Ultimate Studio "Behind the Scenes" Tour

LinusTech

I want that BlackMagic Camera... and that Z97WS xD

I got the ProArt and Slicks GPU collection as well as the testbench and the RAM. 

I budget build well. Want to learn? PM me if you want advice. 

Wow impressive how you guys can create such high quality videos, yet your studio is in such a mess, Dat server room lol. Hopefully when you guys get bigger/ get more sponsors you'll have enough to move out of there and get yourselves a proper office space. :) 

CPU: i7 6700k @ 4.6ghz | CASE: Corsair 780T White Edition | MB: Asus Z170 Deluxe | CPU Cooling: EK Predator 360 | GPU: NVIDIA Titan X Pascal w/ EKWB nickel waterblock | PSU: EVGA 850w P2 | RAM: 16GB DDR4 Corsair Domintator Platinum 2800mhz | Storage: Samsung 850 EVO 500GB | OS: Win 10 Pro x64 | Monitor: Acer Predator X34/HTC VIVE Keyboard: CM Storm Trigger-Z | Mouse: Razer Taipan | Sound: Audio Technica ATH-M50x / Klipsch Promedia 2.1 Sound System 

Holy shit, people! Yes, Linus has a pack of cigarettes on his desk, who the F cares? 

It's none of your business, it's Linus' business, and if he wants to smoke, he's free to do so. 

And who knows, maybe they were just props? We in Germany actually have cigarettes made out of chocolate, maybe Canada has these too?

phanteks enthoo pro | intel i5 4690k | noctua nh-d14 | msi z97 gaming 5 | 16gb crucial ballistix tactical | msi gtx970 4G OC  | adata sp900

Disheartening to see cigarettes. :(

who cares ? people treat cigerates like they are meth these days, besides they dont have a specific name or brand so they could just be candy cigerates

his life man.

anyways some of the set up choices are crazy, and I noticed no basement, not a big deal, its a office and not everything will (or should) be public knowledge,

thanks for the vid !

Desktop:ryzen 5 3600 | MSI b45m bazooka | EVGA 650w Icoolermaster masterbox nr400 |16 gb ddr4  corsiar lpx| Gigabyte Aorus GTX 1070ti |500GB SSD+2TB SSHD, 2tb seagate barracuda [OS/games/mass storage] | HpZR240w 1440p led logitech g502 proteus spectrum| Coolermaster quick fire pro cherry mx  brown |

and I noticed no basement, not a big deal, its a office and not everything will (or should) be public knowledge,

I was under the impression that Luke pretty much lived there somewhere.

I don't really play many games for gameplay anymore honestly. I play most games just for the graphics.

All the people complaining about the mess should try starting up a small business on their own lol.  As for the cigarettes..  I always had a feeling he smoked.. because he references smoking sometimes.. like referring things to a pack of cigarettes.  

CPU: Intel i5 4690k   GPU: MSI GTX 960 OC   PSU: Seasonic 750 Watt   Mobo: MSI Z97S SLI Krait Edition   Case: Phanteks Enthoo Pro White   RAM: HyperX Fury 8Gb   SSD: Intel 730 240Gb   HDD: WD Black 1Tb   Cooler: Phanteks TC12DX   Mouse: Mionix Naos 7000   Keyboard: Ducky Shine 3   Monitor: Acer IPS 24" (x2)

5 guys in one room, Slick in the other. We know who the real boss is.

Lol, I thought the same exact thing when Linus walked over to the next room.

Hey, can you explain what exactly your Sub-Zero thing does?

It would be great to have a guide about subzero cooling, because I do not know what my peltier systems temps will look like.

Thank you already!

It's for Liquid Nitrogen cooling. Newegg actually just posted a video on using this for overclocking on a Z97 Mobo.

If you want more info on it, I doubt Linus is going to make one.. Just Google/YouTube search for Liquid Nitrogen Overclocking.

a video on an office tidy up day would be cool.

Actually not a bad idea in my opinion. Or a "Studio Fully Set Up (Finally)" tour video.

Linus,  isn't this the second tour ?

In the last tour you were giving Slick a 'hard time' for having a bowl in his work area.  See the place hasn't been tidied, and that there's still dishes lying about.

Maybe if you devoted one room to a tea(coffee I suppose: you are Canadians after all)/meal/break room people would (in the back of their minds) come to associate that as the only area were they could eat/lounge about etc, and think of the rest of the 'house' as a workplace.  Mind you that lounge/work anywhere ethos seems to work for Google etc.

I'm pretty sure the 'first one' that you are referring to was the video that he posted was just showing us his new studio, so he walked through the house. Wasn't really a tour, from what I remember. But I do know what you're referring to.

Wow impressive how you guys can create such high quality videos, yet your studio is in such a mess, Dat server room lol. Hopefully when you guys get bigger/ get more sponsors you'll have enough to move out of there and get yourselves a proper office space. :)

Why? And what is "proper office space"? A lot of people/professionals buy houses for studios. You get a lot more for a lot less. It's cheaper, more rooms, more work space. I think this was his entire point in buying the house. Plus, he has more freedom to do what he wants, such as making videos like "A-SALT Gun", the Dash Cam one where he rocks a 4-yr old's 'whip', and also the one where him and Luke played Hide N' Seek with those NFC/Bluetooth stickers, just to name a few. Try doing any of those 'creative' type videos in an office, or even more so an office building with other occupants.

All the people complaining about the mess should try starting up a small business on their own lol.  As for the cigarettes..  I always had a feeling he smoked.. because he references smoking sometimes.. like referring things to a pack of cigarettes.  

I agree. And I also find it funny how many people mentioned his cigarrettes.. They are legal, for your guys' information. I smoke too - big deal..? Why are people nitpicking as if they know him personally? "Linus, your left sock is dirty please go wash it. Also, you have some lint on your pants, clean it please or I unsubscribe!"

C'mon dudes! It's a tour of the work space, not a tour of Linus's Life.

Although, come to think of it.. Real World: Linus  would bring in the ratings! </saracasm>

::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::

« Current PC ~ Phantom Beast »

.::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::.

I wanted to know what monitors taron (sorry if that is misspelled) is using.

<snip> cigarrettes.. They are legal, for your guys' information.

Only just.   Here (in the UK) they are no longer allowed to be on display in shops . Weird seeing all the cigarette displays with steel shutters as if the shop no longer sold ciggarettes, but it does they are just not allowed to display them.  Every pack has to have "smoking kills" type messages on them, already there is talk of increasing the size of this message such that differentiation between manufacturers will be by a small logo, 90+% of the pack being covered in these "smoking kills" messages.

There are very few places where you can smoke, no public buildings. no work places,  etc there have even been reports of people being sued for smoking in their own homes (thin party walls allowing the smell to drift into the dwelling next door) and you cannot smoke in some parks.

I gave up smoking over ten years ago, so the more or less blanket ban on smoking helped me, but even I think some of the measures are too draconian. 

Yes non-smokers have the right not to breath others second hand smoke, but what of the smokers rights ?  Bans on smoking in covered areas I can see but open areas...

Two motoes to live by   "Sometimes there are no shortcuts"

"This too shall pass"

This video was so awesome, I've registered on site.

Iron Bank of Braavos

Of course Linus smokes... he's a biker.  I think that metal "water bottle" on his desk was probably used as an ashtray.

Do you think he smokes indoors at his desk? I've worked on a lot of computers, the only thing worse than a computer of a person with lots of pets is a person who smokes at their computer. Case filters aren't able to filter out the smoke so the entire inside and outside would be covered with smoke residue... plus he drinks out of that bottle (or another one just like it) on the WAN show.

Only just.   Here (in the UK) they are no longer allowed to be on display in shops . Weird seeing all the cigarette displays with steel shutters as if the shop no longer sold ciggarettes, but it does they are just not allowed to display them.  Every pack has to have "smoking kills" type messages on them, already there is talk of increasing the size of this message such that differentiation between manufacturers will be by a small logo, 90+% of the pack being covered in these "smoking kills" messages.

There are very few places where you can smoke, no public buildings. no work places,  etc there have even been reports of people being sued for smoking in their own homes (thin party walls allowing the smell to drift into the dwelling next door) and you cannot smoke in some parks.

I gave up smoking over ten years ago, so the more or less blanket ban on smoking helped me, but even I think some of the measures are too draconian. 

Yes non-smokers have the right not to breath others second hand smoke, but what of the smokers rights ?  Bans on smoking in covered areas I can see but open areas...

This proves my theory.. UK is Whack!

Naw, but really.. Some of that makes sense; and this is coming from a smoker in the US.

::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::

« Current PC ~ Phantom Beast »

.::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::.

This proves my theory.. UK is Whack!

Naw, but really.. Some of that makes sense; and this is coming from a smoker in the US.

Dont come to minnisota (of course why would you your in florida)  the state is getting wacky about smoking bans

also I want that ws board, I dont use have the features on my motherboard and could care less about showing it off

Desktop:ryzen 5 3600 | MSI b45m bazooka | EVGA 650w Icoolermaster masterbox nr400 |16 gb ddr4  corsiar lpx| Gigabyte Aorus GTX 1070ti |500GB SSD+2TB SSHD, 2tb seagate barracuda [OS/games/mass storage] | HpZR240w 1440p led logitech g502 proteus spectrum| Coolermaster quick fire pro cherry mx  brown |

What model netgear switch was that with 4 port 10GB. and please get a data rack for your stuff do a review or something.  Crazy but fun studios.

Oh and I bet Linus is quitting they are Ecigs, look at the bottom right corner of the packet two small vertical holes thats for power prongs.

Loved this video! It's like a computer hardware heaven/hell combo

Desktop: ASUS ROG Maximus V Formula - 3570k @ 4.2 Ghz - Gigabyte GTX 670 WF3 - G.Skill 16 GB 1600Mhz - Antec 900W - 128GB Crucial M4 - 2TB Hitachi HDD - NZXT H440

Mobile: Nexus 6P (current)  - Razer Blade 256 GB Laptop

LOL are people really up in arms over a pack of cigarettes??  Maybe he smokes, or maybe not, or maybe he used to smoke and he's trying to quit? but who the f*** cares? Does smoking make him less of a person? Come on guys, put down the pitchforks.  I bet there would be praises if it was 420 though haha.

I think what's more disheartening is the mess his office is in.  And according to the WAN show, it was WORSE before they shot the video.  It's so disorganized it's an accident waiting to happen.  I don't really think Linus wants to deal with Worksafebc. Futhermore, potential clients may shy away from LMG after seeing that video. because they might not want to work with someone who's disorganized.

Sure it's funny to see Linus use the bathroom as his server room but the video actually doesn't paint his company in a positive light.

LOL are people really up in arms over a pack of cigarettes?? Maybe he smokes, or maybe not, or maybe he used to smoke and he's trying to quit? but who the f*** cares? Does smoking make him less of a person? Come on guys, put down the pitchforks. I bet there would be praises if it was 420 though haha.

I think what's more disheartening is the mess his office is in. And according to the WAN show, it was WORSE before they shot the video. It's so disorganized it's an accident waiting to happen. I don't really think Linus wants to deal with Worksafebc. Futhermore, potential clients may shy away from LMG after seeing that video. because they might not want to work with someone who's disorganized.

Sure it's funny to see Linus use the bathroom as his server room but the video actually doesn't paint his company in a positive light.

Those were my thoughts as well. If I was trying to attract investors or clients, I would have fixed it up a bit. Start-ups are start-ups and nobody in the right mind will expect Linus tech tips to have the organization or cleanliness of a Fortune 500 but there are simple things too.

Desktop: ASUS ROG Maximus V Formula - 3570k @ 4.2 Ghz - Gigabyte GTX 670 WF3 - G.Skill 16 GB 1600Mhz - Antec 900W - 128GB Crucial M4 - 2TB Hitachi HDD - NZXT H440

Mobile: Nexus 6P (current)  - Razer Blade 256 GB Laptop

You guys should build a cardboard castle with the giant pile of cardboard. You can use it to separate areas, mess around, so on and so forth.

Sincerely,

RobotAD

i think that pack is a prop. i don't think there is a brand that's just called "cigarettes"

Aesthetics of rigs matter

If you're interested, participate in LTT Build Offs

This has to be the most hilarious house tour I've ever seen  :lol:

That 'server' room simply made me shake my head, though... I fear to think what the place will look like in a year  :unsure:

Investors don't care about what your office looks like.  I know a couple people who started their own business, and they all work 100 hours a week, about.  Investors not only understand what he's going through, but they care about what he can do for them; they couldn't be bothered with how tidy his office is.

The age of people on here really shows.  In the real world, people smoke.  And almost every small business is a mess.. because they are busy and can't afford a cleaning staff quite yet.  This is completely normal and Linus knows it.

CPU: Intel i5 4690k   GPU: MSI GTX 960 OC   PSU: Seasonic 750 Watt   Mobo: MSI Z97S SLI Krait Edition   Case: Phanteks Enthoo Pro White   RAM: HyperX Fury 8Gb   SSD: Intel 730 240Gb   HDD: WD Black 1Tb   Cooler: Phanteks TC12DX   Mouse: Mionix Naos 7000   Keyboard: Ducky Shine 3   Monitor: Acer IPS 24" (x2)

Investors don't care about what your office looks like.

In the real world, people smoke.  And almost every small business is a mess.. because they are busy and can't afford a cleaning staff quite yet. 

Clean ≠ Tidy .

I don't think anyone is saying Linus's premises are dirty, but it IS untidy which perhaps goes to show how unorganised the concern is.  This lack of organisation is what investors would be wary of not (within limits) an unclean workplace.

Yeah Linus's company is basically video, IF it was more on the building/repairing PCs side then smoking at the workdesk would be a no-no, but, as is, I feel this smoking whilst working is a non-event

Two motoes to live by   "Sometimes there are no shortcuts"

"This too shall pass"