Ultimate Studio "Behind the Scenes" Tour

LinusTech

I don't get all the fuzz about the pack of "cigarettes". As a smoker I have tried different brands of cigarettes but I never even heard of a brand that just has "cigarettes" written on their packs (except the ones for kids made of chewing gum or chocolate). And even if it was a real pack of cigarettes: who cares? Everyone who smokes knows that it's unhealthy, expensive and your clothes, hair, hands, etc. reek of smoke. If he smokes, let him smoke. If he doesn't, good for him. This video is supposed to be a "Behind the scenes", not a video to point out possible!!! habits. If there would have been an old Palm Pre or something like that would you guys all be like "Oh my gosh! All this stuff Linus told us about how much he likes Android was a lie! He's a webOS fanboy!"? Seriously....

On the other hand, what caught my attention was this nice orange case (yep, the Corsair Graphite 230T in rebel orange) in the testbench room. Can't wait to see/hear what Linus thinks about it.

I have no way of knowing, but unless they all smoke, I doubt Linus smokes at his workstation.  Smoking inside when everyone else is a non-smoker is not cool, so I'm sure he goes outside.  And yeah, I said tidy in one of my posts, that's what I meant..  being untidy is understandable to anyone who has been in his shoes.  Investors care about one thing: what can your company do for them.. how can you make them money.

CPU: Intel i5 4690k   GPU: MSI GTX 960 OC   PSU: Seasonic 750 Watt   Mobo: MSI Z97S SLI Krait Edition   Case: Phanteks Enthoo Pro White   RAM: HyperX Fury 8Gb   SSD: Intel 730 240Gb   HDD: WD Black 1Tb   Cooler: Phanteks TC12DX   Mouse: Mionix Naos 7000   Keyboard: Ducky Shine 3   Monitor: Acer IPS 24" (x2)

OH FOR BOOTING UP COLD! OK people allow me ITS A DAMN PACK OF CANDY! You can get them at the little mom and pop general stores! 

And if anyone gets the reference in the start of my post, you are awesome!

Case:Corsair Vengence C70 CPU: I7-920 @ 3.62 GHz Ram: Mushkin Radioactive 12GB Mobo: Asus Sabertooth X58 SSD: Samsung 830 128gb Storage: 3TB Seagate PSU: Corsair TX650 GPU: EVGA GTX 760 2gb Waterloop: 2x XSPC EX240/XSPC Raystorm/Alphacool NexXxos 760 block/XSPC Photon 170 Res D5 Vario pump/4 Swiftech Helix Fans

• 1 month later...

I find it funny that the water in the server room is functional, I could fix that in a snap. Also, I noticed that there were no air conditioners. @LinusTech, how do you keep the studio cool in the summer?

What's the room to the left of slicks benchmarking room? we see the door and that's all...

5820k4Ghz/16GB(4x4)DDR4/MSI X99 SLI+/Corsair H105/R9 Fury X/Corsair RM1000i/128GB SM951/512GB 850Evo/1+2TB Seagate Barracudas

I find it funny that the water in the server room is functional, I could fix that in a snap. Also, I noticed that there were no air conditioners. LinusTech, how do you keep the studio cool in the summer?

They're canadians do they even have summer? And if, if they do, and that's a big iff, central air.

5820k4Ghz/16GB(4x4)DDR4/MSI X99 SLI+/Corsair H105/R9 Fury X/Corsair RM1000i/128GB SM951/512GB 850Evo/1+2TB Seagate Barracudas

What's the room to the left of slicks benchmarking room? we see the door and that's all...

Storage cupboard ?

Two motoes to live by   "Sometimes there are no shortcuts"

"This too shall pass"

Storage cupboard ?

Didn't think of that xD but I think it's a room otherwise it's a weird cupboard with its distance from the stairwell and all and all the unused square footage... plus in channel super fun(Linus's newestchannel) the rubberbandgun video shows a room different than the rooms shown in this video that I suspect is the unshown room and in the channel super fun video it's barely shown but it's obviously different and it's supposed location matches up nicely

• 3 months later...

Didn't think of that xD but I think it's a room otherwise it's a weird cupboard with its distance from the stairwell and all and all the unused square footage... plus in channel super fun(Linus's newestchannel) the rubberbandgun video shows a room different than the rooms shown in this video that I suspect is the unshown room and in the channel super fun video it's barely shown but it's obviously different and it's supposed location matches up nicely

It's a laundry as shown in this video at 2:55: 

What i really want to know is what they did with the basement as that's a massive area that they completely skipped over in this latest vid.

Also yeah those ciggies dont look real.

• 3 months later...

Ah read that wrong thought it was 'the door to the left IN Slick's room' not  'the door to the left OF Slick's room

Two motoes to live by   "Sometimes there are no shortcuts"

"This too shall pass"

For curious reasons, why don't you sell those unused home appliances (microwave oven, fridge, etc)? Unless you put your system in the fridge and make them 4 degrees cool

Spoiler

• 2 months later...

Does anyone have any idea on how he's getting fiber optic into his house?

• 7 months later...

Can anyone tell me what mixer they were using? There aren't any good frames where I can see/make out a name. Thx and Merry Xmas!