Ultimate Studio "Behind the Scenes" Tour

LinusTech

It's only a matter of time before they're on the next episode of hoarders. Only a matter of time...

- Fresher than a fruit salad.

I have appreciated the work you guys do ever since I've seen a first video, but holy balls with all of the tech stuff being everywhere and somehow you guys manage to find everything you need to make us a video... I respect you guys even more. I really do hope that one day you guys will have some time to address the 'interesting arrangement' of all the things you have stored in the studio xD I will say more... this video has inspired me to organise things more than I already do :) Anyhow awesome video and keep up the work! You guys rock.

Hey, can you explain what exactly your Sub-Zero thing does?

It would be great to have a guide about subzero cooling, because I do not know what my peltier systems temps will look like.

Thank you already!

a video on an office tidy up day would be cool.

dude when will your review the new Razer Blade? 

Im super hyped about your opinion on this product!

Nice to see a certain Firefly :)

You missed a door... probably the boiler, but still...

Apple, Piss Off! ~ Linus 2014

No, you're not hallucinating, or maybe you are... either way, I'm back. ~ Linus 2015

So much mess Linus, Dem hard drives, Dat sever

I guess Canada doesn't get many earthquakes... all those HDDs, BlackMagic Cameras, Monitors, Random Items... they could get destroyed in seconds! Secondly ~ you should have mentioned the address... I wanna organise a raiding party in this cave of wonders! xD

@LinusTech

Funny you say that because they're in Vancouver which is the one place in the entire country that can (and does) get earthquakes.

He who dies with the most tools wins.

Funny you say that because they're in Vancouver which is the one place in the entire country that can (and does) get earthquakes.

I found that far funnier than I should have... I'd cry so hard if it all broke.

[spoiler = "My Computer Stuff"]

My ITX:

240 Air ; Z87I-Deluxe ; 4770K ; H100i ; G1 GTX 980TI ; Vengeance Pro 2400MHz (2x8GB) ; 3x 840 EVO (250GB) ; 2x WD Red Pro (4TB) ; RM650 ; 3x Dell U2414H ; G710+ ; G700s ; O2 + ODAC + Q701 ; Yamaha HTR-3066 + 5.1 Pioneer.

Things I Need To Get Off My Shelf:

250D ; 380T ; 800D ; C70 ; i7 920 ; i5 4670K ; Maximus Hero VI ; G.Skill 2133MHz (4x4GB) ; Crucial 2133MHz (2x4GB) ; Patriot 1600MHz (4x4GB) ; HX750 ; CX650M ; 2x WD Red (3TB) ; 5x 840 EVO (250GB) ; H60H100iH100i ; H100i ; VS247H-P ; K70 Reds ; K70 Blues ; K70 RGB Browns ; HD650.

I was having a pretty crappy day, but this cheered me up.

You guys are slobs, and I'm surprised you didn't apologize about it, eh?

Seeing all of the computer parts that I desperately want lying around on the floor made me want to cut myself with the retardedly sharp edges of my 2010 iMac though.

- "some salty pretzel bun fanboy" ~ @helping, 2014
- "Oh shit, watch out guys, we got a hopscotch bassass here..." ~ @vinyldash303

- "Yes the 8990 is more fater than the 4820K and as you can see this specific Video card comes with 6GB" ~ Alienware 2014

5 guys in one room, Slick in the other. We know who the real boss is.

It's Linus, Slick gets fired so much that it's easier to separate his stuff from everyone else's so it's easier to move out.

- "Yes the 8990 is more fater than the 4820K and as you can see this specific Video card comes with 6GB" ~ Alienware 2014

I guess Canada doesn't get many earthquakes... all those HDDs, BlackMagic Cameras, Monitors, Random Items... they could get destroyed in seconds! Secondly ~ you should have mentioned the address... I wanna organise a raiding party in this cave of wonders! xD

@LinusTech

OMG, we need to make a WoW raid out of LinusTech. I want the Storm Trooper armor set!

OMG, we need to make a WoW raid out of LinusTech. I want the Storm Trooper armor set!

I want that BlackMagic Camera... and that Z97WS xD

Well, I had no idea, I live on the other side of the world XP

Linus after watching your video, if Canada ever has an earthquake, even a tiny one, everything falls and breaks, like EVERYTHING lol

- i7-2600k @ 4.7GHz - MSI 1070 8GB Gaming X - ASUS Maximus V Formula AC3 Edition - 16GB G.SKILL Ripjaws @ 1600Mhz - Corsair RM1000 - 1TB 7200RPM Seagate HDD + 2TB 7200 HDD + 2x240GB M500 RAID 0 - Corsair 750D - Samsung PX2370 & ASUS ROG SWIFT -

I was amazed by the random laying around quadro I so desperatly need but then the server room happoned... why just why didn't you strip the house or at least that bathroom to a normal room.

But congratz with the little company it is joyfull to see you evolve from where you came

lol! #1 server setup

hellooooooooo

Is linus ever going to explain why he used a house as an office instead of using actual office space?

Cheaper, and why wouldn't you want a house for a workspace xD?

One question, why on earth do you have your studio in a home and not an actual office some where?

I would imagine a dwelling costs a lot less than office space.  In the uk, as well it will have different community charge/rates than a commercial premise (hence no commercial pick up [when he was talking about the cardboard])

Two motoes to live by   "Sometimes there are no shortcuts"

"This too shall pass"

Linus,  isn't this the second tour ?

In the last tour you were giving Slick a 'hard time' for having a bowl in his work area.  See the place hasn't been tidied, and that there's still dishes lying about.

Maybe if you devoted one room to a tea(coffee I suppose: you are Canadians after all)/meal/break room people would (in the back of their minds) come to associate that as the only area were they could eat/lounge about etc, and think of the rest of the 'house' as a workplace.  Mind you that lounge/work anywhere ethos seems to work for Google etc.

Two motoes to live by   "Sometimes there are no shortcuts"

"This too shall pass"