1440p Monitor for Gaming and Work

Hi Everyone,

I'm looking for a good 1440p monitor. I do a lot of gaming, web and graphic content creation. I have a 780 right now with an sli upgrade in the future. 

I need a good monitor that can help me game and work. 

Thank You!

Something to consider.

I've got one and it's just great. 

proud owner of alienware 13 with graphic amplifier and also a alienware X51 gaming PC!!! really powerfulL!!

xoxo samantha <3

I haven't personally used either of them, but people generally recommend the Asus PB278Q and the Dell UltraSharp U2713HM. I'm currently debating, which of 'em to get myself. :P

Case: Corsair Carbide 300R CPU: Intel i7 2600k CPU Cooler: Cooler Master Hyper 212 Evo w. 2x Cooler Master Blade Master 120mm Mobo: ASUS Maximus IV Gene-Z RAM: 2x4GB Kingston HyperX 1600mhz GPU: Gigabyte GTX670 SSD: 256GB Samsung 830 HDD: Random WD 500GB (It's old) PSU: Corsair Professional Series Gold AX750

Case: Corsair Obsidian 750D CPU: Intel Core i7-4790K @ 4.7 GHz CPU Cooler: Corsair H110 w. 2x Noctua NF-A14 Industrial in pull Mobo: ASUS Maximus VII Hero RAM: 2x8GB Corsair Vengeance Pro 2400 MHz GPU: ASUS GTX780 DCUII SSD: 250GB Samsung 840 Evo HDD: WD Green 3TB PSU: Corsair AX860i

Monitor: BenQ 24" XL2410T Keyboard: Logitech G19 Mouse: Logitech G500 Speakers: Logitech Z-5500 Digital Headphones: Beyerdynamic Custom One Pro

Dell U2713hm

http://www.amazon.com/Dell-U2713HM-IPS-LED-CVN85-27-Inch-LED-lit/dp/B009H0XQQY

i use two of these and absolutely love them. 

Big Bertha3570k @ 4.5GhzASRock Fatal1ty Z777970 DCUII TOP EVGA GTX 780Swiftech H220 w/ NF-F1216GB RAM128GB Kingston HyperX 3K1TB Western Digital Black40GB Western Digital Raptor 10K PeripheralsMionix 3200 MouseCMStorm Quickfire Rapid w/ Cherry MX Blues2 x Dell U2713HM AudioAsus ROG Orion Pro HeadsetSony XB-500AKG K240Bose AE2i​Fiio E10

Samsung Galaxy S45.0" 1920x1080p Super AMOLED screen16GB Storage2600 mAh battery1.9Ghz quad-core Krait CPU2GB RAMCyanogenMod CameraNikon D310018x55mm NIKKOR VR Lens14.2 MP

+1 to the PB278Q. Buying the PB278Q was the best purchase I have ever made. Playing games on it is stunning and doing work is a lot better with the added space over 1080p. Also the color reproduction is amazing.

I have two Dell U2713HM screens. If you want better colors, get the U2713H version for 10 bit panel. However, you would need to get a Quadro or something for outputting those colors, so HM is more than good enough!

I think its somewhat a shame that your budget can stretch a bit further: the LGUM95 is simply an amazing productivity monitor. This is probably the best purchase I have ever made for my computer;  and gaming is great in the wide screen. 

I have a 2019 macbook pro with 64gb of ram and my gaming pc has been in the closet since 2018

I have two Dell U2713HM screens. If you want better colors, get the U2713H version for 10 bit panel. However, you would need to get a Quadro or something for outputting those colors, so HM is more than good enough!

Dell U2713hm

http://www.amazon.com/Dell-U2713HM-IPS-LED-CVN85-27-Inch-LED-lit/dp/B009H0XQQY

i use two of these and absolutely love them. 

From what i read, the panel is a bit of a lottery in respect to overall build quality. There is an avalanche of complaints about the backlight bleed and crosshatching, but there are also a good number of people that has obtained the golden panel. So if you are not willing to deal with warranty exchanges, despite Dell being good with the service, then I would go with the safer option, PB278Q.

Read the community standards; it's like a guide on how to not be a moron.

Gerdauf's Law: Each and every human being, without exception, is the direct carbon copy of the types of people that he/she bitterly opposes.

Remember, calling facts opinions does not ever make the facts opinions, no matter what nonsense you pull.

From what i read, the panel is a bit of a lottery in respect to overall build quality. There is an avalanche of complaints about the backlight bleed and crosshatching, but there are also a good number of people that has obtained the golden panel. So if you are not willing to deal with warranty exchanges, despite Dell being good with the service, then I would go with the safer option, PB278Q.

i actually received my first monitor and after about a month noticed cross hatching. the backlight bleed was fairly bad. called Dell, two days later new monitor in amazing condition. Their warranty exchange was one of the easiest things ive ever done. The bad batch had a specific ID #. There has been a total of 3 renditions AFAIK. A00 is the first batch with the major issues (that was my first monitor) and A01 was the second batch with black light bleeding and less cross hatching the A02 is the fixed third-times-the-charm version thats apparently amazing. Dont quote me on model numbers because im not home right now but when i get back ill verify the ID's.

Big Bertha3570k @ 4.5GhzASRock Fatal1ty Z777970 DCUII TOP EVGA GTX 780Swiftech H220 w/ NF-F1216GB RAM128GB Kingston HyperX 3K1TB Western Digital Black40GB Western Digital Raptor 10K PeripheralsMionix 3200 MouseCMStorm Quickfire Rapid w/ Cherry MX Blues2 x Dell U2713HM AudioAsus ROG Orion Pro HeadsetSony XB-500AKG K240Bose AE2i​Fiio E10

Samsung Galaxy S45.0" 1920x1080p Super AMOLED screen16GB Storage2600 mAh battery1.9Ghz quad-core Krait CPU2GB RAMCyanogenMod CameraNikon D310018x55mm NIKKOR VR Lens14.2 MP