

I'm pretty sure that any code works because the code isn't verified immediatly. In fact it takes 3-6 weeks for that code you put in to proccess the verification code.

Finally my Santa hat doesn't look out of place

I'm pretty sure that any code works because the code isn't verified immediatly. In fact it takes 3-6 weeks for that code you put in to proccess the verification code.

That validates the Any code working but the system is still fundamentaly broken.

A riddle wrapped in an enigma , shot to the moon and made in China

No, apple is THE biggest company, not even just in the tech world, in the entire economy. Apple number 1. http://money.cnn.com/2014/02/07/investing/google-exxon-market-value/

I love how people always shit on apple, but don't know any real facts. 

Yes it is the biggest if you go on value.  But if you go on total market share its less than 6th, if you go on customer satisfaction it's all over the place (at the moment its 20th).

What measure we use is individual to each person, and your assumption that people must only use your determination or don't know any real facts is erroneous.   Not every consider profit or value to be the important factor in determining a companies footprint in the market place.

That is because people are arrogant

including 50% of this forum

It's more arrogant to use one slew of data to prove a point than accept there are many different opinions and data sets to support them.

I am not saying they aren't the biggest, All I am saying is that their position in the market is purely subjective and to call someone arrogant or ignorant because they view things differently is pretty blind.

Grammar and spelling is not indicative of intelligence/knowledge.  Not having the same opinion does not always mean lack of understanding.  

Hey, that's my city!

Honestly, I find this whole situation kind of funny.

COMIC SANS

Eh, Apple might be big, but if Apple went out of business tomorrow, the world wouldn't end. Everyone would just buy Samsung or HTC or something instead.

To me, the real big dogs are companies like BNSF. If it went out of business tomorrow there would be another great depression.

Yes it is the biggest if you go on value. But if you go on total market share its less than 6th, if you go on customer satisfaction it's all over the place (at the moment its 20th).

What measure we use is individual to each person, and your assumption that people must only use your determination or don't know any real facts is erroneous. Not every consider profit or value to be the important factor in determining a companies footprint in the market place.

It's more arrogant to use one slew of data to prove a point than accept there are many different opinions and data sets to support them.

I am not saying they aren't the biggest, All I am saying is that their position in the market is purely subjective and to call someone arrogant or ignorant because they view things differently is pretty blind.

Intel 4670K /w TT water 2.0 performer, GTX 1070FE, Gigabyte Z87X-DH3, Corsair HX750, 16GB Mushkin 1333mhz, Fractal R4 Windowed, Varmilo mint TKL, Logitech m310, HP Pavilion 23bw, Logitech 2.1 Speakers

Eh, Apple might be big, but if Apple went out of business tomorrow, the world wouldn't end. Everyone would just buy Samsung or HTC or something instead.

To me, the real big dogs are companies like BNSF. If it went out of business tomorrow there would be another great depression.

Except they aren't a Tech company (At least not in the context given). So yeah :P Of course there are more important companies globally or even domestically, but that wasn't really what the statement was about.

For Sale: Meraki Bundle

iPhone Xr 128 GB Product Red - HP Spectre x360 13" (i5 - 8 GB RAM - 256 GB SSD) - HP ZBook 15v G5 15" (i7-8850H - 16 GB RAM - 512 GB SSD - NVIDIA Quadro P600)

Another easy one is Microsoft or Apache. With Microsoft basically every business would grind to a halt and with Apache(though Apache doesn't count because it's not even a conpany) there would be no Web pages.

Except they aren't a Tech company (At least not in the context given). So yeah :P Of course there are more important companies globally or even domestically, but that wasn't really what the statement was about.

That validates the Any code working but the system is still fundamentaly broken.

oh yea totally agree with you, i just wanted to explain to you how it worked.

Finally my Santa hat doesn't look out of place

If it was anyone but apple, I think there would be a lot more pissed off people. 
On that note though, HA, suck it. There shouldn't have been such a flawed system to abuse in the first place.

CPU- 4690k @4.5ghz / 1.3v    Mobo- Asus Maximus VI Gene   RAM- 12GB GSkill Assorted 1600mhz   GPU- ASUS GTX 760 DCUII-OC 

Storage- 1TB 7200rpm WD Blue + Kingston SSDNow 240GB   PSU- Silverstone Strider ST75F-P

Yes it is the biggest if you go on value.  But if you go on total market share its less than 6th, if you go on customer satisfaction it's all over the place (at the moment its 20th).

What measure we use is individual to each person, and your assumption that people must only use your determination or don't know any real facts is erroneous.   Not every consider profit or value to be the important factor in determining a companies footprint in the market place.

In the big boy world dollars are power. The more power you have, the bigger you are. Apple is the biggest baddest kid in the sand box with Google coming up right behind them. 

In the big boy world dollars are power. The more power you have, the bigger you are. Apple is the biggest baddest kid in the sand box with Google coming up right behind them. 

"big boy world"?   so your saying one can only be considered the best if it has the most value?  You need to re-read the thread, particularly the bit where I pointed out that the measure of what constitutes "the best" is subjective.

And just so you know, apple is a piss ant company in the global scheme of things, because money does not equal power,  control equals power and when you have companies like the three top Chinese banks, jpmorgan, wells fargo etc. you have real corporate control.

http://www.forbes.com/sites/liyanchen/2014/05/07/the-worlds-largest-companies-china-takes-over-the-top-three-spots/

Grammar and spelling is not indicative of intelligence/knowledge.  Not having the same opinion does not always mean lack of understanding.  

"big boy world"?   so your saying one can only be considered the best if it has the most value?  You need to re-read the thread, particularly the bit where I pointed out that the measure of what constitutes "the best" is subjective.

And just so you know, apple is a piss ant company in the global scheme of things, because money does not equal power,  control equals power and when you have companies like the three top Chinese banks, jpmorgan, wells fargo etc. you have real corporate control.

http://www.forbes.com/sites/liyanchen/2014/05/07/the-worlds-largest-companies-china-takes-over-the-top-three-spots/

We were never talking about the "best" company. We were talking about "one of the biggest" which it clearly is. Money is everything. If you have enough money you can buy control. Look at what the ISP's do. They pay congressmen to vote for or against laws that they want. Money is the ultimate power. 

LMAO, only in Florida, and only 10 minutes away from were I live.

My Sig Rig: "X79 (3970X) -Midas"http://pcpartpicker.com/p/wsjGt6"  "Midas" Build Log - https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/59768-build-log-in-progress-code-name-midas/

"The Riddler" Custom Watercooled H440 Build Log ( in collaboration with my wife @ _TechPuppet_ ) - http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/149652-green-h440-special-edition-the-riddler-almost-there/

*Riptide Customs* " We sleeve PSU cables "

We were never talking about the "best" company. We were talking about "one of the biggest" which it clearly is. Money is everything. If you have enough money you can buy control. Look at what the ISP's do. They pay congressmen to vote for or against laws that they want. Money is the ultimate power. 

you did read that article didn't you?  and the earlier posts? the ones that show there are many ways to measure "biggest".  they might be the biggest by value, but if someone prefers to measure the size of a company by products released,  number of employees, number of new innovations,  impact on the industry, or even share dividends then the results will be different.  It's not black and white.  both personal view and context are everything.

you did read that article didn't you?  and the earlier posts? the ones that show there are many ways to measure "biggest".  they might be the biggest by value, but if someone prefers to measure the size of a company by products released,  number of employees, number of new innovations,  impact on the industry, or even share dividends then the results will be different.  It's not black and white.  both personal view and context are everything.

I read your post saying that there are many ways to define "biggest". Everything is driven by money. Big bank takes little bank, it's how the world works. You can think anything you want, but at the end of the day apple is still the most valuable company in the world and nothing to scoff at, like you originally did. 

I read your post saying that there are many ways to define "biggest". Everything is driven by money. Big bank takes little bank, it's how the world works. You can think anything you want, but at the end of the day apple is still the most valuable company in the world and nothing to scoff at, like you originally did. 

where did I scoff?  you accused everyone who did not adhere to your singular point of measure as not knowing the "real facts", then shadowcaptain went on to say the reason was because they were "arrogant"

All I did was point out that value is only one fact of many and people judge the size of a company by many different measures, so to label someone as arrogant for not knowing the real facts when you are clearly stuck on only one is rather ignorant.   Here's some examples of how size can be measured other than with financials:

biggest company by brand value is google:   http://www.businessinsider.com.au/the-20-most-valuable-brands-in-the-world-2014-5?op=1#20-vodafone-1

biggest company by market value is ISBC:  http://www.forbes.com/global2000/list/

biggest tech company by revenue is samsung: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_the_largest_information_technology_companies

biggest company by number of employees is foxconn: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_the_largest_information_technology_companies

biggest company by pc market share is Lenovo: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Market_share_of_personal_computer_vendors

biggest company by social responsibility and technological progress is HP: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hewlett-Packard

These are just examples, they will change with time and with changes in objectivity.

You want to stick to value then that's fine, but that doesn't mean that other measures are irrelevant.

Go big or go home huh.

[spoiler=pc specs:]cpu: i5-4670k | mobo: z87-pro | cpu cooler: h100i | ram: 8gb vengeance pro | gpu: gtx770 ftw 4gb | case: nzxt switch 810 matte black | storage: 240gb ssd; 1tb hdd | psu: 750w corsair rm |
keyboards: max nighthawk x8 mx brown + blue led; corsair k60 mx red; ducky shine 3 tkl mx blue + orange led | mouse: deathadder black edition | audio: FiiO E10; sennheiser hd558; grado sr80i; sony mdr-nc200d; blue snowball |

Oh I was not talking this topic specifically, just in generalities about the forum

Although if you asked my personal opinion I would say apple are one of the biggest tech companies, both in influence and money. How many brand adverts take shots at apple, even though their market share is small compared, they are still THE tech company that many companies fear. They have the money and loyalty that many companies could never dream of having.

Their name is household all over the world, and in the tech community most people have heard of people Like Steve Jobs, Tim Cook and Jony Ive, where I could not tell you who works at Samsung, or Coca Cola or any other large company

That makes them pretty big, very famous and very powerful

Desktop - Corsair 300r i7 4770k H100i MSI 780ti 16GB Vengeance Pro 2400mhz Crucial MX100 512gb Samsung Evo 250gb 2 TB WD Green, AOC Q2770PQU 1440p 27" monitor Laptop Clevo W110er - 11.6" 768p, i5 3230m, 650m GT 2gb, OCZ vertex 4 256gb,  4gb ram, Server: Fractal Define Mini, MSI Z78-G43, Intel G3220, 8GB Corsair Vengeance, 4x 3tb WD Reds in Raid 10, Phone Oppo Reno 10x 256gb , Camera Sony A7iii

Oh I was not talking this topic specifically, just in generalities about the forum

Although if you asked my personal opinion I would say apple are one of the biggest tech companies, both in influence and money. How many brand adverts take shots at apple, even though their market share is small compared, they are still THE tech company that many companies fear. They have the money and loyalty that many companies could never dream of having.

Their name is household all over the world, and in the tech community most people have heard of people Like Steve Jobs, Tim Cook and Jony Ive, where I could not tell you who works at Samsung, or Coca Cola or any other large company

That makes them pretty big, very famous and very powerful

I have always found it irritating that people use the 6% market share figure to point out the size of apple in the market, but completely fail to grasp that as a pc manufacturer that puts them only just behind Asus and 2% behind acer.  Which is actually quite large for a manufacturer, it is only the isolation from windows that makes them seem small. 

As far as the popularity goes, Bill gates is also a household name however the main reason we all know tim cook is that apple market themselves as the complete package, so they market their ceo and staff, (the store with the genius) alongside the product.  In contrast most other companies only market the product and use standard distribution for retail. I would say if LG or Samsung had their CEO take the stage for marketing campaigns we'd all know who  Boo-Keun Yoon is too.  BIg and famous yes, powerful maybe, definitely influential,  I'd don't think this is an easy one to qualify though, what would happen if the company went insolvent tomorrow? the stock market would fall a little and the US dollar would probably suffer.  We might even see a fall in foxconn shares.  Contrast that to what would happen if HP went insolvent tomorrow, medical equipment, scientific and engineering departments delayed, servers in all the main banks would suddenly be in limbo as the manufacturer could no longer offer support.  Not to mention the reverberations though the stock market.

But that is just my musings.

Whoa whoa let's not get out of hand here. Everyone knows the real ultimate power is ninjas.

Http://www.realultimatepower.net

Nice to know how secure these systems are. Im guessing thats not been fixed too.

As long as you don't use your own card and keep your face out of cameras (and buy from a store not in your area) you could probably get away with this once.

People can never do it just once though, then you get caught.