ULTIMATE AMD Kaveri Value PC Computer "How To" Build Guide

Nice video!

Really liked the editing and style :)

Being Kaveri so nice as "standalone" I'd love to see an HTPC-like build; small case, no GPU, etc.

Basically a value system that I could build for my mother and make sure that it wouldn't be trash after a couple of years (given very basic usage, i.e. skype/web browsing)

if you guys want a HTPC build

you could swap the case to the CoolerMaster Elite 120 and swap the Asrock board to its iTX sibling

minus the MSI GPU and it will be a sweet HTPC in your living room

Budget? Uses? Currency? Location? Operating System? Peripherals? Monitor? Use PCPartPicker wherever possible. 

Quote whom you're replying to, and set option to follow your topics. Or Else we can't see your reply.

if you guys want a HTPC build

you could swap the case to the CoolerMaster Elite 120 and swap the Asrock board to its iTX sibling

minus the MSI GPU and it will be a sweet HTPC in your living room

Great idea! HTPC build guide by Linus!!  B)

This was an awesome video.

I really enjoyed the zooming effect to the B-roll close ups on the build steps. It made the video feel interactive has a viewer. Also enjoyed the music at the end with the B-roll of the completed build. 

Keep making awesome videos like this one!!!  :)

CPU: 3770K | Motherboard: Asus Maximus V Formula | GPU: GTX 1080Ti SLI | Ram: 16gb Corsair Dominator Platinum 2133 | PSU: Corsair AX1200i | Storage: 2x Samsung 840 pros | Case: Corsair 650D | Cooler:  Corsair H100i with Noctus NF-F12 fans | Monitor: Asus ROG Swift PG278Q

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant / Benchmarks

CPU:  AMD A10-7850K 3.7GHz Quad-Core Processor  ($179.98 @ SuperBiiz)
CPU Cooler:  Noctua NH-L9a 57.5 CFM CPU Cooler  ($42.00 @ Amazon)
Motherboard:  ASRock FM2A88X-ITX+ Mini ITX FM2+ Motherboard  ($98.98 @ SuperBiiz)
Memory:  G.Skill Ares Series 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-2400 Memory  ($83.99 @ Newegg)
Storage:  Samsung 840 EVO 120GB 2.5" Solid State Disk  ($89.99 @ Amazon)
Storage:  Western Digital Caviar Blue 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive  ($59.98 @ OutletPC)
Case:  Cooler Master Elite 120 Advanced (Black) Mini ITX Tower Case  ($34.99 @ Newegg)
Power Supply:  SeaSonic 400W 80+ Bronze Certified ATX Power Supply  ($49.99 @ Mwave)
Operating System:  Microsoft Windows 8.1 (OEM) (64-bit)  ($89.98 @ OutletPC)
Total: $729.88
(Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available.)
(Generated by PCPartPicker 2014-04-02 08:37 EDT-0400)

this is my take of the iTX variant of the HTPC of the above build

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant / Benchmarks

CPU:  AMD A10-7850K 3.7GHz Quad-Core Processor  ($179.98 @ SuperBiiz)
CPU Cooler:  Noctua NH-L9a 57.5 CFM CPU Cooler  ($42.00 @ Amazon)
Motherboard:  ASRock FM2A88X-ITX+ Mini ITX FM2+ Motherboard  ($98.98 @ SuperBiiz)
Memory:  G.Skill Ripjaws X Series 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1600 Memory  ($79.02 @ NCIX US)
Storage:  Western Digital Caviar Blue 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive  ($59.98 @ OutletPC)
Video Card:  PowerColor Radeon R9 270X 2GB Video Card  ($209.99 @ NCIX US)
Case:  Cooler Master Elite 120 Advanced (Black) Mini ITX Tower Case  ($34.99 @ Newegg)
Power Supply:  Cooler Master i500 500W 80+ Bronze Certified ATX Power Supply  ($59.99 @ Mwave)
Operating System:  Microsoft Windows 8.1 (OEM) (64-bit)  ($89.98 @ OutletPC)
Total: $854.91
(Generated by PCPartPicker 2014-04-02 08:59 EDT-0400)

and this is the iTX gaming rig to pair with your HDTV

Budget? Uses? Currency? Location? Operating System? Peripherals? Monitor? Use PCPartPicker wherever possible. 

Quote whom you're replying to, and set option to follow your topics. Or Else we can't see your reply.

-Dipp-

So you are still alive?

[spoiler= Dream machine (There is also a buildlog)]

Case: Phanteks Enthoo Luxe - CPU: I7 5820k @4.4 ghz 1.225vcore - GPU: 2x Asus GTX 970 Strix edition - Mainboard: Asus X99-S - RAM: HyperX predator 4x4 2133 mhz - HDD: Seagate barracuda 2 TB 7200 rpm - SSD: Samsung 850 EVO 500 GB SSD - PSU: Corsair HX1000i - Case fans: 3x Noctua PPC 140mm - Radiator fans: 3x Noctua PPC 120 mm - CPU cooler: Fractal design Kelvin S36 together with Noctua PPCs - Keyboard: Corsair K70 RGB Cherry gaming keyboard - mouse: Steelseries sensei raw - Headset: Kingston HyperX Cloud Build Log

How would an APU build function for a Photo/Video editing machine? I've been looking into building one of these for my girlfriend and it would be used almost entirely for Photoshop/Lightroom.

should have gotten the 7700K with that 250, just as fast in DG, but $50 cheaper.

That video was extremely awesome. Well done guys. And that intro...

Molex to SATA, lose all your data

Awesome camera work, nice video for sure

Arc Midi R2 | ASUS M5A97r2.0 | AMD FX-8350 | EVGA GTX 780 FTW Edition | Corsair Vengeance 8gb | Corsair RM650w Gold | H100i Cooler | 128gb Samsung SSD | 2tb Seagate Barracuda | 3tb Seagate External

Peripherals: 23" Samsung SyncMaster2333 | Acer 27" 1080p | Corsair Vengenance K70 Cherry MX Blue | Logitech G602 | Razer Megalodon Headset | Vespula Gaming Pad

I must say. The intro of this video is AWESOME!

Nobody on the internet actually tried to crossfire with the r7 260x . could you test this please so I can decide to buy and Kaveri or a FX6300 .

PS: because of your r7 260x awesome video I bought that awesome video card :D. Let's continue ...

The camerawork/editing was superb. Huge props to the new guy!

"If you do not take your failures seriously you will continue to fail"

Love how they spelt Luke Lafrienernernenrenrnenrnenrnerneer wrong @31:11 :D

whatever AMD paid to you, they should double it!

amazing video  B)

A person is smart. People are dumb, panicky dangerous animals and you know it.

I am looking to do a similar build to this but with a Micro ATX setup using a BitFenix Prodigy M case.  Hopefully I can get some responses in the planning to build thread.  My personal computer I put together with the help of my Bro-in law just died on me after 7 years of hard usage 3 mice and 1 monitor later.  Still rocking my original Logitech 350 Internet Keyboard though ;)  Anyways I hope to get this build up and running soon!

I am looking to do a similar build to this but with a Micro ATX setup using a BitFenix Prodigy M case.  Hopefully I can get some responses in the planning to build thread.  My personal computer I put together with the help of my Bro-in law just died on me after 7 years of hard usage 3 mice and 1 monitor later.  Still rocking my original Logitech 350 Internet Keyboard though ;)  Anyways I hope to get this build up and running soon!

newegg also has the A10-7850K build guide

hmm I smell AMD Kaveri marketing

jokes aside

@GioM

see if this fits your bill

the BitFenix has cooling issue since the PSU is mounted at the front which blocks the front cooling intake fan so I suggest the AeroCool DS Cube instead, same size as the BitFenix but have better management of the components and love flat mounting of mobos.

CPU:  AMD A10-7850K 3.7GHz Quad-Core Processor  ($179.98 @ SuperBiiz) 
CPU Cooler:  Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO 82.9 CFM Sleeve Bearing CPU Cooler  ($29.99 @ Micro Center) 
Motherboard:  ASRock FM2A88M-HD+ Micro ATX FM2+ Motherboard  ($58.90 @ Newegg) 
Total: $578.38
(Generated by PCPartPicker 2014-04-02 20:43 EDT-0400)

How would an APU build function for a Photo/Video editing machine? I've been looking into building one of these for my girlfriend and it would be used almost entirely for Photoshop/Lightroom.

maybe for simple photo/video editing

but when it comes to serious work, I think you will have to consider more power than this build

FX6350 + GTX760 should be more than enough.

Hey, all.

Thanks for the kind words on the intro and editing. =P I tried quite a few new things this time around and I'm glad you liked them. I've had a few people ask me about the zoom-in transitions (there were ZERO actual zooms in this video. They were all faked in AfterEffects. The wrap-around at 15 minutes is especially hilarious, in my opinion) and I think I'll just quickly post a video showing how I did them. THERE IS A CATCH! Gotta follow me on Twitter (@edzelyago) 'cause that's how I'll be linking to it. It's easier for me that way. xD

If you have any constructive criticism or even non-constructive criticism (e.g. "You suck!") feel free to shoot them my way (again, better if you use Twitter 'cause I'll be more likely to see it that way.)

Cheers!

Follow me on Twitter at: @edzelyago

should have gotten the 7700K with that 250, just as fast in DG, but $50 cheaper.

actually there is a slight difference, the number of GPU cores in the 7700K is lower than the 7850K

the 7700K is basically similar to the 6800K in terms of GPU performance

the 7850K GPU is quite similar to the R7 250 or the previous gen HD7750

actually there is a slight difference, the number of GPU cores in the 7700K is lower than the 7850K

the 7700K is basically similar to the 6800K in terms of GPU performance

the 7850K GPU is quite similar to the R7 250 or the previous gen HD7750

the 250 has 384 SP, while the 7850K has 512, the 7700K has 384, so it will be just as fast.

newegg also has the A10-7850K build guide

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jNHbJWwFlp0

hmm I smell AMD Kaveri marketing

jokes aside

@GioM

see if this fits your bill

the BitFenix has cooling issue since the PSU is mounted at the front which blocks the front cooling intake fan so I suggest the AeroCool DS Cube instead, same size as the BitFenix but have better management of the components and love flat mounting of mobos.

CPU Cooler:  Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO 82.9 CFM Sleeve Bearing CPU Cooler  ($29.99 @ Micro Center) 
Motherboard:  ASRock FM2A88M-HD+ Micro ATX FM2+ Motherboard  ($58.90 @ Newegg) 
Total: $578.38
(Generated by PCPartPicker 2014-04-02 20:43 EDT-0400)

Thanks, I just looked at it again on YT and you are right!  I guess I will just have to do the Mini ITX instead or change the case as you stated.

the 250 has 384 SP, while the 7850K has 512, the 7700K has 384, so it will be just as fast.

hmm now that i look at the stream processing units looks like the onboard GPU in the 7850K is sandwich between the R7 250 and R7 250X coz the R7 250X has up to 640 stream processors

Thanks, I just looked at it again on YT and you are right!  I guess I will just have to do the Mini ITX instead or change the case as you stated.

if its an iTX build

here you go

CPU Cooler:  Noctua NH-L9a 57.5 CFM CPU Cooler  ($42.00 @ Amazon) 
Motherboard:  ASRock FM2A88X-ITX+ Mini ITX FM2+ Motherboard  ($98.98 @ SuperBiiz) 
Power Supply:  SeaSonic 400W 80+ Bronze Certified ATX Power Supply  ($49.99 @ Mwave) 
Operating System:  Microsoft Windows 8.1 (OEM) (64-bit)  ($89.98 @ OutletPC) 
Total: $644.89
(Generated by PCPartPicker 2014-04-02 21:41 EDT-0400)

using the same parts like Linus build but swap the mobo to the iTX flavor and using the CM Elite 120