1,000 Japanese gamers polled on the PS4, and here are the results

TopWargamer

http://kotaku.com/one-thousand-japanese-gamers-polled-about-the-ps4-1502505442?utm_campaign=Socialflow_Kotaku_Facebook&utm_source=Kotaku_Facebook&utm_medium=Socialflow

QUESTION 1: Do you want a PS4?

RESULTS:

Yes - 76.4%

No - 11.6%

Unsure - 12.0%

QUESTION 2: Do you plan to purchase a PS4?

RESULTS:

Yes, on release day - 35.4%

Yes, eventually - 50.0%

No - 14.6%

QUESTION 3: If you're buying a PS4, which version will you get: The First Limited Pack or the First Limited Pack with PlayStation Camera?

RESULTS:

First limited pack - 60.2%

First limited pack with PlayStation Camera - 20.4%

Undecided: 19.4%

QUESTION 4: Which launch titles are you looking forward to? (Up to 3 titles)

RESULTS:

Yakuza Ishin! - 284 votes

Killzone: Shadow Fall - 161 votes

Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn - 142 votes

Battlefield 4 - 131 votes

Assassin's Creed IV: Black Flag - 113 votes

QUESTION 5: What non-launch titles are you looking forward to? (Up to 3 titles)

RESULTS:

Final Fantasy XV: 452 votes

Metal Gear Solid V: Ground Zeroes - 265 votes

Kingdom Hearts III - 213 votes

Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain - 181 votes

Watch Dogs - 143 votes

QUESTION 6: What series would you like to play on the PS4?

RESULTS:

"The Grand Theft Auto series. GTAV on the PS3 was the pinnacle of gaming, so if it were to come out on the PS4... Just imagining that gets me excited." – Male in his 40s

"The Uncharted series. To see a Hollywood movie level adventure game on the PS4 would be even more real and amazing." – Male in his 30s

"The Tales series. When you say 'PlayStation,' this is the definitive series for me, so please come out on the PS4!" – Woman in her 20s

"The Dark Souls series. I want to be immersed in that unforgiving dark fantasy on the newest console." – Male in his 20s

"The Resident Evil series. Give us that terror on the PS4!" – Woman in her 30s

"The Monster Hunter series. I want to experience hunting on a grand scale." – Male in his teens

COMIC SANS

Interesting but not particularly useful given that questions asked and the sample demographic. Important to remember that Japanese purchasing habits do not match up very well with the rest of the developed world. The first two questions are essentially for marketing purposes (if you ask if someone wants x and if they would like to buy it eventually, its pretty easy to figure out what results you will get). While this may be of some use for sony in attempting to plan Japanese releases the Japanese market is not big enough to dictate a full range of titles to the rest of the world (even though the market is disproportionately large as compared to the population). Without question regarding Microsoft/Nintendo/PC/Mobile and a sample that is more inclusive of the actual market place this data isn't worth much.

Intel 3570k @ 4.4 GHz |Asus Sabertooth Z77 |EVGA GTX 660 Ti FTW |Kingston HyperX Beast 16 Gb DDR3 1866 (2x8Gb)

|Samsung 840 250 GB |Western Digital Green 2TB 2x |Cooler Master 850w 80+ Gold |Custom Water Cooling Loop |Noctua NF-F12 4x
|Noctua NF-A14 3x |Corsair Carbide 500R (White) |Corsair K95 |Razer Mamba |Razer Megalodon |Samsung SyncMaster T220 2x Computer Bucket List   Greatest Thread Ever   WAN Show Drinking Game  GPU Buyers Guide

So Japan is a PS4 dominant area eh?

There are 10 types of people in this world, those who understand binary, and those who don't.

Hmm, interesting, kinda makes since due to Sony being in Japan I guess.

CPU: Intel i5 3570k @ 4.5 Ghz Cooler: Hyper 212+ GPU: MSI Twin Frozr 3 7850 Case: HAF 912 RAM: 2x4GB Corsair Vengeance PSU: OCZ Modxstream 600W Motherboard: ASUS P8Z77-LK HDD: 1TB Seagate Barracuda

So Japan is a PS4 dominant area eh?

Japan has always been a mainly PlayStation dominated area, since Sony is headquartered there and all. Nintendo has a huge presence there as well, but mainly on the handheld side (ie 3DS).

COMIC SANS

Cool post

8320 @ 4.3ghz l Gigabyte 970a Ud3 l Hyper 212 Evo l R9 290 l 8gb RAM 1866 Vengeance l 1tb WD Black l 120gb Samsung Evo SSD l HX750 Gold PSU l 500d Arctic Case l Windows 8 OS l K65 and Blackwidow Keyboard l M65 and DeathAdder 2013 l Qck Steelseries l 24in Vizio Monitor 1080p

The only thing we really learn from that is that 1% of the Japanese gamers are either too cheap or to poor to buy a PS4. 

Not sure if he's insane, or just very humble.

What if he uses the PS3 as a media machine. Or it's for his kids? 

No reason to upgrade then.

† Christian Member †

For my pertinent links to guides, reviews, and anything similar, go here, and look under the spoiler labeled such. A brief history of Unix and it's relation to OS X by Builder.

What if he uses the PS3 as a media machine. Or it's for his kids? 

No reason to upgrade then.

The poll says they were gamers, though.

Yes, I suppose even gamers could technically be happy with such hardware, but that was supposed to be a joke. It was way funnier in my head. ;)