Used Silverstone TJ11 - Is the price right?

XzzDSA

Howdy o/

So I've been looking to buy the Temjin TJ11 for a while. It's an expensive case, but it's just unique. 
Because of the price I've been looking around for used cases and I've finaly found one, and it seems to be suprisingly cheap.
LJFY6XX.jpg
The seller has done a few modifications as you can proberly tell from the picture... The mesh on the buttom on both sides have been painted white, and the mesh on top has also been painted white.
The 180mm fans that come with the case is not included.

The price sits around 400$... Now take into account that everything is about 25% more expensive in Denmark, and that is reflected in used sales aswell.

What are your thougts?

Also, I'm a bit concerned with fingerprints and wear of the paint, I think it seems like the sidepanel has got some grease on it. I have never had a tj11 in real life to observer and no nothing about the material.

So again, I need your help to iron out wether you think this is a good purchase or not.. (Plus i proberly have to pay around 100$ in either shipping or gas.

Everyone have a cool signature. I don't, so I thought I would write something.

- Cool right?

nahhh. I would get something more modern like the Enthoo Primo or the 900D. 

Aesthetics of rigs matter

If you're interested, participate in LTT Build Offs

Even if their was grease on it, it could be cleaned or even... Powder Coated. I like the look of it too, I would go for it.

Ryzen 1600@3.8ghz / 16gb 2400mhzASRock B350 ITX / Gigabyte RX 470 4gb / 256gb M.2 / SG13B-Q / Corsair 450w

i woudnt.. that price is crazy, 400$ its hard to find a case that expensive NEW...

actually i found one and it had touch controls built in...

Edited by Rorgash

Proud Member of the Glorious PC Master Race

i woudnt.. that price is crazy, 400$ its hard to find a case that expensive NEW...

actually i found one and it had touch controls built in...

I don't think you've understood proberly :P

This is THE case that I want. not the enthoo primo or the 900D.. I am asking for advice of this particular deal. It IS an expensive case, from new it costs around 800$ depending on where you are in the world. 
I thank you and I appriciate that you are trying to help me, but unfortunally It's not personal oppinions that I need to hear about the case.

Even if their was grease on it, it could be cleaned or even... Powder Coated. I like the look of it too, I would go for it.

Hmm.... Fortunally the whole case is extremely easy to mod and the mesh should be pretty easy to get black. The missing fans are almost 90$ alone. But It's a fantastic deal if it really is in as good a shape as he claims it to be.

- Cool right?

I don't think you've understood proberly :P

This is THE case that I want. not the enthoo primo or the 900D.. I am asking for advice of this particular deal. It IS an expensive case, from new it costs around 800$ depending on where you are in the world. 

I thank you and I appriciate that you are trying to help me, but unfortunally It's not personal oppinions that I need to hear about the case.

Hmm.... Fortunally the whole case is extremely easy to mod and the mesh should be pretty easy to get black. The missing fans are almost 90$ alone. But It's a fantastic deal if it really is in as good a shape as he claims it to be.

I would ask for more pictures just to be sure. Regardless of paint/fans it's cheaper to buy it like this.

Ryzen 1600@3.8ghz / 16gb 2400mhzASRock B350 ITX / Gigabyte RX 470 4gb / 256gb M.2 / SG13B-Q / Corsair 450w

I would ask for more pictures just to be sure. Regardless of paint/fans it's cheaper to buy it like this.

Yeah, I've already asked him for pictures of the top and some better pictures of the side panels themselves.

It is much cheaper, plus with the build quality of silverstones TJ cases.... You REAALLY have to try if you wonna beat them up.. Lol. So it is proberly fine but I want to know if anyone out there has got some specific detail for me to look out for with this case when buying it used.

- Cool right?

Look for scratches and ripped up wires? $400 sounds a bit too expensive, maybe 300 or 350 would do in my opinion.

Look for scratches and ripped up wires? $400 sounds a bit too expensive, maybe 300 or 350 would do in my opinion.

I've asked him to send some more detailed pictures of the case, I live 260 miles away from him so I can't really get to look at it in person, although I plan on driving there and picking it up myself so that will ultimately decide the final price.

He says that it's in a perfect condition apart from the white/silver painted mesh and missing fans. That will only time tell though when I hopefully take a look at it in person.

- Cool right?

Ask for a clear picture of the window, it's acrylic and pretty stratch sensitive but see my next sentence. It's a good deal but contact Silverstone for new grills for the sidepanel & topcover (they are easily removed by unscrewing -> http://i759.photobucket.com/albums/xx233/kier1976/TJ11/DSC00354.jpg).%C2'> would look awful and order your fans directly from Silverstone, 90$ for fans is a lot. Everything in this case can be taken apart btw.

I'm actually by myself a TJ11 owner, costed me quite a lot here 500-550eur but it was every buck worth it, nothing is plastic even the top cover is fully metal including the grills. 900D is a joke against the TJ11 so avoid them. If you want me to list the pros of this case, ask :P

Whats modern about a cheap plastic 5eur box? The 900d isn't that far away to have more plastic than metal. A TJ11 is fully metal except the hdd holders & fans ofc.

The price isn't actually that bad IMO, atleast when you know the pricing in northern Europe. And I would have to agree with the posters above saying that the TJ11 isn't really in the same league as the 900D or enthoo primo.

The price isn't actually that bad IMO, atleast when you know the pricing in northern Europe. And I would have to agree with the posters above saying that the TJ11 isn't really in the same league as the 900D or enthoo primo.

I would say the TJ11 is pretty much the best competitor against those two case. UNTIL, you consider the price for a new one.. But oh well, nothing beats personal preference :P

Not here to defend my choice either, just looking for help so thanks :)

- Cool right?

I would say the TJ11 is pretty much the best competitor against those two case. UNTIL, you consider the price for a new one.. But oh well, nothing beats personal preference :P

I think we looked at different posts when we thought about "posters above". What I meant was that even though the TJ11 is quite close to the 900D and enthoo primo in specs it's better build quality puts it in a league of it's own. I'm a TJ07 owner myself and I think the price is justifiable when you look at the build quality and the moddability of the TJ07 and the TJ11. You won't regret your TJ11 in a couple of years when everyone is getting rid of their 900D for the next big thing.

Hell's yea! The three 180mm fans should be around $18-$20 each so high price would be $60 for the three, new one is about $590, so $400 + $60 = $460 or $130 off for being used. I am assuming the case is good otherwise, no drilling/cutouts added on the inside.

Any new build I will get the TJ-11 hands down, currently on a FT02.

There are some that get it and some that don't, end of story. (you get it ;) )

Wait, there are only 2 x 180mm fans in the TJ-11 so $590 - ($400 + $40) = $150 saved :D

Edited by IdeaStormer

I roll with sigs off so I have no idea what you're advertising.

This is NOT the signature you are looking for.

I think we looked at different posts when we thought about "posters above". What I meant was that even though the TJ11 is quite close to the 900D and enthoo primo in specs it's better build quality puts it in a league of it's own. I'm a TJ07 owner myself and I think the price is justifiable when you look at the build quality and the moddability of the TJ07 and the TJ11. You won't regret your TJ11 in a couple of years when everyone is getting rid of their 900D for the next big thing.

Hell's yea! The three 180mm fans should be around $18-$20 each so high price would be $60 for the three, new one is about $590, so $400 + $60 = $460 or $130 off for being used. I am assuming the case is good otherwise, no drilling/cutouts added on the inside.

Any new build I will get the TJ-11 hands down, currently on a FT02.

There are some that get it and some that don't, end of story. (you get it  ;) )

Wait, there are only 2 x 180mm fans in the TJ-11 so $590 - ($400 + $40) = $150 saved  :D

It's a matter of preference.. I've fallen in complete love with the TJ11's 90dec motherboard tray, the modability and the quality... Just a unique case all the way around, same with the TJ07 (although the looks of that is mehh to me, but again it comes down to personal preferance).

I belive the 900D is a very solid case. Like it aswell but that thing is just too big it's rediculous :P The enthoo primo has the potential to be an incredible case. But some plastic parts used around the corners of the case just put me completely off unfortunaly.

Anyways, the tj11 has 2 180mm fans where the 'scoops' are. And one 120mm on the motherboard tray by the I/O panel. The new price for a Tj11 is actually around 800$ and the 180mm are 40$ each. So that's actually a saving of just about 2-300$.

EDIT:

@IdeaStormer - Be on the lookout for silverstone next year... They will proberly release yet another anniversary model. :D

- Cool right?

NOOOOOO

Well thank you for your input.

- Cool right?

Soooo... I bought it :) 370$ for a one year old case, not too bad. It's missing two 180mm fans and 3 120mm's.. The 120's I was going to replace anyways so it doesn't really matter to me. It's been shipped today and I'll be expecting it monday or tuesday together with a couple of new silverstone 181 fans to replace the missing ones. :)

I'm still in the planning phases of my new build, but this is the first step in the right direction.. Follow me here: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/76175-xzzdsas-2014-build-plans/?p=1044889

- Cool right?

• 7 years later...

Yes there hare to find 

But I now have 2 of them 

One for 400 

One for 100