GPU opinions

mikeman902

So I currently have a PNY GTX770 4GB graphics card in my system. I know that one graphics card is always better then too but I already have one. So I either want to upgrade to a GTX780 EVGA or get another PNY GPU, which would you get or refer me too? other options will be taken into consideration 

:)

So I currently have a PNY GTX770 4GB graphics card in my system. I know that one graphics card is always better then too but I already have one. So I either want to upgrade to a GTX780 EVGA or get another PNY GPU, which would you get or refer me too? other options will be taken into consideration 

:)

It depends, if you want one or two graphics cards.

If you can get your moneys worth back on the 770 i would say go get a GTX 780. It's a beast GPU and it runs pretty much everything @ 60FPS

Intel i7-2600K @ 4,5GHz | EVGA GeForce GTX 780 w/EKWB Copper Waterblock | Kingston HyperX blu 16GB @ 1600 MHz | Phanteks Enthoo Primo | MSI Z77A-GD65 | CM M1000 Silent Pro | Samsung 840 Pro 128GB | BenQ XL2420T 120hz | Logitech G710+ | Razer Deathadder 2013 -

- XSPC Raystorm CPU Waterblock | XSPC RX360 Radiator | EKWB EK-FC Titan GPU Waterblock -

I would suggest returning or selling the 770 and buying a 780 or a 780TI depending on how much extra money you can add. Both the 780 and the 780TI can play pretty much any current game at max settings above 60 FPS.

My Current Build: 

Intel i5 3570K @ 4.4GHz 1.11V, Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO, Asrock Z77 Extreme4, Corsair Vengeance 8GB 1600MHz, Samsung 840 EVO 250GB, Asus GTX 760 DCII Overclocked, Corsair CX600M

Get a EVGA 780 and stepup when the 6gb version comes out.

CPU: AMD RYZEN 7 3700x CPU Cooler: AMD Wraith Prism Motherboard: MSI MPG X570 Gaming Plus Memory: Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 16GB (2x8GB) SSD: Samsung 970 Plus 250GB NVME, WD Blue 2TB m.2, Crucial M500 240GB GPU: EVGA GTX 1080 FTW PSU: Seasonic G-Series 550W CASE: Corsair 220T RGB

If I was you @mikeman902 I would wait for the next iteration of GPUs (Maxwell) and when those come out, sell your PNY GTX770.

For two reasons..

1) Because they will be newer and better than your current, of course..

And also

2) Because even if you choose not to spend the money on the Maxwell GPU, the release of those will drop prices on the previous GTX 780 & 780ti and will be an even better time to grab one of these.

Just sell your PNY GTX 770 at that time, if you can. I definitely wouldn't invest in a second PNY to SLI it. Just not a good choice when you have the two I listed above.

::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::

« Current PC ~ Phantom Beast »

.::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::.

It depends, if you want one or two graphics cards.

If you can get your moneys worth back on the 770 i would say go get a GTX 780. It's a beast GPU and it runs pretty much everything @ 60FPS

I would suggest returning or selling the 770 and buying a 780 or a 780TI depending on how much extra money you can add. Both the 780 and the 780TI can play pretty much any current game at max settings above 60 FPS.

We seem to be having an echo going on here. :D

ON A 7 MONTH BREAK FROM THESE LTT FORUMS. WILL BE BACK ON NOVEMBER 5th.

Advisor in the 'Displays' Sub-forum | Sony Vegas Pro Enthusiast & Advisor

Tech Tips Christian Fellowship Founder & Coordinator 

Can you tell us why you need to up the performance? 

Easy solution: If you're desperate, sell your 770 and grab a 6gb 780 that's around the corner.

Best solution: Depending of how comfortable you are playing and the resolution, wait patiently for the 880 whenever comes out. You card is actually not bad at all.

wait until next gen drops, if they aren't too expensive and there is a significant jump in performance at good prices, then sell to some tools on eBay for a decent price and buy new card

if performance jump isn't high, or too costly, buy a second 4GB 770 which should be cheaper once next gen comes. 

Error: 410

Why do you need to upgrade? Are you having issues?

Case: Lian Li PC011-D - CPU: 3900x - GPU: 2080ti Reference - Mobo: Gigabyte - Ram: Corsair 4x16gb 3200MHz - SSD: 2TB Samsung Evo NVME

Can you tell us why you need to up the performance? 

Easy solution: If you're desperate, sell your 770 and grab a 6gb 780 that's around the corner.

Best solution: Depending of how comfortable you are playing and the resolution, wait patiently for the 880 whenever comes out. You card is actually not bad at all.

I was hoping to start playing on 3 monitors, thats why I got a 4gb in the first place